20 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Yesterday rating was decreased , probably it's too sad and heavy for audience.

But I don't mind because I love this drama.

k85wSJ4.jpg

That was Episode #1 of Less Than Evil, a promising remake of a popular series from UK ("Luther). Tough to beat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

That was Episode #1 of Less Than Evil, a promising remake of a popular series from UK ("Luther). Tough to beat.

Thank you @kokkuri33.  Just know from you that it's 'Luther' remake.  I like 'Idris Elba' but can't finish even 1st season of this because the story is too intense and I'm too scared to watch that psychopath woman :crazy:

• Like 1

Thank you guys, for all the updates and beautiful sentiments for our girlcrush.

I found ep 2 quite subdued and a pall was hanging over the whole story, as it should. Overall I loved the understatedness and the minimalistic approach to the story-telling, juxtaposed with Shim-Duck's fabulous frilly dresses and couture overall. Definitely a gif bonanza for sure. But that will have to wait for my RL to let me breathe....

So happy to see so many facets of this gem of an actress each day.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

That is awesome. Kind of want to write SHS a fan letter of some kind, but I only have English writing skills. SHS is probably too busy these days to be reading fan letters, anyways.

LOL true. In fact, we decided against writing a long-a** message along with the flowers. But the delivery guy said, YnK people were nice and even allowed him inside the office. 

HoD

I streamed live yesterday while we were driving home, even my husband couldn't bother me. Would have been war between him and I. LOL

I hardly understood the lines but that scene where she cried to Ujin on the beach was just heartbreaking. This is what's so wonderful about SHS. No lines needed. Her acting virtuosity is all it takes to connect with the audience.  And gosh, the visuals! Breathtaking! 

The ratings may have dropped but I am enjoying every moment I get to see SHS on screen. The story is just the icing on the cake. LOL kidding. :P

• Like 3

More heart-breaking with eng sub. :bawling: 

Yesterday I watched no sub, I just could translate only one word 'Ka-jima' , I thought she asked him not to go.

But instead, she asked him to stop her from leaving, but he couldn't even hug her and say that :heartbreak::heartbreak:

• Like 2

The ending was most abrupt, like death itself.

Wow, episode 3 was nearly perfect. I wanted more of her singing, was all.

Put together as a whole, these 3 brief, subtle and understated, even somewhat spartan dialog episodes with very little fat, brought so much focus and attention to the raw magnificence of the beauty of Shin Hye-Sun the actress and of course to the artist and flawed human being Yoon Shim-Duck, that I can't imagine a better way to have presented this deeply tragic tale.

Bravo to Shin Hye-Sun. This work will stand the test of time. She should be so proud of it.

And I am so proud of her yet once again, feeling so privileged to be watching her now, truly moved by this experience and not as mere entertainment.

:skull::bawling:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mylovekge said:

LOL true. In fact, we decided against writing a long-a** message along with the flowers. 

The current fan letter version has 20,000 words just on baseball first pitches, but might be a good idea to get that part down to ~19,800 words. That will get the total letter-length under 50K words.

14 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I found ep 2 quite subdued and a pall was hanging over the whole story, as it should. Overall I loved the understated and minimalistic approach to story-telling

Coincidentally, while watching Episode 2, my eyes were sweating for ~ 1 hour.

It feels like there was just too much story to adequately cover in the time allotted. That said, they did well to work within the time constraints.

3 hours ago, immorethant said:

But instead, she asked him to stop her from leaving, but he couldn't even hug her and say that :heartbreak::heartbreak:

That scene was so heartbreaking, SHS did really well there (and everywhere else, of course).

I won't be able to watch Episode 3 for ~ 10 hours. But I'm hoping they fake their deaths, move to Sweden, and pursue their arts.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Another drama has ended. 

Thank you for producer and director and all 'Hymn of Death' team to create this classic and beautiful drama, to give chance to our SHS for this Sim-Deok role.   After this she will not be recognized only for her great acting skill, but also as one of the most romantic, beautiful, charming and elegant actress.  I've read many comments of this drama  and one of general consensus is 신혜선 예뻐 (Shin Hye Sun is pretty) :kiss_wink:

Now it's time for beautiful gifs, to say goodbye for this perfect and immortal couple.

tgYiAOv.gif

CmKeYmG.gif

9sTob0G.gif

nrZwIP3.gif

U0e52Iu.gif

sources and credits

https://twitter.com/Olje_

https://twitter.com/coldsunset0719

https://twitter.com/DUCK_is_waving

https://twitter.com/bellegif

:):D:P:lol:

2018 is the happiest year so far for me as SHS's fan, having chance to watch many of her works which all are great. 

• 3 dramas --> My Golden Life,  30 But 17, Hymn of Death.
  • 1 MV --> Snowfall.
  • 2 variety shows --> Running man (ep 412) , My Ugly Duckling (ep 99-100).
  • Many of photo-shoots and CFs.
  • 4 award nominations (1 won) --> Baeksang Arts Awards, Korean Drama Awards, APAN Star Awards (won), The Seoul Awards.

My wish before this year ends is to see her in

• SBS Drama Awards --> best actress and best couple.
  • Olive Young CF --> the one that she posted IG photo.

And looking forward to see more in 2019  ('Innocence' and new dramas). :innocent:

• Like 4

New Hymn of Death BTS.

This couple is so cute. :wub:  Many comments on SNS loved their chemistry and hope to see them again in any future longer drama. 

Full video --> https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/hehymnofdeath/clip/56943/22000308472

(credit kueunji2010)

(credit :  ssong.0914)

Spoiler

Interview clip of an Ulsan Hyundai's K-league soccer player,  at 3.10 min he said he likes SHS and wants to date her. :):wub:   Now not just international drama fans, or baseball fans, she also got more soccer fans :P.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/sports/fmg/clip/55830/22000308055?type=ucc&cooper=daum

A0JoGXY.jpg

vl0SHve.jpg

RJmGjND.jpg

Ny7XWNH.jpg

(Posted her hoping someone will help translate, I just read about this clip from DC Inside but really want to know what's the detail he said about her.)

• Like 3

Finally finished Hymn of Death- it was amazing- lots of eye-sweat produced!

-LJS was competent, and SHS was excellent.

-Felt like another 30 minutes was needed, though. Thirty minutes of just the 2 main characters developing their relationship. It felt a bit rushed.

-The actors/directors/writers did a good job of telling the story, given the time constraints.

-Didn't Kim Woo Jin have kids? Deleting the kids makes the equation a lot simpler, especially when there is only 3 hours of airtime.

-The last scene should have been a frozen pond in Sweden, with the two leads watching their son play ice hockey. I hope their great grandkids in Gothenburg enjoyed watching this drama!.

-SHS needs to do an Instagram post, thanking the cast and crew, and give netizens an opportunity to congratulate her on another strong performance.

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Hide contents

Interview clip of an Ulsan Hyundai's K-league soccer player,  at 3.10 min he said he likes SHS and wants to date her. :):wub:   Now not just international drama fans, or baseball fans, she also got more soccer fans :P.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/sports/fmg/clip/55830/22000308055?type=ucc&cooper=daum

A0JoGXY.jpg

vl0SHve.jpg

RJmGjND.jpg

Ny7XWNH.jpg

(Posted her hoping someone will help translate, I just read about this clip from DC Inside but really want to know what's the detail he said about her.)

Not sure why @immorethant is hiding stuff again.

A 22 year old 5'9" tall soccer midfielder? 

Sounds like a good plan!

(Well, unless SHS has a secret relationship with a Korean actor. I'm rooting for the "has been in a secret relationship for 5 years" option!)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

And here is the historical moment,  the 1st time SHS drama as female lead will be showed globally on Netflix.

i8sjMgt.jpg

W8o4rHN.jpg

Not sure why @immorethant is hiding stuff again.

Ha..ha..sorry for hiding stuff again.  Because I'm afraid I may misunderstand the clip completely and make myself embarrassed. 

Now I have started learning Hangul for only 2 weeks (and my progress is worse than Eugene Choi).  So the words I can translate from caption in that clip are only SHS name (신혜선) and 'date' (데이트)  :flushed: .  I really want to know what the soccer player said, and also what SHS and LJS said in BTS clip, hope someone will add Eng sub soon. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8tZNMDs.jpg

SHS will be an MC for the 2018 SBS Acting Awards ceremony on December 31st!

gqgugvN.jpg

:scream: :love:  Wow...Thank you for the news @kokkuri33 This is more than my wish. 

So we will see this couple again, right ?

zQ6l1DH.jpg

Can I have this guy too ?  So I will laugh for the whole ceremony.

hx4asBV.jpg

SHS must be loved so much by SBS channel.  So good that we will see her for the whole awards ceremony air time, not only on red carpet or some shots that camera closed up to her on audience seat like other ceremonies.   

• Like 4