I think part of the point of Sim Deok's character is that she is SUPPOSED to stand out and be different.

And this:

11 hours ago, immorethant said:

it's the thing that we and SHS must accept when our beloved actress became more famous. There're always admirers and haters. We can't change people's thoughts , we just can do our job which is posting all beautiful things and keep admiring and supporting our SHS and hope her acting will win and convert more fan's heart. :blush:

Netizens are ALWAYS harder on actresses. Good looking male actors are forgiven everything, while actresses are criticized more harshly. It's not fair, but it happens. I don't know if it's because there are more female viewers or what (being harsher on their own, while admiring oppa on screen?) And yes, the more famous a person is, the more people will forget they are human, and the more they will criticize. SHS is doing great. Let the crabby, miserable people be crabby, and everyone else can just enjoy the performance. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, immorethant said:

I've read that too, but I rather think if it's other actress who plays this role they will also find something to complain eventually. Don't mind that comments, I think those are not her fan and never watched her previous drama either.

Only thing that it's not great in EP1 (but it's ok) , I admitted that the lip-sync scene is not believable enough. However I know it's difficult to find an actress who can sing soprano and can act well and with the short time given to shoot this drama.  (I agreed with @kokkuri33 that it's director's responsibility to make it believable or request re-take). Hope the singing scene will be better in the next EPs.  

About the atmosphere of that period, I think the production team said in the interview that she's the perfect cast.  So the way her acting is suitable for the period or not ,it's the interpretation of director, which we can see in the drama that he wanted Sim Deok to be portrayed as a modern woman (who spoke what she thought, who studied abroad and be able to sing and read foreign songs and even grasp man's arm first in public). So we can't compare her with other Joseon dramas which women is more shy and timid.

it's the thing that we and SHS must accept when our beloved actress became more famous. There're always admirers and haters. We can't change people's thoughts , we just can do our job which is posting all beautiful things and keep admiring and supporting our SHS and hope her acting will win and convert more fan's heart. :blush:

(I think SHS will not mind much about those comments, for her, I think just to be able to act in any drama already makes her happy. As Seo-ri once said, to be able to perform in front of audience is ok,  but be able to do what she loves is better).

This was a really great post. I gave it a trophy!

SHS isn't playing a fictional character, she is portraying a historical figure. Sim Deok was very different from most other woman of her time, so SHS should (and did) portray her in that way.

The lip-synching issues should have been identified by the director/editing team, with countermeasures taken (shooting from distance, showing more of the environment/reactions). The close-ups during the vocals exacerbated the issue.

25 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I think part of the point of Sim Deok's character is that she is SUPPOSED to stand out and be different.

And this:

Netizens are ALWAYS harder on actresses. Good looking male actors are forgiven everything, while actresses are criticized more harshly. It's not fair, but it happens. I don't know if it's because there are more female viewers or what (being harsher on their own, while admiring oppa on screen?) And yes, the more famous a person is, the more people will forget they are human, and the more they will criticize. SHS is doing great. Let the crabby, miserable people be crabby, and everyone else can just enjoy the performance. :) 

Exactly. Plus one of the articles indicated that 75% of the commenters were female, so your assessment of the netizen comments is likely accurate.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Hide contents

I thinks this drama is great and I love dialogue between the OTP.

For some comments saying she speak too fast, I think they judged from the first 20 mins because it's the scene the she's so angry with Woo-Jin and her character is quite a quick-temper girl. If compared with LJS role, Woo-Jin is a calm and keep-cool guy, and he also has scenes reading books/scripts or narrating the story, so it's suitable for his role to speak slower.

But after 20 mins past, and Sim-Deok was getting to like him and cool down her temper, after this point I don't think SHS speaking is too fast , it's the same rhythm as other characters in this drama and the same standard as in her other dramas. 

For singing scenes, if you look at videos of professional soprano singers performed.  In order to make great voice and express emotion, they have to open their mouth wide or use their facial muscle the way I don't think I want to see our SHS with that face.  No offense here, but it's different art and different skill between singing to audience in the hall vs acting with cameras zoom to your face and you have to keep your beautiful/charming look.   So after watching the singing scenes again, I think she did quite well under circumstances.

More great points. Why were they hidden?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

More great points. Why were they hidden?

Hahaha...sorry, because I feel embarrassed that sometime I get caught up in emotion and may keep rambling too much , so I don't want reader to have to scroll a lot in case they may want to skip that. (bashful :P :sweatingbullets:)

sZZxFyV.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

viewimage.php?id=3eb5d928edcb3db57bb1&no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cee86fa11d0283191de25edc716dfae8790c53e5e63dc597c0155678553b8699083857925265b124693e60e4e8663c84116f66ecf1832

SHS did very well in the prison gate scene- emotional progression is really good.

This project plays into a number of SHS' strengths:

1. tragic, grief-stricken moments (see above)
  2. humorous, sarcastic moments/mannerisms 
  3. gluttonous moments (noodle scene!)
  4. elegant moments 

Really enjoying Hymn of Death so far, and looking forward to the final two episodes. It seems like SHS has made another good drama choice.

• Like 4

Hello, chingus! I've been out for a while because, new job. :wacko: work always gets in the way. LOL

I wanted to quote all of your posts because I have so much in my mind, so I decided not to quote at all. :joy: but gosh, isn't SHS getting more gorgeous every single time she shows herself. She goes hiatus for a while and bam! She always comes out more stunning than the last time we saw her. :wub:

Hye Sun was magnificent as always, in god's MV. Like I thought, that MV deserves a drama spin off don't you think? :joy: SHS looked so damn good in it too. So radiant especially in that snowfall scene. Even her crying scenes looked so pleasing to my eyes! BEAUTIFUL! 

I watched the livestream of HOD over at SBS and it was without subs so I just reveled in the visuals. SHS was absolutely stunning and she certainly looked, in every way, a quintessential Joseon lady. I also read the negative comments by some of the viewers but I chose to ignore all of them. SHS's popularity is growing and with it, the haters grow too so I take it as something positive because no haters would mean you are insignificant. LOL ok, that's just me. I get that the lipsync wasn't flawless. But man, Opera songs are probably the most difficult to lipsync. The opera singers have this certain look of effort that only comes out when they actually belt out using their REAL voice. So I can let such nuances go because SHS as always, was very spot on portraying Sim Deok. Loved her diction, which has always been very remarkable. Her facial expressions and reactions are always so on point. I absolutely loved the EATING SCENE (our ever favorite GIFs HAHA), her very classy look, her chemistry with LJS (ok I may be biased because I like LJS as an actor lol) and her chemistry with the rest of the cast... Can't wait for the next episode. It sucks that this is just a 3-episode drama! I hope they work together again when LJS gets discharged from his enlistment. 

I couldn't be prouder that their ratings are highest for their timeslot. She's the QUEEN of RATINGS, indeed! 

• Like 4

@mylovekge  I agreed with every word of yours.  :thumbsup:

(again, my rambling part, hard habit to break :P)

Spoiler

Regarding 'Snowfall' MV, now it reached more than 200K views (which I think 50 of that would be from me LOL :D).    I just can watch it all day, every shot of her is so perfect , even BTS photos is one of the best set. I love it more than Elle or itMICHAA photos (although they're very good).  Those photoshoots are like the photographers are doing some experiments or still figuring out on what different looks SHS can have.   

But in this MV , it's like the director and production team know how to make the most of SHS , to show her natural beauty and elegant and be able to capture the strongest point of her acting signature, all within 4 min work, dae-bak.   :kiss_wink:

I think the more projects she works, the more all producers, directors, script writers,  stylists, photographers, makeup artists will get idea of how to refine this gem and I'm sure we will see more and more beautiful and great works of her. :relaxed:

Found short article mentioned about SHS and her works 'MGL' , '30but17' and 'HoD'.

However, google got some awkward translation in some sentences, so leave it to reader to try google translate or wait someone to help translate.

‘3연타 흥행’ 신혜선이 작품을 바라보는 ‘눈’ 

'Three-hit box office' Shin Hyesun's 'Eyes' 

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=116060

And I agreed with Woo-Jin too, no comment for her performance.

Because it's very beautiful.:wub:

• Like 1

Good Friday Morning ! really don't want to get up :P

GwF5qOv.jpg

So far I haven't found any negative comments from my local SNS and from local LJS's fans, make me so glad and proud of my local korean drama fans. :wub: They are more sensible/good-taste or at least they have better manner than those netizens.  From my local comments they love the lead couple, their chemistry and especially the heart-breaking ending scene.  Some who are not her fan also said she's cute and good at acting. 

So do not worry, I think for overall, she gains more fans and more recognition from this drama.  

No reason how can viewers not love this baby doll.:relaxed:

(edited)

Oh... I just watched 'Encounter' and really want to see Park Bo-Gum with SHS in any drama.

Both have bright cheerful smile and cute pouting :wub: 

Edited by immorethant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

995002405C00F87C05

Oh so many beautiful Korean actresses on so many screens.

Yet just as I felt in early 2016, this one, I keep staring at.

This one, so different and stands out.

Transporting me yet again to another place with each new story.

That was quite poetic!

Since we are writing poems now:

Image result for secret forest korean drama

Eun-soo

Intelligent and Introverted

Bold and Determined

If you keep hiding in trucks

You won't survive sixteen episodes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5jcprg1.jpg

Oh I love poetry. Thank you for both @meechuttso and @kokkuri33.  Sorry that I don't have that skill, so please allow me to quote Kim Woo-Jin's poem here.

Sim-Deok was my dream, and me, who was looking at her, was reality.

I couldn't do anything except saying 'I love you' repeatedly to the woman who cried in front of me.

She was the only safe haven in my life besieged by the devil.

Spoiler

OST part 2 Teaser - Stay with me 

This song is so sweet.

OST part 3 Teaser - Falling in Love

• Like 3

SHS has legit Japanese skills! Maybe aided by years of watching anime?

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Oh I love poetry. Thank you for both @meechuttso and @kokkuri33.  Sorry that I don't have that skill, so please allow me to quote Kim Woo-Jin's poem here.

Sim-Deok was my dream, and me, who was looking at her, was reality.

I couldn't do anything except saying 'I love you' repeatedly to the woman who cried in front of me.

She was the only safe haven in my life besieged by the devil.

The only skill I have is sarcasm. Those words by KWJ are amazing!

14 hours ago, immorethant said:

Oh... I just watched 'Encounter' and really want to see Park Bo-Gum with SHS in any drama.

Both have bright cheerful smile and cute pouting :wub: 

After watching Encounter, I totally agree that we need to see Park Bo Gum with SHS.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5jcprg1.jpg

(Repost - because it's top of page and she's so elegant in this pic )

On 11/30/2018 at 7:56 PM, mylovekge said:

I forgot to mention how in awe I was by her Japanese speaking skills! :open_mouth: 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:17 PM, kokkuri33 said:

SHS has legit Japanese skills! Maybe aided by years of watching anime?

Yes, that scene in HoD also reminds me of this scene in MGL.  Great Japanese speaking  :thumbsup:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfcY5K7JzKY&t=1m04s

** sorry this video is not allowed to embed , so please click the link instead **

• Like 3