https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft9N-VFWst0

The smurf / ramen clip mentioned. SungHoon himself should be in a Ramen CF, he's very convincing in his eating.

Ed. Replaced clip with embeddable one (DramaKBS doesn't allow it). Thanks again to this user channel and playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHAusLz1ZsLHuan0Dc9H2UYa03w-0IP-b

• Like 4

1473403820-42-org.jpg1473403798-52-org.jpg2016090915260014794_1.jpg

As SungHoon would say, "Just WAWOO" :wub:

Shin HyeSun - Perfect Proportions Magnified in "Trendy Fashion"

http://news.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=212383

Shin HyeSun This Shapely? - "Superbly Beautiful Legs"

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2016090915260014794

Yea there're some words to go with these pics but if 1000+ words worth each pic can add anything I'll translate B) Enjoy the CANDY, oori-HyeSun-see EyeCandy for now! :w00t:

EDIT. Adding this new leggy pic I found in case you don't agree with these titles.20160906000108_0.jpgouch! :crazy:

• Like 6

20160908070703331hhkn.jpg20160908070703511nvvj.jpg

Shin HyeSun "Acting with Childhood Idol So YuJin, was Novel"

http://media.daum.net/entertain/star/newsview?newsid=20160908070704797

Shin HyeSun is an actress full of contrasts. You would think she's petite, but she's very tall; she can look 'plain' but she's exuding with charisma. However, whether as KBS 2TV "Five Children" YeonTae or as real life Shin HyeSun, on the fact that they're both lovable, there is no contradiction.

When we met Shin HyeSun after the end of "Five Children", she said, "Bittersweet/happysad. Because it was a long time of course it made me cry a bit," and "that we have to part doesn't mean it has to be sorrowful, but there was sadness and tears/cries. Doing it for a long time made you more fond of the character and the drama," as she relayed her parting feelings. "Five Children" was a long 7-months in broadcast portion alone. Was able to steadily maintain about 30% viewer ratings and was much loved. For Shin HyeSun, "a drama this long it was a first, and it required more focus/concentration, and I did fully focus. Because of the great [viewer] response it was all the more joyful and fun, it seems also" as she looked back.

Shin HyeSun's role Lee YeonTae of this drama was innocent/pure and naive/clueless, but with regard to her own standards she was a clear-cut/forthright woman. YeonTae of whom Shin HyeSun speaks is a character you think you can grasp/wrap-your-head-around and yet not so easily; sternly defensive [to male advances] and yet be heart-poundingly attractive. Shin HyeSun said, "in truth when I first auditioned, when the drama started I didn't know what kind of a girl YeonTae was, so it was difficult. Still thinking 'let me try and express her well', but at the first shoot I was considerably more nervous than I had anticipated. To grasp her feel and become proficient at it, it took several takes" she reminised.

YeonTae was a character who couldn't seem strong. If she was too clever/[fends for self] and seemed ill-mannered, that wouldn't do; while seeming lax, yet on occasion like in her scenes with JinJoo (played by Im SooHyang), she had to appear decisive. Shin HyeSun had to concern herself with such subtleties while acting, she said. "While acting, it's hard not to have my real self mixed in, but my temperament is more restless, and if there's something I like I'm different from the YeonTae I had to portray. If there's someone I like, from shyness I may not say 'I like you', but I am at least the type to make him figure it out. I am not the real timid type. I can't do 7-year one-sided crush", as she took turns comparing herself and YeonTae.

Above all else, what made YeonTae bloom like a flower is SangMin (played by SungHoon). The chemistry between them made us anticipate "Five Children" each week, and within [each episode of] "Five Children", made you anticipate the 'Yeon-Sang couple'. SungHoon had said in a past interview, "SangMin character could have been bland, but upon meeting YeonTae, he changed to become interesting." Shin HyeSun's opinion is similar. Shin HyeSun, "YeonTae, too, could have just ended as a frustrating character, but then she changed into a lovable character starting with when she met SangMin. Anyone can be deficient/incomplete, but upon meeting the other person, as a result can become complete."

While in the drama SangMin and YeonTae had meshed so well together, when they appeared together in a variety program also, more and more people always put SangMin and Shin HyeSun side by side. Shin HyeSun, "Our 'alignment'[as in cosmic] seems to have been great. In actuality SungHoon oppa and I only became close together in the latter part of the drama, but watching the broadcast even when we weren't close yet, our 'alignment' seemed to be good," she pointed out. "Meeting a partner who meshes so well was a great luck. Without even feeling any effort we matched as though we're experienced," and "that we appeared to mesh so well together was very fortunate." she laughed.

Not only SungHoon, but through "Five Children" Shin HyeSun crossed paths with many others. Among those, So YuJin (Ahn MiJung role) was one extra special to Shin HyeSun. To Shin HyeSun who had decided to walk the path of an actor from primary school, So YuJin was no different from an idol. "To dream of this career was simply my romantic fantasy. But one of the people who made me have that fantasy was none other than (So)YuJin un-nee[honorific older sister to a girl]. Because of that when I first met her it was fascinating. She doesn't know. [But] I remember how she felt close to me, and was soo excited [on the inside by myself]," she revealed.

In the drama, Ahn JaeWook (Lee SangTae older bro role) oppa was also like that. Shin HyeSun said "Senior Ahn JaeWook is similar also. I thought I might be intimidated by them, but I wasn't. They were all so great. The few scenes he and I shot together were so much fun. "***" his accent/dialect his very funny. But even though he was supposed to be a brother, didn't get to act with him much. I was hoping to get closer but sadly wasn't the case."

eunhwe@xportsnews.com   (end part 1)

==

@shanana123and everyone, thanks! :w00t:

• Like 10

On 9/13/2016 at 6:04 PM, OliviaMT said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=057&aid=0001019417

This link to an interview from SHS, is from the Legend of the blue sea forum...sorry @meechuttso for making you work so hard at translating everything.  I would help if I knew korean/hangul.  *HUGS* for all that you do!!!

[M+ Interview #1 Shin HyeSun "'NextGen Rom-Com Queen'? Still Long Way to Go"

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2016&no=645935

Through 'Five Children' Shin HyeSun has risen as the "Nation's YeonDoo". But in reality when she hears laudatory titles "National YeonDoo" or "NextGen RomCom Queen", she appears uncomfortably shy. Saying "Long way to go", blushing red and laughing at length, upon Shin HyeSun's face suddenly surfaces the nervous YeonTae hearing SangMin (SungHoon actor)'s confession of 'I love you'. In the recently finished KBS2 weekend drama "Five Children", Shin HyeSun, as Lee YeonTae, displayed great synergy with SungHoon in their romance. With viewership hovering around 30% for the highly popular "Five Children", Shin HyeSun, whose romance storyline had made the viewers warm and fuzzy, has indeed became the "Goddess Envisaged"/"Vision of Goddess" [Note: Kind of like "High Kick Through the Roof" theme song words, 'you are the one that I envision in my dreams...'.]

Regarding the end of the show, she opened, "'Bitter-sweet'. There is some sense of regret. It was going for such a long time, then the feeling of an abrupt ending. During the shooting (drama), saw the actors and staff on a daily basis, really 'rubbed shoulders' and became like 'family', but for all to gather like that again would be difficult. It feels just like parting of family members. (Laughs) At the farewell party if I had let myself go for even a bit I would have really cried."

She would especially like to relay her "deep thanks" to SungHoon for the "fantasy-like chemistry" achieved. Thanks to their great synergy it was fun during shooting, and in appearing together in variety program like "Happy Together 3" they were able to make great memories together. Due to their natural chemistry, some even asked about these two, "are they not dating for real?"

Shin HyeSun, saying "even from close staff members, we heard questions like 'not really true is it?'", burst out laughing. "At first, SungHoon Oppa and I were quite awkward. But now we've become quite close friends. Perhaps because we showed up together in the variety program also, received many questions 'are you two dating?'. More fascinating, even the on-site staff whom I saw every day were asking "it's really not true, is it?" (laughs) Viewers might think that because they saw me or SungHoon Oppa thru variety program or in the drama, but because staff members were asking it that way it was strange. A part of me thought it was a relief. Means the 'chemistry' was that good, doesn't it? I'm sad that we can't meet each other much, and would like to tell him thanks for everything."

Shin HyeSun went all out for the "Five Children" lasting over 50 episodes. "Started preparing in the Winter, and ended as Fall was coming," she appeared to look back upon all that time. In truth, "Five Children" was a type of challenge for Shin HyeSun as well. Because it was the first time she had done such a long project also. To the question that it could have been a difficult decision to do it readily, she said that "the script was so interesting. Just looking at the script made you go, 'Looks totally interesting!?' The writer had written the script in such a fun way. So really, honestly even during the shooting process it was fun. (Laughs) People around me asking, 'difficult, no?', but more than anything it was truly difficult because of the weather. When it was cold it was really cold, and when it was hot it was really hot. Although you wanted to do it energetically, because of the swelter you're all [like withered plant] so the difficulty due to that itself was what was hard and could make you frustrated. This summer was really so hot 'it was cruel'".

Under such burning hot rays, she ran, cried, fell down. It was challenge considerable enough to have been proud of herself for. But Shin HyeSun said, "the little I suffered, it was like drop in a bucket." [literal expression, 'blood in a bird's foot'] When she thought of the staff who had to stand still in their places, waving her arms denying any of her own 'suffering', she told, "there was an episode created because of the heat". "We're shooting the scene where SangMin is proposing holding a ring, and that day was soo hot. I was wearing leather shoes, and the sun was beaming down so hot and my feet were all burned. I felt like my feet were roasting. How it must've been for SungHoon Oppa who was kneeled down on one knee? His expression really looked like he was "swallowed up by the sun" it felt like. Found out that (SungHoon) Oppa had to endure not only the sun but heat from the light reflectors behind him also. So in front of (SungHoon) Oppa I couldn't easily bring myself to say "it's hard"." (laughs)

To Shin HyeSun, for whom this was a first family drama, veteran actors like Jang Yong and Park HyeSook were 'seniors' she met for the first time. Certainly their first meeting had to make her nervous. Nodding, she admits, "at first I really worried alot." Even Ahn JaeWook and Shim HyungTak who appeared as her sibling Oppas, to Shin HyeSun they were 'super seniors'. However even such nervousness was taken care of by time.

"At first there really were a lot of worries. Wondering what I would do if they scold me, I was getting deflated on my own. But instead the seniors were so kind to me, my tension eased. While their being nice to me [lit. "considering me prettily" as a younger person] was great, I felt their treatment of me as a colleague ['an equal']. Praises, encouragements, they heaped upon me so much I was touched. Especially Jang Yong and Park HyeSook, who appeared as her parents, were like my real parents. To them I am soo thankful."

Shin HyeSun, who has stepped a level closer to the viewers, is promptly preparing for the next project. In SBS new big drama "Legend of the Blue Sea", taking on the role of Cha Si-Ah who's one-sided crushing on Lee MinHo, she's getting ready for the shooting. While saying "I'm cautious because it's a work where not much has been announced", nevertheless she revealed her heart-fluttering anticipation for working with stars whom she had only seen on TV before.

"It's going to be a really fun and anticipated work that's a departure from the kind of drama work I've done. Seniors Jeon JiHyeon, Moon SoRi will be in it, and Lee MinHo senior also. All of them, really, people whom I had hoped to meet at least once, and also people we only see on TV, and I was shocked to be working with them. Of course there is the nervousness, butterflies [in my stomach] that comes with that. I plan to diligently prepare so I don't become a 'negative topic'."

To the assertion that through "Five Children" she has earned the title "NextGen RomCom Queen", bursting out laughing "it's not like that yet", Shin HyeSun nevertheless replied, "So that I can become [worthy of] that [title], I will try and do my very best" with a sudden expression of 'steely resolve'.

Just starting to 'bloom' now, this flower named Shin HyeSun, we anticipate what multi-colored full blossom will result.

Yu JiHye reporting - yjh0304@mkculture.com

(end part 1)
--------------------------------------------------------

Long articles. Not much new here, mostly all regurgitated from other articles (all translated here previously).

Summary points:
1. SHS has new titles like "NextGen RomCom Queen", "Nation's YeonDoo" (meaning the whole country is in love with her character and rooting for her now).
2. SHS is 'humble', 'modest', 'shy', a lot like YeonTae in some ways.
3. Relationship with SH is still there, doors not closed for future collaboration or :wub:.See Green highlight - reminds me of SM concern for YT when she went bowling alone.:sweatingbullets::phew:
4. She has great respect for older actors and wants to work hard to reach her full potential.
5. She's a late bloomer but plans to be around a long time.

What IS NEW is the first time I'm seeing mention of what her next role, Cha Si-Ah will be like - ANOTHER ONE-SIDED CRUSH ??? For LMH??

• Like 7

떡 = 'TThuck' = Korean rice cake eaten during 추석 = 'ChooSuk' = Korean harvest / moon festival (Wed/Thu/Fri this year) where most Koreans spend visiting relatives in the country-side and pay respects to ancestors also. This is also why it's quiet everywhere these last few days.

Text Translated: "Hot/warm 떡 arrived this morning. Looking forward to ChooSuk, ACUTOP's muse Shin HyeSun-see has shipped to us along with hand-written letter this tasty Tthuck. Guess this is what they mean by a heart that's as beautiful as her face! ACUTOP family is moved very much ('like a typhoon'). For all the encouragement/rooting for us from so many people, ACUTOP will along with Shin HyeSun-see with great products present/compensate to our customers/guests. Happy ChooSuk to all the friends/supporters of ACUTOP also :heart: Thank you. #ThisIs #ShamelessBoastingOfOurModel #Proud #ACUTOP #Muse #ShinHyeSun

--

Hand written note signed with "(ACUTOP Muse) Shin HyeSun, regards" - yeah this is why everybody loves oori-HyeSun-see :wub::w00t: Don't just sit there, Chingoos, go to your nearest Korean grocery store and get yourself some of these cakes - they are to die for, in dozens of different variety! :phew:

• Like 5

3O7A9636.jpg?type=w1200

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=5056123&memberNo=33175148

Some heart-warming candids of oori-HyeSun-see and her radiant smiles from YNK, her 'promoter'. Very funny just from the sheer childishness of that post. I don't think it's intentional, but if SHS were a commodity it's a good thing for YNK that she's one that sells with no need for promotion, B)

• Like 9

On 9/21/2016 at 6:33 AM, meechuttso said:

3O7A9636.jpg?type=w1200

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=5056123&memberNo=33175148

Some heart-warming candids of oori-HyeSun-see and her radiant smiles from YNK, her 'promoter'. Very funny just from the sheer childishness of that post. I don't think it's intentional, but if SHS were a commodity it's a good thing for YNK that she's one that sells with no need for promotion, B)

She looks so adorable in this... 

First Time in this thread... Hello to all...

• Like 7

On 9/22/2016 at 1:32 AM, czakhareina1 said:

She looks so adorable in this... 

First Time in this thread... Hello to all...

Hey @czakhareina1 Welcome to our pretty little corner on the web. It's very quiet here now, but soon I think it'll be buzzing again. Oori-HyeSun-see must be getting extended rest before the busy November/December/January. You are in for a treat, getting to watch her progress as she blooms before our eyes! :phew:

22 hours ago, shanana123 said:

Shin hye sun in hanbok.. Awwww... :wub: so lovely.. 

Oh, a rare find! Well done, @shanana123 !! Thank you!   :)

• Like 7