dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Get ready to see Shin Hye Sun and U-KISS’s Lee Jun Young in an exciting new movie!

On November 12, it was officially confirmed that the two actors would be starring together in the upcoming film “Brave Citizen” (literal translation).

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Brave Citizen” will tell the action-packed story of hero So Si Min, who once captured the eyes of the entire nation as a rising boxing star during her high school years. However, after facing the unavoidable bitterness of reality, So Si Min becomes a part-time teacher whose only goal in life is to become a full-time teacher—and who forces herself not to act when she sees injustice.

Shin Hye Sun will be starring as protagonist So Si Min, while Lee Jun Young will be playing Han Soo Kang, the student who becomes her nemesis.

The upcoming film will be helmed by director Park Jin Pyo of “Closer to Heaven” and “You Are My Sunshine,” while the script will be penned by Yeo Jin Ah, the writer of the hit superhero drama “The Uncanny Counter.”

“Brave Citizen” is currently scheduled to begin filming in December.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1498168wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-u-kisss-lee-jun-young-confirmed-to-star-in-new-webtoon-adaptation

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Regardless of inactivity, let's not declare this thread closed. Afterall a few of us started to know each other here and this place means a lot to some of us. Shall we all make an effort to post something here once a month even if it's just chitchatting? 

@immorethant chingu, I'll drop by more often 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

So happy that this forum will continue because I am super excited by what is in store for us SHS fans. Not 1, not 2 but 3 Shin Hae Sun movies in the works. Movies seem to take a long time to be released but will all 3 be released in 2022? That would make it one of the best years ever. But I have a feeling Brave Citizen will be in 2023. Also, between now and then I hope we will hear about a new SHS drama series which would be awesome. She always seems to out do herself acting wise with each new drama. Now that she has been awarded the Korea Film Producers Association Close-Up award, perhaps we can look forward to seeing more lingering close-ups of that most beautiful face. She could win an award for just breathing. Thank you all for turning my frown upside down. Happiness.

• Love 2

There are many extremely talented actors and actresses in the world and especially in Korea. With due respect to all of them, on the anniversary of Mr. Queen, actress Shin Hae Sun's performance was without any doubt, the best of the best. Just had to say it. Again. 

• Love 3

Hi chingus !

Nice to see all of you again and thank you for your posts and participations.

I apologized that I might be mistaken to assume too early that this thread should be closed.

I'm happy to see this thread is still meaningful to us to keep it alive.

Spoiler

It might be because I'm in an existential crisis of being a fan. Sometimes I got questions about what's the meaning of this ?, what should I do ?, what can I do ? Is what I've done enough ? Should I do more ? Should I stop and move on ? Should I keep doing ? What I expect to get ? What should be priority of my life ? Should I feel bad if my addiction level is not the same as before ? What if I don't have enough time or energy now to do the things I previously thought I can do it forever ?  Many things I want to say and share but at the same time many things I want to keep it to myself but hope someone with mind-reading ability to know and understand what I think.

Lots of questions about myself and other things regarding being a fan but few answers. 

Nevertheless, recently I just read a book whose quotes I love.

"Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."

"You loathe yourself, and yet you're consumed by the grandiose ideas you have about your own importance. You're up too high and down too low. Neither is the place where we get anywork done....We get the work done at the ground level."

(quoted from “Tiny Beautiful Things: advice on love and life from Dear Sugar” by Cheryl Strayed”

It also made me think of Seori. When she pushed herself hard for the violin concert to find out that it’s not fun anymore for her doing that. Later when she accepted the fact of now that she may not be able to play violin like a genius as her past, then she can move on to new possibilities and let herself be happy again.

It may be true that this thread will never be the same as before but at least today is better than yesterday (because all of you here). 

Probably it's just my expectation and my own lingering to the past and perhaps I have to learn to live in the present and stop searching the meaning of being a fan or how to become a top or worthly fan. Just living as an ordinary humble Hae Sun fan, digging the mine, reading and posting here and there, enjoying SHS's occasional apperances, accepting what I can and can't do and whatever I may receive, day by day, on the ground level. 

Have a nice day and always glad to see you all drop by sometimes. 

Love. 

:heart1:

SHIN HYE-SUN RE-SIGNS WITH YNK ENTERTAINMENT [OFFICIAL ENTRY] (naver.com)

SHIN HYE-SUN RE-SIGNS WITH YNK ENTERTAINMENT... BEAUTIFUL COMPANION [OFFICIAL ENTRY] (naver.com)

0000141237_001_20211214110401613.jpg?typ

On Dec 14, YNK Entertainment  issued an official position, saying, "We have recently renewed our contract with Shin Hae Sun, who has been together for a long time since our founding and has provided joy to grow together," adding, "Shin Hae Sun is committed to being a mutually developing partner beyond the relationship between actors and management. We will support Shin Hae Sun to live up to her faith and shine more as an actor."

On Dec 25th SHS will be a host for Saturday Night Live Korea season 2 broadcast on Coupang Play

Not sure how we international fans can watch this ?

• Love 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Shin Hye Sun Renews Contract With Her Agency

Dec 14, 2021

by S. Nam

Shin Hye Sun has decided to stay with her current agency YNK Entertainment!

On December 14, a representative from YNK Entertainment stated, “The company recently renewed our contract with Shin Hye Sun, who has delivered the joy of growing together for a long time since the company’s foundation.”

The representative continued, “We’re working together with Shin Hye Sun with a relationship beyond that of an actress and management to that of mutually developing partners. We won’t hold back our support so that we can meet the expectations of the trust Shin Hye Sun has shown in us and so that she can shine even more as an actress.”

Shin Hye Sun had expressed her intent to renew her contract again despite having significant time left in her current one after her previous renewal with YNK Entertainment, highlighting the trust and loyalty the agency and actress have in each other.

The actress has been busy showcasing her talents through acting projects, commercials, pictorials, and more. Having captivating the public’s interest with her skilled acting in KBS2’s “My Golden Life,” Shin Hye Sun starred in other hit projects including “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” and “Mr. Queen.” She also impressed on the big screen with her first leading film “Innocence” and “Collectors.”

Furthermore, Shin Hye Sun was recently confirmed to star in the upcoming film “Brave Citizen” (literal title) with U-KISS’s Lee Jun Young. She will be starring as the main character So Si Min, who once captured the eyes of the entire nation as a rising boxing star during her high school years. However, after facing the unavoidable bitterness of reality, she becomes a part-time teacher whose only goal in life is to become a full-time teacher—and who forces herself not to act when she sees injustice. “Brave Citizen” will begin filming at the end of this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503617wpp/shin-hye-sun-renews-contract-with-her-agency

• Love 2

I totally understand what you're going through now. But times changes and things changes. Nothing is the same forever even in a short space of time, one's priorities changes and sadly though we really miss the past, we've no choice but to move on. Its the same for me, these few years, feelings and people around me changes but at least im still sure i want to be a Haesun fan no matter what, be it silently supporting her and being happy just watching her shows and checking her news. And i supposed it's the most important thing. Many things have changed... But let us just enjoy the simple joy of supporting her in our own little means. :)

8 hours ago, immorethant said:

On Dec 25th SHS will be a host for Saturday Night Live Korea season 2 broadcast on Coupang Play

Not sure how we international fans can watch this ?

Im so surprised and excited at the Snl host news! :gangnamstyle:

I think can watch it on the Coupang Play app right? If it's possible to download it.

• Love 2

Apart from Eng sub, lately I’m also glad that You Tube didn’t show number of dislike anymore.  

11 hours ago, iffy21 said:

I think the company that acquired YNK is shaping things for the better 

I thought the same.

11 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

They just realised the existence of international fans?

Now can we dream of one day Hae Sun and YNK will organize fan meetings for international fans too ?  :rolleyes:

Spoiler

I think now YNK should consider about international fans more seriously. Especially if Hae Sun's career goal is to become a top star in movie industry. I didn't say this asking for gratitude or boasting about self-importance of inter fans.    Sometimes I hate to see Korean blockbuster movies keep casting well-know top A-list actors despite there may be other less well-known actors more suitable for the roles, but I accept that this is the way of the industry.  For an actor, having a hugh international fan base is significant for selling the movie globally, for producer to decide casting the role and for international investors to decide to join making a bigger-scale production possible.

(Do you recall 'Hymn of Death' ?  At that time after SBS finished shooting they planned to have only 2 eps , but later they were able to sell it to Netflix and got additional budget to call back the team for additional shooting. That's why finally the drama ended up with 3 episodes of more completed masterpiece work). 

Another example from my country. In the past there's only small group of Hae Sun fans. When 'Innocence' released in Korea, there's zero chance that the movie will be showed in cinema in my country, no local cinema company would take the risk.  But after Mr. Queen became a hit and most of regular international audiences might know Hae Sun as 'The Actress from Mr. Queen' , that's when 'Collectors' was miraculously released to my country's cinema.  The cinema company even promoted the movie using Hae Sun and Mr. Queen name as selling point, instead of other casts.  

I think at least a little thing international fans deserve to get from YNK is English subtitle.  It's one of the easiest way and don't cost too much to serve us fans. 

And this clip from Mr. Queen now got 10 million views

:wow1:

Have a nice Tuk Tuk Block day !! :love:

Y22L0jR.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Shin Hye Sun is working on selecting her next drama!

On December 16, it was reported that the actress was offered the leading role in the webtoon-based drama “See You in My 19th Life” (working title).

In response to the report, her agency YNK Entertainment commented, “Shin Hye Sun received a casting offer for ‘See You in My 19th Life’ and is reviewing [the offer].” The agency added, “It is one of the projects she is looking over.”

Created by Lee Hey, “See You in My 19th Life” is a popular Naver webtoon about a woman who can remember all of her past lives.

Shin Hye Sun has been offered the leading role of Ban Ji Eum in the upcoming romance drama. In her 19th life, she is

determined to meet a man named Yun Ju Won from her 18th life.

“See You in My 19th Life” will be directed by Lee Na Jung, who has worked on dramas including “Fight for My Way” and “Mine.”

Stay tuned for updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504020wpp/shin-hye-sun-in-talks-for-webtoon-based-drama-see-you-in-my-19th-life

• Awesome 2

Finally Hae Sun's drama news.  Yessss !!!  (Although there are 3 works of her that we're still waiting...:D )

:hooray:

This drama must be a big hit.  The story is good and character of Ban Jieum is soooo matched with Hae Sun.

P.S. 

In Webtoon story, Ban Jieum said in many of her past lives, she was born as both male and female.  Hahaha….makes me think of her role in Mr. Queen. :P  Being an actress is also like being born so many times as different persons. The character’s stories may end when the drama ends, but the memories of playing those characters remains like Jieum who can remember her past lives.  Mi-Kyung in “A Day” died and be born again as Eun-Soo who died and reincarnated as Ji-An and then Sim- Deok and so on.  :rolleyes:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

So happy today with this drama news. I'm not sure about release dates for Hae Sun's 3 movies and now this drama, but if all come out in 2022 then what a golden year it will be. 

Regarding English subtitles and recognition of international fans, I couldn't be happier. Whether it's You Tube videos or movies and dramas, if it wasn't for translators the world would be a darker place. Much respect for multilingual people. 

• Love 1

Reincarnation may be in Shin Hye-sun’s dramaland future

by tccolb

shinhyesun_webtoon.jpeg

A new fantasy romance drama is in the works called See You in My 19th Life and the lead role has been offered to Shin Hye-sun (Mr. Queen).

Based on a well-received and popular webtoon by the same title (written by Lee Hey), if she accepts, Shin Hye-sun will be playing the main character named Ban Ji-eum.

Unlike most people, she doesn’t forget her past lives whenever she cycles into a new reincarnation and is currently living her 19th life. Career-wise, this gives her a great advantage. Banking on the know-how and experience she’s built over 18 past lives, she excels in her work and has a successful career.

In her personal life, however, it gets complicated when she recognizes people she knew in previous reincarnations. When she runs into the love of her life from her 18th reincarnation cycle, she’s determined to (re)start a romance with him.

See You in My 19th Life is currently in the planning stages with PD Lee Na-jung (Love Alarm, Fight My Way) attached to direct.

Though Mr. Queen was a body/soul swap rather than a reincarnation story, Shin Hye-sun was incredible at embodying very different characters and I would love to see how she tackles a character who has lived so many lives. In the meantime, we can expect to see Shin Hye-sun on our screens on December 25. She will be hosting the first episode for SNL Korea’s new second season, which will be premiering on the Korean streaming service Coupang Play.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/reincarnation-may-be-in-shin-hye-suns-dramaland-future/

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1