So glad to see you again @meechuttso!

It's getting very quiet here strangely but that doesn't take away the pride we all have for Hyesun. The Mr Queen thread in Soompi is filled with praises and accolades from the general audience for Hyesun that I feel so proud as her fan!

Can't be happier enough for her success and increased recognition from Mr Queen. Her acting as always never disappoints. Im just enjoying every minute we are having from her every precious moment in the drama and I can't believe we've just 6 episodes left. 

I guess all of us here, her long time supporters, are preferring to take a backseat now (as compared to her last drama last year where we were actively posting lol) and contented with watching the show/bts every week, search/read her news and sns updates; and savouring her solid performance before she books in for her next drama project.

@immorethant i don't see Hyesun at all lol. Case of wrong identity? :lol:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

This video talks about the influence of eyebrows.

It compared Shin Hye Sun vs Tang Wei who have the same age, same body shape and same eyes shape but why both have different images and feels ?

Because Shin Hye Sun's eyebrows are thicker and straight (only have angle at the end) like male cartoon character in animation movie.  This also gave feeling of plain, innocent person. 

In Mr. Queen she painted her eyebrows darker which suited her male character.  Video also compared that her eyebrows are almost the same shape as Park Seo Joon.

On the other hand, Tang Wei's eyebrows are thinner and more arc, like female character in animation, giving more feminine or chic feeling. 

zcIIhAW.png

LSsy6GH.png

Just change her eyebrows style from actual (left) to new (right), we can see the different images.

(personally I think her thick straight eyebrows help emphasize her eyes, and it's probably a secret that made us feel emotion from her eyes when she acted, from the left image, her eyes seems losing some power).

a9cLqFk.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Hello everyone. It's great to see a little burst of activity here these last few days. There certainly is a lot of buzz over Mr. Queen elsewhere online that I suspect is keeping everyone satiated with well deserved accolades for our hero Shin Hae Sun. I guess that happens when you dominate the screen and the ratings every single episode.  It almost seems like Mr. Queen was written specifically for SHS.  As has been said by many others, it's hard to imagine anyone else pulling off the role. I've always considered her to be acting royalty but she is Queen of the screen in every sense of the word now more than ever.

I'm impressed that SHS has embraced the not so subtle sexual identity subtext that this drama explores while it examines what true love is and what it can be.  Kudos to the writers of this drama and probably the writers of the Chinese drama it is based on. With humour homophobia takes a bit of a hit.  It's a touchy subject, (or should i say a no-touchy subject) well handled by the writers, the director and our Queen.

Regarding her eyebrows, I had to laugh as I'm a little obsessed with them myself. Her furrowed brow is certainly an important element in the many serious or worried looks that she masters regularly. It may even be what hooked me after my first few glances of her in Stranger. Her face is so beautiful in all respects, even when her character is brow beaten (sorry for the pun), but her eyebrows are a special case, packed with emotional characteristics masterfully controlled by this most intuitive of actresses. I carve wood spirits in cottonwood bark as a hobby.  SHS and her eyebrows were so impactful in so many scenes in ALML that I was inspired and compelled to carve her face as a wood spirit after it ended.  While it doesn't really look like her that much, her eyebrows had a lot to do with triggering the inspiration.  It will always be a favourite.

Cheers to all Shin Hae Sun lovers everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I miss you all, my friends! 

Just wanted to say how incredibly proud I am of our Hae Sun and Mr. Queen. She is doing an absolute great job (as always) and I am just so happy that more and more people are recognizing her and her god-tier talent. OMG I'm already missing her knowing that the drama is almost to an end! :criesariver:

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

rNX5Gwo.jpg

(credit pic to original owner)

Yes, Shin Hye Sun, Mr. Queen and we fans have been suffering a lot..  :P

At first there were many speculations about BL part and absurd comedy from original drama.  Then the Covid affected their shooting schedule and also the casts needed to test for Covid. Next it was neglected by Netflix (I'm still mad that Netflix didn't air Mr. Queen, now they started promoting Vincenzo. So it means they intentionally skip Mr. Queen).  And after airing there were also those controversies which made me sad for a while. 

But despite all of those hardship, nothing could stop this drama from being a big hit. It gained no. 1 rating from the first to latest episode and all main/supporting casts received high recognition and praises.  And now there is going to be spin-off episodes. 

I'm so proud of Shin Hye Sun. 

:cutekitty:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Next it was neglected by Netflix (I'm still mad that Netflix didn't air Mr. Queen, now they started promoting Vincenzo. So it means they intentionally skip Mr. Queen).  And after airing there were also those controversies which made me sad for a while. 

Yes exactly the same feelings! Im still pissed.

Already predicted Netflix will air Vincenzo.:angry:

Add to all that, I feel because of the controversy, tvn is downplaying all the promotions even when the ratings was high.

But it's ok. Hyesun proved it all with her acting and awesome performance while topping the ratings and buzz charts. Credits to the entire stellar cast as well.

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

I'm so proud of Shin Hye Sun. 

To quote you, 

I'M ALSO SUPER PROUD OF HYESUN! 

• Love 4

Shin Hye Sun's IG Live on Feb 5

(credit to owner)

Eng translation summary in this twitter thread

Korean fan's thread (can use translator)

There is one part that both twitters said differently.

About Sobong account, the first twitter said SHS didn't manage the account herself, but the Korean twitter said she confirmed she managed it herself.

Have a nice Friday and weekend !!!  :heart4:

l0TzYaG.jpg

Mr. Queen Stickers

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

More at -->  https://giphy.com/search/mrqueen-stickers

(credit to owner @peaksoup and @ayupkurnia)

Also available in Instagram Story Stickers (keyword : Mrqueen)

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

It seems impossible for some in the main stream media to focus on positives without drowning in negatives.  Case in point is a February 4th Korea Times article "Historical comedy series 'Mr. Queen' on roll despite controversy", https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/02/688_303581.html .  Shin Hye Sun was given accolades and the ratings success is acknowledged, but at least half the article is about the dramas negative associations.  First, its old news.  Second, the producers are clearly innocent of malicious intent and have apologized and adjusted things accordingly many weeks ago - again old news.  Third, it's old news! As the drama comes to it's glorious end, this article wants to throw cold water on it for reasons one can only conclude are to sow division and contempt. If it had to mention it at all, the article could have covered the controversies as an afterthought, especially because IT'S OLD NEWS.  Why not just celebrate an amazing, successful and entertaining drama created by very creative, talented, hard working, loyal Koreans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2021 at 8:41 AM, Man-O-Man said:

If it had to mention it at all, the article could have covered the controversies as an afterthought, especially because IT'S OLD NEWS.  Why not just celebrate an amazing, successful and entertaining drama created by very creative, talented, hard working, loyal Koreans.

Absolute agree with you. 

Hide this because those news people don't deserve limelight here.

Spoiler

I also saw this.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/k-drama-mr-queen-slapped-with-administrative-guidance-by-south-korean-commission

This news are really OLD since EP 2 , and now we are at EP 16.  

If those newspaper people just checked the rating, IG, twitters, Facebook comments, they will see that no one talked about those stupid controversies anymore,  all audiences are just celebrating the royal couple, royal baby and spin-off episode, and of course, all praises for the drama and all casts.  

Today is Saturday,  another Mr. Queen day.

Let's celebrate !!!

:hooray::elated:

This clip has Korean and Eng sub.

Big thanks for owner and the one who made the sub. :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was thrilled to discover that Netflix Canada is now showing Korean variety show Men on a Mission, as I know Shin Hae-Sun, along with Bae Jong-ok, are on one of the episodes.  I have not watched it yet, but I had seen bits and pieces of it around the time of Innocence, usually without subtitles.  So I’m really looking forward to seeing the whole episode with subtitles. 

However, I take slight exception with the the Netflix overview of the episode which includes, “Time to take acting lessons from top professional Bae Jong-ok and talented newcomer Shin Hye-Sun.”  Newcomer?  Seriously?  She's been acting for almost a decade, slaying every single role, being leading lady in 5 dramas and a movie, winning acting awards and many accolades, driving high ratings, and breaking new ground along the way.  When, I wonder, will she be considered an established professional actress by the media.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Queen Cheorin's Shin Hye-Sun - Absolutely Perfect 'One-Top' Actress

spacer.png

[Photo] YNK entertainment

Queen Cheorin's Shin Hye-Sun - Absolutely Perfect 'One-Top' Actress

From https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/02/15/AXF4OCQN5WPF6D44MENIFZLNTM/

Shin Hye-Sun shone brightly the potential of absolutely perfect 'One-Top' Actress

At tvN's 20-episode Sat/Sun drama "Queen Cheorin/Mr Queen" finale on (Feb) 14th, Shin Hye-Sun, with her superbly solid acting to the very end, upped the true value of the title, true-to-her-name, 'Got Hye-Sun'.*** Through overwhelming number of scenes and endless character changes from start to finish, with her flawless acting, Shin Hye-Sun, like a fish meeting water, pouring out her full capacity without sparing, finished her 'Shin Hye-Sun Stamped' fusion historical comedy drama and has opened a brand new horizon.

With her elite acting ability that requires no explanation, instantly taking hold of historical-drama visuals, with record high viewership and buzz ratings all throughout the broadcast, it was yet one more opportunity to seal her stature as 'box-office hit guaranteed actress', 'ratings fairy'. With absolute perfection not lacking in even a little thing, she aroused family room theaters with fresh laughters and heart-flutters, and filling it with unpredictable tension, captivated the viewers.

Above all, so powerful was her screen presence each episode such that a "Queen Cheorin who is not Shin Hye-Sun" was just not even imaginable. A 'Chosun-era Queen' who had refused her fate and thrown away her life day before her coronation ceremony; the modern 'hot-blooded' Republic of Korea male who happens to enter her body through an unfortunate accident; the one who encounters her involuntary fandom of (actor) Kim Jung-Hyeon (King Chul-Jong); to Shin Hye-Sun who has exploded with such a broad spectrum of acting, we could only shout, "just what exactly is the limit of the possibility of your acting"? Especially for being able to fluidly channel this complex character with 'extreme crossing' of the gender boundary with her supple control acting, the predominant high praise (of her) is that the character of Kim So-Yong was "only possible because it was Shin Hye-Sun".

Shin Hye-Sun had (initially) appeared soft and weak with her innocent visuals, but through 'Queen Cheorin' she has demonstrated fierce and energetic acting through her willing to sacrifice**** without reservation, presenting fresh and unexpected charms, thus drawing enthusiastic reactions. Also not only with Kim Jung-Hyeon but also with Bae Jong-Ok, Kim Tae-Woo, Seol In-A, Kim In-Gwon, Cha Chung-Hwa, etc., Shin Hye-Sun's unlimited chemistry that raises the synergistic energy with all made the story that much more rich.

The unexpected after unexpected with each re-birth,
Leading every work in which she appears to success, with what next act will Shin Hye-Sun surprise-gift us - is already making us anticipate.

/nyc@osen.co.kr

*** As used in South Korea, the English word 'Got' in front of Hye-Sun or any star name is a form of complete acknowledgment and show of respect for that person in the particular craft for which the person is well-known.

****Not sparing her body and 'hard carry' as if to "throw one's body to the flames"

Spoiler

‘철인왕후’ 신혜선, 더할나위 없이 완벽했던 ‘원톱 배우’

신혜선이 더할 나위 없이 완벽한 ‘원톱 배우’의 저력을 빛냈다.

지난 14일 20부작 대단원의 막을 내린 tvN 토일드라마 ‘철인왕후’에서 신혜선은 마지막까지 꽉 찬 열연으로 명실상부 ‘갓혜선’의 진가를 드높였다. 드라마의 시작과 끝을 책임지는 압도적인 분량과 끊임없는 캐릭터 변주 속에서도 빈틈없는 연기로 물 만난 고기처럼 자신의 역량을 아낌없이 쏟아
낸 가운데 ‘신혜선 표’ 퓨전 사극 코미디를 완성시켜 드라마의 새 지평을 열었다.

신혜선은 설명이 필요 없는 명품 연기력에 눈길을 단번에 사로잡는 사극 비주얼, 방영 내내 높은 시청률과 화제성을 기록하는 등 ‘흥행 보증 배우’, ‘시청률의 요정’임을 또 한 번 각인시키는 계기가 됐다. 어느 하나 부족함 없는 완벽함으로 안방극장에 신박한 웃음과 설렘을 유발하고 예측할 >수 없는 긴장감을 불어넣음으로써 시청자들을 단단히 매료시켰다.

무엇보다 신혜선이 아닌 ‘철인왕후’는 생각할 수 없을 만큼 매회 그의 존재감은 강렬했다. 가례식을 앞두고 스스로의 목숨을 내던져 자신의 운명을
 거부했던 ‘조선시대 중전’과 불의의 사고로 그의 몸 안에 깃들게 된 대한민국의 ‘혈기왕성한 남자’의 내면 그리고 김정현을 향한 입덕 부정기를 >겪는 다이내믹한 모습까지 그야말로 다채로운 연기 스펙트럼을 폭발시킨 신혜선에게 ‘도대체 어디까지 가능한 배우인가’라는 감탄을 절로 불러 모>았다. 특히 성별을 극단으로 오가는 복합적인 캐릭터를 유연한 완급조절 연기로 능수능란하게 소화해 김소용이라는 인물은 ‘신혜선이기에 가능했다
’라는 극찬이 지배적이다.

청순한 비주얼로 여리여리한 이미지가 강했던 신혜선은 이번 ‘철인왕후’를 통해 캐릭터를 위해서라면 아낌없이 망가지고 온몸을 불사르는 하드캐리
 한 열연을 펼쳐 색다른 반전 매력을 선사해 열띤 반응을 이끌어 내기도. 또한 김정현을 비롯해 배종옥, 김태우, 설인아, 김인권, 차청화 등과의 >연기 호흡 역시 누구와 붙어도 시너지를 일으키는 신혜선의 만능 케미스트리가 극을 한층 더 풍성하게 만들었다.

변신에 변신을 거듭, 선보이는 작품들마다 성공적으로 이끌어가는 신혜선이 추후 어떤 행보로 놀라움을 안길지 벌써부터 기대가 쏠리고 있다.

/nyc@osen.co.kr

[사진] YNK엔터테인먼트

--

Chingoos - happy belated Valentine's Day!

It has been almost 5 years since I first posted here, but this still quiet little place seems to be alight with that special glow that comes from the One and Only, the same truly supreme Actress, our beloved Shin Hye-Sun 신혜선 . 

Let us all bask once more in her light, and let us just celebrate the late joining of the party of now millions of her fans to this celebration, the recognition of how awesome oori-Hye-Sun is, but also has always been. She is no longer our club secret - she's a household name the world over. Think about that!

This article and all its gushing only just barely begins to do justice to our Queen, but I will happily accept any late comers extolling her praises.

How fitting it is that she breaks new ground, almost single-handedly opens a new drama genre, and becomes the Queen of the genre in the role of a queen, and does it all in one fell swoop in her debut role in historical drama.

What an epic moment in K-drama and entertainment history, and how happy I am, just to be here as her fan.

• Love 5

Happy belated valentines day guys!

@meechuttsothanks for sharing the translated article. This drama definitely showed those who were blind to HS extreme talent and I'm so happy that she received it what we already knew in our hearts. Indeed, what is next for our one and only Hae Sun.

I'm going to miss 'Mr Queen' so much and my sweet couple...I can only wish and hope to see them both again in a modern drama one day. Their chemistry is off the chart. 

The ending was done so beautiful and the writer was so on point. So proud of the entire cast which seemed to me a close family that delivered stellar performance. 

• Love 3

spacer.png

From https://www.soompi.com/article/1453836wpp/mr-queen-and-shin-hye-sun-reign-on-weekly-list-of-most-buzzworthy-dramas-and-cast-members

“Mr. Queen” leads the buzzworthy drama list for the second week in a row. Shin Hye Sun is No. 1 on the buzzworthy drama cast member ranking for the third week, while her co-star Kim Jung Hyun is No. 4.

Old news, but 3 weeks in a row? Let's see if she can do 4 by this week.

Her DC-inside Korean fanclub site is posting so fast I can't find any other articles I had looked at earlier.

“Mr. Queen” And Shin Hye Sun Reign On Weekly List Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Cast Members

spacer.png

• Love 2

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

how happy I am, just to be here as her fan.

Agree.   :love:

Just to be her fan is enough for me.  So happy, really don't have word to describe my feeling now.

(Probably the same feeling as Bonghwan who he woke up and after checking the history book he found out that CJ and SY had succeeded with their plan. And he felt that his time in Jo-Seon is really not a waste at all and he selected the right side for his all-in). 

:allgoodlol:

Interesting statistic from this facebook post

https://www.facebook.com/KDramafeed.18/posts/2804685996438157

dpljv2t.jpg

:issohappy:

From IG live today she said that the filming of movie "She's Dead" will finish end of this week.

So next week I hope she has lot of time to rest and eat.  

And after that....Baeksang awards 

And also,  I really can't wait to hear the news of her new work.

(Actually I want to see she does another MV again). 

• Like 1
  • Love 2