010.jpg?type=w1200

018.jpg?type=w1200

034.jpg?type=w1200

VEDIO : https://tv.naver.com/v/12599399

From YNK's post

Q. (하퍼스 바자 3월호 인터뷰 중)
줄곧 드라마를 찍다 영화나 MC로 활동을 넓혀가고 있어요.
올해는 더 새로운 배우 신혜선을 만날 수 있을 것 같아요. 

Q. (From Harper's BAZAAR March issue's interview)

You've been shooting drama constantly and expanding activities to MC and movie.

Do you think this year we can meet more new thing from Shin Hye Sun ?

전 편하면 완전 다 보여주고 불편하면 잘 보여주지 못하는 성격이에요. 익숙한 걸 좋아하고요.

변화를 크게 좋아하진 않아서 여전히 드라마나 영화를 할 것 같아요.

그렇지만 지금까지 안 해본 전혀 다른 느낌의 역할을 만나보고 싶어요.

It's my personalityl that can show it perfectly when I feel comfortable and I can't show it well if I'm uncomfortable.

Because I don't like big change so I think I still do drama and movie. (so we will not see her dance or release an album :sweatingbullets::D)

However, I want to do the role that gives me different feeling that I've never done before.

거친 양아치 같은?(웃음) 

Like a badass gangster?  (laugh)

%EA%B1%B0%EC%B9%9C..%EC%96%91%EC%95%84%EC%B9%98...GIF?type=w1200

• Love 1
  • Awesome 4

541f181a8d56211e7453029b53238b7ec1eae49b

a5d812104b8af116f150833f17c227fe315200a5

(found these slightly different looks from Harper's Bazzar shoots - love them!) credit YNK

Hola chingoos!

I dearly hope everyone is healthy and safe. I feel so sad for the country of my birth (South Korea) and all my family and loved ones there, and for all the hard working entertainers who must be getting some much needed rest, but with a very heavy heart.

I've been so frantically busy I hardly got to watch some of the clips posted. I'm glad that many popular variety programs are subbed right away so we can all enjoy them (but so many inside jokes that can't be that funny when translated).

I have no time to add anything here, so I am ever more grateful to @immorethant , our little 'poclain' ( 포크레인 ) our little bulldozer who keeps plowing all this massive amounts of great stuff for us in this quiet but busy little happy warm corner of our internet - the same connected world we all share. 포크레인 , by the way, is how SHS describes herself and Jung-In in Innocence the movie.

Love you all, stay safe, and healthy!

:cold_sweat::heartbreak::mask::kiss_wink::love::innocent:

• Love 5

Hi @meechuttso , glad to see you.   

RWZPeuU.gif  :heart:

I hope the virus situation would get better soon next month.  Hope you safe and healthy there too. 

I really don't have time to watch some clips too. Such a dilemma. When there's nothing from her, I feel bored but now there are too many clips and photos and articles which I don't have enough time to enjoy that.

I tried to translate some clips but sometimes after spending 3-4 hours , I realized I only finished 1-2 minutes of it , my speed is very slow :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Tomorrow will be another busy day for SHS's fan. Please stay tuned.

At 12.10 on MBC --> 출발비디오여행 (Let's go video travel)

At 17.00 on SBS --> Running Man (continued from last week)

W8meMPu.gif

Edited by immorethant
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Today's in the program 출발비디오여행 (Let's go video travel), Shin Hye Sun talked about one of her favorite movie 'Only The Brave'.

I didn't watch this movie, but after watching this program I think I will check for it. Seems interesting and exciting. :)

Only_the_Brave_(2017_film).jpg

bfNGsvE.png

Shin Hye Sun's interview from Harper's BAZAAR.

https://www.harpersbazaar.co.kr/article/44924

Thank you @Ni Wen for giving me the tip, I just know it already came out :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Running Man’s rating yesterday :scream::love::thumbsup::kiss_wink:

lxG1Cee.jpg

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/03/02/2020030201834.html

'런닝맨' 배종옥X신혜선, 10% 돌파 코앞..올해 최고 시청률 넘었다

'Running Man' Bae Jong-Ok, Shin Hye-Sun,  breakthrough 10%, this year's highest rating.

시청률 조사기관 닐슨코리아에 따르면, 지난 1일 방송된 ‘런닝맨’은 평균 시청률 1부 6.6%, 2부 9.1%를 기록하며 올해 들어 가장 높은 시청률을 기록했다

According to Nielsen Korea, a rating research firm, 'Running Man' which aired on March 1st was recorded the highest rating this year with the average rating 6.6 for part 1 and 9.1 for part 2

이날 방송은 배우 배종옥, 신혜선이 함께 한 ‘결정! 백’ 레이스의 최종 결과가 공개되어 눈길을 끌었다. 배종옥이 맹활약한 끝에 총 13만원을 획득해 1위에 올랐고, 지석진이 막판 ‘행운의 선택’으로 유재석과 맞바꾸며 2위를 차지했다. 이 장면은 분당 최고 시청률 10.5%로 ‘최고의 1분’을 차지했다.

In today's broadcast, the final race of actress Bae Jong Ok and Shin Hye Sun 'Decision Bag (결정! 백)' was revealed and drew attention.  Bae Jong Ok won 130,000 won and reached the 1st place, Ji Suk Jin won the 2nd place by getting lucky draw and swapped position with Yoo Jae Suk in the last moment. This scene earned 'the best 1 minute' by acquiring the highest rating of 10.5% .

Wow...congratulations !!  

Not only she is the 'Queen of (drama's) rating, but now she is also the 'Queen of (variety show's) rating'.

I hope this will encourage SHS to attend more of variety show in the future. :blush:

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

Translation of SHS’s interview for Harper’s BAZAAR

credit and thanks to Shin Hae Sun international :wub:

IG link --> https://www.instagram.com/p/B9QgxJIpX6m

Please allow me to post this, because I really love it.

It's far far better than my poor translation.

For any SHS's fans with skill, please do not hesitate to translate and share.

Because the more the merrier :lol:

Htss8Qs.jpg

u7Hlc77.jpg
5CvaWEM.jpg

gv90idD.jpg

Continued in hidden post 
Spoiler

OmyU3oR.jpg

HYeVdDR.jpg

Rrt1SoZ.jpg

jNPA1mU.jpg

TjC2Wse.jpg

6DAaWeS.jpg

• Love 4

I'm so grateful to Shin Hae Sun International and the members of this Soompi forum for sharing their love with the world. The Harper's Bazaar interview translation made me laugh out loud when HS talked about whining and flaring up at her mother at times. While I can picture her acting like that in a drama role, I have trouble imagining her being whiny and flaring up in real life. I tend to see her as a model of perfection - amiable, modest and grounded. With my unwavering adulation of her as an actress, and notwithstanding my personal projections, its good to be reminded that she is also a normal human being. I hope she, and all human beings, stay safe in these unpedictable times.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

'Civilization Express' (문명특급) interview with Eng Sub.

(My apology for any incorrect or incomplete translation, some sentences were just...difficult :sweatingbullets:

Notes.

• At 6.44 min , she described Jung-In character as 'Sensitive Poclain'  -  I found it's difficult to comprehend.  There're news articles that quoted more complete version of her answer ( I think some of them were edited out in the video).  She said 'It's not like a big poclian, just a slim and sensitive poclain'.  I tried to imagine that she may think Jung-In is like a poclian that will dig up the truth from the ground but she's just the small and delicate machine.
  • At 9.36 she mentioned the song 'Rainy Apgujeong' by the band 'Brown Eyes'. One member of the band is 'Naul' who SHS starred in his MV 'Feel Like' 

Spoiler

Rainy Apgujeong - Brown Eyes

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4

On 3/3/2020 at 11:19 PM, immorethant said:

'Civilization Express' (문명특급) interview with Eng Sub.

(My apology for any incorrect or incomplete translation, some sentences were just...difficult :sweatingbullets:

Notes.

• At 6.44 min , she described Jung-In character as 'Sensitive Poclain'  -  I found it's difficult to comprehend.  There're news articles that quoted more complete version of her answer ( I think some of them were edited out in the video).  She said 'It's not like a big poclian, just a slim and sensitive poclain'.  I tried to imagine that she may think Jung-In is like a poclian that will dig up the truth from the ground but she's just the small and delicate machine.
  • At 9.36 she mentioned the song 'Rainy Apgujeong' by the band 'Brown Eyes'. One member of the band is 'Naul' who SHS starred in his MV 'Feel Like' 

Reveal hidden contents

Rainy Apgujeong - Brown Eyes

Thank you huhu. Ive been waiting for eng subs actually

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

It's getting quiet again and Hyesun as usual goes MIA again.

Starting to miss Hyesun again :lol:

Can't help feeling bad for Hyesun that her long awaited first movie as a lead met with such untimely corona virus situation. And all the radio and tv promotions she's done... i mean no complains since we get to see her on variety shows :D but the promotion effects to be honest are gone, I hope more will be done when they announce the new date. Could see she was excited about her new movie when she was on shows to promote it.... but only to be disappointed. Honestly im feeling a little sad about this.:unsure:

Hope the corona situation will improve soon. Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

It's getting quiet again and Hyesun as usual goes MIA again.

Starting to miss Hyesun again :lol:

Can't help feeling bad for Hyesun that her long awaited first movie as a lead met with such untimely corona virus situation. And all the radio and tv promotions she's done... i mean no complains since we get to see her on variety shows :D but the promotion effects to be honest are gone, I hope more will be done when they announce the new date. Could see she was excited about her new movie when she was on shows to promote it.... but only to be disappointed. Honestly im feeling a little sad about this.:unsure:

Hope the corona situation will improve soon. Stay safe everyone. 

I feel the same. Every day I think  about HS and the unfortunate timing of Innocent's release.  It is indeed a very sad situation. There is way too much sadness and fear in the world right now.  It's hard to stay focused on anything but the stupid virus these days. In a way it's better that her movie wasn't released a few weeks earlier when the extent of the virus situation was still unknown. If it had been, no one would be going to it. Maybe now the time gap between Innocent and Collector will be shorter so we'll get a more concentrated dose of Hae Sun's acting later on. I know I'm grasping for even a tiny thread of silver lining, trying to keep my hopes up. Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the producers of Innocent and Collector are considering making a deal with Netflix to release their movies. Given the escalation of the pandemic, it could be a long time before people will feel safe going to a cinema again. Plus cinemas  may even be banned if things get worse. The economics of moving to Netflix may not be feasible, but on the other hand it could be a viable option. As social distancing becomes more widespread, Netflix becomes a more attractive way to consume cinematic films. We have the technology so why not use it to bring Shin Hye Sun movies (and other movies of course) to the world? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0004527079

(서울=뉴스1) 윤효정 기자 = 배우 신혜선이 tvN 새 드라마 '철인왕후' 여주인공이 된다. 

17일 뉴스1 취재 결과, 신혜선은 tvN '철인왕후'(극본 박계옥/연출 윤성식) 여주인공 김소용 역할을 제안받고 출연을 긍정적으로 논의 중이다. 

'철인왕후'는 성에 대해 엄격했던 조선시대를 배경으로 벌어지는 발칙한 섹시 코미디 퓨전사극이다. '닥터 프리즈너' '감격의 시대'를 쓴 박계옥 작가의 신작이며, '화랑' '바벨'을 찍은 윤성식 PD가 연출을 맡는다.

'철인왕후'는 현대를 살던 남자 봉환의 영혼이 조선의 궁궐, 그것도 중전의 몸 안에 갇혀 벌어지는 사건을 유쾌한 터치로 그린다. 드라마에서 쉽게 볼 수 없던 신선한 장르로 시청자들의 시선을 끌 것으로 예상된다. 단순히 수위 높은 이야기가 아닌, 성 역할의 반전이나 고정된 성 역할을 극복하는 내용도 담길 것으로 보인다. 

0004527079_002_20200317140622215.jpg?type=w430원본보기

YNK엔터테인먼트 © News1
지난 2013년 KBS '학교' 시리즈를 통해 데뷔한 신혜선은 2016년 KBS 주말드라마 '아이가 다섯'을 통해 인기를 얻었다. 이후 SBS '푸른 바다의 전설' tvN '비밀의 숲' KBS '황금빛 내 인생' SBS '서른이지만 열일곱입니다' KBS '단 하나의 사랑'에서 주연으로 활약하며 연기력과 흥행력을 갖춘 배우로 자리매김했다. 퓨전사극 장르인 이번 드라마를 통해 색다른 매력을 보여줄 것으로 예상된다. 

현재 신혜선을 포함해 주연 캐스팅에 한창인 '철인왕후'는 오는 11월 tvN 편성을 목표로 준비중이다.

ichi@news1.kr

Finally we get her casting news.:D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Actress Shin Hye-Sun becomes lead actress for tvN new drama "Chul-In Wang-Hu" (Queen Cheorin)

Shin Hye-Sun has received offer to take on the lead role of Kim So-Yong in tvN's "Queen Cheorin" (writ Park Gye-Ok / dir Yoong Sung-Sik) and is in postive consideration of the role.

Queen Cheorin' is an irreverent ('crude'/'bold') sexy comedy fusion sa-geuk (historical drama) that takes place against the sexually austere (strict/repressed) backdrop of JoSeon dynasty. Park Gye-Ok writer of "Dr Prisoner" & "Age of Heroes"'s new work, and the PD who shot "Hwa-Rang" and "Babel", Yoon Sung-Sik, takes on the director role.

"Queen Cheorin", will paint with a joyous (exhilarating) touch the story that unfolds when modern man Bong-Hwan's soul gets trapped in a Joseon dynasty royal court, and that in the body of a queen, no less. It's expected to draw the viewers' gaze with a fresh genre that's not easily seen in dramas. Not merely of a high caliber story, but unexpected gender role or contents that overcome traditional ideas of gender roles seem also to be contained.

KBS "School 2013", 2016 KBS weekend drama "Five Children", ... SBS "LotBS", tvN "Secret Forest", KBS "My Golden Life", SBS "Thirty but 17", KBS "Dan Only Love",... Thru this drama of Fusion-Historical genre expected to show us different charms of SHS...

'Queen Cheorin' in casting stage including Shin Hye-Sun is in preparating aiming for November tvN release.

Thank you so much @Ni Wen chingoo!!

Hooray!! The long awaited Sa-Geuk role!!

Historical backdrop (sad):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Cheorin

wife of one of the last Kings of JoSeon dynasty (25th) before the Japanese occupation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheoljong_of_Joseon

Now what do we do until November???

EDIT: What is it with oori-baby Hye-Sun-ssi? She sure has a chip on her shoulder it seems. Never satisfied with working in existing genres, she wants to #breakthemold #startasman #timetravel #gendercross into #royalty and #makeusblush ??

:love::kiss_wink::relaxed::naughty::glasses:

EDIT2 - fixed horrible embarrassing typo above :tears::phew::sweatingbullets:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4