Quantcast

After ALML, Shin Hye Sun just gained a new fan. I was captivated by her acting skills. She's the perfect actress for the role of Lee Yeon Seo. I can't think of any who can pull it off.

I first watched her in LOTBS but i didn't remember her. My bad. But spending almost two months diving into her filmography isn't a waste of time. She's very good at portraying each and every character she gets. An acting genius indeed.  And her ballet skills? Just wow! I thought she's a ballerina/actress in real life. She also had great chemistry with KMS (and with all of her drama partnerWatching each drama twice or thrice, you can really tell how much I fell in love with her. I feel like i've known her a long time ago. It's been 6 yrs since the last time I spazz over a kdrama actress. She brought me back to kdramaland,

Shin Hye Sun is a charming woman. I really really love her personality. She's funny, honest, bubbly, cute (whenever she gets shy),  and easy to be with. I can't wait to see more

from this brilliant actress in the future.

:heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

23 hours ago, SHSxRV said:

After ALML, Shin Hye Sun just gained a new fan. I was captivated by her acting skills. She's the perfect actress for the role of Lee Yeon Seo. I can't think of any who can pull it off.

I first watched her in LOTBS but i didn't remember her. My bad. But spending almost two months diving into her filmography isn't a waste of time. She's very good at portraying each and every character she gets. An acting genius indeed.  And her ballet skills? Just wow! I thought she's a ballerina/actress in real life. She also had great chemistry with KMS (and with all of her drama partnerWatching each drama twice or thrice, you can really tell how much I fell in love with her. I feel like i've known her a long time ago. It's been 6 yrs since the last time I spazz over a kdrama actress. She brought me back to kdramaland,

Shin Hye Sun is a charming woman. I really really love her personality. She's funny, honest, bubbly, cute (whenever she gets shy),  and easy to be with. I can't wait to see more

from this brilliant actress in the future.

:heart:

I couldn't agree more. SHS is an amazing actress and a beautiful person inside and out. 

• LOL 1

The first K-drama I ever watched was Secret Forest (or Stranger). It was also the first time I saw Shin Hye Sun.  From the first few scenes she was in, with every new episode, my hope was to see more of her and less of everybody else. In my eyes, she stole the show.  When her character died, I was in a blue mood for days. But I got over it by watching her excel in her other dramas.

So I’ve been thinking about Secret Forest Season 2 and I’m a little torn. I know it will be really good but If only Young Eun-soo didn’t have to die in Season 1 then there would be another Shin Hye Sun performance to look forward to. But its not to be and I find myself recalling that blue mood from the past.

Alas, it’s for the best that her amazing acting in season one will stand on its own as a singular pinnacle performance of her early career. One that blew my mind and started my infatuation and addiction to Asian drama, Korean culture and especially to Shin Hye Sun. I'm so thankful for that because I'm loving it.  I also bow down to the excellent Bae Doo Na, who was the reason I watched Secret Forest in the first place. I look forward to seeing her again in season 2.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Secret Forest or Stranger will not be the same without Shin Hye Sun. It will be a shame for the writers not to include her in some way in this drama. I remember the day when Young Eun Soo was killed and the devastation I felt. I was so touched by this character and felt so sad for her and Shin Hye Sun’s performance was marvellous. There is no mistaking that her vulnerable, mysterious and dark character made this drama very popular!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

From MG 새마을금고 (MG New Village Saving)

(Translation)

“Inside umbrella” (우산中)

by Pak Chi-Jeong (박치정)

우산속. 

우리둘만의우주에서.

당신의어깨를감쌀수있다면.  

내한쪽어깨는조금젖어도괜찮아요.

난당신을향한마음만.

차가운비에젖지않으면됩니다.

Inside the umbrella.

In our own space.

If I can cover your shoulders.

It’s alright if only my shoulder will get a little wet.

I only care for you.

So you don’t have to get wet in cold rain.

Spoiler

Because I love both ‘Weathering with You’ animation and ‘Angel’s Last Mission: Love’ drama

featuring
Shin Hye Sun as ‘100% Sunshine Girl’ who can stop the rain. :love:
Kim Myung Soo as Angel Dan and the cat :innocent::joy:

Edited by immorethant
  • Love 4

Where has our Hyesun disappeared to?:o Wish she will accept a new drama soon! 

• Insightful 1

I am back! Been MIA.. I know this is a too late lol but REALLY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.

The birthday project wouldn't have been successful without the support of everyone, not just financially but in all aspects! 

I just got back from a quick trip to Seoul and caught the ad before it gets taken down in 2 days. Also dropped by YnK to bring some goodies to our beloved and very quiet Hae Sun. lol 

I hope she shows herself soon, though. Missing her so bad. :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After watching Shin Hye Sun’s acting in Angel’s Last Mission: Love, I thought I had just witnessed some of the best acting I had ever seen in my life.  Her acting, especially in some episodes, was so amazing my mouth hung open and my eyes popped out of my head.  It was deliriously good acting and I couldn’t imagine anyone else even coming close to her intensity, poise and instinctual performance, not to mention her ballet scenes. 

I am absolutely stunned and shocked that Shin Hye Sun was not even nominated in the 2019 Korea Drama Awards for her role in this drama. To me it was a foregone conclusion that she would win hands down any drama acting awards, let alone be nominated.

I don’t mean to disparage any of the nominated actresses, I know they are all excellent. I’ve only seen Park Shin Hye in Memories of the Alhambra and as much as I really like her, there is really no comparison between the two roles.  In my eyes SHS’s acting was by far more compelling, nuanced and penetrating.

How could such outstanding acting not be recognized by whoever makes these decisions?  What in the world could be their criteria for an acting nomination?  It makes me suspect that there is more back room politics and money involved in these nominations, than actual acting talent.  I’m sorry but I don’t know how else to explain this obviously terrible omission.  It makes no sense to me. 

• LOL 2

A comment from Youtube which I absolutely agree.

zj7kyZa.jpg

I really miss her, hope she's doing well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Really missing Hae Sun. She absolutely dislikes social media, no? lol 

Just one update, juseyo!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:10 AM, immorethant said:

A comment from Youtube which I absolutely agree.

zj7kyZa.jpg

I really miss her, hope she's doing well. 

I have seen this on instagram and LOLed. HIlarious!!! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

Really missing Hae Sun. She absolutely dislikes social media, no? lol 

Just one update, juseyo!!!!

Really miss her :pensive: and hope we get some good news. 

• Love 1

tumblr_pyoru0j1hk1valxs7o1_r1_500.gifShe's saying 'koll', which is how Koreans say 'call' - like "you're on" when you're betting with someone. But now, I wish she would just call.

Hola friends. It's been about 1 month since I even signed in to soompi. But if I had to pick a time to stay away perhaps this was the best time. Even now I won't be able to spend much time here, but thank you all for keeping the place warm.

As for her whereabouts, I think she's got a boyfriend and she's locked herself in a secret hideaway somewhere far away, maybe not even in the country, alone with him. That's what I think she's doing. I don't mind - all that abstinence while pretending to be red-blooded artist, singer or dancer isn't healthy for a woman like her who thinks she should have 3 children by now. :w00t:

Yes, we're all waiting for the next version of Shin Hye-Sun to emerge.... I think it'll be worth the wait. :phew:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I was thinking the same thing. You never hear much about her true personal life. I think some celebrities might have secret personal lives so their fans don't get jealous or judgemental. Just part of the game. She just turned 31 and it's prime time to start a family if she wants one. It's easy to imagine her falling in love because we've seen it happen so many times in her dramas. It would take about one second for any man on earth to fall in love with her.  I hope it's true. 

• Love 1

Shin Hye Sun’s career only took off in 2016 after Five Children though she debuted way back in 2013. But she can be very proud of all the dramas she was part of either as a .supporting cast  to being the lead character: Five Children; Stranger or Secret Forest; My Golden Life; 30 but 17;

Hymn of Death and Angel’s Last Mission: Love. That is a very good track record for somebody whose career actually started in 2016 rather than 2013. And the reason is: she is the real McCoy when it comes to real talent. All these dramas are excellent dramas when it comes to storyline, scriptwriting, directing and casting compared to other Korean stars’ dramas. 

• Like 2

You're right about her more substantial acting roles really only starting in 2016. I've recently started watching Legend of the Blue Sea (3 episodes in) and although I don't like her look in this drama, her acting, as little as it is, is excellent as usual. But I loved her look in Oh My Ghost, despite her being stuck in a wheelchair with very little character development. I  wasn't into kdramas until 2018 but I understand that LOTBS, was a hugely successful series and I think OMG was too (my second kdrama after Stranger).  I haven't seen She Was Pretty, but I saw one clip with her which was hilarious and perfectly performed.. This too, I believe, was a well recieved drama. Small role or larger role, she gives it her all. Her meteoric rise in the last 3 or 4 years is testament to her acting talent. She hasn't been in any drama that was considered poor or even mediocre. All dramas she has been in were successful. Coincidence? I don't think so.:)

• Like 1