9 hours ago, immorethant said:

Thank you @immorethant you da best of da bestest !

'Innocent' Shin Hye-Sun's fierce-face in the rain, inside crime story full of curiosity

'(the) Innocent' portends overpowering immersion

While 'Innocent' (‘결백’) is gathering anticipation as the well-made 'pursuit after proof of innocence' movie, on Jan 29th the very first two posters were released.

'Innocent' is about a rice-wine pestice murder incident that happened at daddy's funeral; mommy 'Hwa-Ja' (by Bae Jong-Ok) accused (cornered) as murder suspect while having lost her memory; a 'pursuit after proof of innocence' story of lawyer 'Jung-In' (by Shin Hye-Sun), in trying to reveal her (mom's) innocence has to uncover the sordid truth hidden behind 'Mayor Choo' (by Heo Joon-Ho) and the village folk.

The first poster immediately grabs our attention with a powerful sense of immersion. Against the backdrop of multitudes carrying placards, "pesticide murder heavy punishment", 'Hwa-Ja' being dragged to the police, 'Jung-In' with her toughned face standing in assist (of her mom), and the "fabricated evidence, shattered memory, will disappear unless uncovered (revealed)" taglines all testify to her steely resolve to prove her mom's innocence and adds to its tenseness.

Then, too, in the second poster, we can catch in Shin Hye-Sun's intense face in the downpour her resolute determination to reveal her mother's innocence no matter what.

The inscrutable expression of 'Hwa-Ja', having lost her memory and cornered as the murder suspect, and the sharp gaze of 'Mayor Choo', a victim but one standing at the center of the great power surrounding the village, seem to signal their tense conflict.

Here, "Everyone utters - that mom is the murderer" - this traumatic indictment is plenty sufficient to arouse endless curiosity about the mom become suspect in rice-wine pesticide murder incident and the inside story which envelopes her.

'Innocent', as the new project by the producers of 2017 movie 'New Trial' ('재심' based on true (Ik-San) Yak-Chon murder incident which carried a heavy message against irrational (unchecked) powers), is gathering anticipation. Add to this Shin Hye-Sun embarking on a novel challenge in her first (silver-)screen starring work and collaborations with Bae Jong-Ok and Heo Joon-Ho, top-acting veteran actors, a well-made pursuit story full of explosive acting synergy in every scene is promised.

Releases in March (photo - Sony Pictures Entertainment Korea, Kidari-Ent)

News N Park Ah-Reum reporting, copyrightⓒ NewsN

I'm going to update the Innocent movie page top too with the new poster pics.

• Love 4

Secret-Forest5.jpg

3306c367b2a7c17d48e15d18e00c3d19f64a0805

Do we believe in reincarnation ?

YES! In k-drama land, surely!

I heard Secret Forest remake is in motion with all the cast returning?

Ho hum. Let me tell you something friends.

This movie we are reading about, Innocent, isn't a consolation prize for the only one who's not able to come back to that remake - it is in fact better than even the best remake possible - for Young Eun-Soo, the poor child prosecutor, Young-Gum, who could not finish restoration of her wrongly accused father the judge's honor - here she does one better in a based on true story MOVIE (yessss!! :)) where Jung-In comes back to her hometown in triumph as the attorney to do some serious adjudikickass work to save her mom!

She's  Young-Gum 2.0 - edgier, meaner, more boney, more axe to grind than a dead virgin in a Korean ghost story - expect all the teeth-gnashing and snarling we missed from her 2017 epic - and maybe even some biting of the jugular (watch out Mayor Choo)!!

Oooh, this is something to Celebrate!

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Thank you so much @meechuttso for article translation.

I hope you will help translate for us here again when the trailer comes out , plesae :kiss_wink:

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Do we believe in reincarnation ?

This movie we are reading about, Innocent, isn't a consolation prize for the only one who's not able to come back to that remake - it is in fact better than even the best remake possible

Yes, I believe.  And I am so glad to see Eun-Soo reborn as Jung-In :love::heart:

(Please let me borrow @meechuttso poster image here with additional retouch to make a comparision :lol: )

K1XoF4c.jpg

Read many comments today talking about 'her eyes' , so powerful and intense in the poster. 

As I said earlier that her acting is pure art, no need to know the story or even listen to her voice, just look at the image already gives viewer emotional feeling.   And this is only a still photo,  imagine if we watch her on big screen, we must be blown away.  :glasses:

• Love 5

Let the year of Shin Hye Sun begin. Serious beginnings with Innocent, somewhat less serious (I think) with Collector and who knows for next drama series, I hope more fantasy. The producers of season 2 of Secret Forest must be kicking themselves for not having such super star power on their team this time. Thanks to everyone here for these updates.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Man-O-Man said:

The producers of season 2 of Secret Forest must be kicking themselves for not having such super star power on their team this time.

Make me think of Marvel & DC universe.   Here we have 'Secret Forest' vs 'Innocent' universe.  Eun-soo may not come back in 'Secret Forest' but there's still possibility that one day two universes will be merged together and Jung-In character will work with (or against) Hwang Shi Mok in a murder case.  LOL...just my dream :rolleyes::lol:

Want to play this meme too :D

6aTeAh8.jpg

Spoiler

mUDxhxp.jpg

BbZHzxD.jpg

T3ZvB1O.jpg

More of 'Innocent' still photos.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/01/30/2020013000555.html

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=131375

K7ALAhh.jpg

b6YXIlC.jpg

Director Park Sang Hyun mentioned Shin Hye Sun in the article.

신혜선 배우처럼 발음이 정확하면서 감정의 템포까지 조절하는 배우가 흔치 않다. 현장에서 눈물의 타이밍까지 조절하는 모습에 감탄을 금치 못했다

It's rare to find an actor like Shin Hye Sun, who has accurate pronunciation and ability to control tempo of emotion. At shooting set, I was amazed to see how she controlled the timing of tears.

• Love 6

Thank you @Ni Wen for sharing.

Trying to translate because similar to you I want to know what the IG said, sorry if it's not 100% accurate.

(From the IG photo)

당신은 결백하다 !  

You are innocent !

나 아니라고 했지 !?!

Didn't I say no !?!

살면서 한 번쯤 억울한 일 겪어본 적 있다면 ?

Have you ever experienced any unfairness (or suffered victimized) once in your life ?

프로 결백러 !  함께 하시겠습니까 ?

Would you like to join us ? Being a 'Professional Innocencer' ! ** (don't know better word to use, sorry for my English :P)

다양한 이벤트를 통한  프로 결백러들의 

속 시원한 사이다 활동을 기대함니다

Please look forward to cool 'cider' activity for bitter/grief 'Pro Innocencer' through various events.

(From IG message.)

누구나 살면서 한 번쯤 억울해봤다?

Anybody ever has experienced any unfairness once in your life ?

'프로결백러'의 자질이 충분한 당신♥ 무죄 입증 추적극 <결백>과 함께 하시겠습니까⁉️

(If you have), you have enough quality to be a 'Pro Innocencer'. 

Would you like to pursue for the proof of innocence with the movie 'Innocent' ?

p.s. love the IG photo. Probably because she is tall so she looks believably strong and so cool/charismatic dealing with that guy. :wub: 

p.s. 2 If this movie will not be shown in my country, I will consider this as ‘unfairness’.   And I will remember your name Kidari Ent and Sony Pictures :lol: LOL

• Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

OMG the trailer is breaking awesome :scream: I don't even have words to describe it. The wait for this film was deffo worth it .....OMG...need translation for this. What are koreans reaction to this and love the promos for this as well. Ok...officially freaking out at work ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, immorethant said:

p.s. 2 If this movie will not be shown in my country, I will consider this as ‘unfairness’.   And I will remember your name Kidari Ent and Sony Pictures :lol: LOL

Same!!! Kidari and Sony, you're gonna get it from me if this is not shown in my country!!

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

My thought after watching the trailer.

1.  SHS wearing glasses :wub::wub::wub: read many Korean twitters said she looks so young. :) (Olive Young smiles with the comments, now boH cream will get more and more customers). 

2. Angle Kim Dan, please save her from the car accident again.

3. Now I can forget Eun-Soo and leave her in peace.  

ny9utp1.jpg

• LOL 3

40 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Same!!! Kidari and Sony, you're gonna get it from me if this is not shown in my country!!

Guys...I seriously doubt this will be shown anywhere outside of Korea :bawling: unless it becomes a hit like Parasite?

Ps. Why is the trailer not trending on Naver??????

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

3 hours ago, iffy21 said:

Guys...I seriously doubt this will be shown anywhere outside of Korea :bawling: unless it becomes a hit like Parasite?

If we don't get to see this movie, there will be a mob like this.

xajIqSN.jpg

zc1VW1y.jpg

3 hours ago, iffy21 said:

Ps. Why is the trailer not trending on Naver??????

Perhaps it wasn't released on Naver TV yet ? I check the CGV facebook and there are lots of viewers and comments :blush:

Repost trailer Youtube link ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo-OQvkrsxQ

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I love seeing her face so much in all its expressive forms but her serious and furious face absolutely kills me. The few seconds of her in this trailer should already win her an award. It gave me shivers. Such a powerful actress. I'm so glad she chose a role like this for her first movie lead. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

'Innocent' trailer with Eng Sub.

(sorry if there's any incorrect translation, :sweatingbullets: I will try to study Korean harder next time - too embarrassed to post on IG).

Spoiler

(Updated)  Better Eng translate version.

Edited by immorethant
  • Love 3

30 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Yes, she reached search trending of #6 and #7 at some points of time (under 'Entertainment and Sports' category).  :blush:

Source: DC Inside and @kuenji2010 IG

9VHnSnK.jpg

78jasb9.gif

credit @OAO3017 twitter

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Yes, she reached search trending of #6 and #7 at some points of time (under 'Entertainment and Sports' category).  :blush:

Source: DC Inside and @kuenji2010 IG

9VHnSnK.jpg

Thanks @immorethant I want to see her covered by all SK media praising her ....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

결백을 주장하지만 매번 억울했던 당신을 위해!

Claiming that you're innocent, but it's you who receives unfairness everytime !

(SHS said) 이 억울함을 꼭 알리고 말거야!!!

I'm surely going to tell about this unfairness !!!

(From IG messsage)

누구나 억울한 사연을 묻고 살아간다..

Everybody lives their life with buried story of unfairness.

1st EVENT - '#프로결백러 출동!'  

말 한 마디 못한 채 지나간 억울한 사연을 댓글로 시원하게 남겨주세요!(~2/6)

1st Event 'Pro Innocencer' started ! 

Please leave comment about your story of unfairness that you've been through without able to say a word (until Feb 6th).

속이 먹먹해져오는 억울한 사연 BEST 1명을 뽑아 '삼우실(@3woosil)’작가님의 컷툰으로 재탄생될 예정이니, 많은 참여 바랍니다!

One winner with the saddest unfair story will be selected to be illustrated by the cut toon (another type of web toon which is formatted for mobile viewing) writer '@3woosil'  (IG account).  Please participate a lot !. 

댓글을 남겨주신 분들 중 추첨을 통해 <#결백> 전용 예매권을 드립니다,(1인 2매, 총 10명)

There will be sweepstakes for everyone who leave comment, exclusive advance ticket for movie 'Innocent'  (2 tickets for person, 10 persons in total).

당첨자는 2/7(금) 개별 메시지를 통해 발표됩니다.

Winners will be announced/received message individually on Feb 7th.

I'm so envious, I want to have the ticket too :bawling:

My story of unfairness is that I'm not in South Korea and I will never win the ticket of 'Innocent'  :bawling::bawling::bawling:

From @sunnyj806 IG

FZldEK9.jpg

My déjà vu :blush::heart:

FUWQgBt.jpg

P.S.  Is this the mayor, right ?

He's also one of those who drank insecticide cocktail. 

7os7mu1.jpg

• Love 4