Quantcast

44 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

@meechuttso I was wondering about this since the video came out ... when she said “In Korean?” What other language was she expected to speak? :ph34r::lol:

As if she would speak in Chinese or another language other than Korean right :joy:

She's so cute!

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

As if she would speak in Chinese or another language other than Korean right :joy:

She's so cute!

She is my cutie pie! 

I was hoping maybe she worked on her English and wanted to show off! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Do we have video photoshoot links of these?! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ve been watching episodes of 5 Enough over the last several weeks. It’s a long 54-episode ride but I want to see as many of Shin Hye Sun’s performances as I can. But another female character in this show caught my attention – Im Soo Hyang in the role of Jang Jin Joo.  I love her character in this drama and she’s very beautiful.  So, I thought I’d see what she’s been up to lately and I found a 2018 drama called My ID is Gangnam Beauty in which she plays the main role. The reason I’m bringing it up here is because at about the 1:50 point in the first episode people are walking past giant pictures of beautiful women’s faces in a subway and one of them looks to me like it's an image of Shin Hye Sun. This drama seems to be about what it means to be physically beautiful in Korea and the extent women will go to attain beauty ie: plastic surgery. While people are walking past this giant picture, the voice over is talking about being satisfied with an average face while viewers are looking at the beautiful face of who I think is SHS. I could be wrong but if I’m right this is just an interesting piece of trivia for your entertainment pleasure.

I don't know how to upload screen shots so if you feel like it check it out.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Man-O-Man said:

I’ve been watching episodes of 5 Enough over the last several weeks. It’s a long 54-episode ride but I want to see as many of Shin Hye Sun’s performances as I can. But another female character in this show caught my attention – Im Soo Hyang in the role of Jang Jin Joo.  I love her character in this drama and she’s very beautiful.  So, I thought I’d see what she’s been up to lately and I found a 2018 drama called My ID is Gangnam Beauty in which she plays the main role. The reason I’m bringing it up here is because at about the 1:50 point in the first episode people are walking past giant pictures of beautiful women’s faces in a subway and one of them looks to me like it's an image of Shin Hye Sun. This drama seems to be about what it means to be physically beautiful in Korea and the extent women will go to attain beauty ie: plastic surgery. While people are walking past this giant picture, the voice over is talking about being satisfied with an average face while viewers are looking at the beautiful face of who I think is SHS. I could be wrong but if I’m right this is just an interesting piece of trivia for your entertainment pleasure.

I don't know how to upload screen shots so if you feel like it check it out.

Really? I need to check that out! *Runs off to check*

• LOL 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, mylovekge said:

ISH and SHS supporter here, @Man-O-Man :heart:

Which episode is this you're talking about? I didn't notice this in MIIGB. 

Sorry I was off the grid for a bit. I'm referring to the first 2 minutes of the first episode. Starts at about 1 minute 45 seconds. The picture with the blue background. I watched the whole episode and I think it will be an interesting series. Hope you find it.

12 hours ago, Man-O-Man said:

Sorry I was off the grid for a bit. I'm referring to the first 2 minutes of the first episode. Starts at about 1 minute 45 seconds. The picture with the blue background. I watched the whole episode and I think it will be an interesting series. Hope you find it.

That's not Hyesun right :lol:

I've been so busy but there're many things that should be archived here, so this is my Shin Hye Sun's weekly wrap-up.

(P.S. For anyone who PM me, please expect delay response, sorry :tears:

From Kocowa's IG.

Also SHS in red.  :love:

(credit @shs89831 IG)

ak2OG3J.jpg

Kim Bo Mi's interview mentioned Shin Hye Sun

(credit : @shinhsarchive twitter)

Spoiler

From Sunnyj806  IG story on 2019.07.21

Spoiler

t79xOBa.jpg

Collection of Shin Hye Sun's wrap up party dresses.

Spoiler

Fan Art

Spoiler

wz4ZaJX.jpg

t521Vmv.jpg

vNHfg0R.jpg

credit IG

@daniard3011

@elviarahardjo

@kineishikesh

Old videos that I just found HD 1080p version.

Spoiler

For 30but17's lovers.

Spoiler

1l5mQc5.jpg

Young Seo-ri and Woo-jin meet each other again in upcoming SBS mini drama 'Condition of 17 year old' (verbatim translation).  4x 30min episodes, broadcast on August 5&6.

From @secretsforests twitter

HLoIaSV.jpgCZlpNC3.jpg

Mike Wajoski mentioned Shin Hye Sun.

(I wish I could find time to translate this someday)

Spoiler

See you next time !  :joy:

0NuyHTp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

So, I finally gave in to getting the Shin Hae Sun bag lmao (well not just me, but perhaps the other girls can share their photos too).

I got 2 bags for the price of 1, cause it was on sale. I must say, definitely worth it! SHS really did good by designing a very functional bag and the quality is superb. Totally using this to work tomorrow! :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Oh wow, someone else also bought the bag from Hae Sun :wub::wub: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

http://www.newsinside.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=929477#_apl

The performance time is one hour and ten minutes, and it is performed on Tuesdays to Fridays (11:00 and 14:00) and Saturday to Sunday (11:00, 14:00 and 16:30), and the viewing age is more than 24 months.

The production company is Culture Sensitive Arts Co., Ltd.

The casts are Shin Hye Sun, Kim Young Joo, Jeong Eun Bin, Woo Sirra, Shin Woo Suk, Moon Yu Ran, and Oh Taehu.

@immorethant @meechuttso what's this? is this auto translation accurate?

• Love 2

I can now add "5 Enough" to the K-drama series I’ve watched.  It was totally worth the 54 episodes, not just because I got to see the amazing Shin Hye Sun but because the drama was everything I hoped and expected a K-drama rom-com to be.  This show had me laughing out loud, holding back tears and shaking my head in astonishment at times.  The actors were great, and the screenwriter skillfully tied several different tales into a coherent and touching storyline.  My thirst for the upbeat quirkiness of Korean drama has been quenched once again.  I had a lot of fun enjoying this drama and my eyes opened a little more with each episode.

I couldn’t help wishing that SHS had been cast in the role of Jang Jin Joo, which was played extremely well by Im Soo Hyang.  It was a meatier role and I thought SHS would have been right in her emotional element in it.  I know that’s unfair to Im Soo Hyang (who I love) but what do you expect from a shameless Shin Hye Sun addict. 

Without getting too sociological I have to say that after watching this and other Korean dramas with similar themes, it’s clear that parental authoritarianism is deeply embedded in the Korean psyche.  Respect for elders is usually a good thing but the unyielding demand for adherence and obedience is the opposite of respect.  The stigma and disdain for single parents, divorced people, second marriages, blended families and other personal relationships seems un-evolved.  But it makes for great storylines and it’s one of the dynamics that keeps me and millions of others hooked on K-dramas.

I want to see Shin Hye Sun in Legend of the Blue Sea but I know her screen time is limited so my time investment has to be considered.  I'd be all over it if her role was bigger.  Maybe I'll just scan through it until I find her parts.  In the meantime I hope to soon hear more about her two new movies and any other projects she's got up her sleeve.  Cheers!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Yes, the auto translation is correct.  It said Shin Hye Sun.  But probably another person who can sing in the musical . :P

(Edited - For ‘ 30but17’ anniversary )

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, immorethant said:

But probably another person who can sing in the musical . :P

Yes another person with the same name.

tumblr_puprcwb0kC1valxs7o4_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_puprcwb0kC1valxs7o5_r1_1280.gif

They're celebrating 1 year anniversary of Woo Seo-Ri over at DCinside, so I stole some to celebrate here too. :P Happy summer to all my friends here!

• Love 3

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

But probably another person who can sing in the musical . :P

Sorry for my stupidity :joy::sweat_smile:

Too starved of her news perhaps :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It’s so quiet these days. I wonder what she is up to.

No post interviews, no fans sight seeing, she has disappeared in thin air. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Shin Hye Sun was nominated for best actress from 'Hymn of Death' for Seoul Drama Awards 2019.

(I think she's only Korean actress to be nominated in this category to compete with other international actresses. And there's only 1 award for 'Best Actress'. It wasn't separated into TV-movie, long-drama, short-drama actress**,  so it means, she was nominated from her acting in only 3 hour-episodes drama.   I'm so proud of her :kiss_wink:)  

** Award categories --> http://www.seouldrama.org/EN/entry/AwardsAbout.aspx

https://www.soompi.com/article/1341079wpp/jo-bo-ah-and-jun-hyun-moo-to-host-seoul-drama-awards-2019-kim-nam-gil-jang-nara-and-more-to-attend

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003446527

For Korean dramas MBC’s “Special Labor Inspector Mr. Jo” and KBS’s “to. Jenny” were listed as nominees. Kim Dong Wook, the star who led “Special Labor Inspector Mr. Jo,” has been nominated for best actor, while Shin Hye Sun, who stunned in SBS’s “Death Song,” has been nominated for best actress. Another notable nomination is “The Golden Eyes,” a Chinese drama that follows the main character who has superpowers as he goes through love, hatred, and betrayal, and the series stars EXO’s Lay.

The Seoul Drama Awards 2019 will be held on August 28 at 6 p.m. KST. The awards show will be streamed live on SBS Mobile 24’s YouTube channel, and will then air on SBS on August 29.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20190725000626

‘Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo,’ ‘To Jenny’ nominated for 2019 Seoul International Drama Awards

Meanwhile, Shin Hye-seon was on the list of nominees for best actress for her role in “The Hymn of Death. Alicia von Rittberg, who starred in German drama “Bauhaus,” and Florence Pugh, the leading actress in “The Little Drummer Girl,” were also among the seven nominees in the category. 

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2019/07/25/2019072502061.html

http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1146226

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=201907251637003&sec_id=540101

Kim Dong-wook X Shin Hye Sun, 14th Seoul Drama Awards Actress Award nomination

l_2019072502001273300250612.jpg

1564033971353405.jpg

dyZS6KY.jpg

http://m.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=201907251448423406753_1#_enliple

This article even used the word  ' Shin Hye Sun and Kim Dong Wook have good result (performance) and will they be able to save the pride of Korean's drama ? '   

Wow....she now becomes Korean's national representative.  Fighting Shin Hye Sun !!  :blush::love:

From today's  https://www.ranker.com/list/best-korean-dramas-2019/ranker-tv

DAolJ3d.jpg

• Love 5
  • Thanks 1

ux2rbX6.jpg

ikw9ipZ.jpg

Incheon Film Commission sent coffee truck to support ALML drama.

From @soave_cafe   IG

Fan Art (credit to owner).

• Like 2
  • Love 3