Quantcast

ALML is one of the most intense love stories ever and Shin Hye Sun is beyond superb.  Nothing else matters.  Differences of opinion are ultimately trivial. The production speaks for itself.  EVERYONE here loves Shin Hye Sun.  As this production comes to an end the celebration of Shin Hye Sun begins.  She deserves every acting award in the world and all the praise that can possibly be uttered. Bravo!  Bravo!  Bravo!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elle lee said:

Is this our girl? I can see 연서 but because her clothes not match at time arrival. :D

Yes. Myung soo also change his clothes

• Love 3

Yikes. I thought I was mediating a misunderstanding, but it seems there may be additional misunderstandings.

I am actually very confused by these reactions.

It feels like I am the "sweet potato" this time - the person that doesn't understand the others in the conversation.

@Ni Wen

@iffy21 

What is wrong with enjoying/commenting on product placements? I've watched television programming from many different countries, and find the PPL in SK unique and interesting. It's very interesting to see how different writers/productions handle PPL- some might saturate the background with PPL (WWW), some work it into the plot (Waikiki 2), some do it quite overtly (Touch Your Heart), some do it in really interesting ways (Alhambra), and some have it absolutely everywhere (Terius). 

Unfortunately, most of SHS' previous productions didn't seem to involve her much in PPL (except for wardrobe PPL).

It was fun to see SHS involved in some overt PPL, like the vacuuming and jenga scenes. 

Even today, the other thread has some positive comments from posters who also enjoyed the jenga and jail cell PPLs.

What is wrong with commenting on secondary characters?

In 3017, there was an eccentric housekeeper with an interesting backstory.

In ALML, there was an eccentric former ballet teacher with ???

In a fantasy drama, the possibilities for Miss Elena's backstory were endless.

The drama also had two characters with severe illnesses, Ru-Na and Ni-Na. There was room for examinations of their motivations, character development, social commentary, etc.

Even to the end of the drama, I hoped for more development of these three characters, or at least some thoughts from other posters about these characters, but they were just (mostly) missed opportunities.

(The scene where Ni-Na turns Ru-Na in to the police could have been heart-breaking and gut-wrenching... but the foundation for that scene was not satisfactorily built.)

Stranger, 3017, ALML

Ronaldo, Messi, Pogba

A,B,C

Pogba might be the "worst" soccer player on that list of three, but that isn't necessarily a criticism of Pogba.

He is only the "worst", when compared to those two, specific players.

ALML is a production, made up of many different elements.

SHS is an actress, who was one of the many different elements involved in the production.

It is possible to criticize elements of the production that SHS had no involvement in, without those comments being critical of SHS in any way.

I will close this post be explicitly re-stating my opinions, which were misinterpreted despite being stated explicity previously:

ALML was the best possible choice, of the projects available to SHS for Spring/Summer 2019.

SHS' individual performance in ALML was among the best of her career, and deserving of end-of-the-year awards.

@jakey09 I dont read posts by certain somebody in question because they are most often long and condescending. Even I don't think ALML is flawless, there are things that work and things that dont work. But this is by no means SHS's worst project. Infact none of her works so far can be termed 'Worst' upon careful consideration. They may not be perfect, some of them dont give her enough time to shine but each one is a stepping stone and is a testament to her dedication and hard work. It was only 4 dramas ago that she was getting shredded to pieces for having a role that was not traditional second female lead, had more chemistry with the lead and was getting all the accolades. That was Secret Forest. I remember being among a handful of people defending her during Secret Forest in Dramabeans comment section. Now when I go and find people praising her there, saying things like 'She is the sole reason they are watching this or that', it gives me immense joy. Lets not focus on negativity. This is a place to discuss her with respect, speak about her with admiration that she has earned, we shall do that. Criticism of her project is valid but disrespect for her is unwelcome. I agree

@kokkuri33 SHS's other project did not have much product placement as she has gained popularity and endorsements fairly recently, I also noticed her wardrobe got an upgrade to famous designer like Zara, Fendi, Bulgari ...in ALML, love it. Her Tory Birch dress, I will buy it if I get that money someday. As for commentary on secondary characters, there is a seperate thread for that where you can do that as much as you like. Its kinda out of place here. 

• Love 3

Also this thread is dedicated to Shin Hae Sun...sharing stories, her success, her projects, roles etc. with respect. Not a place where you bash her indirectly, her costars and her projects because you for some reason can't or won't do it in the right place for that. Criticism is valid as long as done with respect, bashing is not. That is a general rule forum wide, not just here. Constructive criticism people , not disrespectful bashing. 

• Love 5

For people’s information, if Hae Sun fans argue/fight with each other it only shows their honesty and sincerity towards Hae Sun and fact they wouldn’t want to take richard simmons from anyone.

Nobody knows each other well enough to take it personally. It’s all for Hae Sun.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

@kokkuri33 SHS's other project did not have much product placement as she has gained popularity and endorsements fairly recently, I also noticed her wardrobe got an upgrade to famous designer like Zara, Fendi, Bulgari ...in ALML, love it. Her Tory Birch dress, I will buy it if I get that money someday.

giphy.gif Yes @Nymeria289 Thank you!

I love that she's able to show much more assertive side of herself in stories and in RL. I just loved this scene to death, ... urm I mean I love it, just love it, no death and all that heavy stuff. :phew: What is clear to me is that if you found her sexy before, then SHS-in-motion has taken that sexiness to a whole different level. Her new stature (walks straight upright without slouching, chest out and chin up a bit more, her gait less timid making her look downright statuesque in many scenes, etc) and confidence of a real dancer is refreshing and this 'training' she received for ALM:L will continue to carry her far, starting from a stronger physical foundations (like core strength) to which she can continue to add many layers of physical and visual acting that she already owns.

Thanks everyone for trying to clarify if there seem to be misunderstandings, and I am happy that although we are all so different from all corners of the earth, we can together continue to make celebrations upon celebrations for what Shin Hye-Sun has accomplished. :glasses:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just SHS portion of the wrap up party entrance. Well done, oori Babe, Hye-Sun-ssi

33922046a487c513cb8e0cd49333549c.jpg:tounge_xd:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Hi everyone! I watched Still 17 a bit but really gotten into Haesun when ALML aired so I guess I'll be lurking this thread now for any upcoming Haesun news and can't wait for her movie coming out with maybe a more "fierce" role? :wub:

Fighting to Haesun for her upcoming dramas and movies! 

• Like 2

EDIT because I try to calm things and i was so wrong! 

Instead, since censorship was already decided, i  should have spoken my mind freely and explain how badly i think of everyone in his thread.

But i will do it certainly. 

• Like 2

@titania1000

I am equally thankful to everyone who supported the project, financially or morally. So thank you. 

And since you brought this up, just to answer your question, the plan went on as promised. All the gifts were brought to the party early and was set up nicely. We haven't posted photos yet cause you know yesterday was a busy day for fans watching out for updates. We will do so when everything has settled down and will be sure to share them here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think you still are, the Greatest in Korea, in Asia, the Earth, to the Moon and back, the entire Solar System, the lovely Milky Way and this beautiful Universe... and Beyond!

Thank you 신혜선씨 - We :heart: You SO MUCH!

• Love 5

@meechuttso I don't know why but I just broke into tears after reading your post :dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

I hope she knows how much we appreciate and love her, flaws and all. :heart:

• Love 5

24 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Instagram update!! 576K since last epB)

https://instagram.com/shinhs831?igshid=9visgw93firp

Thank you @iffy21

Epic.

giphy.gif Her goodbye as Yeon-Seo

YNK says:

Ding Dong - for the many viewers who have loved and supported <ALM:L> to the end, Yeon-Seo's parting thoughts video message has arrived.

Our actress Hye-Sun who has run the race without rest for the One and Only Lee Yeon-Seo (role)!!

Dan-Yeon have persevered/endured so much - enough for us to want to raise a million thumbs up!

Just as for Yeon-Seo, at the end after many trials, has met her happy ending,

For our actress Hye-Sun, too, we wish/hope her life would always be full of happy things.

Truly sorry to let you go, but this time for real,

Good-bye, Lee Yeon-Seo!

• Love 5

18 hours ago, titania1000 said:

However i think the reproach who come from old fans  who used to share my DM often to talk about her is a very low move: there was time (during MGL) where fair criticism wasn't pointed as hate.

I hear that you're talking about me.

18 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Its not the criticism, its the words

Wow Titania chingu, you are saying "A low move"?

I quote Nymeria. That's the problem with you. You may not have realised, it is your words. Words can kill. 

I hated MGL because of the scandalous ML but never did I once say anything about HS. I remembered saying about how I hated MGL and how I wanted badly for that drama to end then BUT i also acknowledged that it was the drama that brought her to lead actress status and that was the only good thing for her out of that drama. You are like a long time friend in Soompi to me and though we had differing views on ALML i have tried my utmost to not rebuke with you head to head. But you didn't want to leave a leeway for a fella HS fan cum old Soompi friend. You went far with your words to say I'm insulting you and your new friends to which I chose not to argue further because I know what consequences will result if I reiterated. It will be never ending. I had many times stressed to you in ALML thread my views are based on the drama and not pinpointing anyone. I have no interest to continue this debacle here. If you do not already know, some people are watching us on another thread literally with popcorn to see how "fans of ALML lead actress are fighting among themselves". 

I hope this ends and move on. Let's love each other more and not fight please. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, almldan said:

Hi everyone! I watched Still 17 a bit but really gotten into Haesun when ALML aired so I guess I'll be lurking this thread now for any upcoming Haesun news and can't wait for her movie coming out with maybe a more "fierce" role? :wub:

Fighting to Haesun for her upcoming dramas and movies! 

Yeah, I was hoping something action & fierce role..a very badas* character (I saw movie "Anna" in the cinema, about russian spy and I thought hmm maybe SHS should try this kinda role) :glasses:

Or try something new like being a Cook, maybe? :lol: does she love food right? Lol just my imagination :rolleyes:

• Love 3

32 minutes ago, ayupkurnia said:

Yeah, I was hoping something action & fierce role..a very badas* character (I saw movie "Anna" in the cinema, about russian spy and I thought hmm maybe SHS should try this kinda role) :glasses:

Or try something new like being a Cook, maybe? :lol: does she love food right? Lol just my imagination :rolleyes:

She does badass best! I want to watch her as a badass detective or a doctor! :lol:

• Love 4