On 11/20/2019 at 7:38 PM, Ni Wen said:

I would think the Daesang is not just about acting, but also comprises of other factors such as popularity, seniority, ratings, reception and the buzz generated during the drama's broadcast.

I've not watched When the Camelia blooms, and thus am even so unable to comment without bias. Totally agree with you on the more demanding role of Lee Yeon Seo which other than the emotional and crying scenes that both roles requires, there's also an added demand of ballet training/expressional facial acting during ballet; and many other layers to Yeonseo's role, plus doubling up as Seolhee as well. I may be biased but Hyesun's acting is on par with KHJ if not better.  But based on those other factors, sadly the Daesang will not be within Hyesun's reach yet. I have to agree hands down that Hyesun's performance as Lee Yeon Seo was much more superior.

Taking this below tweet as an example, I do not have the same dilemma as her. :P

Just by watching this two clips....

One tore my heart to pieces seeing her bawled her eyes out (that scene was just too real) while the other did not (maybe because I didn't watch the whole show). Not gonna compare. Both are outstanding actresses but I have only one clear choice. :D *Personal views* 

I can’t imagine how people can even compare Shin Hye Sun’s acting with Gong Hyo Jin!!! Shin Hye Sun is a rarity in South Korea because she is a real actress and an incredible talent. She transforms herself into the character and becomes that character and that is the hallmark of a true actress!!  When she delivers her dialogues, each word is uttered with a purpose, to tell us how that character is feeling and even without uttering a word the audience understands the wealth of emotions she is trying to convey through her eyes. I don’t really care if she doesn’t get the daesang award because she won a thousand times in my opinion and in my heart!!! Acting talent is what differentiates a star from an actress and there aren’t too many South Korean stars who can call themselves actresses!!

I will post until there's nothing to post ... :joy:  

Because I've been waited so many months to see her.

Spoiler

My friend from IG has a Korean friend and that friend of her said in the video they talked about wrinkle and SHS said that she has this problem and the audience said noooo , so SHS was shy again. :joy:

And I agreed with the audience that I don't see that she has any wrinkle. 

(Thank you so much my friend for info. :wub: )

mlw1tjx.jpg

(More at https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=shinhyesun&no=9148

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=shinhyesun&no=9149

Another signature pose of her.

(More at https://m.weibo.cn/status/4444323728386561?

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4444316254684294? )

yuZhoRX.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

From Baidu_shinhaesun_bar  (many thanks) :love::kiss_wink:

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiJyr8jaf?fid=1034:4444650124057441

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiEHKxcDp?fid=1034:4444463603336735

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiB8m3lDJ?fid=1034:4444326403493855

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiBVo7fag?fid=1034:4444356707352279

In the 2nd clip SHS said she will film her new (3rd) film next year and for the drama she's reviewing offered scripts.

I think we will get the official news soon after the casting process was finished.

Spoiler

9YDnsuw.pngnukAerP.png

(my stupid rambling - you can skip reading )

Sometimes (like today) I feel so tired. Previously I was just a normal audience who watched drama :rolleyes:, but now everyday I have to check Soompi, Naver, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, DC Inside, Cafe Daum, Weibo, Youtube, theqoo, webtoon, secret links, secret tags and also have to study English, Korean (probably I have to study Chinese, or other languages too) , also have to study photo retouching and video editing, subtitle making, (illegal) video downloading, watching drama via vpn.  I'm thinking should I apply for a job at YNK ?  :D

I don't understand myself either why I'm doing this....:sweatingbullets:  I'm not sure how long I can keep doing this , but I'm not sure either that I won't miss SHS if I stop doing this.   Really want to ask the solution from the persons who were cured of this addiction and can go back to be a regular audience.    Probably I shoud hire a secretary or ask someone to create application that will do the data gathering and feed me SHS info everyday from every sources,  that would be great B) 

If you managed to find this forum, and patiently read my rambling until this line, please know that you also have high possibility to become like me.  I used to be the one who lurking here reading silently too. Please stop or leave when you still can, this is my warning. -_-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

From Baidu_shinhaesun_bar  (many thanks) :love::kiss_wink:

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiJyr8jaf?fid=1034:4444650124057441

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiEHKxcDp?fid=1034:4444463603336735

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiB8m3lDJ?fid=1034:4444326403493855

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IiBVo7fag?fid=1034:4444356707352279

In the 2nd clip SHS said she will film her new (3rd) film next year and for the drama she's reviewing offered scripts.

I think we will get the official news soon after the casting process was finished.

Reveal hidden contents

9YDnsuw.pngnukAerP.png

(my stupid rambling - you can skip reading )

Sometimes (like today) I feel so tired. Previously I was just a normal audience who watched drama :rolleyes:, but now everyday I have to check Soompi, Naver, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, DC Inside, Cafe Daum, Weibo, Youtube, theqoo, webtoon, secret links, secret tags and also have to study English, Korean (probably I have to study Chinese, or other languages too) .  I'm thinking should I apply for a job at YNK ?  :D

I don't understand myself either why I'm doing this....:sweatingbullets:  I'm not sure how long I can keep doing this , but I'm not sure either that I won't miss SHS if I stop doing this.   Really want to ask the solution from the persons who were cured of this addiction and can go back to be a regular audience.    Probably I shoud hire a secretary or ask someone to create application that will do the data gathering and feed me SHS info everyday from every sources,  that would be great B) 

I'm so glad you do what you do on Soompi forum for Shin Hye Sun.  Your devotion to her is very welcome to me in a remote unilingual locale. I feel guilty that all I do is comment on what you and others discover and post. Thank you again.  If I understand correctly, in 2020 we will see at least 2 SHS films, with possibly a 3rd in the works, and a new drama series. I'm excited. You've made my day. :D 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, immorethant said:

Actually she did not say it's a film. She only mentioned she has a new work that she can't reveal too much details yet and that it will begin filming next year. As for dramas, she's still in the process of looking through and choosing. 

6 hours ago, immorethant said:

Sometimes (like today) I feel so tired. Previously I was just a normal audience who watched drama :rolleyes:, but now everyday I have to check Soompi, Naver, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, DC Inside, Cafe Daum, Weibo, Youtube, theqoo, webtoon, secret links, secret tags and also have to study English, Korean (probably I have to study Chinese, or other languages too) , also have to study photo retouching and video editing, subtitle making, (illegal) video downloading, watching drama via vpn.  I'm thinking should I apply for a job at YNK ?  :D

Hello good friend... high five! We are in the same boat.:lol: First thing I do every morning is to check naver, soompi news, IG, weibo, twitter then scroll thru ShinHyeSun/ShinHaeSun/신혜선/결백/컬렉터 hashtags for any new news. 

I'm not sure how to advise you either because I've not been cured at all!:sweat_smile:

I guess we'll have to continue being crazy lol.:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Thank you @Ni Wen @Man-O-Man

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Actually she did not say it's a film. She only mentioned she has a new work that she can't reveal too much details yet and that it will begin filming next year. As for dramas, she's still in the process of looking through and choosing. 

What she said is 

"준비 중인 작품있고요 내후년 내년에는 촬영 들어 갈거고 드라마 같은 경우에도 열심히 검토하고 있어요 곧 찾아뵙겠습니다"

'My work is under preparation, next year there will be shooting/filming (촬영 들어) , and for drama it's the same scearnio, now I'm working hard reviewing ,  hope to see you soon'

(Reference --> https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=shinhyesun&no=9161)

She did not excatly say the word 'movie' , she said next year there will be 촬영 (Choal-yeong) which have a meaning of shooting film/drama.  And the next sentence she used the word 'and' and then mentioned of drama considering.  So they are 2 things. Not sure if she means movie or it will be just CF shooting.   But in DC Inside they already interpreted and discussed using the word 영화 (yeong-hwa) which means 'movie'.

So...let's wait for official news, I think it will come out soon. 

Hymn of Death BGM , wow...this was not even included in the blu-ray version.  

I think I reached the point that I really fear of myself. Everyday I wake up with 2 things in my mind.  One thing is 'Is there any news of SHS today?'  , another thing is 'Should I stop doing this ?'   I feel like that more I do , the more I need to do.  And where it's gonna end ?  

:tears:    I think I need a rehab.  Or I just have to get married and have 2 children.

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Thank you @Ni Wen @Man-O-Man

From my poor knowledge what I got is that she said next year there will be 촬영 (Choal-yeong) which have a meaning of shooting film/drama.  And the next sentence she mentioned of drama considering.  So it's 2 things. 

She did not excatly say the word movie but in DC Inside they already discussed using the word 영화 (yeong-hwa) which means 'movie'.

I think I reached the point that I really fear of myself. Everyday I wake up with 2 things in my mind.  One thing is 'Is there any news of SHS today?'  , another thing is 'Should I stop doing this ?'   I feel like that more I do , the more I need to do.  And where it's gonna end ?  

:tears:    I think I need a rehab.  

Please do not stop doing this. Please only have the first thing on your mind every day and forget the second thing.   You, NiWen and others are so precious and kind to keep people informed about a phenomenal actress and human being. Your research and translations are exemplary and very appreciated -  especially in the relativley dry spell of late. You guys are on the right side of Korean acting history. I think 2020 will be the year of Shin Hye Sun and she will explode in popularity. Maybe your devotion is a form of rehab in itself. Life is just better with more Shin Hye Sun in it. 

• Like 2

So ... Is this a hospital ward ? Looks like we all are patients with the same incurable illness. :D  We need a ‘Good doctor’ here (not ‘Doctor prisoner’ or ‘The fiery priest’ :sweatingbullets: )

My wish today isYNK will post photos or video of Saturday’s event. :rolleyes:

It’s time to take my medicine, see you later my fellow patients!! :wub:

Hymn of Death’s PD shared this photo as 1st year anniversary of this drama (and  also shared BGM).  

From jewelzane IG

eqSr3u3.jpg

Edited by immorethant
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, immorethant said:

She did not excatly say the word 'movie' , she said next year there will be 촬영 (Choal-yeong) which have a meaning of shooting film/drama.  And the next sentence she used the word 'and' and then mentioned of drama considering.  So they are 2 things. Not sure if she means movie or it will be just CF shooting.   But in DC Inside they already interpreted and discussed using the word 영화 (yeong-hwa) which means 'movie'.

Exactly! I did not hear her saying yeong hwa that's why I thought she didn't say the word film. :lol: I interpreted this from baidu's subs so I may be wrong. Thanks for correcting me! Anyway it just means she's got a new project and that's the most important and best news for us! Hurray! I just hope to hear her accept a new drama soon. Miss her badly on my tv screens.

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

So ... Is this a hospital ward ? Looks like we all are patients with the same incurable illness

May her next role be a doctor and cure us all here of that incurable addiction :joy:

2 hours ago, iffy21 said:

Let's all continue to be crazy together.

Yes let's do. Afterall we are already incurable lol!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

When Shin Hye Sun debuted 7 years ago, she would have had no idea that the birth of her acting career would change the life of a unilingual English Caucasian man in the middle of Canada in 2018.  Because her acting and beauty impressed me so much in the first Korean drama I ever saw, Secret Forest, I followed her other dramas and discovered  K-dramas in general. This lead to a growing interest in Korean culture, history and current affairs that I can only describe as enriching. I now read english Korean news sites daily and at least 80% of the shows I watch are Korean.  I've also read three books about Korea and my fascination with this amazing country only intensifies. I feel like I have grown, but I know I'm a little different than most people around me. I know zero other people who have ever watched a Korean drama except for one zombie lover who watched Kingdom. My friends and family hear me talk about Korea so often that I have to step back before their eyes roll out of their heads. Here he goes again!  I'm sure they think I need therapy but I keep telling them not to worry, they'll catch up to me some day.  I can't even imagine not having come across Shin Hye Sun and I'm thrilled to celebrate her debut anniversary. It should be a national holiday - no - an international holiday. Peace to all.

• Like 1