Isn't the Seoul International Drama Awards, with Shin Hye Sun nominated for best actress for Hymn of Death, tonight in Korea? I'm surprised I'm not hearing more about this. What a great birthday present it would be for her to win. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a huge fan of Shin Hye Sun, whose acting abilities, I believe, are second to none, I’m a little saddened to learn that she did not win the best actress category she was nominated in for the 2019 Seoul Drama Awards for Hymn of Death. I have not seen Alicia von Rittberg in Bauhaus, the only other nominee, and winner, but she must be at the top of her game and is to be congratulated.  It can’t be easy competing with an acting goddess like Shin Hye Sun. I’m not sure how nominees are selected for this award but to be one of two finalists is itself a pinnacle of achievement. There are many excellent actresses in this world, and I love them all, but there is only one Shin Hye Sun who will always be a winner in my eyes and in my heart.

• LOL 1

Wow "SHS Intl" fans so very devoted. @mylovekge thank you!

LoL. Thanks @immorethant - found another from the same wooseori820

Love it. Thanks @jakey09

Happpy 30th birthday to our shy quiet acting genius, 신혜선-ssi.  We love you!!

On 8/28/2019 at 7:23 PM, Ni Wen said:

Where's everyone?:sweat_smile:

Having a very very very long stressful summer. I can't wait for fall. Hi @Ni Wen chingoo :)

• Like 1
  • Love 6

:love::kiss_wink::heart:

Translation:

Thank you so so much eveyone for happy birthday. 

It's embarrassing but thank you so much for giving me love that I don't deserved. I will work harder from now on.  

(Humble and shy as always :blush::kiss_wink:)

Happy birthday to Shin Hae Sun !

Our Hae Sun always made people around her happy with her bright energy.

Today we hope it will be the happiest day for our Hae Sun. 

• Love 4

After ALML, Shin Hye Sun just gained a new fan. I was captivated by her acting skills. She's the perfect actress for the role of Lee Yeon Seo. I can't think of any who can pull it off.

I first watched her in LOTBS but i didn't remember her. My bad. But spending almost two months diving into her filmography isn't a waste of time. She's very good at portraying each and every character she gets. An acting genius indeed.  And her ballet skills? Just wow! I thought she's a ballerina/actress in real life. She also had great chemistry with KMS (and with all of her drama partnerWatching each drama twice or thrice, you can really tell how much I fell in love with her. I feel like i've known her a long time ago. It's been 6 yrs since the last time I spazz over a kdrama actress. She brought me back to kdramaland,

Shin Hye Sun is a charming woman. I really really love her personality. She's funny, honest, bubbly, cute (whenever she gets shy),  and easy to be with. I can't wait to see more

from this brilliant actress in the future.

:heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

23 hours ago, SHSxRV said:

After ALML, Shin Hye Sun just gained a new fan. I was captivated by her acting skills. She's the perfect actress for the role of Lee Yeon Seo. I can't think of any who can pull it off.

I first watched her in LOTBS but i didn't remember her. My bad. But spending almost two months diving into her filmography isn't a waste of time. She's very good at portraying each and every character she gets. An acting genius indeed.  And her ballet skills? Just wow! I thought she's a ballerina/actress in real life. She also had great chemistry with KMS (and with all of her drama partnerWatching each drama twice or thrice, you can really tell how much I fell in love with her. I feel like i've known her a long time ago. It's been 6 yrs since the last time I spazz over a kdrama actress. She brought me back to kdramaland,

Shin Hye Sun is a charming woman. I really really love her personality. She's funny, honest, bubbly, cute (whenever she gets shy),  and easy to be with. I can't wait to see more

from this brilliant actress in the future.

:heart:

I couldn't agree more. SHS is an amazing actress and a beautiful person inside and out. 

• LOL 1

The first K-drama I ever watched was Secret Forest (or Stranger). It was also the first time I saw Shin Hye Sun.  From the first few scenes she was in, with every new episode, my hope was to see more of her and less of everybody else. In my eyes, she stole the show.  When her character died, I was in a blue mood for days. But I got over it by watching her excel in her other dramas.

So I’ve been thinking about Secret Forest Season 2 and I’m a little torn. I know it will be really good but If only Young Eun-soo didn’t have to die in Season 1 then there would be another Shin Hye Sun performance to look forward to. But its not to be and I find myself recalling that blue mood from the past.

Alas, it’s for the best that her amazing acting in season one will stand on its own as a singular pinnacle performance of her early career. One that blew my mind and started my infatuation and addiction to Asian drama, Korean culture and especially to Shin Hye Sun. I'm so thankful for that because I'm loving it.  I also bow down to the excellent Bae Doo Na, who was the reason I watched Secret Forest in the first place. I look forward to seeing her again in season 2.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Secret Forest or Stranger will not be the same without Shin Hye Sun. It will be a shame for the writers not to include her in some way in this drama. I remember the day when Young Eun Soo was killed and the devastation I felt. I was so touched by this character and felt so sad for her and Shin Hye Sun’s performance was marvellous. There is no mistaking that her vulnerable, mysterious and dark character made this drama very popular!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

From MG 새마을금고 (MG New Village Saving)

(Translation)

“Inside umbrella” (우산中)

by Pak Chi-Jeong (박치정)

우산속. 

우리둘만의우주에서.

당신의어깨를감쌀수있다면.  

내한쪽어깨는조금젖어도괜찮아요.

난당신을향한마음만.

차가운비에젖지않으면됩니다.

Inside the umbrella.

In our own space.

If I can cover your shoulders.

It’s alright if only my shoulder will get a little wet.

I only care for you.

So you don’t have to get wet in cold rain.

Spoiler

Because I love both ‘Weathering with You’ animation and ‘Angel’s Last Mission: Love’ drama

featuring
Shin Hye Sun as ‘100% Sunshine Girl’ who can stop the rain. :love:
Kim Myung Soo as Angel Dan and the cat :innocent::joy:

Edited by immorethant
  • Love 4

I am back! Been MIA.. I know this is a too late lol but REALLY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.

The birthday project wouldn't have been successful without the support of everyone, not just financially but in all aspects! 

I just got back from a quick trip to Seoul and caught the ad before it gets taken down in 2 days. Also dropped by YnK to bring some goodies to our beloved and very quiet Hae Sun. lol 

I hope she shows herself soon, though. Missing her so bad. :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1