On 6/28/2019 at 3:05 AM, titania1000 said:

@Man-O-Man 

South Korea is indeed a very patriarchal and conservative country. Japan is way worse. For both it shows too in the way women and romantic relationships are written.

But for the majority of the industry and audience, things are ok the way they are, there isn't much critical thinking.    

Actresses and viewers who are looking for more progressive views are consequently very frustrated. 

I was expecting an endless flow of SHS gifs from ALML like we got for 30but17 but the accounts that i follow on various sites are quite discreet this time. There's only shippings gifs :confused:     

Credit: OAO3017

I’m watching One Spring Night which is addressing patriarchal nonsense head on and features strong women who refuse to take it. In My Golden Life rich and powerful men were put in their place by SHS’s character.  Many K-dramas use instances of injustice and inequality against women for their story arc’s. Hopefully this brings the absurdity of the patriarchy into consciousness and women will start thinking more critically and stop accepting their unfair treatment as normal.

Although Shin Hye Sun portrays a strong determined woman in ALML (most of the time), I get little sense of enlightened social commentary in this show so far.  Female ambition is portrayed as fatally flawed and an authoritarian deity controls destiny. This is the patriarchy at play but I’ll wait to see how it ends.

I have high hopes that SHS’s upcoming movie Innocent, where she plays a lawyer defending her mother in court, will portray a strong female character taking on the patriarchy represented by a male dominated legal system.  

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

30 but 17 brought so many  good feelings! 

i wonder if i should try again to watch it: i wasn't in the mood at the time and gave up but to be honest i'm rarely in the mood for a rom com. It's like i can watch them only little bits by little bits and it takes me so long to finish them that i lose interest before. 

Seo Ri was the most adorable character: just looking at her gifs made me happy. i could feel how bright and sincere she was and how real her relationships were. :heart:

No deceit, no manipulation here: only two sad human beings feeling in love and making each other happy. 

No improbable twists and turns, a straight and simple plot but carried out with consistent characterizations.

That's good writing and the reason why  the drama end up being on the top drama of the year lists of almost everyone.  

I wish SHS next project will bring again quality and success together.

You should if you have the time. I loved that show so much and have re-watched the whole drama for three times without skipping or fastforwarding a single bit. :lol:

But again I watch anything with SHS. :P

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

You should if you have the time. I loved that show so much and have re-watched the whole drama for three times without skipping or fastforwarding a single bit. :lol:

But again I watch anything with SHS. :P

I also loved 30 but 17.  Like you, I’ll watch anything with the irresistible Shin Hye Sun in it. This series didn’t have evil power plays by nasty villains but relied on traditional misunderstandings and miscommunications to build the tension.  Of course, SHS pulls everyone’s emotional heart strings like a puppet master.  This was ultimately a feel-good show. I don’t blame you for watching it over and over.

• Love 2

8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I have great hopes for Innocent too: her co-star Bae Jong Ok who plays her mother is an excellent actress (i saw her in Live; of the best drama of 2018).Their chemistry is going to superb!

However i don't know for the writer and director and i'm too lazy to research in the thread.

Melo like One Spring Night have been around for ages: with heroines that could burn men for slutshaming them, feel free to act and talk like they want, assume their rights to leave unhappy marriages and divorce, to put career over romance. 

But it's still a small  minority and sadly it doesn't change the statu quo.        

Hopefully the small minority is the snowball beginning its long roll down the hill, growing ever bigger. 

A preview of her new CF.

The original IG was deleted while I'm outside and haven't had chance to save it yet :crazy:.
Fortunately , thanks to  https://www.instagram.com/kueunji2010/  , she saved this for us....:kiss_wink:

And someone in DC inside also saved the original IG as below.

t4SavTV.jpg

Nothing much from the original IG, it just said 'Preview' with tag of SHS and CF.

But it's also related to what we've seen previously from another IG.

sjXR6AL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ni Wen, although the original IG was deleted, I've find another source (please check the above post).

Here is another IG , I think it's about her new movie.

(source https://www.instagram.com/janeyoon1122/   )

I think the IG owner is 윤재인 (Yoon Jae-in)  , I think this actress attended the script reading for the role of 기상캐스터 (weather forecaster/reporter).

The IG message said that she appeared for script reading for the role of weather forecaster in movie 'Collector' . She's never done this role before so she's worried.

The point is I saw tag of Shin Hye Sun's name and also Lee Jae Hoon.  So is it poosible that the name of movie 'Tomb Robbery' now changed to 'Collector' ? 

r3QH7cQ.jpg

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hm. Didn’t ALML script reading took place in January but the show actually started filming in March? The movie was supposed to start filming at the end of July anyway according to the article. 

It saddens me she is working non-stop since December 2018. Even though I was hoping for post ALML promotions and Award Vacation. Is there a possibility?! 

She started filming her first movie, then the ballet training must have taken a toll on her, she jumped straight into ALML shooting, now the second movie? The woman is covering up the lost time ... but I hope she is taking rest as well. 

I’m just concerned the second movie doesn’t come in between ALML promotions, if there’s any! 

Otherwise there is so much more to see of hers this year I’m sure: CFs, Photoshoots, Innocent promotion will start in Fall, movie shooting, Airport spottings, hopefully ALML promotions. 

I’m happy yet concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Hm. Didn’t ALML script reading took place in January but the show actually started filming in March? The movie was supposed to start filming at the end of July anyway according to the article. 

It saddens me she is working non-stop since December 2018. Even though I was hoping for post ALML promotions and Award Vacation. Is there a possibility?! 

She started filming her first movie, then the ballet training must have taken a toll on her, she jumped straight into ALML shooting, now the second movie? The woman is covering up the lost time ... but I hope she is taking rest as well. 

I’m just concerned the second movie doesn’t come in between ALML promotions, if there’s any! 

Otherwise there is so much more to see of hers this year I’m sure: CFs, Photoshoots, Innocent promotion will start in Fall, movie shooting, Airport spottings, hopefully ALML promotions. 

I’m happy yet concerned. 

I also am amazed at how much she works. Perhaps she’s thinking - strike while the iron is hot - but she is already as hot as the sun which will last another 5 billion years.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

June Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Jun 30, 2019
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between May 28 and June 29.

Im Soo Jung, who is currently starring in tvN’s new drama “Search: WWW,” topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 6,053,783. High-ranking phrases in the actress’s keyword analysis included “Jang Ki Yong,” “Search: WWW,” and “search term,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “charming” and “relatable.”

Jung Hae In and Han Ji Min, the stars of MBC’s “One Spring Night,” took second and third places respectively for June. Jung Hae In scored a total brand reputation index of 5,394,450 for the month, while Han Ji Min followed close behind with a score of 4,957,074. 

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Im Soo Jung
  2. Jung Hae In
  3. Han Ji Min
  4. Lee Elijah
  5. Kim Min Kyu
  6. Jang Ki Yong
  7. Lee Jung Jae
  8. Park Bo Young
  9. Kim Ji Won
  10. Shin Min Ah
  11. INFINITE’s L
  12. Jeon Hye Jin
  13. Lee Da Hee
  14. Jang Dong Gun
  15. Kim Ha Neul
  16. Shin Hye Sun
  17. No Min Woo
  18. Go Won Hee
  19. Oh Chang Suk
  20. Kim So Yeon
  21. Kim Ok Bin
  22. Jo Jung Suk
  23. Kim Dong Jun
  24. Lee Jin Wook
  25. Jung Yu Mi
  26. Lee Si Eon
  27. Song Joong Ki
  28. Shin Sung Rok
  29. Kim Young Kwang
  30. Kam Woo Sung

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335503wpp/june-brand-reputation-rankings-for-drama-actors-revealed

What's up with this list? The first 3 are fine. 

But SHS and Shin Min Ah are both amazing leads in June dramas- how are they not in the #4 and #5 spots?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iffy21 said:

@kokkuri33 I don't get it either as this is so confusing, and even Lee Elijah is higher than SHS (nothing against the actress) but it doesn't make sense how our girl is at number 16.

Shin Hye  Sun is #1 in acting skills. There is no doubt of that, all you have to do is observe. Clearly, not enough people are observing acting skills. I watch other Kdramas and no one comes close to SHS's acting abilities. If her brand recognition is low then her management team isn't doing its job well enough.

• Like 1
  • Love 1