Quantcast

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much  @meechuttso for help correcting. :) 

Had to admit that when the drama was actually aired and with RL business, there are flood of news and pics and clips recently that I really don't have time to properly read or put effort to translate, just skim through and try to catch up quickly  :P.  So please forgive me if you see that my postings lately are kinda copy-paste. 

It's different from before drama was aired or during SHS hiatus that there're less news and material so I can have time to read/digest or create something to get pass the boring day of waiting.  But now the drama was come out, so my time after work was spent on re-watching the drama at least 3 times per episode to enjoy and appreciate every moment of it. :blush:

Ooooppps... I just read your post in ALML thread. I'm so sorry that I say sorry again here.

V0Xq9i6.gif

(credit DUCK_is_waving twitter)

Edited by immorethant
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Calming down slowly, copying the zen attitude of our rising star!

This gif is so soothing and relaxing!

giphy.gif

Credit: s8llite

But her badass side is still my favourite side of her. As Yeon Seo, SHS is showing plenty of this no bull**** attitude, which is all good news for me since i like my heroines like i like my coffee: strong!:lol:

D7VBZdAUYAA8ieb.jpg

D7VBaQhU8AEPEXh.jpg

Credit: dramasparkle

That's my girl and the only way with the bullies!:angry:

14 hours ago, immorethant said:

Why do I think that she looks more beautiful when wearing those fashion than original model?

Because she's naturally graceful and elegant?:w00t:

But to be honest, i'm not a fan of her wardrobe on ALML, even the long black star dress that she wore to go to the foundation anniversary left me cold.

I prefer her in more formal clothes like trench coat and black dress with same design as the one at the press conf. Can she wear both forever? :heart:   

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

But to be honest, i'm not a fan of her wardrobe on ALML, even the long black star dress that she wore to go to the foundation anniversary left me cold.

I prefer her in more formal clothes like trench coat and black dress with same design as the one of the press conf. Can she wear both forever?

Me too! I like her in the little black dress! I wish she could wear like that in the drama. I only like that long black star dress and the outfit in the park. I feel the rest of the dresses looks too mature for her, I thought she should wear something younger. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

@immorethant This 3rd gif is EVERYTHING! When I saw it on twitter it was so powerful: so sad and shocking! 

I was going to include it to my review in the ALML thread but all considered  my comment is more about her and her career than the drama!

For me, it's a throwback to Secret Forest and a sort of unintentional (from this writer) reparation for what happened to her character at the end of the drama.

Not the fact that Eun Soo died (though i'm still mad about it): plot wise it couldn't have stayed a zero sum game, someone had to take the fall for being too close of Hwang Shi Mok but more the offensive way she's been treated after her death: as a prop  intended to move his story arc forward, to  wake him up to his feelings and break up the wall that prevented him to have a sociable attitude.

The death of Mr Jo reversed completely this plot device used usually  only to "frigde" women: he died without a proper development. We knew nothing about him. He didn't seem to have his own family, but seems to have spent most of his life working for Yeon Seo and her parents before her.  And most importantly, his death wasn't about him: he died to give her his eyes,  but also to allow her to recover her life and mental health.

That's where the parallel with Shi Mok seems to me stirring:  we had this spectacular sequence focused on her reaction

• from the moment where she woke up in shock in the hospital, realized her sight was working perfectly again and understood the sacrifice that was made for her;
  • including the  long and painful walk to the funerals to see him one last time  (just like Shi Mok followed the ambulance with Eun Soo's body while losing slowly control over his car and his emotions)
  • and her mad reaction in front of everybody, making her seem so out of her mind, so ungrateful (a parallel to Shi Mok's cold reaction in front of the cops and  the doctors just before the autopsy, pretending he will be ok to watch it). 

To her return to home and her frenetic search of a way to bring him back, to feel his presence again through the family vids (just like  the sweater EunSoo lent from Shi Mok and returned misshapen triggered the memories shared with her) and finally her collapse, giving in the pure torture that was the guilt to have not only survived the accident but to have too benefit from it, while the memory of their horrible last conversation in the car and her monstruous words started to haunt her like a nightmare.

Her screams and anger at Mr Jo:  how dare he took the decision to give his eyes and leave her forever alone after doing it,with no other solution than to accept it and live her life  and no one to support her as if she would  not feel responsible for his death? was a direct call to Shi Mok shouting at Eunsoo's father for blaming others instead of recognizing his own part in her daughter's death, a shouting directed too to himself.

The only difference between both parts but it's a major one is that i ended up hating Shi Mok's for giving in self pity while i felt devastated for our tragic ballerina.   

SHS's acting  was outstanding here, perfect mirror to CSW's acting and gave me chills: she instantly reignited my interest for the drama when i was starting to be lead away by the unsatisfying pace and the plot. 

I would so love to believe that the writer would keep giving her challenging scenes like this one all along the drama but i fear that it would stay an exception in a ocean of ordinary scenes though fluffy and warm. 

I guess it's better than nothing:cry:

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Me too! I like her in the little black dress! I wish she could wear like that in the drama. I only like that long black star dress and the outfit in the park. I feel the rest of the dresses looks too mature for her, I thought she should wear something younger. 

How could i forgot the outfit in the park? it's the second pic posted by @immorethant in her fashion summary :sweatingbullets:

I totally agree it was very nice: one of her best outfit! Simple almost minimalist but striking! 

He other outfits have too much patterns for my taste  and mix opposite colors sometimes, that maybe why they  look mature because the design despite all seemed to fit her age and her character.

By the way, how could a basic pair of slippers cost 90$?:scream:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

My favourite is also that star dress, checkered blue/red shirt & what she was wearing when she plucked the flower out! 

Her styling is love in this show! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if Hae Sun is close to seeing they follow on Insta. But she is probably busy with her schedule even if invited.

• LOL 1

54 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Shin Hye Sun Leaves Viewers Shook With Her Acting In “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1327198wpp/shin-hye-sun-leaves-viewers-shook-with-her-acting-in-angels-last-mission-love

I was about to post this! Soompi literally dedicated the whole article on her acting! Woah! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

SHS went to a nail salon today.

IG owner (probably the sop owner) said she watched and talked about ALML at the shop everyday and then SHS just appeared in front of the shop. :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 5:50 AM, immorethant said:

(credit DUCK_is_waving twitter)

This gif at the top of the page  is so incredibly pretty i can't stop looking at it!:w00t:

More of SHS's perfection!:heart:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Credit: OAO3017

Did anyone catch  this?:w00t: 

Both actors played together in Oh My Ghostess? Were they married in the drama (i haven't watched it yet: is it worth watching?)?

Apparently they stayed friends!:w00t: He liked one of her insta posts about promoting  ALML! Fandoms collide here since i truly enjoy his acting and character in MBC Different Dreams, which is currently airing!

D7GEsovVsAI3DSF.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Hyesun's IG followers increased from 440K to 444K within the premiere week of ALML  :scream:

I noticed that. I knew it will start rolling! I hope it continues. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, jakey09 said:

@immorethant Did she say she has a nice car? lol! IG translation is so funny! The car is being mentioned. :lol:

PS: Nails getting done? I wonder if it’s for the wedding. 

LOL. No nice car. This is Aegyo/overt-cuteness/baby-talk that's throwing google off.

Trooly MuchMuch PertyPertyPerty
진짜 넘넘 이뿌구 이뿌구 이뿌구

Nice and So-Nice (Kind and Kind-hearted, or Good and Good-natured)
착하고 카댜***
If I could, wish I could do her fingers and toes too even without eating... ke ke ke
기회가 된다면 손발 밥안먹구라도 해드리고 시펐....ㅋㅋㅋ

(***차카댜 = 착하다) (차 = car or tea)

giphy.gif

A new look for her which I haven't seen share here yet. Yet another new standard set.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, titania1000 said:

Her screams and anger at Mr Jo:  how dare he took the decision to give his eyes and leave her forever alone after doing it,with no other solution than to accept it and live her life  and no one to support her as if she would  not feel responsible for his death?

tumblr_ps2s3qlwyH1valxs7o6_r1_500.gif Yes

This did not feel like mere acting. Do you think she took unfinished energy from SF and channeled it into this scream? Where does a woman her age get the animus, the 'inner-pain' from, to pull this off??:crazy:

tumblr_prvn6dRT7A1valxs7o8_r1_1280.jpg

I wasn't ready to say good bye to her blindness just yet, becoz it led to scenes like this one. Farewell caned-Yeon-Seo. May you soon be rid of the walking stick too and fly once more freely like a swan. :wub:

And thank you, all you lovely Chingoos here, for all the beautiful things and thoughts you share here. :innocent:

• Love 3