Just want to post my compliment here for Shin Hye Sun, because ALML thread is now full of kiss and kiss topic :P

As I checked out the age of Yeon-Seo in ALML, she's only 26.

Normally in her past drama, SHS had the role of the same age of her or the writer might change age to suit her.

But in ALML I think it's writer's intention who wants Yeon-Seo to be at that age which may suitable for her ballerina career.

The more I know of this, the more I admire our SHS because it means the drama production team can't find any actress at age near 26 to play this role.  It would be easier to find young actress who can dance well and perhaps has more body flexibility than SHS, but this Yeon-Seo character is more complex than just any actress to play, except SHS.

Many times I saw people commented that SHS is so good at choosing script, I think part of it is true. But another point is that there must be other actresses who also have eyes to distinguish good script and good character like My Golden Life, 30but17, Hymn of Death, or ALML but why SHS got the role ?  Because I think only SHS that has great determination like this to try going beyond her past roles , to do the new things , to devote her time with great determination to transform herself playing a suffering role of 52 episodes, to become 17 years old girl, to play a soprano singer, and to build her body and learn how to dance ballet.  Those good scripts and good roles didn't come by chance or by just having good eyes or having more popularity to get the offer first, but it was the prize that come with the price that only this devoted actress deserved to get. 

All my salute to our Shin Hye Sun.  

'Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic'

9mS22iy.gif

muQO6DH.gif

(credit gifs from DCinside)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

After returning from my secret forest after 6 days, my first priority was to watch the ALM:L episodes I missed. Wow. What a magnificent and beautiful actress Shin Hye Sun is. I really love her eyes. She almost doesn't need dialogue - you can tell what's  going on inside her character just by looking into her eyes. That her eyes we're pierced by glass shards in the first episode just about killed me, but even blinded her eyes conveyed deep emotion. She also has just about the best crying eyes I've ever seen - but always makes me sad to see. I prefer her happy eyes. I could stare into them forever.

I was reading some early interviews on pages 6 and 7 of this forum around the time of Five Enough, where she dreamed of playing an evil woman some day to challenge her acting abilities. While I haven't seen everything she has done yet, I think the role of Lee Yeon Seo in the early episodes of ALML may have partially fulfilled her dream. She was devastating.

Being male, I'm  much more partial to female actors, especially ones I consider beautiful like SHS, so I don't analyse male roles nearly as much. I have no doubt that some of the male characters in SHS shows have huge drawing power with audiences, especially females. Kim Myung Soo is a case in point. However, call me biased, but it seems to me that SHS is the big draw that makes these shows the big hits that they are. If I'm not mistaken, the series that feature SHS in key roles of late also top the ratings charts. Coincidence? I don't think so. I believe I read somewhere that a recent episode of ALML broke a ratings record. With SHS at the top of her game it doesn't surprise me.More record breaking episodes to come no doubt.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Man-O-Man said:

After returning from my secret forest after 6 days, my first priority was to watch the ALM:L episodes I missed. Wow. What a magnificent and beautiful actress Shin Hye Sun is. I really love her eyes. She almost doesn't need dialogue - you can tell what's  going on inside her character just by looking into her eyes. That her eyes we're pierced by glass shards in the first episode just about killed me, but even blinded her eyes conveyed deep emotion. She also has just about the best crying eyes I've ever seen - but always makes me sad to see. I prefer her happy eyes. I could stare into them forever.

I was reading some early interviews on pages 6 and 7 of this forum around the time of Five Enough, where she dreamed of playing an evil woman some day to challenge her acting abilities. While I haven't seen everything she has done yet, I think the role of Lee Yeon Seo in the early episodes of ALML may have partially fulfilled her dream. She was devastating.

Being male, I'm  much more partial to female actors, especially ones I consider beautiful like SHS, so I don't analyse male roles nearly as much. I have no doubt that some of the male characters in SHS shows have huge drawing power with audiences, especially females. Kim Myung Soo is a case in point. However, call me biased, but it seems to me that SHS is the big draw that makes these shows the big hits that they are. If I'm not mistaken, the series that feature SHS in key roles of late also top the ratings charts. Coincidence? I don't think so. I believe I read somewhere that a recent episode of ALML broke a ratings record. With SHS at the top of her game it doesn't surprise me.More record breaking episodes to come no doubt.

Wow, welcome to the SHS realm . :D 

She's not called the Queen of Ratings for nothing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yeah @Man-O-Man if you are unaware yet, she's got a nick called Queen of Ratings ever since MGL. Ever since she stepped on to the Leading Role she had been spearing all her dramas to No 1 position. The way KBS promoted this drama and positioned her as the best and last in their D6-D1 countdown already tells that she is the main draw of the drama even more than the male lead (which I'm really glad that she's being valued by KBS). And as much as I may be bias, with full credit to the ML, she's indeed holding the show with her own acting prowess that captivated the general audience besides her own fans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Most mentioned actor during 5th week of May (by Gooddata)

Shin Hye Sun is No. 10

93qh0Oc.jpg

1 #SongJoongKi      

2 #JungHaeIn  

3 #HanJiMin  

4 #ParkMinYoung    

5 #KimJaeWook 

6 #KimHaNeul

7 #KamWooSung       

8 #JangGongGun 

9 #KimJiWon 

10 #ShinHyeSun

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Repost here because she danced so well and I admired her hard working so much.

Her body, her pose, her dance are like the real ballerina. 

I'm amazed as well. Well done Hyesun!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just noticed how SHS has greatly improved her English speaking skills. Her MGL scene where she had to speak English was ~cringey~ so to speak. This girl really keeps surprising us! And her dancing skills are daebak! SML for our sunshine!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, mylovekge said:

Just noticed how SHS has greatly improved her English speaking skills. Her MGL scene where she had to speak English was ~cringey~ so to speak. This girl really keeps surprising us! And her dancing skills are daebak! SML for our sunshine!! 

You should post it under her IG. Since she loves reading mangas (or was it books) instead of moving ... it might encourage her to read stuff in English! :lol:

• LOL 1

16 hours ago, meechuttso said:

tumblr_pso38taUPh1valxs7o1_500.giftumblr_pso38taUPh1valxs7o2_500.gifgiphy.gif

Hey Chingoos! Everyone must be exhausted posting to the drama thread and no energy left for Hye-Sun-ssi here. Episode 5 (9-10) she filled every second of the screen time on which she appeared. :rolleyes::wub:

Waiting for her to smile again.

Nice to have you back from your Secret Forest @Man-O-Man ;) And @Nymeria289 too!

Thanks for the welcome back Meechuttso - I retreat to my secret forest often. Back in civilization it’s nice to share common interests with like-minded people especially when the subject is the best actress in the world - Shin Hye Sun. I’ve been going through the back pages of this forum (up to page 26 now) and getting more attached to SHS with every word/picture/video. Thank you for all the incredible work you do for this forum.

I came across this YouTube video of Shin Hye Sun accepting the Excellence in Acting Award in Serial Drama at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards for My Golden Life

What struck me about this video is the emotional impact it obviously had on SHS, completely understandable of course.  It would be emotional for anyone but for SHS it seemed like this award was a truly transformational moment for her. She referenced her first minor role with barely any lines in School 2013 and a time when no one believed in her.  She referenced her parents “You didn’t expect this day to come – right?”, suggesting that her struggle for recognition and validation was multi-faceted and rooted in deep personal sacrifice, commitment and determination.

Receiving this award resolved that her day had indeed come, that people now believed in her and that her roles are now major ones with multitudes of lines. As a modest and humble person, winning this award would not send her on an ego trip but the effect on her psyche must have been profound - a turning point in her personal and professional journey, opening new roads to unimagined destinations.

SHS’s acting in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is also going to be very hard to beat. I hope she wins the award again. The nuanced labored smile she conjures to honor Mr. Jo’s wish at his funeral is enough to clinch the award in my mind - and there’s so much more to come.

There is something I don’t get though. If you search online for Korea’s best actresses you find all kinds of lists – most beautiful, most successful, sexiest, hottest etc. and Shin Hye Sun isn’t on any of them. Not that any of these sites are credible, but how could they not include such a talented beauty? She wins excellence in acting awards and other awards and nominations, she’s a commercial spokesperson for various beauty products, fashions and even cars, she appears in music videos, she carries some of the most successful TV series into the highest ratings brackets and she’s not on any list???? Perplexing!

Well she’s #1 on my top 10 and #2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 too. Now to watch latest episodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Annyeong, sunshines!

This is another shameless plug. lol

We got a go-ahead from YnK regarding the Coffee Truck support. We aren't halfway through our target but we're expecting more to chip in in the coming days. While we wait for the schedule from YnK, hope you can help us spread the word. If you have SNS accounts, please please help us share and promote. :) 

I hear there are only a few episodes left to shoot so we're really hoping to send this soon. 

Also, if you can,  please DM us a short message to include in the AVP which will be played in the truck.  :blush:

Thank you!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2