Exhibit 3 (Mr. L)  -  Here comes the angel !

He's so handsome and so hot.  He may have an innocent angelic look but when he looks at you, you can be dead instantly. 

He kept saying he's introvert but he never hide his admiration and attraction to her.

P4pz8XU.png

They talked and praised each other.

kmGC7p5.png3j0cYvW.png

They smiled and laughed by each other.

OFqPXD8.png5QF8RJm.png

He stared and stared like there's nothing more worth to see than this girl.

KxbW7jm.pngqgO7ci6.png

And sometimes she gave him eyes contact like asking him some support.

G7Aoan1.pngUGsElI9.png

He may be shy but he tried to show-off how good he is (if she cheered for him).

M2OKuCZ.pnghz1VMyU.png

And he touched a lot and she didn't shy away or showed any reaction of uncomfort .

Like they always did this behind the scene (and like she knew that he is now under her control :joy: )

And this shot. :scream:   

CAxFDIK.png

Look at LDG , he's like 'Here we go again. I saw this everyday' :joy:

(edited - deleted the gifs because I feel it may be too much or inappropriate).

And the drama has just started !!!

But why my shipping is always colorful ? :P

:love::kiss_wink::heart::innocent:

(I just hope both won't read this thread...otherwise we may not see any cute scenes like this anymore. :P)

Edited by immorethant
  • Love 2

Sorry, actually I want to talk about SHS 2.0 in term of her acting skill but don't know why the topic was turned into this romantic subject.  So I will be brief now (as much as possible). 

In my opinion, I always asked myself, 'when was the critical point that she tranformed herself from version 1.0 to 2.0 ?'

I would like to use 'Black Swan' movie as a metaphor which there's Nina Sayers character who was a sweet, ,obedient, fragile, delicated, eligant girl and she's so perfect for the role of 'White Swan' .  But it's not enough to get her the position of lead dancer, to be the lead she had to peform the role of 'Black Swan' perfectly either.  It's a new teritory for her and we saw her struggle at first to act in this malicious character.  But later she successfully transformed into that role.  However, becoming the black swan was just the beginning but the peak of this character was that at then end the white swan had to be able feel and to express her grief , hopeless and loss of her lover and also her life.  And at the end of the movie, just like the zen story, when you discovered both good and bad side of yourself,  and you just find the balance by let yourself be free from both, (like Nina first kill her white swan and later kill black swan , just to realize that both white and black are only herself), then you can become 'one' or  a 'perfection' and you can be or not be anything after that.  

Similarly, for SHS 1.0, we saw her early works were white characters  - naive, innocent, cute, funny, sometimes spicy but still cute , with not much depth of character.  And even though the role of Yeon-Tae gave her high recognition and more popularity but still left question to audience that whether this cute girl can act in more serious or darker role ? How can this white swan change into black swan ?

And then there's LOTBS, which was the first time of her antagonist role. 'In Secret Forest' we saw her character and her acting tranformed gradually from a new graduated prosecutor with high expectation, got involved in murder case and enter into the darker side of the politic and the justice process. Her character and her acting stepped further into the area of grief, loss, sadness and eventually death.  I think this drama gave her confident that she can act in more serious role and she's ready to get opportunity for leading role.

In 'My Golden Life' , her character became more complex, she had to act as a strong girl on the outside but weak on the inside who had to carry burden of her family and chose the easy way to do what she was expected by leaving her dream and her real identity behind and became Choi Eun-Seok, just to face the harsh truth at the end that she was lied by her own mother and the harsher truth that all of her earlier life was also a lie that she told herself.  Here we saw the final death of the white swan when Soe Ji-An lost everthing and decided to commit suicide. No more of this innocent girl (for now).

And finally,  SHS completely transformed into black swan when she showed her rage and hate to Choi Do-Kyung in the award winning scene that shocked all audiences.  This was the first time that I think SHS and Ji-An let go of everything (as in the movie 'Let go of everything and become black swan'). And with the script that later Ji-An could finally found herself and her place and purpose (which was not easy way but the right way), I think it also helped SHS realized that both white swan and black swan, both sides of cute, lovely, charming, innocent, sad, grief, fear, angry, strong, weak, love and hate all were in herself.  And this was the real liberation and revelation that gave her confident that she had ability to act as any role or could be anything.  She can perform as 17 years old girl or she can become a historical soprano singer or even she can build her body and train herself as a ballet dancer. 

She became 'one' and 'perfection'.

So now there's no more white swan or black swan,  there's only 'The Swan' Shin Hye Sun.

YWrANmn.png

Oh....just realize that writing this makes me want to watch animation 'Millennium Actress' again.

3 hours ago, jakey09 said:

@immorethant where you get the vlive? I’m finding that like crazy! :lol:

Actually I recorded this live video myself, but because the length and the file was so big so I can't find any video hub or server to share, my apology.  Really hope that KBS will post this again in V-Live.  (but the auto-Eng sub was so bad, I can understand only 25% of what they talked)

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

@immorethant Oh? Can’t upload it on YouTube? How about dailymotion? What is the length? 

Actually I don't dare to upload copyrighted video to Youtube. I used to get warning email even I uploaded some K-drama videos for my private watching. So now I only sticked to watch-only mode on Youtube. :P 

For dailymotion, the maximum filesize allowed is 2 GB per upload but the total K-talk video that I have is 4.7 GB :tears:.  And I don't have skill to compress the file..sorry.   So please give me some times, I will try to cut the vidoe in multiple parts instead.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Actually I don't dare to upload copyrighted video to Youtube. I used to get warning email even I uploaded some K-drama videos for my private watching. So now I only sticked to watch-only mode on Youtube. :P 

For dailymotion, the maximum filesize allowed is 2 GB per upload but the total K-talk video that I have is 4.7 GB :tears:.  And I don't have skill to compress the file..sorry.   So please give me some times, I will try to cut the vidoe in multiple parts instead.  

That would be the best way. 

It surprises me why it ain’t on VLive though. 

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

BTW guys, that crossing the road scene we talked about - thought it’s going to be a deleted scene shown but it wasn’t? Does that mean will still get to see it?

Maybe just maybe it will come out as a flashback scene? I hope so...

Can't wait for tomorow though i won't understand without subs LOL 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Sorry, actually I want to talk about SHS 2.0 in term of her acting skill but don't know why the topic was turned into this romantic subject.  So I will be brief now (as much as possible). 

In my opinion, I always asked myself, 'when was the critical point that she tranformed herself from version 1.0 to 2.0 ?'

I would like to use 'Black Swan' movie as a metaphor which there's Nina Sayers character who was a sweet, ,obedient, fragile, delicated, eligant girl and she's so perfect for the role of 'White Swan' .  But it's not enough to get her the position of lead dancer, to be the lead she had to peform the role of 'Black Swan' perfectly either.  It's a new teritory for her and we saw her struggle at first to act in this malicious character.  But later she successfully transformed into that role.  However, that's only the beginning,  becoming the black swan is just the beginning but the peak of this character is that at then end the white swan had to be able feel and to express her grief , hopeless and loss of her lover and also her life.  And at the end of the movie, just like the zen story, when you discovered both good and bad side of yourself,  and you just find the balance by let yourself be free from both, (like Nina first kill her white swan and later kill black swan , just to realize that both white and black are only herself), then you can become 'one' or  a 'perfection' and you can be or not be anything after that.  

Similarly, for SHS 1.0, we saw her early works were white characters  - naive, innocent, cute, funny, sometimes spicy but still cute , with not much depth of character.  And even though the role of Yeon-Tae gave her high recognition and more popularity but still left question to audience that whether this cute girl can act in more serious or darker role ? How can this white swan change into black swan ?

And then there's LOTBS, which was the first time of her antagonist role. 'In Secret Forest' we saw her character and her acting tranformed gradually from a new graduated prosecutor with high expectation, got involved in murder case and enter into the darker side of the politic and the justice process. Her character and her acting stepped further into the area of grief, loss, sadness and eventually death.  I think this drama gave her confident that she can act in more serious role and she's ready to get opportunity for leading role.

In 'My Golden Life' , her character became more complex, she had to act as a strong girl on the outside but weak on the inside who had to carry burden of her family and chose the easy way to do what she was expected by leaving her dream and her real identity behind and became Choi Eun-Seok, just to face the harsh truth at the end that she was lied by her own mother and the harsher truth that all of her earlier life was also a lie that she told herself.  Here we saw the final death of the white swan when Soe Ji-An lost everthing and decided to commit suicide. No more of this innocent girl (for now).

And finally,  SHS completely transformed into black swan when she showed her rage and hate to Choi Do-Kyung in the award winning scene that shocked all audiences.  This was the first time that I think SHS and Ji-An let go of everything (as in the movie 'Let go of everything and become black swan'). And with the script that later Ji-An could finally found herself and her place and purpose (which was not easy way but the right way), I think it also helped SHS realized that both white swan and black swan, both sides of cute, lovely, charming, innocent, sad, grief, fear, angry, strong weak, love and hate all were in herself.  And this was the real liberation and revelation that gave her confident that she had ability to act as any role or could be anything.  She can perform as 17 years old girl or she can become a historical soprano singer or even she can build her body and train herself as a ballet dancer. 

She became 'one' and 'perfection'.

So now there's no more white swan or black swan,  there's only 'The Swan' Shin Hye Sun.

YWrANmn.png

Actually I recorded this live video myself, but because the length and the file was so big so I can't find any video hub or server to share, my apology.  Really hope that KBS will post this again in V-Live.  (but the auto-Eng sub was so bad, I can understand only 25% of what they talked)

First, thanks to everyone welcoming me to this forum. Here in the middle of Canada, I know of no one else who is into Kdramas let alone into Shin Hye Sun. I'm not Korean, I only speak english, I'm male and I suspect I'm a lot older than most people here. I am definitely not the typical demographic for rom-coms. So it's impossible for me to chat with anyone I know about SHS as nobody around here, perhaps outside the small Korean community, has ever heard of her.

Which brings me to the point about SHS 2.0. A very well put analysis with black swan white swan. I love it. As I learn more about SHS and view more and more of her work, I'm getting a better picture of her evolution. This forum is helping a lot with that. All I can say at this point is that my instincts about SHL's talent from first viewing her in Secret Forest, was that she was amazingly good and that the world simply has to take notice of her. It was hard to contain my excitement and I wanted to share SHS with my friends but very few (none actually) tolerate reading subtitles, even my wife. But I knew I saw a major talent at work in Sectret Forest and after watching My Golden Life and 30 but 17 and Hymn of Death and even Oh My Ghost, I could see this talent even more.

From my first viewing SHL was already in my opinion, at the top of her game acting wise. I could sense immediately that career wise the sky is the limit for her if she so desires. So if she is now evolving into SHS  2.0, I just know there will be a SHS 3.0 and 4.0 in the future. She seems to like challenging herself and is now in the postion of being more selective in her roles. So depending on her personal goals and ambitions, her role choices and her directors, she will continue to evolve into an ever more nuanced actor who is beyond reproach in every role she takes on. It's in her blood.  She will dominate every second of screen time she has. This is my instinct.

From a North American point of view, I'm certain that if SHS was fluent in English and her shows were more anglasized and  Hollywood oriented she would be a global mega star and would consistently win best actress awards. Of course I would never want SHS to become Hoolywoodized - that would not only be degrading but I see a big part of her charm is in her Korean-ness. I think she is the quintessential Korean female and that is something to celebrate and cherish. Korean history and culture is rich and to wander away from it to appeal to an american audience would be very unfortunate. That's not to say that the right blended vehicle for a break through to non Asian audiences doesn't exist. It's just another possible evolutionary step for SHS but It's probably not something she cares too much about anyway.

I suspect as ALM:L continues and with her upcoming films, Innocent and Tomb Robbery, that SHS 2.0 will come into sharp focus. I wish I knew more about these two films.

In closing, thanks again for existing and letting me gush over SHS. I'm truly smitten so I think I belong here. I'm about to head to my own personal secret forest (literally) where I'll be cut off from technology for about 5 or 6 days. I'll have to catch up with the next episodes of ALM:L and this forum when I get back. Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This is another deleted scene.  :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

V-Live K-Talk 

(I will delete when KBS uploads on V-Live again).

Remark - some parts they just showed teaser video of 1st ep, so I edited it out.  (and the Eng sub is so bad)

Part 1 -->  https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x79mdrl

Part 2 -->  https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x79mgpn

** Please don't share the link outside this thread **

It's late night now.  Good night everyone.  :relaxed:

Really exciting and looking forward to watch EP 5-6. 

• Love 2

15 hours ago, immorethant said:

Exhibit 3 (Mr. L)  -  Here comes the angel !

He's so handsome and so hot.  He may have an innocent angelic look but when he looks at you, you can be dead instantly. 

He kept saying he's introvert but he never hide his admiration and attraction to her.

P4pz8XU.png

They talked and praised each other.

kmGC7p5.png3j0cYvW.png

They smiled and laughed by each other.

OFqPXD8.png5QF8RJm.png

He stared and stared like there's nothing more worth to see than this girl.

KxbW7jm.pngqgO7ci6.png

And sometimes she gave him eyes contact like asking him some support.

G7Aoan1.pngUGsElI9.png

He may be shy but he tried to show-off how good he is (if she cheered for him).

M2OKuCZ.pnghz1VMyU.png

And he touched a lot and she didn't shy away or showed any reaction of uncomfort .

Like they always did this behind the scene (and like she knew that he is now under her control :joy: )

And this shot. :scream:   

CAxFDIK.png

Look at LDG , he's like 'Here we go again. I saw this everyday' :joy:

(edited - deleted the gifs because I feel it may be too much or inappropriate).

And the drama has just started !!!

But why my shipping is always colorful ? :P

:love::kiss_wink::heart::innocent:

(I just hope both won't read this thread...otherwise we may not see any cute scenes like this anymore. :P)

SHS said KMS is her elder/senior (Sunbae), I think she meant when it comes to years in the entertainment business. KMS sang in this interview, a short teaser of OST of the drama that is not officially out yet, but he said he sang the entire song for SHS already. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that! I think, he said, that song has Dan’s feelings. So I guess if Oh My Angel is from YS’s perspective then that would be played when Dan will fall in love! I hope that’s true! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

1.jpg?type=w1200

2.jpg?type=w1200 Oh Gaawwwd :love:

From https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=20577350&memberNo=33175148

Many more there!

@immorethant it's eerie how you know exactly what I was thinking and the images you quoted when I started my rambling about 2.0. You took that scatter and put it all together into a very impressive whole and completed my 'thought' in a most epic-ly memorable post!

16 hours ago, immorethant said:

You're a monster!! I am so proud of you!! :w00t:

13 hours ago, Man-O-Man said:

In closing, thanks again for existing and letting me gush over SHS. I'm truly smitten so I think I belong here. I'm about to head to my own personal secret forest (literally) where I'll be cut off from technology for about 5 or 6 days. I'll have to catch up with the next episodes of ALM:L and this forum when I get back. Enjoy.

LoL it'll be next week by the time you see this, it sounds like, @Man-O-Man , but man, o man, you'd better make sure your wife doesn't get too jealous! So fun reading this totally revealing testimonial - the picture I got in my mind reading your post is that of Mr Gong Woo-Jin, the wooly mammoth beared guy in the mountain out in the middle of nowhere and tearing up over his android phone full of downloaded SHS dramas. Sorry for LoL, but your post and @immorethant's epic trilogy of SHS 2.0 post just made me tear up laughing and crying just how moved I was by all the crazies :crazy: (including yours truly, meechuttso - meaning crazy-i-am) that oori Hye-Sun-ssi has brought out from all over this beautiful world.

Totally something to celebrate! :crazy::w00t::wub::tounge_wink::tounge_xd:

I have so much more to say now but will pause here so you all can pile on with 20 other amazing pics from the YNK post!

One more thing, @immorethant if you have links to all the YNK bts pictorials from every fan sign events and all the other ones, please post - I'll repost all the links on the front top page too - they're so spectacular and getting even more so with each new one. Thank you, this is a request, not an order, sweetie, LoL.B):innocent:

Oh, and welcome @Helenpm !!

0.jpg?type=w1200

EDIT

@immorethant regarding the radio show twitter post part 2 you posted in the ALML thread, the chatter between the two of them L&SHS was their arguing playfully about who knows the most hip new Korean expressions popular among younger people and netizens.

L says SHS is showing off lately asking him, "do you know what 머박 (Maw-Bak or Muh-Bak) means?"**** And SHS responds by saying, he's the one who started showing off first, so she went home and studied up on it and now that she knows more, she was (kind of) rubbing it in his face. I think she relishes working with a younger idol and feeling like she's younger at heart.:wub:

And the vlive show with the 4 of them later that evening, posted on twitter by @jakey09 however, was not nearly as fun as the 2 of them on the radio. It was, in fact, quite a forgettable hour actually, except for the L touching SHS parts.;) I doubt anyone would translate it. The host was truly lame, and it started after 7pm local time and the 4 guests had not eaten at all, thinking they'll be fed at the interview. The host said they prepared some dessert for them, so all 4 of them practically begged him to give them some food now, but he said, no, that would look undignified on TV. You could tell after that they were all tired and not in the mood to sing or dance. The radio host lady earlier had been so much cooler with her leading questions and setups for the 2 of them to really give us what we all wanted.

****Near the end of the hour, about the drama, Shin Hye-Sun used her newly learned expression and said it's - " 머박 머박 기머 기머 "  (which sounds like "Maw-Bak Maw-Bak Ghee-Maw Ghee-Maw")

Translation of this riddle-like phrase requires the knowledge of written Korean, actually.

대박 대박 기대 기대 (which means 'Dae-Bak Dae-Bak Anticipation Anticipation') (very big anticipation)

머박 머박 기머 기머 (has no meaning, except the letter can look like if you spell it sloppily)

Really childish stuff. :w00t:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

And the vlive show with the 4 of them later that evening, posted on twitter by @jakey09 however, was not nearly as fun as the 2 of them on the radio. It was, in fact, quite a forgettable hour actually, except for the L touching SHS parts.;) I doubt anyone would translate it.

Exactly.  That's why straight after that vlive show i was saying i enjoyed the radio interview more and i had a feeling the otp had more fun and both of them was more comfy in the radio interview.  That host was ..... :sweatingbullets: 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

0.jpg?type=w1200

(Really love this pic, such a real ballerina) :kiss_wink::love::heart:

Translation of this riddle-like phrase requires the knowledge of written Korean, actually.

대박 대박 기대 기대 (which means 'Dae-Bak Dae-Bak Anticipation Anticipation') (very big anticipation)

머박 머박 기머 기머 (has no meaning, except the letter can look like if you spell it sloppily)

Really childish stuff. :w00t:

Oh .. Wow. thank you so much @meechuttso for this knowledge.  That's why I love learning language, it's so fun. 

so she went home and studied up on it and now that she knows more, she was (kind of) rubbing it in his face. I think she relishes working with a younger idol and feeling like she's younger at heart

Why does my shipping heart say that she did this just to show to him that she is not too old for him ? ....LOL :D

@immorethant it's eerie how you know exactly what I was thinking and the images you quoted when I started my rambling about 2.0.

Actually I have something to confess.  I came from the year 2130 which my major study is 'History of acting', which I read in textbooks and so impressed of this timeless actress. She is the most famous and most awarded Korean actress and also the first Korean native actress who won the Academy award 3 times (Korean people even made a statue of her).  So as a part of my thesis, I decided to take the time machine back to the year 2017 so I can study and experience her works by myself. That's why my Eng and Korean are so bad, mostly in my time we talk galactic language.   However, most journals and videos of her works was destroyed after the Global Tech War in 2050.  The Soompi data archive that I can recover from the library is quite incomplete and scattered, so it's possible that the word that I just posted is originally your post and your word that I read before.  (Ooops, that means I'm making a mistake by changing the history ?  :blink:)

Sorry, just kidding :phew::P.  My mood is probably too good for today because not many hours left until the drama will be aired.

I'd better posted YNK SHS blog link as your request. 

All are here --->  https://m.post.naver.com/my/series/detail.nhn?memberNo=33175148&seriesNo=448338

One pic is not enough.

15.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 1
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Is that Lee Je Hoon beside her in the first pic? On second look it's not...there's a tvN logo there

I think from the drama name, that was from ‘Oh my ghost’

May I add another one ? Really love her dress. 

6.jpg?type=w1200

• LOL 1
  • Love 1