Quantcast

12 hours ago, iffy21 said:

I am reluctant to believe this Stuart as there was no news ever reported that the role was first offered to WJW and then to SHS.

Same here! I'm just apalled at how irresponsible he can go by saying something like that based on whatever he likes to say. But his comments have in one way or another sparked some people to say WJW is a better fit. What a horrible person this Stuart is to spread groundless rumours and arouse haters on our girl just for his WJW.

Anyway I agree with you no one can take away the hard work and merit that our Hyesun girl got and worked up through on her own. 

14 hours ago, immorethant said:

I'm so curious why L dressed in black in this scene. I read some fan comments asked whether he is playing angel or devil ? <_< or reaper (like 'Along with the gods') ? Or is he playing 2 different characters ?

Is there any secret in the script that not yet revealed ?  

But I love to see him in this look. :wub:

I'm curious too. He's looking good in both black and white. Can't wait to see their scenes!

In the meantime, I'm going to watch this awesome teaser and our gorgeous girl on repeat mode too. Till the next teaser. I'm getting so so excited!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Love both comments of yours, @Ni Wen and @iffy21. Sorry I didn't quote your words because I agreed with every words.  Actually I wrote my opinion about this Stuart too, I recalled this kind of comments in 30but17 thread since when I'm still non-member lurking here reading all comments quietly. But as I said I'm trying not to pay any attention, so I decided not to post it. :P

I've been reading IG comments from Indonesian's fans, gave me hard time, because I don't know the language and have to retype 100+ comments in translator word by word to know what they said. From reading a lot, now I know a few words like 'banget', 'cantik', 'cinta' , 'keren', cocok'.  (Please don't tell my boss why my work is so unproductive today :P).  

From what I read made me so delighted that 99% are positive. Most people remembered her from '30but17',  many are her real fans saying something like 'She is beautiful' or 'She played violin and then a singer and now ballet dancer, she is so talented'. And there's no more comments like 'She's ugly', 'Oh..she's the girl from that mermaid drama' :D.

So glad to see that the more of dramas she did, the more she's getting well-known and more love from international fans.  I hope she knows that lots and lots of fans are waiting for her drama. 

:innocent::love:

LDessoW.png

Made me think of this favorite scene of mine.  :kiss_wink:

Just look at her eyes, you will know how good actress she is, portraying 2 different characters from the inside.

bF7SoCh.png

(edited)

Just notice that KBS changed Youtube video link again :crazy: , so may I post the new link here ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I forgot to mention, the track by Lana Del Rey (dark paradise) is seriously so appropriate for the trailer. How the hell did they think of using this particular song for it? Pure genius by the production team. B):D 

On the other hand, I am wondering when we will see stills from the second lead? I am getting curious now as we have yet to get a glimpse of this character. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

WJW is a good actress and an excellent dancer.

She would have made a good choice for the role, particularly if she has had similar life experiences to the character.

She likely was one of many actresses who were considered for the role, at least in the early stages of cast planning, perhaps when the budget/scale of the drama were still unknown.

But, since the majority of the role is acting, not dancing, and SHS is currently more of a known quantity (especially to potential advertisers), SHS is certainly a far superior choice for the role.

I would pick WJW in a dance-off, but SHS in an act-off.

I suspect that in the clips where SHS's character is dancing alone, she is portraying the blind/struggling to dance again Yeon-Seo.

Maybe the direction is to make small mistakes, that would only be noticeable to ballet experts, to show how difficult her situation is?

There is not enough information yet to make the comments some of the netizens are making.

Really like that quote by Botanic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

99CDFF4A5CB6994B2E?original

credit @thel313 twitter

P.S. After watching teaser again (one last time for today before I go to bed :P) , I noticed there are 2 accident scenes there.  One is car accident (with young Yeon-Seo and her father ?) and another happened on stage when ceiling spotlight fell down upon a ballerina (Yeon-Seo?).  Probably one incident caused her blind and the other one gave her trauma and not believe in love or trust anyone ?

P.S.2  PD-nim and Director-nim, I'm so worried about safety of our poor blind Yeon-Seo.

So could you please hire this guy as her driver ?

Spoiler

I think he got lots of experience driving a car for a chaebol woman.

srGRY0Q.jpg

Or if she insists to take a taxi, can you hire this one for her? 

He used to drive a cab for my favorite Ryoo Joon-yeol.

yNxlWTb.jpg

** Song Kang-Ho sshi is one of my favorite actor. He may not be handsome but he perfectly blended-in with every role he played. Great actor whom I admired so much. :wub:

• LOL 2

15 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Same here! I'm just apalled at how irresponsible he can go by saying something like that based on whatever he likes to say. But his comments have in one way or another sparked some people to say WJW is a better fit. What a horrible person this Stuart is to spread groundless rumours and arouse haters on our girl just for his WJW.

Anyway I agree with you no one can take away the hard work and merit that our Hyesun girl got and worked up through on her own. 

I'm curious too. He's looking good in both black and white. Can't wait to see their scenes!

In the meantime, I'm going to watch this awesome teaser and our gorgeous girl on repeat mode too. Till the next teaser. I'm getting so so excited!

I think it’s incredibly rude & lacking in basic social etiquette to bring up this actress who most people don’t even know for everything musical or Shin Hye sun related. There’s no way that many people know who she is & I wonder if he makes up those commenters the way he makes up unsubstantiated rumors. Based on what he said, “I was told Shin Hye Sun isn’t just playing a ballerina dating an angel, she is one.”  See?  Anything can be said by anyone. I’ve tried to ignore this person but he’s becoming a barnacle to our  beloved SHS bc she was cast as lead in a show w his obsession playing the supporting villain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gster3 said:

I think it’s incredibly rude & lacking in basic social etiquette to bring up this actress who most people don’t even know for everything musical or Shin Hye sun related. There’s no way that many people know who she is & I wonder if he makes up those commenters the way he makes up unsubstantiated rumors. Based on what he said, “I was told Shin Hye Sun isn’t just playing a ballerina dating an angel, she is one.”  See?  Anything can be said by anyone. I’ve tried to ignore this person but he’s becoming a barnacle to our  beloved SHS bc she was cast as lead in a show w his obsession playing the supporting villain.  

Ikr. Now it's spreading. I saw on another drama site a comment saying SHS is receiving criticisms due to her poor ballet pose and the role was originally offered to WJW. See how his unsubstantiated allegations had bring to our girl. This is not just online hate comments, he is spreading untrue and unverified news and inciting others to believe it's true and it's happening. This ridiculous person can't be ignored but there's nothing much I can do :crazy:

• Like 2

There are many times when I watched movie/drama that the female lead acting or script were so good and really impressed me, I thought to myself "What will it be if our SHS plays this role ? How will she act/express emotion in this scene ?".  (Lately when I saw her first still photos in ballet pose, I re-watched 'La La Land' and also imagined how good it would be if this film will be remade in Korean version with SHS singing and dancing like Emma Stone (who's also my favorite). And I personally think the story of actress in the film who kept trying for audition and became a star in the end is quite similar to our SHS).

I think it's a normal thing if you're a fan of an actor/actress to have dream/expectation of your idol to be in a good role that played by the others. But I wouldn't go too far and cross the line by putting bad comments about the original casts. To praise on someone you love didn't mean you have to disdain other persons' beloved one.  I think both SHS and WJW are good actresses and they may have good relationship/regard to each other. Imagine how WJW will feel if she knows one of her fan expressed love/obsession by saying things about another actress in a bad way, she would be disappointed.

Watching '30but17' at least should teach a lesson that jealousy never did good to anyone but to hurt the owner. So I just hope this fan will learn the lesson, come back from 'the dark side' and relive him/herself from this hatred like Kim Tae-Rin (WJW's character in this drama). 

That's all from me on this topic,  I've tried not to pay attention but can't stop myself, sorry for my rambling.

Better post a nice pic of SHS here. :love:

(source:  https://www.fmkorea.com/1745993097)

a79e1451a9a77c5b940f5afe6d4192be.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Love your comments and the pretty Aqutop pic :heart:

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh...I love, love, love, love this. An angel's smile. :love::heart:

credit to owner (@coejongseong3388)

Another latter pic from the same IG, in case you may miss it. But I want to show it here altogether.

8L7uHkk.jpg

tumblr_pcenwiMNp61valxs7o1_400.giftumblr_pcenwiMNp61valxs7o1_400.giftumblr_pcenwiMNp61valxs7o1_400.gif

(She's so adorable, let me borrow @meechuttso's gif)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Ikr. Now it's spreading. I saw on another drama site a comment saying SHS is receiving criticisms due to her poor ballet pose and the role was originally offered to WJW. See how his unsubstantiated allegations had bring to our girl. This is not just online hate comments, he is spreading untrue and unverified news and inciting others to believe it's true and it's happening. This ridiculous person can't be ignored but there's nothing much I can do :crazy:

I think we just need to keep pointing out his lies (I don’t know what else to call someone randomly saying things without any proof to support his strange agenda except fake commenters to support him - fake rumors?), shine the spotlight on his irrational obsession & inciting Shin Hye Sun fans to keep supporting her.  Sadly these days a lie that goes uncontested can grow if not swiftly put out or pointed out. Maybe SHS’s team need to know this and maybe they can sue him. She has a lot of sponsors that will not be okay w this bs. 

• Love 1

The comments on that koala site are a mess. Lots of netizens who are unkoalafied to comment making idiotic statements and conclusions. Have similar comments been made on other articles/sites?

The producers should have known better, however. If this drama is to be successful, it is probably going to need to do so on SHS's acting talent. Releasing stills of SHS in ballet poses, without context, was a poor decision, and left SHS/the drama open to varied criticisms.

I do not have much confidence in the non-SHS elements of this production right now.  

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

The comments on that koala site are a mess. Lots of netizens who are unkoalafied to comment making idiotic statements and conclusions. Have similar comments been made on other articles/sites?

The producers should have known better, however. If this drama is to be successful, it is probably going to need to do so on SHS's acting talent. Releasing stills of SHS in ballet poses, without context, was a poor decision, and left SHS/the drama open to varied criticisms.

I do not have much confidence in the non-SHS elements of this production right now.  

The comments are getting overboard over there. Spread to Dramabeans but not as bad there yet. You are right that releasing that kind of stills was a poor decision. I did acknowledge that her hand pose actually look awkward in that second full body still. If I was the KBS staff I would never have choose that photo to post. However it's just a photo and we have yet to watch her in the drama. And honestly the teaser was good, it wasn't awkward like that still/photo. I as her fan is ok to overlook that pose but probably not those haters and WJW fans waiting to pounce on every flaw. Hope KBS does something better in the next round of teasers :sweatingbullets:

• Love 1

They are just stills. Is she blind or not in the stills ... time will tell. They released it for curiosity. But netizens are always negative anyway towards neutral actors. Replace someone popular with Hae Sun, the comments might have differentiated. It’s normal. I wouldn’t give a lot of thought to it.

Biggest weapon is Hye Sun’s performance which she will ace it. I’m not sure but it could be idol fans worrying that she will overshadow. 

Also I really liked a certain comment ... it’s better to have an actor who can act instead of hiring a dancer who may not be able to perform well. 

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Good morning everyone !!

Don't worry or pay much too attention about those messy comments on that 'Trollsplayground'. (I admitted that I would spend my good day here rather than take another visit to that site :crazy:).

SHS will still be good with her acting as always, if she's not this good she wouldn't have come this far.

If you compare just only 1 aspect of her with others ...

there may be some who are more beautiful than her

there may be some who are even taller and slimmer than her

there may be some who have better acting skill and got more awards than her 

there may be some who can sing or dance better than her

there may be some who are more famous or popular than her

there may be some who have good personality like her

But if you look at the combination of all, SHS is an actress who has a 'full package'. She may not have 10/10 in every part but as an actress she's great for 'a must' parts and good for fundamentally required parts and acceptable for inessential parts. That's why she's a hot versatile actress now.

And if acting skill is not the most significant aspect required in all dramas/movies, then by now we would have seen many of real soldiers as a lead in all action movies rather than (put the name of your fav action actor here), or real psychopaths playing thriller/slasher movies, real doctors playing 'Doctor Prisoner' or 'Good Doctor', real priest playing 'The Fiery Priest', real prosecutors playing 'Secret Forest', or real tennis players playing 'Persona' (rather than my fav Bae Doo-na and IU) or real 17 years old mental state girl playing Woo Seori :D

I wish you all have a good Friday on this 'Good Friday'  :blush:

Fo6F3UN.png

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Can I have Hae Sun in knowing bros and running man for promotions?! 

I don’t know whose fault it is that she is yet to appear in them. Her variety sense is so good! I’m dying to see her in ‘em!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

I don’t know whose fault it is that she is yet to appear in them. Her variety sense is so good! I’m dying to see her in ‘em!! 

I actually hope she can be casted in a variety show not just a guest appearance for promotions. :D

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I actually hope she can be cast in a variety show not just a guest appearance for promotions. :D

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

Didn't SHS appear as "Seo-Ri" in Running Man?

Wouldn't mind seeing SHS make a few guest appearances, but she seems to always have too much on her plate to make regular appearances. Would rather she have some more free time to relax. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yes, I would like to see her as a host in a variety show about traveling and gourmet.  Wants to see lots of her eating scenes (my personal obsession). :lol:

But if it's not possible, can we have her and all the casts in Happy Together on May 9th to promote her drama before airing.

Pleaaaaaase..... dear KBS. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1