5 hours ago, immorethant said:

Finally, KBS updated their FB and IG of 'One and Only Love' script reading.

Finally! But my question is why only 1 pic of Hyesun while there's 3 for the male casts. So stingy, KBS ;):lol:

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Competing on Wed-Thu against Vagabond and Save Me 2 (starring Jian's Dad!) and Spring Night seems less than ideal.

Vagabond will likely be a ratings juggernaut.

If KBS thought DOL was a stronger drama than whatever is replacing Dear Citizens, wouldn't they have put DOL on Mon-Tue?

That's just my own guess since i can't understand why KBS had made such a decision.:D Maybe. Like "since we can't win anyway then just go all out or die" strategy.

Apparently I saw somewhere that it was initially supposed to be a MonTues drama but I don't know what happened to make KBS switch their schedule to WedThurs instead. We all know its impossible to win against Vagabond and I'm actually mad with KBS for doing that to DOL. KBS is always doing silly things though :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Finally! But my question is why only 1 pic of Hyesun while there's 3 for the male casts. So stingy, KBS ;):lol:

I asked myself that too.:lol:.  I think this time KBS might just try to please fan club of L and LDG, which is ok, at least they still put SHS pic first :P

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

This was well-put. I suspect a factor in her ability to consistently land roles is her kindness and sincerity. Colleagues recognize these traits, and want to work with her again.

I totally agreed with @meechuttso and @kokkuri33.  When I first saw her drama, I get attracted by her acting, but when I saw more BTS videos or clips from her interview, that made me love her because she's such a good-heart and lovely person.

I think the reason why she was praised from co-actors/staffs so much about maintaining cheerful vibe during hard long working hours, because she started from supporting roles.  When she got little roles, imagine how she had to drive to shooting set, brought her clothes by herself , and probably had to put make-up by herself either. Then she might have to spent long hours in the set just waiting until it was her few minutes acting cue on that day. (Compared to now she's a lead actress who has driver, hairdresser, make-up artist and costume staffs who prepare for her . So it's less hard work now and she also appeared in most scenes of the drama :lol:).

I think this past experience made her became patient for hard work and develop kindness and empathy to take care all staffs or co-actors, which might be a rare thing to find in actors/actresses who got leading role since the beginning.

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

That video is great. Now, I want to see SHS do training videos for EVERYTHING- household appliances, car repair, pet care... except her workload is already way too high. Never mind, then.

I wish that too. It seems she has good skill on presenting the products and I love how she can use her body language and her voice so well here in this video.  I think she can also be a variety show host.

For broadcasting time, Wed-Thu is not ideal for me too. But I still hope KBS will have something to surprise (like recent 'Liver or Die' and 'Doctor Prisoner'). :innocent:

4lFhct2.png

Soompi's English version of script reading news. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1312069wpp/infinites-l-shin-hye-sun-and-lee-dong-gun-attend-first-script-reading-for-upcoming-romance-drama

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

That's just my own guess since i can't understand why KBS had made such a decision.:D Maybe. Like "since we can't win anyway then just go all out or die" strategy.

Apparently I saw somewhere that it was initially supposed to be a MonTues drama but I don't know what happened to make KBS switch their schedule to WedThurs instead. We all know its impossible to win against Vagabond and I'm actually mad with KBS for doing that to DOL. KBS is always doing silly things though :rolleyes:

I thought I read Mon-Tue somewhere a while back, and Wikipedia has DOL on Wed-Thur AND on Mon-Tue (under the alternate title, "Love of My Life." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programmes_broadcast_by_Korean_Broadcasting_System#KBS2_Monday–Tuesday_dramas

I am curious to see what is placed in that Mon-Tue slot. 

With SHS in the lead role, DOL is a must-watch-as-soon-as-possible drama for me. But, if you replaced SHS with anyone else, it would be a if-I-read-some-good-reviews-maybe-I'll-watch-an-episode-or-two-in-a-few-months-after-it-ends. The story doesn't seem that exciting, and the promo they instagrammed made it sound even less interesting to me. KBS might have a better show planned for less competitive Mon-Tue slot.

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

I asked myself that too.:lol:.  I think this time KBS might just try to please fan club of L and LDG, which is ok, at least they still put SHS pic first :P

I totally agreed with @meechuttso and @kokkuri33.  When I first saw her drama, I get attracted by her acting, but when I saw more BTS videos or clips from her interview, that made me love her because she's such a good-heart and lovely person.

I think the reason why she was praised from co-actors/staffs so much about maintaining cheerful vibe during hard long working hours, because she started from supporting roles.  When she got little roles, imagine how she had to drive to shooting set, brought her clothes by herself , and probably had to put make-up by herself either. Then she might have to spent long hours in the set just waiting until it was her few minutes acting cue on that day. (Compared to now she's a lead actress who has driver, hairdresser, make-up artist and costume staffs who prepare for her . So it's less hard work now and she also appeared in most scenes of the drama :lol:).

I think this past experience made her became patient for hard work and develop kindness and empathy to take care all staffs or co-actors, which might be a rare thing to find in actors/actresses who got leading role since the beginning.

I wish that too. It seems she has good skill on presenting the products and I love how she can use her body language and her voice so well here in this video.  I think she can also be a variety show host.

For broadcasting time, Wed-Thu is not ideal for me too. But I still hope KBS will have something to surprise (like recent 'Liver or Die' and 'Doctor Prisoner'). :innocent:

I gave up on Liver or Die after 1 hour- was that a mistake?

For some reason, I envision SHS skateboarding to set. Or taking the bus for farther trips. Not sure why, though.

I suspect SHS's kindness and empathy were traits long before she started acting.

While I love her acting, I think I might like the BTS/non-drama clips even more, especially the baseball ones and clips from the breaks in between award shows (like the Dec. 31st award show, when she was hanging out with the 30/17 bunch during the break).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

I suspect SHS's kindness and empathy were traits long before she started acting.

While I love her acting, I think I might like the BTS/non-drama clips even more, especially the baseball ones and clips from the breaks in between award shows (like the Dec. 31st award show, when she was hanging out with the 30/17 bunch during the break).

Same here I gave up on Liver or Die after 1 episode lol. It's such a makjang show. I wonder why they did so well in ratings. 

I would think it's her own character and traits. Just her. Hyesun as a person. I remembered seeing her in her first interview during FE times after I became a fan. I loved the Yeonsang couple so much then but after watching those interviews I felt she was a very real, genuine, humble and down to earth person, and from there I went on to be her fan but not SH's fan. I can't explain how but her off screen persona is so sincere and endearing while he looks like he's doing everything for fan service and for the cameras. It's just my personal opinion and how i personally felt from what I saw then. But yeah, I still love the Yeonsang couple though. :lol:

I so agree with you because I love watching her in these off-drama clips more than her dramas eg: interviews, photo shoots bts, on the way to events, reacting to reporters in the airport, the Carlyn clips, the bts of her dramas, the bts interactions between co-stars, in between breaks of award show like you mentioned; seeing her bubbly fun side, humble and polite and always respectful for her colleagues, how she gets along so well and well loved by her co-stars and those who haved worked with her, I feel even more strongly that she is what she is today not just for her acting talent but because of her great personality too. 

Edited:

Dan Only Love and Love of My Life is the same drama, how could it be on both slots so the link and info may not be accurate afterall. Hmm so there's no drama planned for that MonTues slot yet... I'm curious to know what drama is it too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Guess I was right - It is a W/T drama! I think, it’s a good thing cause most of W/T dramas are commercially successful or is it just me?

Is it replacing Doctor Prisoner? What else is on right now?  

In 2/3 weeks, we shall have posters and teasers out! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

'Doctor Prisoner' was premiered on Mar 20 and 'My Fellow Citizen' will be premiered on Apr 1.

I guess that other KBS dramas apart from 'One and Only Love' may be delayed on pre-production schedule or not get enough shooting footage to broadcast.  So KBS had no choice but to put 'OAOL' in the slot after 'Doctor Prisoner' and for Mon-Tue slot they still have time until end of this month to announce which drama will follow 'My Fellow Citizen'.

Anyway, it's just a guess and now we can't change anything and I think I will watched this drama anyway and put 'Vagabond' into my list of "if-I-have-spare-time-I'll-watch-this-drama-after-watching-3-times-of-One-and-Only-Love" . :P

For 'Liver or Die', it seems makjang to me as well. What I said about surprise I meant its rating made me surprised too. Probably Korean audience tastes for drama was different from mine.  However it seems that lately KBS is getting to know how to make better rating than last year, so I just hope they will have some surprises to gain good rating for 'One and Only Love' too. 

Have a happy Saturday everyone !! :kiss_wink::love:  and I agreed with you all that it's SHS personality and traits too to make her such a lovely person and my most favorite actress.  Watching her bts and off-screen clips always like I have sunshine in my heart.

I really want May to come soon.

When it's cold outside I've got the month of May
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl) 
:wub:

QNKummp.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

19 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Edited:

Dan Only Love and Love of My Life is the same drama, how could it be on both slots so the link and info may not be accurate after all. Hmm so there's no drama planned for that MonTues slot yet... I'm curious to know what drama is it too.

Wed-Thu   DOL

Mon DOL-BTS footage

Tue DOL- "Life before DOL" documentary

3 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Doing stand in for Hyesun? Lol :joy:

Not sure if he is tall enough, though.

The tutor from Sky Castle just threw out a first pitch and there are so many instagrams of it and SHS needs to throw another first pitch!!

(Also Kim Seo Hyung's pitch was as bad as SHS's- the Bears need to coach better!)

• LOL 2

On 3/22/2019 at 7:01 AM, immorethant said:
I think you may be right, KBS may see that there may be some audience who tired of watching conspiracy spy thriller drama but prefer watching romantic drama with lots of beautiful ballet dancing and a handsome angel (which I'm one of those audience).  I just hope there will be lots of surprise in 'One and Only Love' script because the synopsis said it's 'unpredictable' romance.

Maybe a little over a month left before we see promotional stuff for DOL (OaOL? AFM:L?? LoL :crazy:). I am finding I actually looove the anticipation part of my fandom of our superb actress Shin Hye-Sun. Her 4th major work (as lead) to be aired soon (actually the 5th one with the movie already done). "Unpredictable" - I hope that's really really true - I hate it when it's billed as that and it's more of the same. So I am banking on that, but have my reservations about believing it already or getting my hopes up too high.

Personally, I think figuring out above plot questions are more interesting than watching spy thriller. 

Or as I like to say, great minds think alike. :phew:

- How will Dan meet Yeon-Seo ? What will be this scene that Yeon-Seo will speak harshly to Dan as below @meechuttso's translation.

Regarding speaking harshly, the soompi article said 'spitfire'. I didn't know you use that word that way - cool. I called it spewing venomous speech. I am looking forward to seeing her with this kind of look:

52297587_147003569669167_716128864769280

Cold and unloving, from a wound deep within her, perhaps shaking her fist at God. The words used to describe Yeon-Seo the blind ballerina, 독한 여자, I had translated before as cold, icy, toxic, caustic woman, but  the common meaning of the word 독하다, 독한 (adj) is perhaps best pictured as the complete opposite in temperament and disposition to two of her previous characters - YeonTae (my beloved Yeon-Doo from 5Children) and Seo-Ri (from 30b17 of course) - not naive, not weak or timid or shy nor given to letting others go first, not suffering for 7 or 17 years, and not giving up on her love to her girlfriend or to anyone else. It should be a challenging role, becoz it's hard to be lovable with a character like that, and heaven knows I don't want more of an unlovable character who doesn't smile for too long from her.:mellow:

Young Eun-Soo (SecretForest) was quite different and much more lovable, and a pitiable character, not having a normal young adulthood becoz of what happened to her father the judge, and very much a stuff of legends now as the 처녀 'Korean virgin, any unwed woman' who was murdered.:unsure:

Jianny (Seo Ji-An from MGL) was actually not one of my favorites - it started out great, then when she tried to end her life and ran away to In-Cheon to live as a recluse among the ajummas, I was so moved by her story I just cried and cried and cried. After that, however, it was all downhill. The story just deteriorated once she decided to go back and the stalking began (they said she was a femme fatale, or as the ajummas callled it, pem petale, LoL). Her character had no good reason for doing what she did for 30 more episodes, and the story went nowhere - she ended up, to me, an indecisive waffler who wasn't a real role model for strong and independent women or anything.

- What will be Dan disguise ? How Dan (who may not be a ballet dancer) will get himself close to Yeon-Seo and those ballet dancer circle.  Or will he apply for an assistant of art director (Lee Dong Gun's role) or as a staff under this ballet company ?
- What will happen after Yeon-Seo got accident and lost her sight ? Will there still be ballet scene without Yeon-Seo ? And the drama story will change its location then, but from ballet theater to where ? Chaebol company ? 
- How long SHS will be blind ? And how long we have to watch SHS playing a cold-heart girl? until the almost final episodes ? (I don't want that). 

Maybe L is also doing ballet lessons and will show us some moves too? But since she's a 'former' ballerina, he doesn't necessarily have to do any ballet to get close to her - I do wonder what her day to day reason for being near the ballet company would be, especially if she's really blind - ballet being a mostly visual art.

So yes, I don't want her being a cold-hearted girl either - somehow whether thru humor or thru a compelling story she has to have an obvious weakness (yes she's blind, but something more) that makes our hearts drawn to her, at least over time so we don't just tire of her bit**ing week after week, LoL.

What I am looking for in this drama, like any I watch, is the 'magic'. Maybe you guys call it something else, but just often enough this magic happens in k-dramas, especially when you least expect it, and I guess we all know, that why we are here. :w00t:

On 3/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, Ni Wen said:

I understand some of the concerns expressed here, but sorry I don't share in them. For Shin Hye-Sun, I really look at her 'race' as a marathon, not a sprint or head to head competition for each work against whatever happens to be on at the same time. She's quite focused racing against the clock or against herself, so to speak. Her focus and efforts are to trust the preparation work and guidance she was given to take on this particular project, and she's obviously giving it all she's got. Her drama works and her filmography will be judged by time and by the enduring set of criteria that would make it a mere passing fancy or something to look back on and see it increase in value and appreciation for the more we see it in hindsight. On that point,

Look at this fan web pages from Russia and Japan ! :wub: They gave 5 stars to all her main-lead drama.

https://doramalive.ru/person/shin_hye_sun/

https://wonwonpii.net/3765.html

(ha ha I love how the Russians are so generous with the ratings - hardly anything less than 4.5)

just looking at her filmography on that Russian site, that's a formidable accomplishment for our heroine who started at the bottom and has worked tirelessly to this point, having owned the year 2018 and now about to rewrite drama history of 2019, too.:phew:

I do think KBS trusts her and looks to help them be competitive in whatever time-slot she's been put in. I only hope that the writer has a compelling and magical story and that they are doing the preparations necessary to fully support her endeavor here. I am not concerned about what's on other channels or ratings - jtbc's SKY Castle is an example of bunch of no names kicking tVN's butt (with exotic Cuba and Spain locations, or even SBS' 2017 work Legend of the Bloated Sea also from Spain I think - what a disaster that was, only watched it for Cha Si-Ah, who wasn't even a good role).B) Morocco or the dark side of the Moon, cinematography can only get you so far if the story is not there - frankly I will try anything on Netflix for a bit becoz the picture quality can cover over a lot of content manure.:phew:

Need I remind myself that Shin Hye-Sun herself is no stranger to risk taking (short hair in School 2013, MGL with questionable male lead, etc) to challenge herself to bring something on screen that she has burning within her that's struggling to get out for us all to see. So I think the time-slot chosen is far from a foregone conclusion what will happen, and completely depending on the writing and the producers' roles, it will do very well,  or not - it won't be because of any lack on our Ace Actress' part if that happens, though - you know she will BRING IT! :sweatingbullets:

• Love 1

Always love to read your long writing @meechuttso  :love:

Have a happy Sunday everyone !! really want to give flowers and hearts to all of you.  :kiss_wink:

oYRNiPt.jpg

(credit : from DC inside)

P.S.  Regarding Cuba, lately I watched the show 'Traveler' (which has Lee Je Hoon and Ryu Jun Yeol, my fav actors) apart from beautiful exotic scenery which I want to visit there once,  I found that...

- SHS appeared twice in this show :wub:

- Lee Je Hoon said that he doesn't have a new gig yet after doing this show. So I just hope he will have time to do a drama together with SHS later this year. :P

• Love 1

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

it won't be because of any lack on our Ace Actress' part if that happens, though - you know she will BRING IT! :sweatingbullets:

That's for sure without any doubt. Ratings are beyond our control (and seriously ratings doesn't mean everything) but we know we can trust Hyesun to bring on her best. Like I always say, she never ever disappoints. Looking forward to see the upcoming teasers!

• Love 2

10 hours ago, immorethant said:

P.S.  Regarding Cuba, lately I watched the show 'Traveler' (which has Lee Je Hoon and Ryu Jun Yeol, my fav actors) apart from beautiful exotic scenery which I want to visit there once,  I found that...

- SHS appeared twice in this show :wub:

Wait. WHAT?? (/immediately leaves thread to search for "Traveler")

• LOL 2

@kokkuri33  in case you don't want to watch the whole show to search for SHS, below is spoiler, but don't expect too much :D Ha ha..

Spoiler

In the show, ep 1, Ryu Jun Yeol arrived at Cuba alone since Dec 26 and he said that Lee Je Hoon will follow later after New Year because he got to work as MC for SBS drama awards (here we got footage from the award , LJH with our SHS) .  And there's another later scene in ep 3 that the narrator said that RJY was celebrating his New Year in Cuba while LJH was being MC in Korea (here another SBS award footage with SHS).

It's just the scenes from the award ceremony that we've seen already, but I'm glad to see SHS unexpectedly because actually the show just can show only LJH as MC but they chose to show his scene with our SHS :wub:

Handsome guy and beautiful girl :kiss_wink:

WKnHmts.png

tPYYrp6.png

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, immorethant said:

@kokkuri33  in case you don't want to watch the whole show to search for SHS, below is spoiler, but don't expect too much :D Ha ha..

Hide contents

In the show, Ryu Jun Yeol arrived at Cuba alone since Dec 26 and he said that Lee Je Hoon can't come together because he would be MC for SBS drama awards (here we got footage from the award , LJH with our SHS) .  And there's another later scene of Lee Je Hoon, went to airport to fly to Cuba on Jan 1 after finishing MC job (here another SBS award footage with SHS).

It's just a scene from the award ceremony, but I'm glad to see SHS because actually the show just can show only LJH as MC but they chose to show his scene with our SHS :wub:

WKnHmts.png

LOL. I spent like 1 hour skipping through all five episodes.

It was weird watching LJH walk around on the set of "Encounter."

I thought there was going to be a scene with SHS giving LJH tips about traveling abroad, or something.

Also SHS and LJH should do a drama together. Or a film. Or a documentary. Or a marriage. They seem well-matched.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

(SHS, YSJ, with a bonus Jung Yoo-jin!)

8 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

That's for sure without any doubt. Ratings are beyond our control (and seriously ratings doesn't mean everything) but we know we can trust Hyesun to bring on her best. Like I always say, she never ever disappoints. Looking forward to see the upcoming teasers!

Exactly. My concern about scheduling/ratings is because those are factors outside of SHS' control.

Anything within SHS' control (preparation, work ethic, anime consumption) is certain to be handled well.

In any role, she's going to put in a great effort, and come up with a high, SHS-level performance.

It's the factors that she has no control over (scheduling, scriptwriting, directing, etc.) that can sometimes be concerning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Also SHS and LJH should do a drama together. Or a film. Or a documentary. Or a marriage. They seem well-matched.

Sooo agreed with you. I love smile of this couple and after watching bts of them I have a feeling that they both have some kind of cute and humble personality in common (I don't know how to describe). I think they will get along well in drama or in variety show :lol:.  

Oh...and I found Eng Sub version of this Carlyn video.  (There may be errors in some sentences that the sub didn't show, but that's ok for me). To the owner who translated and shared this, thank you so much for the effort. :kiss_wink:

(edited)

And old photo from School 2013.

• LOL 1