Facebook is down, Instagram is down, Gmail was down. :crazy:

But nothing can stop me from posting here.

Because our Shin Hye Sun is going Up, Up and Up....:blush:

MRyrvil.jpg

Fan art

Now IG is back, with new pic from Carlyn :kiss_wink:

More from carlyn blog.

nnAgRGs.jpg

hwWKGnX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you @Ni Wen  for Mike Wajoski's IG , he said 'Start' (시작) which I don't know he meant SHS just started practicing ballet with him or he meant today's training session was started.

Anyway, just see the news that 'Abyss'  (Park Bo-young, Ahn Hyo-seop) will also be aired in May.

Such a clash of interesting drama in that month.  We will see fierce competition here.

I hope 'One and Only Love' will do well.   SHS fighting !! 

e4oM02Y.jpg

W48rnYn.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Don't really understand the need for SHS to go through ballet training for a three-month drama.

No one can accumulate decades worth of ballet skill/experience in (two months?).

No matter how hard she trains, there will still be netizens complaining.

If her training/diet regimen is "Black Swan style", SHS could face future health concerns. 

SHS was hired for her elite acting talents.

Why can't SHS focus on the actual acting, and hire actual ballerinas to focus on the actual ballet dancing?

Technology, filming, and writing could all be utilized to maximize realism, without putting excessive physical demands on SHS.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Don't really understand the need for SHS to go through ballet training for a three-month drama.

No one can accumulate decades worth of ballet skill/experience in (two months?).

If her training/diet regimen is "Black Swan style", SHS could face future health concerns. 

Why can't SHS focus on the actual acting, and hire actual ballerinas to focus on the actual ballet dancing?

Technology, filming, and writing could all be utilized to maximize realism, without putting excessive physical demands on SHS.

Totally agree :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

Well, only time will tell. Good thing she is tall ... it will compliment her poses/posture.

In her past show, she played a ballerina ... they showed her for few seconds ... yet she looked like one. It doesn’t hurt to brush her skills. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, jakey09 said:

Ah! Can somebody translate the radio appearance of hers? 

I should be hiring somebody to translate all YT videos of HS-shi! Lol

Thanks @jakey09 for asking and @immorethant for the full clip link! The IG post is just 2 seconds at the 4:19 mark. I didn't realize before but this is a treasure trove into her past and what makes her THE Shin Hye-Sun today! Read on - we're in for a treat!

Yes some time ago on this thread I quoted this video, as an example of how she 'failed' at her first chance at radio - because she couldn't keep a straight face to deliver any lines. After that she went thru PowerVocals training and taught herself to control her vocal delivery much more professionally.

I didn't pay much attention to the content back then, but here's the gist of what's going on.

On her first radio appearance ever, she is introduced at 00:50 as 'most beauty assistant' by the host. She and Park Yoo-Han (in assistant fashion editor Joon-Ho role?) were so nervous they both giggled like crazy telling how neither slept well because of their nerves. Her filmography is introduced by the 2:00 mark, and for mention of her special accomplishment, the host brings up this:

2:05 모든 연극과 학생이라면 꿈꿀만한... (for any theater major student to dream/desire of...)

2:07 입시에 굉장히 중요한... (SHS says, "very important for entrance exam resume")

2008 젊은 연극제 전국 청소년 ...  ( Year 2008 National Young / Youth Theater Festival )

( listen carefully, she says, not just a big competition but  )

독백대회 금상 수상! ( Solo/soliloquy/monologue competition gold medal winner! ):wub::wub:

The host repeats, 독백 (monologue!) (but has the connotation of rambling to oneself, poking fun at her), saying :

Caption: 독백 웬만큼 열학에 미치지*** 않고서야 못하죠 ("Unless you are sufficiently crazy*** about this role, not something one can do").  [Side note - my favorite moment - 미치지 - meecheejee - crazy :crazy:]

Shin Hye-Sun just can't stop laughing because the host who knows the lines is quoting from the monologue, like "I don' now what I am doing!".  To which SHS covering her mouth points to her and says, "that's the way I was doing it..."  Host: "Otherwise you have to sit down squatting and start from that position... to get a prize, you see..."   2:43 mark, she asks, "What role acting did you do?"

2:48 - SHS: "Yes I remember that time. In a work called 시련, 애비게일 role, ..." (the she stutters to get the rest of it out).
Host helps her out at 3:00 - "Deserted by a man..."

3:04 - SHS: "Yes, that's right.  She tries to cling onto him. Tries to seduce him..."

Host: Please do that for us once

3:10 - SHS: breaks down laughing in embarrassment, "안되요!" ("I can't do it...")

After the commercial break at 3:30, the host asks for the Monologue now.

Are we curious what that monologue role was from??  (queue drum roll @immorethant or @kokkuri33).^_^<_<;)

It's Arthur Miller's play, "The Crucible", and her monologue role was that of Abigail.:w00t:B):ph34r:

Here's the split second dialog she says at the 4:19 mark:

Abigail:"존 프럭터 - 당신은 종마처럼 땀흘렸어요" - then she breaks down into laughter and can't go on.

English: "John Proctor, you were sweating like a stallion..." :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::phew:

LoL! Here's part of the transcript I found in English.

I know how you clutched my back behind your house and sweated like a stallion whenever I come near! Or did I dream that? It’s she put me out, you cannot pretend it were you. I saw your face when she put me out, and you loved me then and you do now!

It's quite fascinating to me that for her national contest winning role, she played this sexually overcharged and repressed Abigail. Sign of things to come, was it?:phew:

If you think this was just fun and play, I think it was a pretty major accomplishment for her and her art high school, and probably a real motivating event in her pursuit of her destiny as THE Actress we all adore, oori Shin Hae-Sun (Hye-Sun)! :wub:

To show you what I mean, you can see these very recent links for casting for Abigail and Mary Warren roles for the Crucible play - the winners had to overcome 250:1 competition! Perhaps the knowledge of SHS' success in this at her young age went onto influence this role as a coveted one, some 10 years later? :rolleyes:

That was fun! I am so happy I know this about her  now. Should update her accolades list on the front page top too!  Now onto other news...

13 hours ago, jakey09 said:

In her past show, she played a ballerina ... they showed her for few seconds ... yet she looked like one. It doesn’t hurt to brush her skills. 

I agree with @jakey09 completely. Even for a few second clip, I would love to see her do an actual ballet move that we can be wowed by. After all, one of the perks of being an actress is to get a chance to immerse oneself in the role, to try and see what it feels like to be an actual ballerina, and so in a real sense she 'needs' these lessons, maybe get tossed far into a spin move by her teacher, Mike Wajosky (you should check out his IG page I posted in the DOLthread). So I am completely ecstatic that Mike the teacher couldn't resist posting his selfie with oori Goddess - I hope it's the START of many happy days of her experiencing ballet and dance and all its enthrallment with the very best coaches and helpers. (And I'm also happy to see that she must've rested enough to not look so alarmingly skinny like she did at the awards couple of weeks ago - so good student Shin Hae-Sun listened to my motherly advice too!)

tumblr_poe6wve3YV1valxs7o1_1280.jpg

Finally, I'm even more ecstatic about these pics of oori Baby.

It's almost like she's Shin Hye-Sun, 2.0. :phew:  Look at those abs. The chiseled angles, making her look more 'athletic'. Even in her last week Carlyn photo shoots in her black dress, her upper arms are much more toned (at least in the pics, I hope they're real and not touched up to make her look that way), and it goes with her more brooding role, of an independent lawyer who left her mom and town long ago to make it on her own (in the movie Innocent of course), or the 'icy princess / heiress' who's not happy with the hand that fate has dealt her in the coming role, Lee Yeon-Seo, in Dan Only Love. I think this is all intentional, and she being in cow-mode, is still working diligently to mold herself to bring about a kind of transformation we've come to expect but still await with baited breath to see how much more she can surprise us with! :phew: But I notice her transformation, and I LIKE it so far. I hope this is coupled with good rest and diet and is nothing less than a real glow that exudes from within from a healthy body and a truly happy spirit in her state of 'flow'. I really do.

• Love 2

Thank you @meechuttso  for the clip translations and additional info as always :kiss_wink:  I really love to read your long message like this and reading this also made me want to watch 'The Crucible' again. 

About her ballerina training, when I saw her smile in the photo with 'Mike the teacher', I feel relief. 

I agreed with you and approved on whatever she's doing now, if it made her happy (and as long as she didn't overdo it and took good care of herself).  I think as an actor, it's good for her to accept the challenging roles with unique occupation (violin player, soprano singer, ballet dancer) rather than just ordinary one. And I think her ballet practice will not wasted, there will be a lot of ballet scenes in this drama because a) although verbatim name of this drama is 'Dan, One Love' but the script cover had picture of a ballet dancer b) if this drama is just about love and angel then the writer can wrote Yeon-Seo character to have any other occupations, so ballet should have some important role in this drama.

And I agreed that she seems to be in better shape and with some muscle, probably from ballet training. :lol:

Gorgeous  !! :thumbsup:

YBIyBko.png

This from DC Inside (big thank for owner who posted it). 

WaEmo0u.jpg

XjVuM2J.jpg

Y8HYf76.jpg

It's from 'Happy Together' yesterday's episode that interviewed actors from 'Doctor Prisoner' drama.

Lee Da-In who also used to play with Shin Hye Sun in 'My Golden Life' mentioned about SHS's personality that she's easy going and always took good care of people around her.  Every time they met, SHS would hug her and asked if she ate something already, that made she felt very warn and wanted SHS to be her real sister.

(I found some from the same episode clips in KBS Youtube but they're short clips and didn't have this SHS part, so I hope I can find the full clip later).

More clip from Carlyn :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Re-posted from Elle Korea.

So this goddess hair product CF was collaboration of Kerastase and Elle magazine. 

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2019/03/18/2019031800735.html

http://star.mk.co.kr/view.php?year=2019&no=161096

(from google translation)

Shin Hye Sun, gorgeous 'shampoo goddess'

Fashion magazine 'Elle' and luxury hair & scalp care brand Kerastase collaborated actor Shin Hye Sun's dramatic image was released. Shin Hye Sun, who was selected as the muse of Kerastase, stood in front of the camera as a perfect goddess for the newly released 'Goddess Oil Elixir Ultime'.

Shin Hye Sun, who appeared as a gorgeous gold dress with a sparkling sequined queen and a brilliant wave hair that shines brightly for the theme of this campaign, "My Shining Moment," was a brilliant goddess. She continued her busy schedules with films and dramas, and she encouraged (독려하다) the staffs and built (이끌다 - lead, guide) the atmosphere without exhaustion. In front of the camera, she was praised by the staff throughout the filming with positive energy and perfect concentration.

Spoiler

Saw some negative comments about this CF from netizens.  But it's normal thing which I'm now more getting used to that. You will always find negative people everywhere (like below clip).

More clip from Carlyn.

• Love 1

22 hours ago, immorethant said:

Saw some negative comments about this CF from netizens.  But it's normal thing which I'm now more getting used to that. You will always find negative people everywhere (like below clip)

What negative comments? You mean the Kerastase CF?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

What negative comments? You mean the Kerastase CF?

58 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Some of those comments on the Naver article about the Kerastase pics were a bit harsh.

SHS likely knows better than to pay any mind to such ignorant comments, but hopefully she doesn't even see them.

Yes, from Naver. But don't mind that 100 people who might never watched her drama. :P 

Anyway, I'm glad to see many of replies trying to defend her which was the sign that she got more fans, and also glad to see lots of sharing on Kerastase IG  tag like this.  :D  LOL

Z4uoOUC.jpg

• Like 2