1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Shin Hye Sun said, "I started the ballet recently because of my work," and "I feel that my body and mind are playing separately."  :joy:

This really made me LOL! It's gonna be difficult, first as a violinist then now a ballerina. But I guess she love such challenges. Can't wait seriously can't wait to see ballerina Yeonseo !

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

(She's so slim but good for ballerina role, can't wait to see her in the new drama.  But we will not see the short hair again, right ?).

I was about to say... looks like her hair has gotten longer again! :lol:

• Love 2

Full video link to celebrate. No more black or white dress, today she is RED Shin Hye SUN !!!  :heart:

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

@Ni Wen, yes , after I saw your post of Kim Bo-Mi practicing ballet, she looks so slim and determined for this role.  So I'm so worried about SHS whether she will be able to lose weight and have sufficient ballet training to compete with her rival (in drama). 

But seeing her today made me so glad now that we will see the most beautiful ballerina soon :kiss_wink: 

I just hope tomorrow will be May already , LOL :P

pyWF5c3.jpg

REnZZPi.jpg

7UcJgK5.jpg

credit :  

https://twitter.com/Haesun_space

https://twitter.com/dlqkdla_0613

(Some trivia)

I'm disappointed not to see Sung Hoon and Hye Sun taking photo together.  He looks very handsome tonight.

EjurSKU.png

Lee Young-Eun who played as 'Woman in yellow dress and high heels' (Jennifer's sister-in-law)  in '30 but 17' also came to present award today. ^_^

YW8DxPJ.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

This really made me LOL! It's gonna be difficult, first as a violinist then now a ballerina. But I guess she love such challenges. Can't wait seriously can't wait to see ballerina Yeonseo !

Isnt she wearing extensions? 

Long hair really suits her, make her look graceful. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Isnt she wearing extensions? 

Long hair really suits her, make her look graceful. 

Still wearing? I thought she removed? Her hair was slightly shorter in that latest Carlyn video.

Yes I agree long hair suits her! I also feel she kinda looks a little tired... as compared to SBS Awards where she was beaming with energy.

Hope to see her become an energy bunny again. Fighting Hyesun sshi!:heart:

@immorethant I wished tomorrow is May too -_-:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@titania1000

I’m surprised you mentioned fans reviews weren’t positive ... didn’t read them ... I always said, to me, this performance of Shin Hae Sun was such that if it was a longer series, she would have easily won a Daesang for it! So subtle, so expressive! I became a fan because of her performance in this.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@titania1000  Hello :)

From what I read fans reviews of 'Hymn of Death' from many sources (twitter, IG, websites), I found most are positive and praised her acting as 'phenomenal' level.  For some negative reviews I think it's only when the drama was first broadcast and people just saw only 1st episode (sometime I understand viewers have some expectation before watching drama and they need time to tune it).  Later when the drama was finished and people can binge watch all 3 eps and saw the whole work, I found most reviews are positive even from Korean viewers.  I think it's a win for SHS, she surely got more fans from this drama.  :rolleyes:

I agree that this HoD drama is not quite complete or not reach its full potential.  I think the only reason I want to blame is the budget. Personally I think PD-nim, director-nim, script writer-nim, SHS and LJS really wanted it to be a perfect drama, but they might got so little budget for this project. 

For SHS, she's the reason that I watched this drama over and over again, even it's so sad.  She's perfect for this role. :kiss_wink:

NXCLYa9.gif OmRyklJ.gif
4dCRbOw.gif 4VTYQaH.gif

(edited)

For her long hair, I read someone in DC inside said that she will do a shampoo or hair product CF (probably for Olive Young), but I still can't find any proof of that. So we just wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Those reviews are among the 1st ones i read when the drama aired on SBS. 

Few people on Dramabeans were  negative too (i'm talking about comments written before the recaps). 

But on Tumblr and Twitter, international fans seemed to have enjoyed more the drama.     

She did a strong performance but it's hard to say that she could have deserved a Daesang if the drama went longer. I think the change that i mentioned about the writing would have been really necessary to make her performance really noticed.   

Oh her performance was noticed! Lately I don’t see performances which desvere Grand Prize Awards! And her performance was pretty good! 

• Love 1

Oh wow I love this drawing. Really show how suffocating of Shim-deok's life.

:thumbsup:

(edited)

I wonder whether our SHS can do this. She must feel lot of pressure after watching Kim Bo-mi:sweat_smile:

Now I think the script must be so good that she accept this 'One and Only Love' drama. But at first she hesitated probably because of the ballet scene which requires time to practice to make it convincing (and she just received critcize about her opera singing scene) . Film and drama shooting schedule must give her many pressure so I just hope she does well (but don't overwork too much) . :kiss_wink:  After the drama ended at least she can have free time to rest and relax before starting new drama with Lee Je-Hoon in Sep (LOL :joy:)

• Love 1

8 hours ago, jakey09 said:

@immorethant

She’s doing a drama with LJH? 

Ha ha ha ....sorry , it's my private joke after seeing them both looked so good as MC for SBS Drama Award, I just imagined it would be good to see them in a drama together. :P  Currently LJH is doing 'Traveler' show, so I just hope he will be available for Hye Sun later in Sep :joy:

At first, I think for this 'One and Only Love' , I will see only actor/actress just dress up in ballet suit and see only few scenes of ballet with face close-up shot or using stand-in for full-body shot. But seeing both SHS and Kim Bo-mi practicing hard, really makes me so excited and my expectation now is so high as 'Black Swan'  level :P .  Come on, if Natalie Portman can dance ballet, why can't our Shin Hye Sun ?

However, I'm still worried about her as seeing she looks tired in yesterday's award, so please don't do it too much and get this same kind of agony (but at least 'One and Only Love' is a romantic fantasy, not psychological thriller).

Portman tells of the agony she endured to be a dancer

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/portman-tells-of-the-agony-she-endured-to-be-a-dancer-2173350.html

Ms Portman, who is hotly tipped for an Oscar for her portrayal of the desperately ambitious, perfectionist dancer, said: "There were some nights that I thought I literally was going to die."

The film left her physically and emotionally drained: "It was the first time I understood how you could get so wrapped up in a role that it could sort of take you down."

This article give some ideas on how hard the practice will be. (it may be not hard like this for SHS but I'm certain it's not easy).

Those Undulating Swan Arms? Not So Easy to Do

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/arts/dance/28balletfilm.html

[from Darren Aronofsky, the director]

“Ballet is something you have to be trained from a tiny age.”

[from Natalie Portman]

“It was a rude awakening to get there, and to be, like, I don’t know what I’m doing,”  “If I had known how not close to ready I was, I never would have tried it. I’m glad I was a little ignorant slash arrogant.”

“I think my body was kind of in emergency mode,”  “I’m not eating enough, I’m not getting enough sleep. I’m in complete physical distress.” 

"It’s supposed to look easy and painless and carefree and light and delicate and just pretty, and underneath it’s, like, really gruesome.”

Ms. Kunis, 27, described her experience as “ballet on crack.” At the end of her training, which includes three months of daily ballet practice, she said, she had probably lost 20 pounds. “For me it was kind of like: How do you fake it?”

[from Ms. Bowers, ballet teacher]

“The idea was, if you were going to look and move like a professional ballerina, you have to train like one, and professional ballerinas dance for 10 to 12 hours a day, six days a week, for years and years on end,” 

NoteAlthough Natalie Portman practiced ballet so hard for one and a half year and won the Oscar (with some controversies that a stand-in claimed that film used CG to superimposed Natalie's face to her body  (link) ),  she still got criticize from actual ballet dancers.

So I just paste those articles here to show how hard the thing that SHS is doing now and so we can prepare and expect some bully comments for our SHS from some viewers (who think actor must be able to imitate everything perfectly), which I will try not to care much :phew: 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 2/26/2019 at 3:15 AM, jakey09 said:

Her company listed her as “Shin Hae Sun” as well.  

On 2/26/2019 at 3:15 AM, jakey09 said:

Shouldn’t edit the name on this thread as well then? 

Agreed. Duly noted on the first post on page 1, but can't change the name on the thread now. Thank you @jakey09.

20 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Apparently, Dan My Only Love has just started filming. Only thing is not sure if it's only others starting ahead of Hyesun

Thanks @Ni Wen  I reposted your stuff in the DoL thread with some comments.

21 hours ago, immorethant said:

I'm disappointed not to see Sung Hoon and Hye Sun taking photo together.  He looks very handsome tonight.

He did. That ceremony was quite underwhelming, and I guess we fell for the hype. It's hard to put on a great award ceremony, but this one was crazy how they don't even introduce the names of the nominees, just a 2-second flash each on the screen. I think I heard someone say the awards were $500 (and LoL the KFC coupons - so the winners can go enjoy fried chicken and beer afterwards).:wacko::P

15 hours ago, jakey09 said:

lol, you were right ... it seems like she was busy being a ballerina behind the scenes .... she does look tired or am I over reading her?   

Yes, I'm afraid you're right. She has lost more weight and she did look tired. Enough to make me pray she's staying healthy. :vicx: That coupled with her not posting much or making appearances does make you worry if she's enjoying herself or personally struggling at the moment. Oori Hae-Sun-ssi FIGHTING!!! :innocent::kiss_wink:

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

She did a strong performance but it's hard to say that she could have deserved a Daesang if the drama went longer. I think the change that i mentioned about the writing would have been really necessary to make her performance really noticed.   

@titania1000 !! So good to hear from you, and to read your long thoughtful post again. Yes. I agree with many of your points - looking back on 2018, I think this short 3 eps had a greater impact than 30b17 for me, personally - and visually it was just amazing to watch on a big screen - her nuanced expressions were at another level in the role, and with all its imperfections in the story and the production, the role was still tailor made for SHS. So I hope she does more work with great cinematography and big emotional range this year too - she belongs on big screens.:P

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, immorethant said:

So I just paste those articles here to show hard the thing that SHS is doing now and so we can prepare and expect some bully comments for our SHS from some viewers (who think actor must be able to imitate everything perfectly), which I will try not to care much :phew: 

Yes I foresee such comments too. I hope these viewers don't go too hard on her. She's afterall an actress and not a trained ballet dancer. I also hope people don't compare her with that Kim Bomi then. I read that she started ballet from 11 years old, she majored in ballet and she happens to be a trained ballet dancer who became an actress. No matter how hard effort Hyesun puts in she's never going to be on par with someone who's been trained in ballet since young.

I hope she eats well and copes well. Seeing her look so weary, she really got me worried this time round.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Watching Sung Hoon at award ceremony recalled me of this old video from Jan 2017. (sorry, it was not allowed to embedded).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_eRRXXS5bQ

MD59zxF.png MQGQv7w.png

2ukLVan.png

ynw41Bk.png

(Due to my poor skill, all I can assume from the caption is that he was asked about the part he like most of SHS and he said it's her height and small face. :lol:)

Really want to know what else he said about SHS in the clip.  Could you please kindly help translate for us @meechuttso  ? :wub:

• LOL 1

9 hours ago, immorethant said:

Watching Sung Hoon at award ceremony recalled me of this old video from Jan 2017. (sorry, it was not allowed to embedded).

I think I watched this before and the host was saying something like Hyesun like him only for his broad shoulders (edited: for being tall. Yes this was the one after I saw your eng subbed post. I got the tall and shoulder interview mixed up lol) then that part of the screen turned black on him. :joy:

Or was it another interview? I'm not sure too. Because there were too many interviews when he was constantly being asked about her during and after FE. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@Ni Wen I'm not sure whether it's the same one. Lots of interviews.

I recalled there's a part about 'shoulder' in this 'electrocuted' interview on Aug 2016  ?  ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAXqS7OwSo )

Oh, now I found the version with Eng sub of Jan 2017 interview, yeah !! :D

Although at that time they didn't win best couple award, I think Sung Hoon must be proud with SHS that she won a lot later and become a star now.  (It's more than 2 years but I still ship them LOL  :P)

Have a nice day everyone !!! :blush:

jK4T2CL.gif

3DSTveK.gif OFwd9j7.gif

And a news update about 'Innocent'.  There will be traffic control today for film shooting. The news also said the movie will be premiered this fall.

http://www.jbnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=1237229

http://news1.kr/articles/?3558940

• LOL 1
  • Love 1