1 hour ago, Itsme said:

Me too...becoming obsessed. Just watch alml, then dig all her drama. Shs may not beautiful, but she is attractive and has sex appeal. A lot of beautiful actresses out there, but theyre not attractive and has no sex appeal. But iam waayyyy too late. Ive just quoting something from one year ago. Now the thread is quiet. 

:bawling:

Hey you, welcome to the thread! :heart:

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 6:45 PM, titania1000 said:

KBS forced on the writer a best couple award, that even SHS didn't understand (she said that they weren't even a couple at the time).

Sorry, in new using forum, idk if its ok to cut what titania said like this. But this one really funny. Win the best couple award when they werent couple at all. Seriously LOL. I read it and giggling alone like crazy. Very hard not to comment. Sorry...:yum:

On 9/11/2019 at 2:16 AM, Man-O-Man said:

The first K-drama I ever watched was Secret Forest (or Stranger). It was also the first time I saw Shin Hye Sun.  From the first few scenes she was in, with every new episode, my hope was to see more of her and less of everybody else. In my eyes, she stole the show.  When her character died, I was in a blue mood for days. But I got over it by watching her excel in her other dramas.

So I’ve been thinking about Secret Forest Season 2 and I’m a little torn. I know it will be really good but If only Young Eun-soo didn’t have to die in Season 1 then there would be another Shin Hye Sun performance to look forward to. But its not to be and I find myself recalling that blue mood from the past.

Alas, it’s for the best that her amazing acting in season one will stand on its own as a singular pinnacle performance of her early career. One that blew my mind and started my infatuation and addiction to Asian drama, Korean culture and especially to Shin Hye Sun. I'm so thankful for that because I'm loving it.  I also bow down to the excellent Bae Doo Na, who was the reason I watched Secret Forest in the first place. I look forward to seeing her again in season 2.

I envy you so much that the first K drama you watched was Stranger or Secret Forest. It is  a one off drama wherein the Koreans showed that they can produce a mystery thriller comparable to Hollywood productions. I find most  Korean mystery thrillers too frustrating to watch, insult the intelligence of the viewers and the writers always managed to make the lead characters looked stupid and incapable. I still watch Korean dramas every now and then if there is a good one but I always watch Shin Hye Sun dramas. First, because I am a big fan and I adore her, second she is a great actress and I think she has a good head in choosing her dramas. I was also very upset when Young Eun Soo died in the drama but I understood why her character had to die.

Edited by Elle Paxy
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 9:28 PM, Man-O-Man said:

After watching Shin Hye Sun’s acting in Angel’s Last Mission: Love, I thought I had just witnessed some of the best acting I had ever seen in my life.  Her acting, especially in some episodes, was so amazing my mouth hung open and my eyes popped out of my head.  It was deliriously good acting and I couldn’t imagine anyone else even coming close to her intensity, poise and instinctual performance, not to mention her ballet scenes. 

I am absolutely stunned and shocked that Shin Hye Sun was not even nominated in the 2019 Korea Drama Awards for her role in this drama. To me it was a foregone conclusion that she would win hands down any drama acting awards, let alone be nominated.

I don’t mean to disparage any of the nominated actresses, I know they are all excellent. I’ve only seen Park Shin Hye in Memories of the Alhambra and as much as I really like her, there is really no comparison between the two roles.  In my eyes SHS’s acting was by far more compelling, nuanced and penetrating.

How could such outstanding acting not be recognized by whoever makes these decisions?  What in the world could be their criteria for an acting nomination?  It makes me suspect that there is more back room politics and money involved in these nominations, than actual acting talent.  I’m sorry but I don’t know how else to explain this obviously terrible omission.  It makes no sense to me. 

It is not the Oscars, this is Korean drama awards. There are so many names I can mention who don’t deserve awards at all and yet win excellence in acting in Korea. Madonna starred in a few Hollywood movies, most of them bombed in the box office and she never received an Oscar, did she? Not in Korea, if you are a Kpop idol and you start an acting career then you will receive an award!!! I used to get upset myself about these drama awards but after awhile I just ignored them. I know who won the best actress (Shin Hye Sun of course!!!) in my heart anyway.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2019 at 4:00 AM, biscuit710 said:

I don't know if anyone has posted this but I think this is new :sweat_smile: Hye Sun was so surprised when the fan wanted to make eye contact with her and not with Myung Soo :joy: She didn't expect that at all. I mean if I was that fan girl I would do the same haha

In RL, looks MS has more confidence than SHS. Sorry, just talking to myself...:sweat_smile:

Relationship between actor and audiences/fans is reciprocal.

I believe when actors put all effort into drama/movie and received low acceptance or rating, they will feel disappointed, more or less.

And for the fans, they will feel sad either when not see much of their favorite actors.

I think she may prefer her fans to follow her works, rather than follow her personal life, that's why she didn't update her IG or showed up much in public.

My head told me to accept and respect that.

But in my heart, it's so sad...

When the first thing after waking up is to check for the update news everyday and find nothing. 

When you keep telling yourself that it's okay, tomorrow she will appear again.

When everything is so quiet and you think it would be okay if you just keep posting, sharing anything about her and your sadness will be consoled from missing her.

When you tell yourself to just keep going on even though it's so hurt to see less and less fans still talking, posting, sharing things about her. And you understand those fans because you also run out of things or materials to talk about her.

When you just realized that for all those that were shared, there's nothing that you haven't seen or read. Nothing new to make your heart beats faster with hope.

When you can't help asking yourself that just when your favorite actress became a past.  

When you keep asking yourself should you stop or keep going on.

It now becomes unbearably painful.  :cold_sweat::bawling::heartbreak:

But for all of those doesn't mean I blame her, I just can't resist how I feel.

Sorry for my long rambling, this is not a goodbye, probably I just have to take a big break not to think of her for a while.

See you all later when she comes back.

• Sad 3

@immorethant Less fans are talking here and I do feel it  too, somehow all went quiet after ALML and after all that gloom from the moderator warnings. Sigh, where has everyone gone?:tears: And im as sad as you for no updates on her. Hyesun has always been low key and inactive on social media in between projects these few years. It just happened that for now there is no news of any new dramas and no events that we don't get to see her, as compared to last year when she attended a few awards ceremonies and where there was lots of news on her new projects.

But I'll always be here. Always cheering for her and always ready to share anything on her with everyone. Hope this place will resume its liveliness again soon.:)

• Like 4

@immorethant @Ni Wen - I both feel you and I am also everyday monitoring news for HS. Although I haven't posted allot here recently, I am still around and will always be here cheering HS alongside everyone here. Unfortunately, there isn't much to report lately and I hope we get soon update on her Innocence movie as it is supposed to be released this year, while Tomb Robbery next year. Let's also not forget in less than two months time we will find out if she is nominated for KBS Awards (better be and also win). 

Honestly, I want her to rest as she has been on a cow mode for too long and when she does come back next year with a project it is the right one for her. Rather than feeling the need to accept a drama to be active. :rolleyes: Finger Crossed she gets offered the same drama as Kim Soo Hyun. -_-

• Like 3

FYI, Shin Hae Sun is mentioned in this article. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357611wpp/7-beauty-and-hair-styles-from-this-years-k-dramas-to-spice-up-your-look-this-fall

Long locks

Fall brings colder winds and chilly weather, so if you’re not in the mood for a short bob, keep your hair long and flowy — and we mean really long and flowy. Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) in “When the Camellia Blooms” is the epitome of a kindhearted woman who has a stunning beauty that is admired by the whole town. She doesn’t care about glamming herself up and instead keeps it natural and easy with her long hair. Meanwhile, ballerina Lee Yeon Seo (Shin Hye Sun) in “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” is the complete opposite. She grew up sheltered in a rich family, and her style mirrors that. Her long, straight locks are styled accordingly with accessories like pearl headbands and clips.

angels-last-mission.jpg

If you missed “Angel’s Last Mission: Love,” you can watch it here!

• Like 1