9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

This is just awesome. Although I've sort of been taking a breather while it's quiet, not watching any dramas, either, this place has never been happier for me as it is now, since we have such devoted and insightful fangirls and fanboyz now.:rolleyes:

This is a seriously astute and observant post! For a noob fan of SHS, you hit it on the nail, and articulated for us all here what she's about! I felt she was like Seo Jian a bit in real life, but never thought that she might have taken the Seori role becoz she's making up for lost time like her! Makes sense! That's totally her!  Thank you noob J-minion - you're already initiated, @jakey09

Lol! J-minion! I like that.

Is Hye Sun any of her characters? I don’t know ... I don’t know much about her to decide on that but I do know ... she has a very “cool, cold, shy” personality to her which I love. I think it’s one of her charms. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Not sure I agree here.

When SHS was "unknown actress #083189", she auditioned for available roles, shooting when she had availability.

Now, SHS is "Shin Hye Sun", and she chooses from available roles on offer, shooting when she has availability.

"Unfinished business" likely has little, if any, effect on SHS' decision-making process.

It feels more like a platitude that would be used in an interview, when the truth is uncomfortable/unprofessional to openly state:

Interviewer: "Why did you choose to be involved in "Innocent?"

SHS' truth: "I was available, and there was no reason not to."

YNK's desired response: "I wanted to challenge the role of an attorney again."

(SHS is very honest/straightforward, so SHS' actual response will often be a combination of the truth/YNK's answer.)

As for Instagram, SHS, particularly in the past year, has not been very active, regardless of her schedule.

Maybe,

1.  She is just not a big social media person.
  2.  She doesn't want to share elements of her personal life with strangers, for personal/safety reasons.
  3.  YNK has imposed specific guidelines on Instagramming.

Given that SHS (or YNK?) deleted many of her older Instagram posts ~ a year ago (?), I would guess that #3 is the biggest factor.

(It would be great if SHS IG'd more, in a safe manner, but I'm sure there are reasons the IG count is kept low.)

There are numerous qualities to praise SHS for, which is why she has a dedicated, growing fanbase.

But I don't really think "unfinished business" and "focusing on work over Instagram" narratives are among them.

You may be right but I still feel that way. I may change my perspective once I know more about her but ... I understand some of Hye Sun’s qualities ... she is a Virgo, so am I ... so I understand why she behaves a certain way.

I wonder why her company’s put restriction on her social media. Don’t they know today it’s the best way to communicate with fans and especially for Hye Sun who is just starting out? 

If not, she could be just not too interested. She reminds me of Ha Ji Won, Song Hye Kyo maybe she is a casual user like them. I mean nobody can put restricts on them yet they seem pretty casual. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I was wondering ... SHS new shows reading happened last month right? If the shows airing in May ... didn’t it take place a bit too soon? :ph34r: When’s the shooting starting?

Someone posted in DC inside that from staff's IG said the drama shooting will be start next week (or this week ? because it was posted on Saturday).  However, I still can't find that IG , so please kindly share if anyone find it ^_^.

As SHS posted her IG holding the script on Jan 22 and almost a month later KBS drama IG just re-posted the same pic again on Feb 16 (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4k4SiFiwi), so I think the shooting is coming soon (but I prefer KBS put more effort to promote her drama by posting other pics from script reading rather than just re-posted her IG  :wacko:

From L 's fan IG  ( https://www.instagram.com/theroom313/ )   , love his smile in this pic.

sG6KwQD.jpg

Have a happy working day everyone !  I'm late for work now...:P

U47ufCU.gif

lYhMEUf.gif

:kiss_wink::love::heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@immorethant Oo! Does that mean will be having more updates regarding SHS soon? That’s good to know! B)

He really does look like an angel! Huh. Hopefully this show has a happy ending like Still17! Otherwise Hye Sun’s characters are dying or having questionable happy endings! :lol:

• Like 2

Possible 'happy endings' for 'One and only love'.

a)  Dan decides to become human for Yeon-Seo (but I still don't know how it's possible because Dan has no birth id to get Korean citizen and to find a job).

b)  Yeon-Seo dies (again for SHS's character  :wacko:) becomes an angel and stays with Dan in heaven.

c)  Yeon-seo dies and Dan decides to leave angel status. With help from the archangel 'Hoo' who sympathizes with their love, both re-born again and meet each other in the next life.

d)  Ji Kang-Woo (character played by Lee Dong-Gun) dies, and Dan just takes over his body and lives happily with Yeon-Seo (the ending will be little awkward because it will be LDG kisses SHS instead). :joy: 

e)  There may be more in the script than we know now.  Dan might meet Yeon-Seo before he became angel and there may be a reason that his mission is Yeon-Seo. At the end, again,  archangel sympathizes with them and helps turn back the time before he became an angel and before she got accident, so both meet again in alternate possibility.

f) Dan is in love with Yeon-Seo despite objection from his boss.  To prove his love, Dan uses his power and sacrifices his 'angel eyes' for Yeon-Seo, so as archangel's punishment he loses power and becomes human.  Few years later Yeon-Seo with her eyes recovered achieves her dream as famous ballerina but she never stops looking for the guy who helped her, her 'One and only love'.

One day she meet a blind guy and she remembers he is Dan (I expect SHS and audience to cry a river in this scene). Archangel, again, after seeing their true love so he forgives Dan and helps heal his eyes. And they lives happily ever after.  (I adapted this plot from 'Little Mermaid' :P)

Just my wild imagination, LOL :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

If it is to be a May drama filming will probably start latest by March. I saw somewhere that it will be a Mon-Tues drama (and Vagabond is slated to be a Wed-Thurs drama:P) to be aired after Dear Citizens which follows My Lawyer Mr Jo 2. Which means we will likely get to catch glimpses of shooting from fancam or staff soon. Hurray! :lol:

7 hours ago, immorethant said:

Someone posted in DC inside that from staff's IG said the drama shooting will be start next week (or this week ? because it was posted on Saturday).  However, I still can't find that IG , so please kindly share if anyone find it ^_^.

It's likely true because the timeline coincides with how it was reported that Innocent wraps up in Feb. Can't wait!!! B)

Also hope to hear news of Innocent release date soon. Anticipating her first movie press conference as a real first lead. Gonna be so proud of her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

'My Golden Life' latest broadcast in some Asian country.

My Golden Life's rating in Philippines. I've never studied tv rating of this country , so I don't know if rating 7.1 is good or not (but I think here GMA network tried to show that this drama beat another drama from its rival network ABS-CBN). From watching promotional teaser, the latest aired episode was the one that Ji-An ('Gillian' in this version) was missing and Hyuk ('Luke' in this version) found her.

(We won the whole week !)

jgn3sIa.jpg

BOAMrRi.jpg

ENemwLx.jpg

(Teaser in local dubbed)

On Feb 1, it was also started airing (with local dubbed) in Thailand (the same channel just finished broadcasting of  '30 but 17' too.)

(Local name can be translated as  'Love beyond destiny')

SIUdR7l.jpg

(Teaser in local dubbed)

csTSUu5.jpg

The channel is also using '30but17' as FB cover photo. :wub:

In Japan, 'My Golden Life' (黄金の私の人生) will also be broadcast today (Feb 18, 2019) on TV Tokyo.

fpdQhld.jpg

bP8Wfkv.jpg

And I like this video from Japanese DVD version teaser (released for rental by Tsutaya since Nov 2018).

wBwdYst.jpg

Actually most of her dramas are already available now via streaming channel in Asia region with Korean audio plus Eng/local subtitle. The dubbed version may be a bit late but I'm still glad to see SHS's works shown to more and more audience. :blush:

Sources and credits

https://twitter.com/OfficialGMAHOA

https://www.facebook.com/trueasianserieshd

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/mygoldenlife/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/黄金色の私の人生/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/シンヘソン/

12 hours ago, immorethant said:

Possible 'happy endings' for 'One and only love'.

a)  Dan decides to become human for Yeon-Seo (but I still don't know how it's possible because Dan has no birth id to get Korean citizen and to find a job).

I wonder if it possible to become alive from death lol but it would be nice to have him shown to be in coma like KSH’s character in LFG. 

b)  Yeon-Seo dies (again for SHS's character  :wacko:) becomes an angel and stays with Dan in heaven.

A total no. :tears:

c)  Yeon-seo dies and Dan decides to leave angel status. With help from the archangel 'Hoo' who sympathizes with their love, both re-born again and meet each other in the next life.

That’s bittersweet ending. That’s a possibility, I like it. Yeon Seo would see again and Dan would be alive. 

d)  Ji Kang-Woo (character played by Lee Dong-Gun) dies, and Dan just takes over his body and lives happily with Yeon-Seo (the ending will be little awkward because it will be LDG kisses SHS instead). :joy: 

Ugh, please no! 

e)  There may be more in the script than we know now.  Dan might meet Yeon-Seo before he became angel and there may be a reason that his mission is Yeon-Seo. At the end, again,  archangel sympathizes with them and helps turn back the time before he became an angel and before she got accident, so both meet again in alternate possibility.

I’m sure there’s more in the script. One thing I noticed about Hye Sun she has a knack of chosing good scripts. Doesn’t matter if she has enough screen space or not. I think, I can trust her for chosing this one. We don’t see a lot of shows regarding reincarnation ... so wouldn’t mind this one either. 

f) Dan is in love with Yeon-Seo despite objection from his boss.  To prove his love, Dan uses his power and sacrifices his 'angel eyes' for Yeon-Seo, so as archangel's punishment he loses power and becomes human.  Few years later Yeon-Seo with her eyes recovered achieves her dream as famous ballerina but she never stops looking for the guy who helped her, her 'One and only love'.

One day she meet a blind guy and she remembers he is Dan (I expect SHS and audience to cry a river in this scene). Archangel, again, after seeing their true love so he forgives Dan and helps heal his eyes. And they lives happily ever after.  (I adapted this plot from 'Little Mermaid' :P)

Just my wild imagination, LOL :lol:

As long as there’s happy ending. lol!

One thing I like about SHS is her nasally voice. I’m just imagining her saying Dan-shi in that accent of hers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

If it is to be a May drama filming will probably start latest by March. I saw somewhere that it will be a Mon-Tues drama (and Vagabond is slated to be a Wed-Thurs drama:P) to be aired after Dear Citizens which follows My Lawyer Mr Jo 2. Which means we will likely get to catch glimpses of shooting from fancam or staff soon. Hurray! :lol:

It's likely true because the timeline coincides with how it was reported that Innocent wraps up in Feb. Can't wait!!! B)

Also hope to hear news of Innocent release date soon. Anticipating her first movie press conference as a real first lead. Gonna be so proud of her. 

If Innocent (Btw sucks didn’t have any BTS pics leaked? Wonder about her look.) didn’t already wrapped then makes sense for her to start shooting in March. 

Otherwise if the shows airing in May then promotion will start in April... they should be start shooting soon... photoshoot, anything? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I’m just imagining her saying Dan-shi in that accent of hers.

In previous drama she said 'Ajusshi' , this new drama she may say 'Angel-sshi'  :P:lol:

This video is a part from 'Channel A' program '풍문쇼 (Rumor has it)' which broadcast today (Feb 18) mentioned SHS (however, it's beyond my ability to translate, sorry :P )

WTDggHq.gif
( This gif from the show's teaser.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyIkgdQ5XqU

Translated caption: "From unknown actress emerged as a weekend queen. Actress Shin Hye-Sun. Her nickname is 'The girl who kissed Kang Dong-Won' " )

(edited)  Full length video. 

Shin Hye Sun's part is from 1.00.31 - 1.06.27

(short version 4 min)

ocs13Or.jpg

This guy really fell for her.  :love:

(First he said his mom watched SHS and said 'She is pretty' and other MC in this show asked him whether he also thought the same ?  So he admitted that he liked her :D  They mentioned SHS's interview that she also watched this 'Rumor has it' program and she said it's funny and when this guy Park Soo-Hong came out he gave relax (comfortable 편안해진) atmosphere (now he blushed).  He said to SHS that he followed her instagram , wanted to meet her and to treat her to a meal :P.

glYzMGZ.jpg

Actually this show on 'Channel A' previously mentioned her in Jan 2018 when she was popular from MGL.

(SHS part from 0.00 - 21.45 min)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, immorethant said:

This video is a part from 'Channel A' program '풍문쇼 (Rumor has it)' which broadcast today (Feb 18) mentioned SHS (however, it's beyond my ability to translate, sorry :P )

A great find, @immorethant ! Although it's put out by Channel-A official youtube channel, there're virtually zero hits - but to us minions here, it's a happy treasure clip. :wub:

10 hours ago, jakey09 said:

^ Do we have any translators here who can translate that for us? 

From the more recent link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRKQuwgEjsE

Heard it thru the Grapevine*** (or Heard it thru the Rustling Wind)

M1:     Seems all of a sudden I've noticed her on TV somehow.

F1:     Many people feel that way because SHS-ssi, last year, thru MGL, hit DaeBak...

Voice:  Yes...

F1:     and after that continued (연이어서 - back to back) thru SBS 30b17 to score big hits, and so among people hailed as the 'New Weekend Queen', has been numbered as one actress who can lead very high ratings.
            Because of that in people's minds, (she is) bit of a Cinderella figure.

Voice:  Yes...

F1:     "Is she not a Cinderella type actress, rising all at once", but in fact, 2012 thru KBS and debuted in 2013, after about 5 years of no-name existence, is a actress with solid fundamentals, you can say.

Voice: Yes...

00:52   At first, there was a special motivation that caused her to become an actress...

00:58   In a moment...

01:02   Isn't SHS-ssi a new actress?

(all repeat of first 52 seconds)

01:52   SHS-ssi, originally... had a reason for wanting to become an entertainer (smirks)

01:58   In grade school, watched "Autumn Tale" and

02:00   "Want to meet Won Bin oppa" was ... (the reason). If not for Won Bin, we wouldn't have Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, you see.

02:10   (Gay bald guy - Hong Sun-Chuck) Debut sounds just like mine. For me it was from wanting to meet Jang Dong-Gun that I wanted to become a celebrity. (laughs)

02:15   You met him?

HSC:     Of course, we're close.

02:18   (Pop-up guy) First of all, for an actor, you have to seize upon the chance well. MGL, to put it frankly, not to Shin Hye-Sun but to another actress the role went, but she didn't take it.

Voice:   Oh is that so?....

02:26   The male lead is Park Shi-Hoo-ssi, right? After PSH-ssi's unseemly incident this was his come-back work  following that, so it wasn't a work that actresses would easilypick up.

02:37   To a comparatively unknown newbie Shin Hye-Sun the opportunity came, and she seized upon it and after that with her acting abilities she rose.

02:41   For an actress, you see, if she's great at acting, that is what makes her look beautiful. And no matter how beautiful she might be (known as), if she can't act, she looks ugly.

Voice:   That's true (맞아요...)

02:48   In that sense, I am saying Shin Hye-Sun-ssi acted well...,

02:50   And in the Republic of Korea, 1 in 5 have all seen the movie in which Shin Hye-Sun-ssi appeared.

02:55   If I told you here which movie, you'd all say, 'Ah!'.

02:59   9.7 Million people have seen - "The Violent Prosecutor".

Voices: Wowoo

03:02   Kang Dong-Won-ssi, in order to get information, the lady employee who works at the voting office, that lady was none other than Shin Hye-Sun-ssi.

Gasps...

03:14   Therefore the one who spent the night with... role that was an object of many women's jealous rage... was Shin Hye-Sun-ssi.

03:20   In the SNS search term: "Kang Dong-Won Kiss Female" was always there.

03:25   Aaahh.... [LoL it's funny watching these people fake surprise.]

03:27   So she "won big over and over" (승승장구), then rose to #1 on the actor brand recognition chart last February.

03:35   This is a comprehensive and quantitative 'poll'***, you can say it's objective, so you can say not only for her acting but for her 'star power', she has been acknowledged.
*** See posts about rekorea.net, gooddata.com, here on this thread January 2018 B) She swept all 3 then.

03:40   (Kang Sung-Tae) Before coming to the studio too, I left my wife a (text) message - "what do you like so much about her," since she always says she loves her? I haven't got a reply yet, but. (laughs)

03:50   "Why does she like her so much?", because as you know, there are many really beautiful actresses,... so I ask, is there really a special reason why?:crazy:

04:00   Fundamentally, her acting is there, and she has a 'familiar' (easy to befriend, amicable) appearance.

04:05   In other words, because she's not pigeon-holed into a particular 'image', she can do melo(drama), rom-com, really she can do a wide variety of roles, ... she herself knows this very well I think.:rolleyes:

04:15   If you look at her face, her face is, what do you call it..   even if she were to put on quite a bit of make-up, looks young (childlike). And she looks cute.:wub:

Voices:  yes yes

04:25   Because of that image, those who think, "Shin Hye-Sun looks about 160cm tall," there are many, but in reality she's 172cm.

Voice:   You can think of her as another "Park Chang-Sook" (height-wise). [I don't know who that is.]

04:40   When she was on SBS (My Ugly Offspring), Seo Jang-Hoon (former basketball player MC) said this, "I didn't know she was so tall," and was surprised.

The End

LoL.:w00t:

The older one is almost 22 minutes about SHS. Will try and cover later.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Thank you so much @meechuttso for translation, you are the only one who is able to translate this for us minions :wub: .   That 22 min video I watched it since it first came out but my listening skill is so poor to translate what they're talking so I just watched the scenes with caption and opened dictionary to translate each word (LOL for my craziness :P), but just that already made me so happy to see how those people admired and liked her.   I don't dare to ask you to translate because I'm not sure you may be too busy or not,  but if you can find some of your time, ...please....thank you again.  :kiss_wink:

46 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

03:25   Aaahh.... [LoL it's funny watching these people fake surprise.]

Yes, fun to watch that , because all of them already acted surprise for the same fact (of KDW kissing and her height) in the old clip. LOL :joy:

46 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

02:41   For an actress, you see, if she's great at acting, that is what makes her look beautiful. And no matter how beautiful she might be (known as), if she can't act, she looks ugly.

Absolutely agree, that's why we all loved her and why she's so beautiful when I watched her acting, and more beautiful when I watched her real personality off the screen.  

zXelSB2.jpg

• Love 1

I really like what the narrator said. I was thinking the same recently, Shin Hye Sun’s professional story is like of a Cinderella. Started from the bottom. After working under the shadows of, such brilliant actresses, Park Bo Young, Jun Ji Hyun, Hwang Jung Eum, Bae Doo Na ... she really bloomed on her own! I’m sure she is yet to rise more! 

Btw, does anybody know how far Hye Sun’s scene is in The Violent Prosecutor? Everybody talks about it ... don’t feel like watching the whole movie!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks @immorethant for the video link! The old 22 min video is new to me, haven't seen it before at all, so it's a bonus to me! Now after watching, though I don't understand a single word, it's a long segment dedicated to her and seeing all these people talking about her, it makes me feel even more prouder to be her fan. She has indeed come a long way from an unknown newbie with supporting roles to someone who successfully made an impact on tv viewers and took the limelight to be discussed upon in a talk show like this. I'm just happy hearing her name throughout the whole video clip :D!

Thanks @meechuttso for being our trusty translator as always. That's why your minions here love you more than anyone :heart:  ... other than SHS :lol: 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

Btw, does anybody know how far Hye Sun’s scene is in The Violent Prosecutor? Everybody talks about it ... don’t feel like watching the whole movie!

Apart from legendary KDW kissing scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Y6zamR-tE) , she had just one another short scene here after that kiss.

(Pretty Yuna :kiss_wink: ) 

qEenfMS.gif

That's all for our SHS's appearance.  But if you love Kang Dong-Won or if you're also interested to watch that 'Shaman' actor from 'The Wailing' then you may watch the whole movie. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

00:10   MegaTrend star Shin Hye-Sun - there was a dark period in her past.

01:10   New face - Chris Johnson from California...

02:08   Today's topic/theme is "After long time of efforts, those stars who are finally shining brightly."

02:15   If you consider a 'hot' star, not only in the present but each nitty gritty event in the past also gets attention.

02:21   "Come-From-Behind (Life) Stars' Untold (secret) Stories"

02:28   The very first star, although it hasn't yet been a month in the new year (2018), chosen one of the most anticipated stars of 2018.

02:35   To give some  hints, "#Mega-Trend Actress"? "#Nation's Daughter-In-Law" "Kang Dong-Won Kiss Girl"

02:50   Bald guy (gay) - "this (KDW), of this I'm truly envious." 이거는 정말부럽네요 (laughs)
02:55   Many must be thinking that way, wouldn't they? Woman who kissed Kang Dong-Won - what could that be about?

03:00   Who is she? Yes, current K(BS) in My Golden Life, cast in Seo Ji-An role, Shin Hye-Sun-ssi.

03:15   5 years after her debut, she has been awarded a deeply meaningful prize, you watched the ceremondy didn't you?
03:20   Claiming the long-standing drama female actor Excellence Prize (2017), just like the name of the drama itself, she is an actress who's running in her Golden Life right now.

03:30   Shin Hye-Sun-ssi while receiving the Excellence Prize cried much, you see, and what made her deserving of the prize was that in 2016 through "Five Children" she was nominated for Newbie prize, Supporting actress prize, and Best couple prize, but did not receive a single one.

03:40   Voices: Oh really? Is that so?

03:43   (We all) Thought she'd receive, but at least this year for sure she would unconditionally get it - why? because MGL exceeded 40% (ratings, 43.2% shown) and last month, on the Korean drama actor brand recognition chart she rose to Number 1, in the drama genre as the Cinderella, meteoric rise....

04:00   Red lady: Correct. As you have stated, the drama itself exceeding 40%, epic ("w/o precedent and not to be surpassed") ratings attained, and getting it up to that level, that Shin Hye-Sun-ssi's role was huge has been evaluated and duly noted.
04:15   Looking forward to the past year-end awards, certainly, "상 하나는 받을 것 같다" (she would get One prize at least)... there was no way that it won't happen.  Others: of course....

04:25   Red lady: And even after having received the award, she didn't have much time to enjoy the happy moment, they say - because they are still in the middle of shooting, you know? There was a celebratory party scheduled after the ceremony, but the very next morning there was a MGL shooting schedule...
04:40   (SHS looking sad in the cold, not sure if practicing acting scene or sad in real life from the cold and the hardship)
04:42   They couldn't enjoy the party and everyone just had to go home.

04:50   And in the case of MGL, because virtually every scene SHS appears, so her screen time was so much that she wasn't in a situation to think about anything else, it is told.
 [@meechuttso - Wow, imagine how hard it must've been, really, makes me appreciate our Shin Hye-Sun's heroic effort all the more.]

04:55   Caption - Shin Hye-Sun - only focused on the drama (work).

04:57   Truly from last year and into this year continuing, is reigning with the very highest of popularity, it seems, and what do you think Shin Hye-Sun-ssi's appeal/charm/attractiveness??
05:00   "신헤선의 매력은 무엇일까?"

05:10   MC: I saw her in the ceremony, and ... compared to what I saw in the drama, she seems very, ... high-class image.
Caption - "드라마보다 굉장히 고급스러운 이미지"

05:20   She's tall too....

05:25   I've watched many of her appearances all along, and her metamorphosis for each character happens and acts very naturally.

05:40   Bald Hong Sun-Chuck - Me, she's not your protypical ideal of beauty, I have heard. (e.g., Kim Tae-Hee or Song Hye-Kyo). You know, those considered to be the most standard definition of beauty - such a beauty she doesn't seem to be, but she has charms ('is attractive').

05:53   Caption - Shin Hye-Sun who has the charms to make people fall for her - "사람을 빠져들게 하는 매력이 있는 신혜선"

05:58   When you watch this actress, while she does not possess the most vibrant colors, yet whatever colors you put over her, fit/suit her well - that type of actress... Shin Hye-Sun-ssi's very big strength, it seems.

06:08   For those who've done a lot of remodeling (i.e., pastic surgery), their roles get confused(?) but because she hasn't done much, you can build up any different kinds of (roles) on (her face), it feels.

06:17   That is true too, but when we watch female actresses, one angle is whether she has the innocent beauty (청순미) or not. That those who have the innocent beauty are the ones who go on to become top stars - this is their basic (foundational) appeal, I think.

06:28   Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, among them, has the innocent appeal, and is showing it to us.

06:34   Yellow/orange lady: I had done an interview with her once, and I had only seen her on screen and then got to do this interview with her - soon as I saw her I held her hand and said, "you are 10,000x more beatiful (pretty) in real life." "실물이 일만 배는 예뻐요."

06:45   When I said, "you are 10000 times more pretty in real life", in fact, that could be construed kind of as a not such a polite thing to say, right, but Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, smiling, as if joking, "I hear that sentiment often".

06:53   Dude in red: Similar to me. (implying that he hears that he's more handsome in real life often) (laughs)

06:57   MC: Don't they say they don't recognize you in real life??

07:00   Chris Johnson from Cali - From what I can see, what is very attractive (about SHS) for me, she seems very pure (순수해 보여).

Voice:  You watch the drama?

07:05   CJ: Yes, I watch the drama intently. Personally I much like Mak-Jang type dramas.

07:15   Female MC: Have you seen me much then? [ I guess she's a daily morning drama - mak-jang-fest star? ]

07:20   Is she much Mak-Jang?

07:25   MC: No she's not makjang, does makjang drama... CJ: Mak-jang professional....

07:30   CJ: The content of this drama, is a bit mak-jang-ish. In America they have dramas too, but this is the kind of stuff that can only happen in Korean dramas. Yes, unbelievab... unimaginable scenarios come out. Very novel too and totally engrossing.

Voice:  Enough for even Chris to acknowledge. Caption - Even to an American new and interesting.

07:52   Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, as you know, in MGL, is really in the middle of her 'drama work of a lifetime'. There truly are many praises from all corners, and while she has her natural acting abilities, there is also much she herself honed and refined ('ground and sharpened').
08:04   As for me, I am one of the people who really loves Shin Hye-Sun-ssi's voice.

4 scenes by SHS - 1. I am not Oppa's little sister. 2. Every day I wanted to die - it a world where my effort alone isn't enough. 3. I like you. Yes I like you I said I like you.  4. How can I not be mindful of you, you beggarly son-of-a...!!

08:18   And in order to properly get hold of the tone of her voice, previously she received vocal training*** and spent much effort trying to find the right tones that match (different scenes) well.
***Somewhere you can see my post on this thread about PowerVocal instagram post.

08:28   And the viewers, shall I call it strict(?) advertisement? The kind of advertisement that requires too highly refined or sophisticated feminine appearance that doesn't fit the current character's role, if one were to shoot CF with that look, there would be a sense of disconnect ('alienation'?), so she would forego the opportunity at big profit and focus solely on the character role, and she will do advertisements at a later time.

08:53   While Shin Hye-Sun-ssi is making this much of an effort, but in fact she wasn't the first choice for the role....

09:05   There were on the list of actresses those with more experience who could command more attention, viewership, etc., but the fact that this is a 50-episode ... passed ... and SHS had seized upon that opportunity.

09:30   And another actress who was on the list could have passed because this was a weekend drama, thinking mini-series would be the path to the top-stardom. But the fact is if you are cast as the lead actress in a KBS weekend drama, then from there it's truly fast-track to the top as an actress.

09:58   And we had told you that Shin Hye-Sun-ssi herself was not the first choice for MGL, well actually she had already been offered the lead in another really well known drama, so actually, I was in preparation to write that story, but the manger had blocked me - to tell you the truth right now, (SHS agency) called to say that "there is another drama which she can start on, but that she is keeping an eye on MGL (casting situation), that she badly wanted to get into MGL, and in fact if she can get into MGL, she would let go of everything else." So frankly she was waiting.

10:35   So our company (representing MGL casting) wrote her a letter to tell her that she has won the casting, and at the time Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, too, had been very much nervous because if MGL hadn't worked out she could have gone to another role, but that she would always be sad about that missed opportunity.

10:50   MC: Because (SHS) wanted to do "My Golden Life"...

10:55   Because she had so badly wanted to do the MGL, all the more she seems to have poured everything into this work.

11:05   Among moms too, recently, everyone wants to have her as their daughter-in-law. And my mom asked me about her but I didn't know much about her and couldn't reply, so I looked her up.

11:15   Many people thought Shin Hye-Sun, immediately after her debut, became a hot star, but to her there was an unfulfilled wish about her debut. This was 2012 work released as 'School 2013', and she had a very small role in which there may or may not be 1 line of dialog in all the episodes.

11:40   When she received her Excellence Prize, (because of such an experience) she may have teared up all the more we think, and "from the same broadcast station (KBS) that she could receive an award like this, emotions were new (unexpected), I didn't think such a day would come," she had expressed also.

11:55   From college on she really worked hard going to auditions. But the problem was she would not get past the paper submissions, and she would not even have opportunity for auditions. When her friends told her she had audtioned a 100 times and it's too hard, from SHS's situation, even getting rejected would be nice, if only she were to be even given a chance to fail, was her wish.

12:25   Therefore, whatever she does, there is a bit of a feeling of 'desperation' ('간절함'), for Shin Hye-Sun-ssi.

12:30   So how did she get cast in School 2013 then?

12:33   First off, the chance at the audition itself, was an extremely difficult process she says. She went to the audition, and noticed that the other hopefuls all had had long hair. Slightly permed long hair look. How she could be noticed by the judges, the producers, she struggled with that question briefly, then realized, ah, I should get a short cut.
12:55   That was a very precious long hair she had grown, since this isn't the only work she would try, and yet she cut it very short and went. If this wasn't going to work out she may have to grow it again, but... at any rate she was cast in this work. Even after his debut for some time there was sporadic work not being able work as much as she wished.

13:20   Right now, when she keeps getting these drama love calls, in this present moment she feels she must be very grateful for, and without ceasing, she will continue to work.

13:32   CJ - (quoting a Korean proverb): 될성부른 나무는 떡잎부터 알아본다 it is said. "A tree that will grow tall, you can tell from the very first leaf". (Others: ooh aah - (impressed by his wisdom and knowledge of Korean sayings)).

13:38   CJ: Shin Hye-Sun, too, would be included in this instance? (laughs)

13:42   Red lady: For Kim Woo-Bin, Lee Jong-Suk interview I went to the 'School 2013' shooting scene. And even back then, Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, was working without an agent. So she was taking care of all the arrangements, received messages, drove herself to the shooting location.

14:08   So in that classroom, all the actors are gathered together, and as you come and go you can see how each one is cared for by each agency, and really, a situation where you can't help but compare one against the other,....

14:25   Shin Hye-Sun-ssi was forthrightly (꿋꿋하게, not discouraged or cowering) going back and forth alone, sitting quietly by herself and looking at her script, (again) uprightly (꿋꿋하게) and with much effort who carried on her acting, is what remains in my memory, but frankly

14:35   Among the staff, because she was such a quiet person, couldn't say that she was someone that caught your eyes.
14:40   Whether this kid could succeed later, we had even worried about, but watching her do so very well like this, everyone is totally surprised I am told.

14:50   CJ: Without any inferiority complex, just being faithful to the task at hand... there's a reason why it's turned out like this (this well).
14:58   Red shirt dude: "He (CJ) keeps using difficult vocab words."

15:10   I was able to hear her story from the manager who chose Shin Hye-Sun-ssi, and this CEO at the time when he first saw her was a casting director then.

15:30   As a casting director you meet many actors from many agencies of course, and he says among them that Shin Hye-Sun stood out slightly as being independent. First off her face was pretty, and tallish, had 'possibilities', but her desire to work (hard) seemed unique and special.

15:42   So the casting director told her, at some point in the future I will be doing manager work again, and when I set up my company would you come work with me?, he requested. And truly as almost by miracle, at the time that the casting director was setting up the company, Shin Hye-Sun herself was looking for an talent agency, too.

16:00   SHS: CEO-nim, can you please take me? "대표님 저와 함께 해주시겠어요?"

16:02   MC: It was fate wasn't it.

16:05   Those congratulating her from all around because this was the first time she started receiving managment from a real legitimate talent agency. Because of that, everyone working together in a real family-like atmosphere.

16:20   Within 4 or 5 years after debut she has succeeded - from a small role debut to weekend lead role top prize in 5 years... it's enough to make one tear up, and it feels like it has taken some time, she's not a newbie.

16:35   Each year she did 2~3 (drama) work steadily. You know of them.

16:43   First off, Cho Seung-Woo, Bae Doo-Na's "Secret Forest".

16:48   Jeon Ji-Hyeon, Lee Min-Ho's "Legend of the Blue Sea".

16:52   Park Bo-Young's "Oh My Ghostess". She kept building up her filmography.

16:58   She appeared, but she doesn't remain big in your memory, right?

17:00   Ironically, when she began to receive attention was a single role without a dialog

17:10   The movie "Violent Prosecutor".  Voices: "She was in that?"

17:20   Actually VP recorded nearly 10 million viewers.

17:28   Kang Dong-Won-ssi the woman who kissed him.
17:44   But imagine. When you say Kang Dong-Won, ... although many actresses, no kiss scenes....

18:00   And that kiss scene, was hot and well done. So SHS's nickname - "KDW's Kiss Girl"
 :w00t:

18:13   Guest host in white - For this role I, too, had auditioned.
Everyone - For reals?? !!! Wow!!

18:20   MC: Should have done it.

18:25   Of course I wanted to do it too. I even knew at the time that it's with Kang Dong-Won.

18:35   MC: Because she looks elegant and sheik....
18:40   I am? Really? [MC tries to make her feel better by telling her she looked too hot to be a clerk, unlike SHS.]
18:50   Her white fur like a 'hip hop swag' wrapper.

18:53   MC: Didn't work out?
18:54   No it didn't. Watching the movie (clapping her hands), that should have been me. (LoL!)
19:00   MC: You must try your best at everything.
19:09   Of course I tried my best - it's Kang Dong-Won-ssi. Caption - For sure next time.

19:15   But what makes Shin Hye-Sun's heart race is another man.
19:25   In her grade school, watching 'Autumn Tale', she had a crush on Won Bin (oppa).
19:35   To meet Won Bin (oppa) I must become an actress, she resolved.

19:40   What made today's Shin Hye-Sun-ssi - can be said, is Won Bin.

19:48   It's common when an entertainer becomes famous, you hear that they changed.
19:54   Is there something you reporters hear regarding Shin Hye-Sun-ssi?

19:55   Baldy: Your shoulder a bit more square when you walk??

20:00   Red Lady: She greets (everyone) really well. And when asked her close friend, says so far she's still very polite (well-mannered).

20:15   And after MGL, about 10 new projects (offers) have come in. So she's looking at those, and ad spots, too, many offers have been coming in now, and even as so many (love calls) coming in, she's not changed at all (yet), and as the 'polite actress' she is known for still.
20:40   The manager says that frankly lugging around SHS's profile and trying to convince (sell) was very difficult. But now, if he stays put people call him so much and "Hye-Sun is the one feeding me" (making him rich).

21:00   I asked the CF agency how much her CF revenue is, and he tells me, "hit a goldmine" (or 'motherlode!').

21:09   Shin Hye-Sun is 2018's most hot actress.

21:14   If you look at her CF so far, you have what, Pizza, Ginseng-sucking, now things have changed. Because in her Seo JiAn role, with her 20's-30's women's most desired outfits, expected to get many offers from fashion and apparel.

21:33   Compared to now, 5-fold, upto 20-fold increase in her price is possible.

This episode was such apt tribute to our great Actress, the star of this humble but loving thread - the incomparable Shin Hye Sun !!  :innocent:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@meechuttso  Oh..the translation of this clip is the thing that I've been waited for many months dying with curiosity to know what they talked about her.

I don't know how can I thank you enough for this. I hope these gifs can tell how grateful and happy I am right now.  :kiss_wink::blush: :relaxed::innocent:  I will spend my time re-watch the clip and enjoy that translation of all the praise for our Shin Hye Sun. 

VO97MWo.gif 

WjpgAZ0.gif

u3tjyvU.gif

SSYA1tN.gif

jh1lpdA.gif

GUMkQ9V.gif

eIMZ06Y.gif

We all SHS's lovers can celebrate now !!

kzbsIBM.gif

(edited - some parts that I love)

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

well actually she had already been offered the lead in another really well known drama,

This is new knowledge for me. But I'm glad that it's a proof that she got her lead role not because she's lucky, but because her competence and hard working finally paid off . If she didn't get MGL's role she will get with another drama anyway.

"there is another drama which she can start on, but that she is keeping an eye on MGL (casting situation), that she badly wanted to get into MGL, and in fact if she can get into MGL, she would let go of everything else."

This is the proof of how well she had eyes for selecting a good script and the way she decided to wait for MGL shown that she made decision on how she felt passionate for that work, even it's a weekend-drama. She listened to the sound of her heart rather than from the others (this recalled me of Seo-Ri's decision :P). 

I hope she selected to do 'Innocent' and 'One and Only Love' with this same reason too. 

She went to the audition, and noticed that the other hopefuls all had had long hair. Slightly permed long hair look. How she could be noticed by the judges, the producers, she struggled with that question briefly, then realized, ah, I should get a short cut

I love this ambition and her cleverness to make herself noticeable, to create herself an opportunity and again her determination to take it to the limit.

So in that classroom, all the actors are gathered together, and as you come and go you can see how each one is cared for by each agency, and really, a situation where you can't help but compare one against the other,....

:cry: crying now reading from 14.08-14.50,  how much strength required for this girl to go on doing like this for many years without giving up of her dream.  That's the character that made me admired and wish all success for her. 

Keep fighting our beloved Shin Hye Sun !  :kiss_wink: Don't think, feel !!!

QbnpH9D.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1