• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

Hola friends!

Spoiler

Whoa this place has some ominous vibes with notices of everybody leaving - is this place coming to and end? That can't be - 2020 is hard enough without Soompi cancelling on us.

Be well everyone, Fighting, oori-Hye-Sun-ssi :7555_attack:

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

Just started watching Five Enough! and I'm so glad I gave it a try! Even though Hye Sun unnie was not the lead, I love her character , pure and simple and her love story with Sang Min, omg!!!! I also like the other cast. Sung Hoon is the best among her leading men for me. I wish they will be paired up as the leads in a romcom drama. 

By the way,   Imade a fan art manga inspired by her last drama Angel's Last mission. Hope you check it out ^--^ chingus

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 8/14/2020 at 3:14 PM, meechuttso said:

Whoa this place has some ominous vibes with notices of everybody leaving - is this place coming to and end? That can't be - 2020 is hard enough without Soompi cancelling on us.

Who's leaving or have left?? :tears:

I hope that few of us remain. Just know I'll always be here even if i do not post regularly. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Who's leaving or have left?? :tears:

I hope that few of us remain. Just know I'll always be here even if i do not post regularly. 

Me too. I want to always be here, so we can honor the amazing Shin Hae Sun together. I cherish this place and the people who come here.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Hi, just want to say that my heart is still here with Soompi forum.:biubiu:

However, lately I felt bored with many rules and limitations from Soompi that we can't post IG  and it's so difficult to post photo. It made less fun when we want to talk about our beloved actress but can't show photo or video from some sources. 

I think that I've talked a lot about my admiration for SHS so far. I still feel the same love and admiration for her but somehow I just don't know what to say more or express with new different words or new fan-made photo or video. Probably I've run out of idea. :P 

And also sometimes I'm not sure if I posted too many that stopped other member from participation.  

It's ok to talk a lot or talk alone in our own home or own space,  but sometimes I feel embarrased and awkward that I talked too much in public space. 

For me this is not that I will leave this place or say goodbye, as long as I'm still Shin Hye Sun's fan.  B)

Recently I'm really glad to see new members here and new IG or twitter accounts posting about Shin Hye Sun , and also nice fan group in Facebook.  I hope she will gain more and more fans when her new drama or movie released.

I will still visit this place from time to time, but I think it's time to reduce my public activity and let new members to make this therad flourish with new fresh things or ideas.

Spoiler

But for anyone who craves for SHS's trivia & news, you can visit my personal blog

At least it's my little space that I can do anything I want.  But please don't expect too much. Frequency of updates and contents depend on my mood and how much time I have. :P

Love you all. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, immorethant said:

Hi, just want to say that my heart is still here with Soompi forum.:biubiu:

However, lately I felt bored with many rules and limitations from Soompi that we can't post IG  and it's so difficult to post photo. It made less fun when we want to talk about our beloved actress but can't show photo or video from some sources. 

I think that I've talked a lot about my admiration for SHS so far. I still feel the same love and admiration for her but somehow I just don't know what to say more or express with new different words or new fan-made photo or video. Probably I've run out of idea. :P 

And also sometimes I'm not sure if I posted too many that stopped other member from participation.  

It's ok to talk a lot or talk alone in our own home or own space,  but sometimes I feel embarrased and awkward that I talked too much in public space. 

For me this is not that I will leave this place or say goodbye, as long as I'm still Shin Hye Sun's fan.  B)

Recently I'm really glad to see new members here and new IG or twitter accounts posting about Shin Hye Sun , and also nice fan group in Facebook.  I hope she will gain more and more fans when her new drama or movie released.

I will still visit this place from time to time, but I think it's time to reduce my public activity and let new members to make this therad flourish with new fresh things or ideas.

Hide contents

But for anyone who craves for SHS's trivia & news, you can visit my personal blog

At least it's my little space that I can do anything I want.  But please don't expect too much. Frequency of updates and contents depend on my mood and how much time I have. :P

Love you all. :heart:

I love all your posts, always have, always will. I really respect your abilities and perspective and dedication. I blame Covid for casting a general cloud over absolutely everything. Getting excited and frivolous and deleriously happy about anything these days seems counter intuitive when an invisible enemy is possibly around every corner.

• Like 1

Still here my fellow HS fans. Just extremely busy these days and yes, Covid-19 has made this year a bit harder for everyone.

@immorethant agree with you that the new Soompi forum is much harder to share content like how we used to. Hope it gets more lively here when Dogul gets realised next month. Please continue to share any HS news as I always love your insights...:7555_attack:

Some happy news to look forward to..

• Like 2

I'm frequently off the grid for a week or more at a time in the summer. I enjoy getting a little break from world news and being somewhat isolated. But the first thing I do when I'm back is to check if there is anything new on this forum. I regret that Soompi may be faltering and negatively affecting some members. I'm not a huge contributer, nor am I very technical, but I can type words, as dull as they sometimes are.

I will most likely be away during the YouTube Live birthday event with SHS, but I like the idea. I hope there is some english translations later. I hope there is some talk about her personal life, although I understand the importance of privacy for public figures. Still, just some little tidbits would be nice, even if they're vague.  One thing I don't expect to be talked about is, does she ever hear her biological clock ticking or does her carreer put that out of the question?  What, if anything, besides Covid, frustrates her? What, if anything, outside of the entertainment industry, fascinates her? I'm pretty sure those secrets will remain secret. But any news about Shin Hae Sun is good news to me. I still think 2020 is a year where she will shine very brightly and I look forward to every minute of it.

Secret Forest 2 is beckoning me on Netflix. Its called Stranger 2 in Canada. I know it will be good and I owe Bae Doona big time for introducing me to Shin Hae Sun in the original. So why am I reluctant to watch?  I think I am holding an irrational grudge.  Most K Dramas don't have second seasons. Once I recovered from grieving the death of SHS's character in season 1, I finally had closure. Never did I think there would be a season 2 where SHS could not possibly play a part. So I'm still a little irked by that. I just feel weirdly off balance, like re-visiting a mausoleum only to find my beloved deceased removed as though she had never been there and life just carrying on. I think K dramas have made me very sentimental.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, immorethant said:

Youtube Live before her birthday :fullofhearts:

Please stay tune 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2eRznRDgSw

wEZiynF.jpg

Thanks for this reminder. I'm sad that I have to somewhere remote when it is scheduled and connectivity there is so dismally bad that I don't even bother trying anymore. However I may give it a shot. I won't understand a word but at least I could see her live if I'm lucky. Hopefully there will be an english translation at some point.

Birthday Cake from YNK

ZwPYVS0.jpg

Spoiler

The message on the cake

"명심해 다음생에도 신혜선은 우리 배우야"

Keep in mind, Shin Hye Sun is our actor even in the next life.

The Official Live Broadcast Youtube video from YNK is now unavailable. YNK said they will re-upload later (I wish they will add Eng sub for us).

Some quizzes about her preferences

• Boiled egg (삶은 달걀은) : She prefers hard-boiled egg (완숙) over soft-boiled egg (반숙)

• Fried egg (계란후라이) : She also perfers hard-fried eggs

• Cider > Cola

• 얼죽아 (drink iced coffee even freeze to death) > 뜨죽아 (drink hot coffee even hot to death)

• Iced tea > hot tea

• Sweet and sour pork (탕수육) : She prefers eating by dipping pork in sauce (찍먹) over pouring source on pork (부먹)

• Jjajang (짜장 - black bean noodles) over Jjampong (짬뽕 - spicy seafood noodles)

• Like or disklike Mint Chocolate (민트초코 호 vs 불호) : She said she like it and then YNK Staffs asked her to say something for person who dislike it. She laughed and said 'why?...why?... but I respect that'.

• Pizza > Chicken (she likes pizza with lots of cheese)

• Fried chicken (프라이드 치킨) > seasoned/sauced chicken (양념 치킨)

• Noodles (면) > Rice (밥)

• Bread (빵) > Rice Cake (떡 - tteok)

• Pork (돼지고기) > Beef (소고기)

• Kimchi soup (김치찌개) > Miso/soy bean soup (된장찌개) but to be specific, she likes Kimchi soup with noodles

• 비냉 (Chilled buckwheat noodles garnished with cold slices of beef, fresh skate, and radish or cucumber. Served with a spicy gochu-jang mixing sauce. ) > 물냉 (Buckwheat noodles served in chilled soup made of dongchimi(radish kimchi) liquid and beef broth)

• Spoiler

8Zt8VgK.jpg

• Puppy dog (강아지) > cat (고양이)

• Trousers > Skirt

• Korean Pop Song (외국 가요) > Western Pop Song (팝송)

• Mountain > Sea

:please:

Happy Birthday !!! :heart::love::kiss_wink:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is from the book that she read yesterday.

'관계를 정리하는 중입니다' (clearing up/tidy up relationship)

ffSNJH5.png

Actually she read 2 pages but my listening skill is so poor.

Fortunately her manager posted IG story of the 2nd page that she read. 

(Can someone please buy it and scan the 1st page for me ...LOL...:lol:)

aXWVnet.jpg

"It hurts, but it seemed that the feeling of meeting a companion made me relief a little. It seems like all the painful things have become more comfortable without getting out of the pit-like reality. Just listened to my unsolvable problems without forcing me to hold on, I was thrilled by the fact that even a miserable one like myself could find my own light.

It is only today that I realize. And I think there is one thing I can tell you. May the work you are doing now becomes brilliant future and may everythings go smoothly. You have had extremely cold and difficult long winter. May the warmth of spring be a kind of phenomenon to tell you that you can be fully happy. So let's add today to yesterday and have an exciting start tomorrow. Because you have had a longer winter than any others. Let brief spring be like your glory days, and let coming summer be your home where you can relax and enjoy to your heart's content. Do not be sorrowful. You lived your life really well. You are doing well."

Now I know why she's impressed and cried reading it.  :cold_sweat:

I think she can relate this of her life, enduring long winter until finding breakthrough in her career and now enjoying her spring. 

:fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1