8 minutes ago, immorethant said:

You know, I am so stupid that I just find out those gif emojis you guys posted are from Soompi new features... LOL

:headbang:

so embarrassed 

ibB3jHw.gif

Anyway, I still love all of yours gifs :wub:  hope there will be more and more.

You are so funny. Didn't you know about this new feature...OMG you made my day.

:loolz:

• LOL 1

'Innocence' review by EONTALK

In summary

The Good 

• Good acting
  • Multiple layers of mystery story
  • Make-sense conclusion

The Bad

• Traliers revealed too much of story
  • Movie tried to drive emotion too much
  • Movie length is too long (2 hrs and 10 mins)

I think I can live with that bad part (probably I may not have similar experience while watching it) :D

Agreed that the trailers revealed too much (probably they think it will help persuade audiences to see).

For the length of movie, if one enjoyed a movie then one might feel that time passed quickly. Also saw lots of Korean's comments said that they feel excited all the time and didn't feel it long ...so perhaps I have to prove it myself.  But we all SHS fans who already watched her 16-52 episodes drama may feel that seeing her only 2 hours is too short :P 

About too much emotional drive I agreed with the reviewer that it's personal preferences.

I think it's like riding a car.  Some may prefer to be a driver, some prefer to be a passenger.

:cutekitty:

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I checked mine and it's the same two too!

I hope 'Innocence' will perform well in Taiwan and will help encourage Sony to release it in other countries too. 

Now I have a hunch that 'Innocence' will come back and do well again in the box office in the next 1-2 days and also weekend.

:coolshades:

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Now I have a hunch that 'Innocence' will come back and do well again in the box office in the next 1-2 days and also weekend.

For some reason Innocence does really well over the weekend. But people in SK are big fan of zombie films. Wonder what the advanced sales is of Alive?

Really hope Innocence tops the box office over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

:cheers:

• Love 2

Regarding the Eontalk review, I think the reviewer really had to stretch to find criticisms, even if they are a tiny bit valid. Too much revealed in the trailers? Before I saw any trailers, I thought the title "Innocence" gave away the story. Someone wrongly accused was proved innocent. Anyone can guess how it likely ends just with the title. But so what. There are lots of movies where you pretty much know what's going to happen. Everyone knows what happens in Zombie movies and they still flock to them. Also it didn't stop people from keeping it #1 for 2 weeks, so the trailers probably attracted them.

While I obviously have not seen the movie, In terms of length, the reviewer had praised the way the movie tied up all the loose ends, unlike many other movies, so I suspect that it took a little more time to do this. Also, anyone who watches Kdramas is used to watching stories unfold over at least 16 hours and sometimes close to 60 hours. This movie is about 2 hours. Hope nobody got too bored. But this criticism may tie into the reviewers criticism of the emotionality of the movie, especially towards the end.

I suspect the reviewer doesn't watch many kdramas, most of which are dripping with emotionality almost constantly. It is, IMO, what makes Korean story telling so unique and compelling, and reflects the importance of personal relationships in Korean culture as opposed to the individualism and hero worship of many western films.

Having said all this, I admit it is a little odd to be criticizing the criticism of a movie I haven't even seen. It's because I am so enthralled by Shin Hae Sun, I feel the need to deflect any criticism of her projects and heap on nothing but praise in a totally biased way. To that end, I am thoroughly guilty.

Hope you're all having a great day.:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Innocence is a legal-thriller movie and as said by the critic is a multi layered mystery, so I think the running time is justified. Shorter than that and I think the movie will be shallow. 

So glad that Innocence will be released overseas. Meanwhile in the Philippines, ugh. Hope that GMA (local channel) will buy the rights to show it on TV. Seems like they took a liking of SHS since 30 but 17 will be the fifth SHS drama they will broadcast. 

Can I ask how far the movie Innocence from evening out? I read here that it needs to gain 1.4 million audience to reach the 5.5 billion budget? The data online confuses me. Help me guys :tounge_xd:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

This is 'egg index' from CGV cinema website.

It's like 'rotten tomatoes' index.  But it also gives comparison of expectation before vs actual satisfaction.

Below is from 'Innocence' , expectation before movie released  is 96% good and after watched the movie 94% of audiences are satisfied which is very high. 

The left graph is 'charming point' , most good points are acting, story, production

On the right is 'emotion point' ,  most good points are immersion with the movie, being moved/impressed, sympathy with characters.

http://www.cgv.co.kr/movies/detail-view/?midx=83106

yl4EfWt.jpg

You can also go to the website and compare the index with other movies 

And congratulations to 'Innocence' that today it reaches 601,265 total audiences  :thumbsup:

• Love 4

4 hours ago, immorethant said:

Now I'm so envious of Taiwanese fans.

'Innocence' will be released on July 15th.

As I checked my country's cinema schedule, I found only 'Intruder' and 'Peninsula'

:crybaby:  zfGBHB1.gif

lucky you! Cinemas in my hometown are still closed until I don’t know when and my home area is still in Covid red zone :sweatingbullets: I want to go out  badly lol

So I only count on Netflix to watch Innocence, hopefully :crybaby:

• Sad 3

I wonder why Kidari didn't have a VIP Premiere (for celebrities friends of cast) for Innocence. At first i thought it was because of Covid that it was cancelled but #Alive had it with celebrities supporting it. Strange.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I wonder why Kidari didn't have a VIP Premiere (for celebrities friends of cast) for Innocence. At first i thought it was because of Covid that it was cancelled but #Alive had it with celebrities supporting it. Strange.

Wait what? ALIVE had a VIP Premier :tears:

:evillaugh::evillaugh:

• Unamused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

202006250826456710_1.jpg

https://newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202006250826456710

‘결백’ 장기흥행 비결은 #연기 #몰입감 #소재

The secret to the long term success of'Innocence'  #acting #immersion #material

2020062501283_0.jpg

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/06/25/2020062501294.html

Kim In-Kwon confirmed to appear in 'Queen Choerin', will work together with Shin Hye Sun.

He will play as the master of royal cuisine or the position of royal chef 대령숙수 (대령 = at king's command 숙수 = chef). He will play the key role showing chemistry of quarelling and meddling about food recipe with Queen So-Yong (Cheorin)  :D

Just read his role makes me laugh already, it must be hilarious to see Queen Cheorin (modern time chef) argues with this royal Joseon chef about food recipe. Probably she may give him trouble by ordering him to cook modern dishes or introduce him modern cooking equipments.  

Oh..I still recall the scenes in ALML that both quarelled each other, really can't wait.   

:yaaa:

• Love 4

I guess now we have Queen Choerin's maid role confirmed.  This is an important character.

https://www.mbn.co.kr/news/entertain/4197256

Chae Seo-Eun confirmed appearance in 'Queen Cheorin' 

채서은은 tvN ‘철인왕후’에서 김소용(신혜선 분)의 곁에서 물심양면 도움을 주는 일편단심 홍연 역으로 출연을 확정 지으며 시청자들을 만나게 됐다. 

Chae Seo-Eun confirmed her appearance and will meet viewers in tvn 'Queen Cheorin' , she will play the role of 'Hong-Yeon' who will be by Kim So-Yong (Shin Hye Sun)'s side to give support both materially and emotionally.

Most of her works were in independent films and short films. She is currently attending theatre/acting department at Korea National University of Arts (Han Ye-Jong).  Alumni from the same department are Lee Je-Hoon, Yang Se-Jong, Kim Go-Eun, Byun Yo-Han and also Kim Jung-Hyun.  (https://yellowtee.tistory.com/155)

She just signed contract with O& Entertainment, the same agency of Kim Jung-Hyun.

OAnYCvJ.jpg

photo from O& Entertainment IG   (@onent.official)

• Awesome 1

I noticed that the supporting cast announced so far in Queen Cheorin are mostly made up of new or unknown actors/actresses other than Kim In Kwon and Kim Tae Woo. This is gonna be Hyesun's show once again.B)

• Love 2