Another article in The Korea Times about our favourite movie.  Love it! Love it! Love it! :D

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/06/689_291561.html

Innocence' passes 500,000 ticket sales amid virus-hit cinema downturn

Posted : 2020-06-21 15:20

Updated : 2020-06-21 17:51

Shin Hye-sun, left, and Bae Jong-ok, stars of Korea's No.1 box office hit "Innocence," thanked the moviegoers after the film sold more than 500,000 tickets amid a gloomy theater market hit hard by COVID-19. Korea Times file

By Ko Dong-hwan

Theatrical poster for "Innocence."

"Innocence" has defied the COVID-19 scare and attracted more than 500,000 theatergoers Saturday, further cementing its top box office spot since opening on June 10.

The record is particularly meaningful because cinemas here have been suffering from a huge audience loss due to the pandemic. After being discouraged from visiting public venues, people instead have increasingly opted for home movies via Netflix or to watch TV shows at home.

The Korea Film Council's ticket sales tally shows the movie has had an accumulated 500,507 audience via 919 screens nationwide.

The court thriller's achievement comes following consistent critical acclaim.

Sony Pictures Entertainment Korea and KIDARI ENT, which distributed the film, released Sunday photos of Shin Hye-sun, who plays the movie's female lead, and Bae Jong-ok, with a written message on a sketchbook showing their appreciation for those who watched the movie.

• Love 2
  • Awesome 2

From PIN Prestige magazine Jul 2020.   :love:

I love this photo, so classic.

Really want to see her play in any black&white period movie. 

Nw466BI.jpg

wofTfdA.jpg

tOeV2MD.jpg

You can see the magazine online here  

https://www.magzter.com/SG/Burda-Singapore-Pte-Ltd/品-Prestige-(PIN-Prestige)/Fashion/

Spoiler

cYsluUZ.jpg

v6m2cJt.jpg

atXKgQT.jpg

OMV6UYL.jpg

mxz6ILS.jpg

Still no. 1 box office on Mon Jun 22nd  :blush:

Tomorrow will probably be the last day that 'Innocence' will be top at the box office because on Wed the new zombie movie #Alive will be released.  But I think at least this week total audience will reach 600,000.

KIllwYR.jpg

• Love 3

I think so too that tomorrow will be the last day Innonence will hold then number 1 spot. It doesn't matter as the film that absolutely amazing in the box office and if its reaches over 600,000 this week that would be amazing.

No offence to PSH fans but she has nothing on HS when it comes to acting apart from being a big name star. HS has received the recognition she needed through her film as once again proven that she can not only lead a drama but also an entire film on her own.

:handsup:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

'Innocence' home shopping :love:

@iffy21  The first time I read PSH , I thought you mean Park Shi Hoo :D

I think after tomorrow when all 'Innocence' activities have ended, we will be back to quiet and boring day again.  

While SHS is busying shooting her drama, it will be days-off for us fans.  Probably it's time for us to have some rest and go travel. :glasses:

'Innocence' mission completed. 

Looking forward to 'Dogul' release (and perhaps 'Innocence' BD/DVD or Netflix release). 

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 2

3 more actors confirmed for 'Queen Cheorin'

Son So-Mang 

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=69134

69134_35779_4349.jpg

Na In-Woo 

Oh Ah-Yeon

http://mstoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=65415477025

I read from Korean's comment, they said that Na In-Woo is the guy that we saw practicing horse riding in this IG https://www.instagram.com/p/CBSRwuEJ-ru/

23654154.jpg

Knowing Bros team also praised  'Innocence' :love:

Ari Ari ! :blush:

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

@immorethant you made me laugh :D I can see how you might have got confused and all. 

:happy: Knowing Bros praising Innocence achievement and encouraging our leads is so freaking sweet. Don't think I have seen them do the same for Invader. INNOCENCE FIGHTING!!

• Love 2

Yeah...I'm so glad to see Hoo sunbae-nim again   :scream::love::heart:

The cast of this drama is getting more and more interesting. 

But why YNK didn't announce anything about him ?  I recall that last year at every month YNK will post IG and twitter to summarize update of each actor's activity, but nothing like that this year.  Now I'm not sure if he's still with YNK ? because he also leads in a movie 열혈형사 (literally- passionate detective) which just released on Jun 18th but I didn't see any promote from YNK ( it's sad that the review rating is not good and the movie didn't do well in box office :tears:).

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Yeah...I'm so glad to see Hoo sunbae-nim again   :scream::love::heart:

The cast of this drama is getting more and more interesting. 

(But why YNK didn't announce anything ?  I recall that last year at every month YNK will post IG and twitter to summarize update of each actor's activity, but nothing like that this year).

Ynk is in Dreamland. They don't even care about promoting HS's first movie. They don't announce anything :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Ynk is in Dreamland. They don't even care about promoting HS's first movie. They don't announce anything 

Yes, they didn't post much lately. 

If they're currently short of staff, they can hire me.  I will help them post IG and twitter (but I will post only of SHS)....LOL :D 

• LOL 3

5 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

They did promote Intruder too. Scroll down, it's there in jtbc KB IG. :D

Nooooo :smashes:

Wait they promoted Intruder a day before the release but this post is about congratulating Innocence team for surpassing half a million. 

• Love 2

'Innocence' is still no 1 at the box office on Tue Jun 23rd.

It needs only 10,000 audiences to reach 600,000.

CmwzYPW.jpg

After today the number of screen may be reduced due to the new movie, but so far the movie is very successful if we consider that it has new lead actress, new director who wrote script by himself, released by small distributor company with limited budget and of course, Covid situation. 

While other big budget movies with big stars all stayed back and waited for 2 movies from 2 brave actresses to be the frontliners,  I think both movies did remarkable job and also helped encourage many audiences to go to cinema to find out by themselves that it's quite safe and nothing to be afraid of.  We can't deny that this is their great achievement paving the way to all big movies that will be released after this.   Salute to all actors and staffs.

SkTKc0W.gif

qNV3RZS.gif

• Love 2

42 minutes ago, immorethant said:

While other big budget movies with big stars all stayed back and waited for 2 movies from 2 brave actresses to be the frontliners,  I think both movies did remarkable job and also helped encourage many audiences to go to cinema to find out by themselves that it's quite safe and nothing to be afraid of.  We can't deny that this is their great achievement paving the way to all big movies that will be released after this.   Salute to all actors and staffs.

I can't agree more. Good job to both HS and Song Jihyo and their respective teams!

:approves:

Innocence has already exceeded expectations and did very well with solid reviews. Through this movie, more people gets to know how good HS acting is and this is to me much more important than the numbers!

• Love 2