1 hour ago, immorethant said:

My early bias prediction of KBS Drama Awards.  :rolleyes:

Daesang - Kong Hyo Jin  (There are 30% chance to get 2 winners for KHJ and SHS if the judges are generous and SHS's 4 months effort transforming herself to ballerina was seriously considered :sweatingbullets:)

I agreewith you on KHJ winning the Daesang. And maybe co winning with another veteran actress in a weekend drama. I think they won't give the Daesang to Hyesun yet. My gut feel... ^_^though I feel she definitely DESERVES it.

Top Excellence Actress - 90% for SHS if she doesn't win Daesang.  

My prediction is she will win this! 

(and KMS, don't you dare saying that she is not your type, or mention Jennifer Lawrence's :angry:)

Yes, he better not do another stance of that unnecessary Jennifer Lawrence speech. :sweatingbullets::angry:  That someone lost his major good cookie points from me because of that. :rolleyes:

• Love 1

From MG Saemaeul Keumgo Facebook .

Winter has arrived!  :kiss_wink::love:

EAbPoJsr.jpg

9 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I agreewith you on KHJ winning the Daesang. And maybe co winning with another veteran actress in a weekend drama. I think they won't give the Daesang to Hyesun yet. My gut feel... ^_^though I feel she definitely DESERVES it.

I think the situation is like SBS Awards last year.  Everyone knew, for her acting alone, she's better than Top Excellence Award level but they couldn't give her Daesang (yet).  So SBS probably came up with the idea to give her Top Excellence Award plus offer MC role as a consolation price and also to send signal to the industry that how good this girl is.  This year should be the same treat from KBS.  :rolleyes:  

But if her next work she still works with SBS or KBS and the acting is also great, then it will be her time to get Daesang because if they keep giving her Top Excellence Award over and over again it would be very awkward. :D

I watched When the Camillia Blooms and really liked Kong Hyo Jin. Her acting is great in this but I haven't seen her in anything else. I like her a lot and I look for ward to seeing some of her past work and definitley future work.. With respect, comparing her acting in this drama to Shin Hye Sun in Angel's Last Mission: Love there is no question in my mind that SHS's performance was very much superior. I know I'm a biased SHS fan, but I'm trying to be objective. Based on the range and depth of emotions required in these two roles, Lee Yeon-Seo is a much more complex character than Don Baek. If the two actresses roles were reversed, KHJ may have prevailed technically over SHS simply because of the characteristics of the Lee Yeon Seo  role in ALML.  On top of this, physically, as a ballerina, the Lee Yeon Seo role was much more demanding than the Don Baek role and SHS certainly displayed amazing talent in this respect.

I'm just now learning about the Daesang award. It appears to be the most prestigious grand prize award but I'm confused between it and the excellence in acting award.  I obviously don't understand the criteria but if the Daesang is about acting skill alone, then Shin Hye Sun should win both in my fully biased opinion. I guess even being offered a hosting role on the award show is a sort of award in itself. It's a recognition of outstanding achievement in the industry, pretty amazing for someone with a relatively short history.  

Having said all this, I don't think any nominations have been announced yet so it's all a little presumptuous at this point. 

• Love 3

On 11/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, Man-O-Man said:

I'm just now learning about the Daesang award. It appears to be the most prestigious grand prize award but I'm confused between it and the excellence in acting award

I would think the Daesang is not just about acting, but also comprises of other factors such as popularity, seniority, ratings, reception and the buzz generated during the drama's broadcast.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, Man-O-Man said:

With respect, comparing her acting in this drama to Shin Hye Sun in Angel's Last Mission: Love there is no question in my mind that SHS's performance was very much superior.

I've not watched When the Camelia blooms, and thus am even so unable to comment without bias. Totally agree with you on the more demanding role of Lee Yeon Seo which other than the emotional and crying scenes that both roles requires, there's also an added demand of ballet training/expressional facial acting during ballet; and many other layers to Yeonseo's role, plus doubling up as Seolhee as well. I may be biased but Hyesun's acting is on par with KHJ if not better.  But based on those other factors, sadly the Daesang will not be within Hyesun's reach yet. I have to agree hands down that Hyesun's performance as Lee Yeon Seo was much more superior.

Taking this below tweet as an example, I do not have the same dilemma as her. :P

Just by watching this two clips....

One tore my heart to pieces seeing her bawled her eyes out (that scene was just too real) while the other did not (maybe because I didn't watch the whole show). Not gonna compare. Both are outstanding actresses but I have only one clear choice. :D *Personal views* 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I already consider Shin Hye Sun a legendary actress despite her short career.  When I see her act I see greatness.  Maybe she was an actress in a previous life so her instincts are well rooted.  Or maybe she's just brilliant. In any case, she wins a personal Daesang award from me - the best of the best. 

• Love 2

Personal view too.

Basically movie/drama attracted audience by 1) story  and  2) acting 

There are many movies/dramas that both story and acting are very good.  But sometimes there are dramas that acting is only at normal standard, but because story is so good so audiences feel attached to the character and also think the acting is better than what actually is.  And also there are many movies/dramas that story is predictable/boring/makjang/not making sense, but the acting is so great. However, because the story is difficult for audience to keep attraction so they also neglect the acting part.  

I personally think when we look at an actor we should separately assess story and acting,  shoudn't mix it together and say someone acting's good just because the movie/drama’s story or visual is more interesting.  And we shouldn't say the acting is bad just because the genre is not of our favorite.

For me, watching SHS acting is like when I watch some traditional dance or some performing art that the story is not important.

I don't have to know the story to understand what emotion she's acting or showing,  or on the other hand, the story that she's acting in can be very cliche or very same plot, but she has her way of transfer her emotion to audience to make it feel like fresh thing. Audiences can feel and understand the way she feels just look at her eyes and her expression.  It's like the way the old perople or our ancesters watch the dance that they don't need any language or story to get mesmerized by it.  

That's the reason why when we look at her animated gif or watch the short clips from her scene (even in mute), we can still feel emotion she's carrying then. That’s what I call pure acting level , doesn't need to be driven by story at all.  

** I just wrote about what I feel with SHS's acting, doesn't want to compare her to any actor in particular. They are other top level actors who gave me the same impression too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Personal views too.

Basically movie/drama attracted audience by 1) story  and  2) acting 

There are many movies/dramas that both story and acting are very good.  But sometimes there are dramas that acting is only at normal standard, but because story is so good so audiences feel attached to the character and also think the acting is better than what actually is.  And also there are many movies/dramas that story is predicatable/boring/not making sense, but the acting is so great. However, because the story is difficult for audience to keep attraction so they also neglect the acting part.  

So I personally think we should separately assess story and acting,  shoudn't mix it together and say someone acting's good just because the movie/drama is more interesting.  And we shouldn't say the acting is bad just because the genre is not of audience's favorite.

For me, watching SHS acting is like when I watch some traditional dance or some performance art that the story is not important.

You don't have to know the story to understand what emotion she's acting or showing,  or on the other hand, the story that she's acting in can be very cliche or very same plot, but she has her way of transfer her emotion to audience to make it feel like fresh think. You can feel and understand the way she feels it just look at her eyes and her expression.  It's like the way the old perople or our ancesters watch the dance that you don't need any language or story to get mesmerized by it.  

That's the reason why when we look at her animated gif or watched the short clips from her scene (even in mute), we can still feel emotion she's carrying then. That what's I call pure acting level , doesn't need to be driven by story at all.  

Excellent post. I agree whole heartedly. 

Lately there're many Korean's twitters mentioned/compared 신혜선 vs 영서  (Yeong-Seo) .

zmKm2iJ.jpg

RV14qg2.jpg

(My apology for any incorrect translation - my knowledge is still limited) ^_^

Actually Yeong Seo is a character from a Webtoon named 정년이 Cheong Nyeoni (https://namu.wiki/w/정년이)

Can read here --> https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=726214)

585f58e8254236787b06bead22aa127592bcefb18b05d92de01308b1ea6f4a4a01f862dd50bf92e255df037eac217bf5623419fa81a92c0cf8d73835d7340ca2c69064f2beafb483f229d9854c87db03eae1f63865f164d5dfb9bfce436dc3b2

The plot is set in 1950's about female theatre troupe which they studied and competed to get the role in Korean Drama. 

The main character 윤정년 (Yoon Cheong Nyeon ) is a poor girl who has talent in acting but still has more to learn (many twitters said Kim Tae Ri suits with this role).  And her rival 허영서 (Heo Yeong Seo) is a noble rich girl who is a genius in acting and also an ace of this theatre school.  

I think the character of Yeong Seo here is quite similar to Lee Yeon Seo in ALML who is confident , cold, ace ballerina with sharp tongue. Many twitters said that SHS is the perfect match for this Yeong Seo' s role (if it will be made in to a drama). because when Yeong Seo acts, she becomes different person and immerses into any role perfectly like Shin Hye Sun. 

Spoiler

In this scene, they're rehearsing the classic play 춘향전 (Chun-hyangjeon) , https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/춘향전

and Yoon Cheong Nyeon got the role of 방자 (Pang-ja) who has playful and carefree attitude.  But Cheong Nyeon didn't do well and Yeong Seo stopped her and said '(do it) again'  so many times that made she angry.  So she told Yeong Seo to show playing the role instead.

CxJqxYk.jpg.

Yeong Seo put her headband on and when she turned around she immersed herself into the real Pang-ja.   That made Cheong Nyeon mesmerised and thought  'Just putting a headband and she becomes totally different person. Her voice, her facial expresion, her steps look different'.

BQ4Oelp.jpg

Ii0P2YF.jpg

"That is the Pang-Ja.  How can a person change (personality) so quickly like that ? "

Made me glad that SHS' acting skill was recognized by her fans this way.  :love::blush::heart:

• Like 1

Many fans have wondered why Shin Hye Sun has been relatively quiet since she wrapped up ALML. While she's been busy behind the scenes with movies and commercial activities, she also, I assume, had much well deserved private time. As a fan I crave to know more and more about her but, today especially, I understand why she and many other, mostly female Korean celebrities, need to keep their private lives tightly guarded and secret. With the death of Goo Hara today, following so closely the death of Sulli, both because of exposure to the public of some of their private issues, it is no wonder that female celebrities have to be extremely cautious and wary. I'm not sure if SHS keeps overly private to avoid potential problems but it wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, I'm sorry to be not celebrating Shin Hye Sun here today but I'm just so sad at another pointless death of a talented, famous, beautiful, young human being in Korea that I needed to get it out of my system.

• Sad 1

My condolences regarding Goo Hara’s news. 
Because of social media influence, it’s easier for someone to become famous, known in every corner of this world. But on the other hand during the bad time it can crush and press you like you have no place left in the world.

As individual, we can’t stop media from selling bad news/rumors and we can’t expect bad people to stop cyber bullying. Not every person are fans , some are just audiences who enjoy drama both on-screen and off-screen.

What we can do as we called ourselves fans is to keep supporting our idol , keep expressing our appreciation on good sides, and keep criticizing on bad things at the most minimum level. At least we can make our forum or even our own social account to be a place that if,  by chances, our idol comes to visit, he/she will feel comfortable and feel like it is a safe haven in this world where there will always be love. :heart:

I wish our SHS have all happiness in her life and career. I know she is working hard and probably need more rest and privacy. I hope I can see her 2 movies and see the news of her new drama soon.  Meanwhile, it’s ok for me if YNK or her manager or SHS herself just give us her photo or any update once in a while (at least every 2 months) to console us from missing her. It doesn’t need to be her private life photo , doesn’t need to have her photo on that either. They just can post the photo of bright clear sky with her message ‘Hello sky, hello everyone’. That’s fine, at least we know that she is still ok.  That’s all I ask. :blush::love::kiss_wink:

• Like 2

Cica Panthenol Blemish Cream.

Oily skin creator,

Visible eyes whiteheads and blackheads care.

Another photo from 'Collector' wrap-up party on Nov 18. :love::kiss_wink::heart:

Source : from staff's IG  (sometime it's difficult to decide if I should tell the source of private IG, because many times when owner's identity/face was shared too much, then the photo/video will be deleted later and I'm afraid from now on no one will want to share SHS photo :sweatingbullets: )

lsISWKw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Stumble upon this old article on a quiet day.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002687710

201511160839651116_4_99_20151116095504.jpg?type=w540

미국드라마도 보고 아, 애니메이션 진짜 좋아해요. 하루 종일 봐요. '덕후'예요. '은혼', '원피스' 좋아하고, '데스노트'도 물론 봤고, '베르세르크'도 좋아해요. 잔인한 것도 잘 봐요."

I really like watching American drama and animation. I can watch it all day.

I like 'Gintama', 'One Piece' and I like  'Death Note' and 'Berserk'. I like watching something cruel/brutal.

:scream: :skull:(That's why I said you don't mess with this girl. She also once said she wanted to play a villain role like in the movie 'The Chaser' which is another brutal film). :sweat_smile: 

- 이름은 무슨 뜻인가요?

"은혜 혜, 착할 선이요. 은혜롭고 착한 사람이 되라며 부모님이 지어주셨어요. 데뷔하면서 보니까 제 이름이 어렵다고 하더라고요. '가명을 쓸까' 생각도 했어요. 근데 제 이름이 굉장히 좋은 이름이래요. 혜선. 신혜선."

- What does your name mean ?

-  혜 (Hye) from 은혜 (Eun-Hye)  means grace, kind-hearted.  My parents told me to be a gracious and kind person.

When I debuted, my name was difficult to call.  I even thought of using alias name. But my name is a very good name. 

Hye Sun.  Shin Hye Sun.

(personal thought - after reading this I guessed that's the reason she used the name 'Hae Sun' since her debut because she might think it's easier to call or to be distinguished from other 'Hye'. :P    I kind of think the same as her that it's a good name, seeing 'Hye' always reminds me of her name in Hangul and its meaning which is so perfectly matched with her personality.  "Hye Sun".  A gracious and kind-hearted person.)  :lol::wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Stumble upon this old article on a quiet day.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002687710

201511160839651116_4_99_20151116095504.jpg?type=w540

미국드라마도 보고 아, 애니메이션 진짜 좋아해요. 하루 종일 봐요. '덕후'예요. '은혼', '원피스' 좋아하고, '데스노트'도 물론 봤고, '베르세르크'도 좋아해요. 잔인한 것도 잘 봐요."

I really like watching American drama and animation. I can watch it all day.

I like 'Gintama', 'One Piece' and I like  'Death Note' and 'Berserk'. I like watching something cruel/brutal.

:scream: :skull:(That's why I said you don't mess with this girl. She also once said she wanted to play a villian role like in the movie 'The Chaser' which is another brutal film). :sweat_smile: 

- 이름은 무슨 뜻인가요?

"은혜 혜, 착할 선이요. 은혜롭고 착한 사람이 되라며 부모님이 지어주셨어요. 데뷔하면서 보니까 제 이름이 어렵다고 하더라고요. '가명을 쓸까' 생각도 했어요. 근데 제 이름이 굉장히 좋은 이름이래요. 혜선. 신혜선."

- What does your name mean ?

-  혜 (Hye) from 은혜 (Eun-Hye)  means grace, kind-hearted.  My parents told me to be a gracious and kind person.

When I debuted, my name was difficult to call.  I even thought of using alias name. But my name is a very good name. 

Hye Sun.  Shin Hye Sun.

(personal thought - after reading this I guessed that's the reason she used the name 'Hae Sun' since her debut because she might think it's easier to call or to be distinguished from other 'Hye'. :P    I kind of think the same as her that it's a good name, seeing 'Hye' always reminds me of her name in Hangul and its meaning which is so perfectly matched with her personality.  "Hye Sun".  A gracious and kind-hearted person.)  :lol::wub:

I love her name shin hye sun and its meaning but im ok with her using shin hae sun cos her name is combination from park SHIN HYE and goo HYE SUN. So when i first googling her name, that 2 artists came up first. :expressionless:

• LOL 1

I'm a little surprised that she likes watching cruel / brutal shows. It must be her shadow side compensating for her true nature. Although I'm sure she would do an excellent job and I'd love it, seeing her play a villianess role would be hard to reconcile with my perception of her. It's only acting but she always makes her characters seem natural and real.