After watching Shin Hye Sun’s acting in Angel’s Last Mission: Love, I thought I had just witnessed some of the best acting I had ever seen in my life.  Her acting, especially in some episodes, was so amazing my mouth hung open and my eyes popped out of my head.  It was deliriously good acting and I couldn’t imagine anyone else even coming close to her intensity, poise and instinctual performance, not to mention her ballet scenes. 

I am absolutely stunned and shocked that Shin Hye Sun was not even nominated in the 2019 Korea Drama Awards for her role in this drama. To me it was a foregone conclusion that she would win hands down any drama acting awards, let alone be nominated.

I don’t mean to disparage any of the nominated actresses, I know they are all excellent. I’ve only seen Park Shin Hye in Memories of the Alhambra and as much as I really like her, there is really no comparison between the two roles.  In my eyes SHS’s acting was by far more compelling, nuanced and penetrating.

How could such outstanding acting not be recognized by whoever makes these decisions?  What in the world could be their criteria for an acting nomination?  It makes me suspect that there is more back room politics and money involved in these nominations, than actual acting talent.  I’m sorry but I don’t know how else to explain this obviously terrible omission.  It makes no sense to me. 

• LOL 2

tumblr_pyoru0j1hk1valxs7o1_r1_500.gifShe's saying 'koll', which is how Koreans say 'call' - like "you're on" when you're betting with someone. But now, I wish she would just call.

Hola friends. It's been about 1 month since I even signed in to soompi. But if I had to pick a time to stay away perhaps this was the best time. Even now I won't be able to spend much time here, but thank you all for keeping the place warm.

As for her whereabouts, I think she's got a boyfriend and she's locked herself in a secret hideaway somewhere far away, maybe not even in the country, alone with him. That's what I think she's doing. I don't mind - all that abstinence while pretending to be red-blooded artist, singer or dancer isn't healthy for a woman like her who thinks she should have 3 children by now. :w00t:

Yes, we're all waiting for the next version of Shin Hye-Sun to emerge.... I think it'll be worth the wait. :phew:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I was thinking the same thing. You never hear much about her true personal life. I think some celebrities might have secret personal lives so their fans don't get jealous or judgemental. Just part of the game. She just turned 31 and it's prime time to start a family if she wants one. It's easy to imagine her falling in love because we've seen it happen so many times in her dramas. It would take about one second for any man on earth to fall in love with her.  I hope it's true. 

• Love 1

Shin Hye Sun’s career only took off in 2016 after Five Children though she debuted way back in 2013. But she can be very proud of all the dramas she was part of either as a .supporting cast  to being the lead character: Five Children; Stranger or Secret Forest; My Golden Life; 30 but 17;

Hymn of Death and Angel’s Last Mission: Love. That is a very good track record for somebody whose career actually started in 2016 rather than 2013. And the reason is: she is the real McCoy when it comes to real talent. All these dramas are excellent dramas when it comes to storyline, scriptwriting, directing and casting compared to other Korean stars’ dramas. 

• Like 2

You're right about her more substantial acting roles really only starting in 2016. I've recently started watching Legend of the Blue Sea (3 episodes in) and although I don't like her look in this drama, her acting, as little as it is, is excellent as usual. But I loved her look in Oh My Ghost, despite her being stuck in a wheelchair with very little character development. I  wasn't into kdramas until 2018 but I understand that LOTBS, was a hugely successful series and I think OMG was too (my second kdrama after Stranger).  I haven't seen She Was Pretty, but I saw one clip with her which was hilarious and perfectly performed.. This too, I believe, was a well recieved drama. Small role or larger role, she gives it her all. Her meteoric rise in the last 3 or 4 years is testament to her acting talent. She hasn't been in any drama that was considered poor or even mediocre. All dramas she has been in were successful. Coincidence? I don't think so.:)

• Like 1

She is probably taking some personal time with someone special and simply doesn’t want to be in the spotlight for a while as she enjoys her private life.  I think when she is not working on something, she is rather reclusive.  I sense that she is somewhat shy in real life and, like many artists, sometimes doesn’t realize how good she is at her craft.  Her birthday response: “It's embarrassing but thank you so much for giving me love that I don't deserve. I will work harder from now on”, kind of points to this.  I don’t think it’s possible for her to work any harder than she has been for the last 3 years or so and yes, she does deserve the love she is getting because she brings her fans so much joy. Hopefully she will reappear soon to promote her new movies. 

• Like 3

On 7/27/2016 at 9:27 AM, meechuttso said:

Haha 5.643 ft = 5 ft 7.7 in.

Thanks for joining. It's quiet here, so it feels more special ;)

5’8 its almost 173. Maybe cos she wants more petite, feminine form instead of giant cutie then lets minimize the height:phew:

4 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

What's this about???

Actually it’s just a recap of her works from School 2013 to ALML with some pics. Nothing that we didn’t already know. But I just love to see anything about her during this drought time :lol:

Here is latest news from yesterday (Oct 10) 

http://m.mk.co.kr/news/economy/2019/817101/

One paragraph said her new CF with MG Saemaeul Kumko will be released in November.  This time she will read the poem ‘Happiness’ (행복) from Na Tae-Joo (나태주).

행복/ 나태주 

저녁 때
돌아갈 집이 있다는 것

힘들 때
마음속으로 생각할 사람 있다는 것

외로울 때
혼자서 부를 노래가 있다는 것. 

“Happiness (is...)

Having a home to go back in the evening.
Having somebody to think of in the hard time.
Having a song to sing alone when you are lonely.”

( Can’t wait for November :blush: ) 

• Awesome 1

8 hours ago, immorethant said:

But I just love to see anything about her during this drought time :lol:

Same. Anything about her during this time is precious. :P

8 hours ago, immorethant said:

Here is latest news from yesterday (Oct 10) 

http://m.mk.co.kr/news/economy/2019/817101/

One paragraph said her new CF with MG Saemaeul Kumko will be released in November.  This time she will read the poem ‘Happiness’ (행복) from Na Tae-Joo (나태주).

Hurray! Thanks for this news! :)

Hope Innocent movie will be starting its promos soon. Missing this girl so much! She's as quiet as everyone here is! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 3:55 AM, mylovekge said:

Hello everyone.

I've been a lurker for a while. I am a HUGE new fan of SHS from the Philippines and I am OBSESSED, to say the least. I have been searching and watching her videos during my free time. I've been lurking in this forum for a while now and only had the courage to ~unlurk~ today. LOL I plan to binge-read the whole thread on weekend hoping to find out more about her that I do not already know.

I must say, she is truly a GEM. She caught my attention in Legend of the Blue Sea and I began watching clips of her. since then but I kind of hibernated from the KDrama world and just stopped watching altogether. And then I learned she was to star in 3017. A friend of mine told me she received several offers after My Golden Life which sparked my interest in her all over again. So I started watching her dramas and I AM HOOKED.

I hope to be friends with you all. :) 

Me too...becoming obsessed. Just watch alml, then dig all her drama. Shs may not beautiful, but she is attractive and has sex appeal. A lot of beautiful actresses out there, but theyre not attractive and has no sex appeal. But iam waayyyy too late. Ive just quoting something from one year ago. Now the thread is quiet. 

:bawling:

• Like 2