4dcef458b3aa4a9fafc4340121a0b1d5.jpeg?s=

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326158wpp/shin-hye-sun-says-infinites-l-is-perfect-fit-for-angel-role-in-upcoming-drama

Shin Hye Sun Says INFINITE’s L Is Perfect Fit For Angel Role In Upcoming Drama

During the press conference, Shin Hye Sun explained her reason behind choosing to star in the drama. The actress said, “I liked the character [Lee] Yeon Seo. The character had already stolen my heart, and then I found out that she is a ballerina. I felt a bit of a pressure knowing I will have to learn ballet, but I didn’t want to miss out on [the character].”

That's the reason that she chose this drama and I'm so glad she said that.

Because it means Yeon-Seo character and the script must be so good that she can't reject this, even though she had to learn ballet which she's not confident. (That's the reason she tried not to say much about ballet or shown any ballet pose because she felt enough burden about this). 

And I always trust her choice, she will do great definitely. :blush::kiss_wink:

And thank you so much @meechuttso for translation. 

I would like to give you more than 'Love' emoji reaction for your post but Soompi only allowed user to choose only one.

So I will put others here.  :heart::thumbsup::love::kiss_wink::innocent:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, immorethant said:

That's the reason that she chose this drama and I'm so glad she said that.

Because it means Yeon-Seo character and the script must be so good that she can't reject this, even though she had to learn ballet which she's not confident. (That's the reason she tried not to say much about ballet or shown any ballet pose because she felt enough burden about this).

Yes that was exactly my point! She didnt accept the role because it was a ballerina. It just happened that it was written as a ballerina and there is so much to the role to show other than ballet. Yes, she's smart not to do a ballet pose and she's not scared to acknowledge that it's been a burden to her to learn ballet. She's speaking like a real lead now! :thumbsup:

• Love 3
  • Insightful 1

Watch: Shin Hye Sun Puts Her All Into Perfecting Her Ballet Skills In “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” Making Video

KBS’s “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” has released a new making video showing the hard work and dedication that went into making the upcoming drama!

“Angel’s Last Mission: Love” is a fantasy romance between a ballerina who doesn’t believe in love and a troublemaker angel who becomes her Cupid. INFINITE’s L will play the role of Dan, an angel who makes a huge mistake and is consequently tasked with becoming Lee Yeon Seo’s (Shin Hye Sun’s) Cupid.

The behind-the-scenes video begins with the description, “ A 120-day record of ‘Angel’s Last Mission: Love,'” while showing that the cast met for the first time on January 5 at the Seoul Ballet Theatre. Director Lee Jung Seob pumped up the cast and production team by saying, “Let’s make everyone in the nation fall in love with ballet by making the first (Korean) ballet drama in history.”

Choreography director Choi Soo Jin also gave words of encouragement, saying, “Since we don’t have many days to meet, I think it’ll be good if you practice with a sense of responsibility.” The making video then reveals that the official ballet practice began on January 10, and it follows up with various clips of the hardworking cast members practicing passionately for the filming.

The video concludes with dramatic previews of the cast on stage and the caption, “Total number of members from a ballet company: around 50 people. Total practice time: at least 200 hours across approximately 120 days.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326070wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-puts-her-all-into-perfecting-her-ballet-skills-in-angels-last-mission-love-making-video

• Love 3

Quoted @Ni Wen's posted from ALML's thread because I'm too shy to post there.

52 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I never expected myself to like and adore an actress so much in my many years of watching Kdramas because I used to be part of the kfandom group who only like handsome cute oppas and actors:lol:.

Same to me...watching many movies and dramas from different foreign countries, I never felt this to any actor or actress. I've never thought I will have this kind of eagerness to  participate in forum thread like this, or follow all IG, twitter and other SNSs. Never thought there will be the day that I learn Korean Language just for reading the drama news (and hope one day I can watch live broadcast of her drama and understand all words) :P Now I understood why my boss's niece also learn Korean to follow her idol.

I don't know why but I think the reason doesn't matter. I will keep supporting Shin Hye Sun always. :love::blush::heart:

fAQbxwZ.jpg

• Love 4

She was trained so hard this time for ballet. From the photo I can see her knee was bruised and had some scars . She must been injured. Although we can see a professional ballet dancer through the drama, but she must had been through a hard time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Totally. I think they miss the point. All i heard was ballet and ballet. To me this is a fantasy drama on the love and encounter between a ballerina and an angel. It so just happened that the lead is written as a ballerina and to make these scenes convincing they had to hire a dance choreographer for advice but it's by no means a pure ballet drama.

It's a fantasy drama between a human being who is a ballerina and an angel. I think Hyesun did move away from the ballet topic several times and tried to move the topic onto the angel fantasy element; and stressed she didn't take the role because its a ballerina role but because of the script. If I'm not wrong, i heard her also mention "angel" several times. NOBODY asked how she portrayed the role of a BLIND ballerina. The emphasis on ballet was way too over and I felt it was just a part of the drama and not everything.

I'm also upset that Kim Bomi was the one who spoke on the ratings promise. She's eager to be noticed, I know, but I felt she should have just leave it to the leads. Call me mean ok but who's she to promise a ratings on 23% when the lead actor and actress did not say anything. This speaks so much on the eq of an actor/actress. I know I'm mean but I'm seriously just annoyed. Sorry everyone! 

And it goes back to shows how humble our Hyesun is and she is NEVER at any time hogging the limelight. She never ever crossed the boundary when she was still a supporting role in her past dramas press con because she know it's not her drama. Now you see why everyone love her so much and in praise of her as an amazing actress and an actress with a superb personality.

That show is airing same day? Which reminds me ... Maybe it’s just me but don’t you think Bo Mi’s ratings expectations was quite unrealistic? :lol: If this show even hits double digits ... I think that’s going to be a lot! But if she thinks story is good enough to hit 23% then by all means bring it on! 

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Totally. I think they miss the point. All i heard was ballet and ballet. To me this is a fantasy drama on the love and encounter between a ballerina and an angel. It so just happened that the lead is written as a ballerina and to make these scenes convincing they had to hire a dance choreographer for advice but it's by no means a pure ballet drama.

It's a fantasy drama between a human being who is a ballerina and an angel. I think Hyesun did move away from the ballet topic several times and tried to move the topic onto the angel fantasy element; and stressed she didn't take the role because its a ballerina role but because of the script. If I'm not wrong, i heard her also mention "angel" several times. NOBODY asked how she portrayed the role of a BLIND ballerina. The emphasis on ballet was way too over and I felt it was just a part of the drama and not everything.

I'm also upset that Kim Bomi was the one who spoke on the ratings promise. She's eager to be noticed, I know, but I felt she should have just leave it to the leads. Call me mean ok but who's she to promise a ratings on 23% when the lead actor and actress did not say anything. This speaks so much on the eq of an actor/actress. I know I'm mean but I'm seriously just annoyed. Sorry everyone! 

And it goes back to shows how humble our Hyesun is and she is NEVER at any time hogging the limelight. She never ever crossed the boundary when she was still a supporting role in her past dramas press con because she know it's not her drama. Now you see why everyone love her so much and in praise of her as an amazing actress and an actress with a superb personality.

Hi5! You got my feelings! There were so many aspects to talk about! I felt kind of disappointed. 

I notice Hae Sun doesn’t like to talk about ballet much anyway. She is shy and humble. She wants viewers to judge by themselves, she doesn’t want pre-praise. I’m loving that about her and that’s how it should be. 

BM did talk about and her expectations were too high! I think, everybody have their expectations from HS once again. It’s too much pressure on my poor lass. 

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

That show is airing same day? Which reminds me ... Maybe it’s just me but don’t you think Bo Mi’s ratings expectations was quite unrealistic? :lol: If this show even hits double digits ... I think that’s going to be a lot! But if she thinks story is good enough to hit 23% then by all means bring it on! 

It's not just unrealistic, it's putting pressure on the leads because whether it hits high or low, it's always attributed to the leads not her. Doctor Prisoner only went 16 or 17 the highest. I will be more than happy if it could hit this high but this is indeed too much pressure on our poor girl when she did not promised anything like that :sweatingbullets:

I notice Hae Sun doesn’t like to talk about ballet much anyway. She is shy and humble. She wants viewers to judge by themselves, she doesn’t want pre-praise. I’m loving that about her and that’s how it should be.

It’s too much pressure on my poor lass. 

Hi5 too. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

4cG2TTu.gif&key=5ef4e89473eb92af8d8aed43

CAPTION: And having met Myung-Soo-ssi in real life, really, this person is an angel-human, love-human (laughs) so (turning to him) really angel love story is him - if not him then who ? (laughs) So like this, really good synergy (breathing), I think we possess together. Thank you.:wub:

Myung-Soo's wordless reply - "More Noona, more, this feels even better to me than that S&M venom breathing thing you did to the back of my neck...":innocent: ? :naughty:

And from the full press conference posted on youtube, reposting the Director's comment at ~54min mark.

I saw this script by chance last year, but if it had just been a mere fantasy story I would not have chosen it. But our writer-nim is, although we differ in age a bit, if you look at it a certain way, a very much philosophical story, ... on the cover wrapping, it's a romantic comedy, but if you go inside, the dialogue are very much ... dialogues that can't be thrown around easily/lightly are being expressed in the script and situations where the actors need to act it out you see, and our drama was chosen as a 'ballet-drama', but in fact the more importantly, in our drama there appear 3 types of characters. An angel, a human that used to be an angel, and then, a human. These 3 appear you see. Who was the one who used to be an angel? that, we'll leave to your imagination and ... This angel ... is inspecting the humans - is this drama. Therefore the humans', for example, stubbornness or ingenuity or hate or love, Kim Hyun-Soo-ssi (writer) as she was observing them, our human-ness, ... to once more a bit more objectively take a look at, ... that kind of a drama, our drama is ... yes, before it was a mere rom-com or ballet drama, our writer-nim had spent much effort in struggle. And now, we are having a really hard time, too, because what it is, when Kim Myung-Soo-ssi does his acting we could for example direct him to pretend or ask him to make it look like he was telling a bit of fib, but you can't do that. He's an angel, and a very pure being, and unable to tell a lie, yes, that kind of a being and it's a situation where he needs to express that type of a being, ... if you consider it, as a fantasy (rather than stage props aspects) this may have been the more difficult part, I was thinking, so ... compared to what you may have experienced from fantasy dramas, that this has a different layer to it, if you can anticipate, would be appreciated.

And by Shin Hye-Sun at the 1hour 11min closing remark:

We've talked much about ballet and about fantasy, so when I look at the screenplay, each of the characters that appear in this drama, you will see the process of each one's emotions being 'lowered' all the way to the bottom. This process, that the angel gets to observe, is what is portrayed, and that process of 'degradation' of a human at times can give you chills and came to me as very scary moments, you see. So if you watch and see the many facets of (what ought to be) 'human form', human greed, I hope you can enjoy? or more soberly (as the director-nim had mentioned) as if for the first time, these are the viewing points, I wonder, so I believe it's a drama that can offer satisfaction for all your senses. Would appreciate much viewership. Thank you.

What do you think?? Does our actress know how to pick her projects??

ORWHAAT???!!!

:love:

I didn't mind that not many questions went her way and certainly didn't mind any of the other comments made by the co-stars. Both L & SHS showed their gracious hearts and grace throughout, becoz everyone knows who the stars are here. There is no dispute! By keeping their portions short, it made us want them even more, and allowed others (mostly more experienced and older) to share their important perspectives. Do Ji-Won is the most accomplished as a ballet trained artist, and her comments were full of grace also.

:innocent::innocent: And most importantly, everyone was having so much fun, and they're a team with natural great chemistry all around - and they're busy shooting still, so imagine all the BTS scenes coming our way!!

EDIT: Welcome, @At the dawn you are smart and beautiful to visit here!

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Good Morning !!!  :relaxed:

Today is D-Day.  Yes!!!!!!

bamSiER.gif

4 hours ago, meechuttso said:

What do you think?? Does our actress know how to pick her projects??

Thank you so much @meechuttso for the interview translation.

I love to read something like this, when directors and actors talked in depth about the character.

It shows more or less that she has good analysis on characters and no surprise why she can act so well and everyone said she choose her drama. 

The director of ALML said that the drama will have 'human', 'angel' and 'human who used to be an angel' and the story will be told by the view point of angel who observed the human and feel the pain of human but he will still act pure like angel who can't lie. And this angelic quality will help audience to compare and realize something about human's nature that we may neglect to look, some evil nature, greed or lie that we did everyday and accept like this is the normal thing we have to do, but in the view of angel who observed, he may see otherwise and questioned why we have to do these things.

The same with '30but17' that has 3 type of characters,  who 'suffered from trauma (Mr. Gong, Jennifer, Kim Tae-Rin representing guilty, lost, hate emotions) who is 'real naive (Yoo-chan)'  and who 'suffered also but choose to live her life in positive way (Seo-Ri)'.  So the story was told as a view of Seo-Ri who observed the world and people around her with 'pure' perspective. (I would not use the word 'naive' like many people called this drama because I don't think anyone who is smart like her but suffered the experience will ever be naive again). Because of Seo-Ri pure quality, she is like a mirror that all characters around her can look and realize themselves how the way they lived their life so far in grief, jealous and torturing themselves and they can see another alternate way which to choose to become more positive, express their mind, feel gratitude to every little things and enjoy their lives.

Reading about the director and SHS talking , now I think the drama must be daebak. Not only we will have love story with super sweet chemistry , or spectacular ballet dancing scene, but we will have the depth of characters and (hopefully) the metaphoric/philosophical value too.  

Have a good D(an, One Love) Day !!!   :kiss_wink::love::relaxed: 

Don't forget !!

3 hours before the first broadcast at 7 pm KST Special live <K TALK> 
https://www.vlive.tv/video/129059

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Some SHS-specific quotes from the full interview.

Hello I am Shin Hye-Sun who is taking on the role of Lee Yeon-Seo in 'Dan, Only One Love'
        We are going truly all over the country working hard to shoot, and with tomorrow's first broadcast gives me flutters and anticipation and I hope a good work is produced. Thank you.

About 30 minute mark

Um, getting to take on a ballerina role.... well it wasn't because of the ballerina role itself, but in truth the character named Yeon-Seo was what I loved ('was attracted to'). Then I realized that she was a ballerina, ... And in truth, in truth regarding the fact that it was a ballet role I felt some burden as a result, but still it was a role that I didn't want to miss out on. And with respect to the pose shown on the poster, our director-nim Yang kept saying 'more, more, bend back more', and so we were able to strike such a pose.

By director of choreography, Choi Soo-Jin, about 37 min mark

First of all the question sounds like you're asking how were the two actresses' (Bomi & Hyesun) skill levels, the occupation of a ballerina itself whether mentally or physically, for me as well even up till the present moment, it's a very demanding work. And in Bomi-ssi's case, first time in 10 years she had to put on her toe-shoes again, and in Hye-Sun-ssi's case, when she was a child, ballet, as a hobby.... (SHS laughs) oh, not even that little bit?

In fact in a state when we weren't prepared at all we had met, but truly, I was moved. Both ladies, mental-wise, they had to prepare to take on the role of a top ballerina , and physical-wise, their bodies, for few months, it must have been actually like receiving torture. Not just that but with pilates-??tone?? in such a short time had to train them, so it was a struggle mentally, but without a hint of "I won't do it, it hurts," but instead, with words like "I'll try one more time, tell me how one more time," they kept bugging me (smiles), so really, as dancers, their look of trying hard to express in beautiful forms, was very moving for me.

SHS: 42 minutes

Um... Ah... With ballet.... ballet is,... was really difficult. In fact ballet is a key ingredient in our drama, but at first when I had decided I am going to do this work, in my mind, I was drawn to this Yeon-Seo character's 'flow of emotion' and is why I started. In reality as I was reading the script it was about Yeon-Seo's emotions, but actually with respect to how as we were preparing for and starting the shoots, ballet was a very large, very large element, among which those that I had to be ready for. So because my body, ... body nor basics, nothing was in a ready state, so every time I saw the director of choreography-nim, I couldn't look her in the eyes (laughs), with a feeling of apology always, everyone was working hard to teach me, and around us there were many dancers, those who appear in the drama and on stage, and as I practiced together with them, I watched much and learned much, it feels like. In truth it wasn't like my ballet skills were improving day to day or month to month, no matter how I tried. But within the schedule I could work with, I did my level best and, was helped much (looking to her coach to her right), and what was the other question?

Ah, yes our drama is a fantasy but for Myung-Soo-ssi there are many scenes where he has to work from imagination, but for me, scenes with CG etc., those kinds of scenes I had not done yet, so fantasy element scenes I am counting on Myung-Soo-ssi and as for me, basically, I've always liked fantasy romance genre and (those elements) our drama came out nicely.

Repeat of above closing remarks.

We've talked much about ballet and about fantasy, so when I look at the screenplay, each of the characters that appear in this drama, you will see the process of each one's emotions being 'lowered' all the way to the bottom. This process, that the angel gets to observe, is what is portrayed, and that process of 'degradation' of a human at times can give you chills and came to me as very scary moments, you see. So if you watch and see the many facets of (what ought to be) 'human form', human greed, I hope you can enjoy? or more soberly (as the director-nim had mentioned) as if for the first time, these are the viewing points, I wonder, so I believe it's a drama that can offer satisfaction for all your senses. Would appreciate much viewership. Thank you.

tumblr_prvn6dRT7A1valxs7o3_r1_1280.jpg

Tall and bubbly - just love this hair and the one-piece - so youthful - don't cut off that beautiful hair, ever again, Hye-Sun-ssi! :scream:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Thanks 2

http://m.fashionn.com/board/read.php?table=style&number=28777

https://1boon.kakao.com/fashionn/5ce4ad356a8e5100013c9a8a

Shin Hye Sun, the essence of flawless little black dress look ‘Only one beauty’ (단 하나의 미모)

a99994594fb34724b26ce02f68720cf8.JPG

Oh, I just know that her dress and her shoes are from the same brand.

(Sorry, not the same brand, my bad eyes embarrassed me again :P)

https://newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201905221101152410

‘Dan, one love' Shin Hye-sun, 'Swan Lake' ballet show unfolds

201905221101152410_1.jpg

• Love 1