1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

I checked with this link and the numbers are a little different.:lol:

http://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/mobile/main/main.do

I think because the system that collected the statistic is real time. Sometimes the cut-off time for each website to report the number each day may be slightly different for 1-2  min and the number kept coming. So it’s possible for some difference :) The number that wasn’t counted today will be counted as tomorrow’s number. 

1 hour ago, iffy21 said:

Are there more reviews out?

I think reviews now mostly are the same, quite stable and repetitive. 
Positive reviews are about acting and actors were great. 
Story , some loved , some liked, some didn’t.

But mostly from Naver rating, 80% liked this movies. 

What will happen next depends on the inactive audiences. Here we have a movie with good acting, good content, good review. On the other side there is Covid situation which will still be with us for a while. So it’s up to other audiences now if they’re going to come out and support good movie and help encourage more good movies to release later

or they will let the situation set back to 1-2  months ago again that movies were postponed or gave up releasing. 

For me, I’m satisfied already. At least SHS, other actors and the director got lots of credit from this film and I will wait to see on Netflix or BD/DVD anyway.  :D 

• Love 3

I know its early days but Innocence is clearly the number one movie at the moment. That is so gratifying and significant. The raves for Shin Hye Sun's acting are music to my ears. I hope she is deleriously happy right now. I know all the actors are really good and the story is interesting and compelling, but I believe it is SHS herself that is drawing in the audiences the most. I think everyone who pays attention in Korea knows that she is one of their best actors and anything she is involved in is a must see.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Theater guidance.

More videos

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=577111543222164

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=826216248199060

Cine21 interview.

Now the number is reconciled...LOL..:D

huep5jk.jpg

Trend of audience numbers.

iTHIafY.jpg

9 trivial facts about Shin Hye Sun 'Diction Fairy'

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=28502189&memberNo=31724756

Spoiler

Wow...movie theater by the sea (Megabox theater at Samcheonpo)  :love:

• Love 3

Ok...at least we can see 28 second of the movie...LOL..

This review said 

'Innocence' is 신혜선의, 신혜선에 의한, 신혜선을 위한 영화

The movie of Shin Hye Sun, by Shin Hye Sun, for Shin Hye Sun

:thumbsup::love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, iffy21 said:

50% that's freaking awesome. Is that the final figure for today? I honestly hope it goes up to 80% over the weekend.

Now I'm really confused about the word 'advance sale rate (예매율)

If I check the KOFIC  website (which is website that integrated data realtime from all cinemas) it got 26 % real-time advance sale rate.

http://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/stat/boxs/findRealTicketList.do

hfifgUi.jpg

The definition of advance ticket rate from KOFIC website is  number of advance ticket sale of a specific movie / number of advance ticket sale of all movies.   The meanig of 'advance' is that the ticket must be sold 2 hours before screentime. 

So from KOFIC it means from all movies that got advance ticket sold today (Jun 13th) now 'Innocence'  got 26.2% share of all movies.  But this number didn't tell us from all total seat available for only 'Innocence' movie, how many were sold or were advanced booked.  

But in Naver it showed 50%  (Daum movie also showed 49%)

https://movie.naver.com/

I  really don't know what 50% rate means , probably it's the advance ticket sold from only  Naver website. 

So in conclusion, 'Innocence' performed better than other movie, but don't know how well. :lol:

ecHaGtG.jpg

This is photos from ‘Secret Forest 2’ shooting.

Someone said physical of woman in this photo looks like SHS.

What do you think ?

For me I still don’t know how Eun-Soo can come back in this drama. Or she might just visit the shooting set ?

I think SHS should be as tall as Cho Seong Woo (or may be taller). But the woman in the photo is wearing heels and still shorter. And SHS’ hair should be longer ?

Is it possible that they used some SHS stand-in ? :D

Anyway, if we can see her in this drama again, it would be great.

4oNKSKG.jpg

I'm terrible at math and willfully shameful at logic, not to mention unapologetically biased, but I'll choose to look at this 26.2% share for Innocence as a huge win. It means that between the other 9 movies, they got 73.8% between them. I know that the 73.8% was not evenly divided among the other 9, but if it was, they would each have 8.2%. That means that Innocence is about 3.2 times more popular than the average of the 9 others movies. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

5cWtGhQ.jpg

Everybody please see 'Innocence'... Shin Hye Sun is god 

nQP0fii.jpg

Originally I liked Shin Hye Sun, but now watched 'Innocence'  I think I became a fan. 

JzBdb1B.jpg

'Innocence' review.

Shin Hye Sun is pretty

Shin Hye Sun is good-looking

Shin Hye Sun is cool

Shin Hye Sun is amazing

She Hye Sun acted so well

WgqzSJN.jpg

Shin Hye Sun' charm filled the screen.  I think she's like a superhero. 

p6vXCjv.jpg

First time I watched (Innocence) I focused on her face

The second time I watched, I focused on story

Tomorrow when I watched for the third time, I will focus on Hye Sun + story

The movie is so good.

(I'm so envious :D)

When watching her from TV screen we can still feel her power and emotion directly to our heart. 

No doubt why many audiences felt so moved by her acting when watching her on big screen.

I wish I would have the same chance. 

• Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Im so happy it broke 100k today!

Reading the reviews made me so freaking touched and proud! :)

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

This is photos from ‘Secret Forest 2’ shooting.

Someone said physical of woman in this photo looks like SHS.

Its not HS. It's Bae Doo Na :sweat_smile:

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Lately because I want to see SHS's movie but I don't know how.

So I spent time watching movies that SHS mentioned instead. 

Here are some list of movies that she mentioned.

- The Chaser

- Batman Returns

- Only The Brave

- Joker

- The Crucible 

The last 3 movies I never watched before because I had no time but now I picked them because of Hye Sun and they are so good.

Especially 'The Crucible'  that she mentioned since 'She Was Pretty' interview that when she was student she acted as 'Abigail Williams' role in a play, and she got gold medal award in national contest.  (referred to @meechuttso post below)

This movie is okay in terms of story but not much emotional until the climax scene of Daniel Day-Lewis. It's so powerful that gave me goosebump and cried :bawling:    And I found that Shin Hye Sun' inner is quite similar to him.  The acting of the eyes and facial expression showing pain and despair is so amazing.  (You may say who I am to compare an Oscar winner to SHS. But I really feel this way watching their acting. May be the level is still different but their method is quite similar)  :love:

Spoiler

cpFPa1h.jpg

Good night !!! :love:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Shin Hye Sun is definitely as good or better than many Oscar winners. Now that Academy Awards recognize foriegn films more accurately, like Parasite, maybe she will have a chance to be nominated some day. If she was also fluent in English and made English language movies, she would be a perpetual contender. How could it be otherwise with the calibre of her acting. Meryl Steep move over.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Official Boxoffice result Jun 13th

I hope today the movie will get another 100K audiences too.

gPVqjtj.jpg

6 hours ago, Man-O-Man said:

Shin Hye Sun is definitely as good or better than many Oscar winners. Now that Academy Awards recognize foriegn films more accurately, like Parasite, maybe she will have a chance to be nominated some day. If she was also fluent in English and made English language movies, she would be a perpetual contender. How could it be otherwise with the calibre of her acting. Meryl Steep move over.

Everytime I watch any movie that the female character is so good, I always imagined to see SHS played that role.  

I hope her acting in 'Innocence' will impress many Korean top directors and will get more good movie offers.  I think if she has chance to be in the movie of internationally well-known Korean directors then she will get the international awards someday. Her ability is that level already but she just needs to be recognized. At least as Netflix is showing most of her works is quite a recogniztion in a certain level. 

For me I think she doesn't need to speak English to get the award because her acting is a pure art , which can bypass any language and get directly to the audiences' hearts.   Korean people priased her as 'Diction Fairy' which is very good. But honestly because I'm a foreigner I still can't distinguish between good or bad diction. Most of the time I (and also most international fans) watched her dramas with subtitle but we can still feel her acting power.

Below is the list of non-English speaking actors who nominated/won Oscar.  Hope someday I will see Shin Hye Sun's name...(you will say again who I am to compare those oscar winners to SHS...LOL :D, please bear with me, but this is SHS thread).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_nominated_for_Academy_Awards_for_non-English_performances

More photos (credit to owners).

yeFbtDQ.jpg

odPNnNO.jpg

T3rMYmx.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A video about Shin Hye Sun

There're 2 interesting points mentioned in the video .  The rest we already knew.

Because she's fan of 'Naul' so when she appeared in his MV she did it for free.  

In 2014 she was cast for drama 'High School King of Savvy'.  After finished that drama,  the director Yoo Je-Won's next work is 'Oh My Ghost' and he cast SHS again.The writer Jo Sung-Hee also had new work in drama 'She Was Pretty' and SHS was cast too. 

So in year 2015 SHS got cast for 2 dramas and she had to shoot both dramas at the same time.  In the morning she did the shooting for 'She Was Pretty' and in the afternoon shot 'Oh My Ghost'. She said in the interview that it's so hard for her.   ( The other day I read some Korean forum quoted SHS that she worked like a cow, then another person said 'Even a cow doesn't work hard like this' :D)

:love::kiss_wink::heart:

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Today's numbers for Innocence is out! 99,421

Still a happy and very good result!

Im so happy Innocence is getting all the good reviews.

It makes me want to watch the movie even more. 

Yeah !!!  congratulations :kiss_wink:

The number looks good, didn't drop much on Sunday.

Tomorrow I think it will decrease because of weekdays which is normal but let's hope it will still perform well and maintain the momentum. 

2h2IftO.jpg

JWVd58I.jpg

Today 'Innocence' has 53% share of ticket sale (slightly increased from 51.8 % yesterday). 

Cumulaive audiences is now 314,741. 

Video about Korean actresses who spoke foreign language in dramas. 

• Love 4

http://m.sportsseoul.com/news/read/926924

'결백', 입소문 타고 흥행질주…113일만 개봉주 최다 관객수

'Innocence' fast ride through word of mouth....the largest audience in 113 days.   :thumbsup:

영화 ‘결백(박상현 감독)’이 개봉 첫 주 약 31만 관객을 기록하며 전체 박스오피스 1위를 차지, 극장가에 활력을 가져다주고 있다

15일 영화진흥위원회 통합전산망에 따르면 개봉 주 누적 관객수 31만 4750명, 전체 박스오피스 1위를 기록한 것은 물론, 지난 2월 19일 개봉한 ‘지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들’ 이후 113일만에 개봉 주 최다 관객수를 달성하며 침체된 극장가에 활력을 가져다줄 견인차 노릇을 톡톡히 하고 있다

Movie 'Innocence'  (director Park Sang Hyun) recorded approximately 310000 audiences in the first week release, taking the first place in the entire box office, bringing vitality to the theaters.

According to the Korean Film Council on Jun15th, the cumulative audience for the opening week was 314,750 and recorded no 1 on the box office. It has achieved the largest audience in the opening week in 113 days since the movie ‘Beasts Clawing At Straws’ (지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들), was released on Feb 19th and it is playing a role as a tow truck to bring vitality to the stagnant theater district.  

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

I love the headlines.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020061508494100797

'결백' 순항중..신혜선, 시청률 퀸→스크린도 흥행 여신

'Innocence' cruising...Shin Hye Sun, Queen of rating --> Box office gooddess too.

This article praised her a lot.

https://www.ize.co.kr/articleView.html?no=2020061509257233271

https://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2020061509257233271

신혜선, 불가능이 없는 연기 도장깨기 달인

Shin Hye Sun , nothing is impossible in acting, master of dojo breaking'

(actually the headline use the word  도장개기  - rubber stamp, but in the article it used 도장깨기 which means dojo-breaking to describe SHS won her acting challenges one by one like a warrior that broke the martial art dojo one by one) :wub:

배우 신혜선이 자신의 도장깨기 이력에 새로운 분야를 적어 넣었다.

Actor Shin Hye-sun wrote a new field in her record of breaking the dojo.

이번 도전장을 받은 도장의 간판은 ‘상업 영화’다. 신혜선의 첫 주연 영화 ‘결백’(감독 박상현, 제작 영화사이디오플랜)은 지난 10일 개봉 후 연일 박스오피스 1위를 달리며 누적 관객수 30만 관객을 넘어섰다. 

The dojo's signboard to be challenged this time is 'commercial movie'. Shin Hye-sun's first starring film “Innocence” (director Park Sang-hyun, produced by the movie Sioplan) ran first in the box office every day after opening on the 10th, exceeding the cumulative audiences of 300,000.

신혜선은 그 어려운 일을 능히 완수하며 자신을 향한 물음표를 말끔히 지워냈다. ‘딕션 요정’이라는 별명답게 특유의 또박또박한 발음으로 법정신을 소화했고, 트레이드 마크인 눈물 연기로 영화가 담은 드라마를 표현했다. 배종옥, 허준호 등 내공 깊은 선배 배우들과 함께 하면서도 밀리지 않는 힘을 보여줬다. 어째서 대중들이 신혜선이라는 이름 앞에 ‘스타’ 보다 ‘배우’를 먼저 떠올리는지를 느낄 수 있게 하는 호연이었다.

Shin Hye-sun successfully achieved the difficult task and completely erased the question mark toward herself. As her nickname 'Diction Fairy', she acted in the legal role with her accurate pronunciation, and expressed her crying trademark acting in the film same as in her dramas. She showed strong power that didn't fall behind while acting together with senior actors Bae Jong-ok and Heo Joon-ho. It's because of her good acting that made public thinks of Shin Hye-sun as an 'actor' rather than 'star'.

드라마 ‘황금빛 내 인생’의 메가 히트 이후 화려한 스포트라이트가 감싸고 있기에 미처 보이지 않을 수 있지만 배우 신혜선의 위치는 하루아침에 만들어진 것이 아니다. 소속사도 없이 직접 프로필을 돌리며 단역부터 시작해 조연으로, 그리고 주연까지 올라서며 ‘시청률의 여왕’이라는 수식어까지 거머쥐었다. 오로지 배우라는 길만 오롯하게 걸어온, 마치 도장깨기를 하듯 자신의 과제를 하나하나 격파해 온 연기 무사가 바로 신혜선이다. 걸어온 시간만큼 그 내공이 결코 평범할 리 없다

After the mega hit of the drama “My Golden Life,” it may not be visible to see that ** (seeing that she's recalled an actor rather than star) because she was covered in a glamourous spotlight, but the actor Shin Hye Sun's position was not built overnight. Without an agency, she built her profile by herself, started from small roles, supporting roles, until rising to the leading role and grasp the title as "Queen of audience rating." 

Walking the long road to become the dedicated actor, Shin Hye Sun is like an acting warrior who has defeated her assignments one by one, as if breaking dojo. It's never a common thing to endure that kind of walk. 

(and the name of her next dojo to break is 'Dogul'...hahaha.. :D)

:love::kiss_wink::heart:

• Love 2