1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

I think i'll wait a little bit to see if it deserves more concern: i mean if she doesn't win weight during her next project (which should be easy she loves to eat!) and doesn't take a break after it, i'll be seriously worried.

But for now, i feel like her weight loss, even excessive, is understandable: it's what ballerinas look like. Refusing to look the part would seem unprofessional, a lack of commitment. She is far from being a professional dancer, so she will certainly be criticized for the lack of realism, she can't afford to lose more credibility points for not making enough efforts, even though it's not the point of the drama (love is the main subject).

I see her as someone who can go far to immerse herself in a role, but also as someone who bounces quickly into her the next project and doesn't keep much of the hardship she sometimes suffers to live up to the high expectations she has for herself. 

In all cases, the ideal would be for her to have a summer break where she takes time to travel: a tour of Europe with lot of pretty food pics on her ig would be a nice change.:blush:     

It just seems that excessive weight loss is totally unnecessary for any drama project, let alone a 20 episode drama.

Her character is a former ballerina, the story is (likely, or could be written as) about the former ballerina's struggle to move forward and change her post-ballerina life in a positive manner. 

All the ballet scenes could be easily handled by stand-ins, leaving SHS to focus on the actual acting elements of the role.

Excessive weight loss is not "understandable." It is dangerous. This is well-documented.

"Unprofessional", "lacking commitment", "credibility points"- all of these are relatively meaningless.

YNK and SHS need to be looking out for SHS' health, both in the short- and long-term.

The adverse effects of this particular hardship are not necessarily ones that can be shaken off with "a lot of pretty food."

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Our OTP was spotted shooting at the beach , I think they're still at Cheong San-do.

Seeing only SHS and L shooting many scenes there (without any photo of 2nd leads) gave me hope that there might be many romantic scenes of both.

P.S.  I don't have much comments about weight. 

Actually seeing her managed to lose weight in '30but17' gave me inspiration to do that, and after many months passed and the result I got, I really want to thank her for that (she's my inspiration to begin doing lots of new things or to change my old perspectives about many things).  But somehow, I hope she will not overdo too much and hope she will stay healthy and have enough rest.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 5/13/2019 at 7:54 PM, titania1000 said:

I'm  troubled by her weight:(: she clearly was forced to lose a lot, even too much, to fit the role of a ballerina. I hope she will get back to a more healthy appearance after the drama. However I thought she was really pretty in the Guerilla date teasers. Her long legs and make up killed me.  :w00t:     

I'm troubled by her weight too at first, she's so skinny! But I think she will bounce back again after this drama. She gives her all and put in 100% for her every role. I believe she's losing weight because she's supposed to play a top ballerina, and I feel her mindset is that since she can't possibly dance like a pro, at least she should look like one.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:42 PM, titania1000 said:

I see her as someone who can go far to immerse herself in a role, but also as someone who bounces quickly into her the next project and doesn't keep much of the hardship she sometimes suffers to live up to the high expectations she has for herself

I agree with you so much! She's always immersed fully in a role and get into another role as quickly. Like how she immediately went in for additional shooting for HOD right after wrapping up 3017; and how we see her in a wrap up party with Innocent team in end Feb and next few weeks later she's started filming for ALML; in between Innocent and ALML she's also started on ballet training. I always believe she's enjoying all these acting projects/work and trust that she knows her limits on how far to push herself. So let's not worry too much!

On 5/13/2019 at 7:54 PM, titania1000 said:

Visually the couple she made with Sung Hoon is still n°1: they looked real.

Yes, they really DID look real.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:42 PM, titania1000 said:

Apparently, Koreans viewers are spoiled by KBS:)

It seems to be a selection for an event/screening for the premiere.    

I like how they hyped the drama so far: they really want high ratings! 

KBS has been very active in promos these few weeks that I'm thinking this drama looks like their blockbuster of the year:D. But I have no complaints. C'mon give us more! I'm expecting Guerilla Date to be shown this Friday too. Won't mind if I see them in Happy Together this week too :P

On 5/13/2019 at 9:43 PM, kokkuri33 said:

Plus, if she does that tomb robbery movie, there will only be weeks between projects.

My sixth sense tells me that movie is gonna be a male centric movie and that her role will be somewhat a minor one. Perhaps that's why she's jumping in right from finishing ALML. I'm still hoping she gets a chance to be in that Lee Min Ho blockbuster, she needs to be in one blockbuster!

Let's all countdown to next week and get ready our popcorn! I'm so ready to meet Lee Yeonseo!:)

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

My six sense tells me that movie is gonna be a male centric movie and that her role will be somewhat a minor one. Perhaps that's why she's jumping in right from finishing ALML. I'm still hoping she gets a chance to be in that Lee Min Ho blockbuster, she needs to be in one blockbuster!

Let’s not overthink. :lol: She can jump right into the next cause she has the stamina for it. She is young and a rising star. It’s normal for her to grab as many opportunities as possible.

She is kinda reminding me of how Chae Soo Bin was, she jumped from one project from the next when she gained popularity and recognition in MDBC. She had busy couple of years but she survived. I’m sure it will be the same with Hae Sun. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I told you guys! :lol: L maybe be taller naturally by an inch or two - I even thought that may be not ... But HS definitely passes him with heels! 

Those pictures! I don’t have any patience anymore! :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

201905151321360410_3.jpg

201905151321360410_1.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/comment/list?oid=609&aid=0000107059&cid=1073789

https://news.joins.com/article/23468065

단, 하나의 사랑’ 신혜선 “발레 배우기 가장 힘들었다, 몸만드는데 집중”(일문일답)

'Dan, One Love'  Shin Hye Sun "Ballet learning is the hardest, so I focused on building (ballerina) body" (Q&A)

(I just translate only the words from her - any mistranslation, please forgive me  :sweatingbullets:)

Shin Hye Sun said "When I read the script for the first time, I was extremely drawn by the revealing and flowing of its attractive/gripping power.  My role this time is freezing cold-as-ice Lee Yeon Seo which is fresh and different character that I've never taken before."

Spoiler

신혜선은 출연 결심 이유에 대해 “처음 대본을 읽었을 때, 흡입력 있게 흘러가는 전개가 굉장히 매력적으로 다가왔다”고 밝혔다. 이어 “이번에 제가 맡은 역할 이연서는 한 번도 맡아 본 적 없는 얼음장같이 차가운 캐릭터라 신선했고 색달랐다”

"One word to describe Yeon-Seo character is ‘독’ (poison/venom). Lee Yeon Seo in this play is a person whom everyone looks up to and envy. She seems cold enough to call 'professional'. The hot-tempered personality with hidden painful past contradicted to image of desperate loneliness are attractively appealing.

Spoiler

신혜선은 “이연서’를 한 마디로 표현하자면 ‘독’ 같은 인물인 것 같다”고 표현했다. “극 중에서 연서는 모두가 부러워하는 부와 명예를 다 가졌지만, 다른 사람들이 ‘프로싸가지’라고 부를 만큼 차가운 인물인 것 같다. 다혈질적인 성격 이면에 숨겨진 아픈 과거, 그리고 외로움이 절실하게 묻어나는 상반된 모습들이 매력적으로 다가왔다”

"Ballet learning is the hardest, so I decided to make the best appearance by focusing on building body line and flexible posture of ballerina."

Spoiler

“발레를 배워야 한다는 점이 가장 힘들었다”며 “출연을 결정한 이후부터 나름대로 유연한 몸과 발레리나의 자세, 몸 선을 만드는 데 집중했다”

(edited) From 'KBS drama' IG

Edited by immorethant
  • Love 1

https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/201905158825k

Dan, one love' Choi Soo-jin "Shin Hye-sun, surprising ballet skill changed in three months"

Interview of Choi Soo-Jin, who is in charged as choreography director of this drama.

(the part that she mentioned Shin Hye Sun).

About 4 months that all actors have been practiced together with the troupe from Seoul ballet theater, especially the main lead Shin Hye Sun. "She really worked hard. Within only 3 months her appearance changed a lot and her ballet skill is very astonishing. I thought to myself that 'This should be made into a movie'.  Really looked great on the stage that made me want to cry" She expressed her impression.

Spoiler

약 4개월 동안 배우, 서울발레시어터 발레단과 함께 연습을 이어온 그는 특히 주인공 신혜선에 대해 “정말 노력파다. 결국 3개월 만에 정말 많이 달라진 모습을 보여줬다. 달라진 발레 실력에 너무 놀라워서 ‘이건 영화로 만들어야 된다’는 생각까지 했다. 한 무대에서는 너무 잘해줘서 눈물이 나더라. 울컥했다”며 감동받은 마음을 드러냈다.

So, she was praised by a professional dancer. Bravo ! :thumbsup::love::kiss_wink:

• Love 4

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

"Ballet learning is the hardest, so I decided to make the best appearance by focusing on building body line and flexible posture of ballerina."

The reason why she had to lose so much weight, like what we had said.

So happy to hear Choi Soojin sing her praises.

Our girl is the best. Professional to a tee.... as always! :thumbsup:

• Love 2

Now it's 6 pm KST, the video of 1st ep preview was released already (but it's not available for international viewer).

However, I'm still at work and will need to attend meeting, so I can't upload the alternate link now :tears:

So see you later in 2-3 hours , I hope someone will share the video too.

(credit : iwanttocu_831 twitter)

• Love 1

P.S. Did this blind girl just dodge the attack and kick the guy ? :scream:

Who is she really ?  Yeon-Seo or Zatoichi ? 

Now I know she can play in action movie.  Really want to see her in 'Tomb Robbery', she must be cool !!! 

3Y1LgQr.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Yes, she can do the high kick like this so her body must be really flexible for ballerina role. 

Another good news.

On May 22nd at 7 pm. (1 hour before drama premiere), all 4 main actors will appear in V-Live's K Talk (probably the same as Early Interview).  So please stay tune. :relaxed:

https://www.vlive.tv/video/129059

r5h2fzH.jpg

And this IG owner from Japan just visited Seo Ji-An's home and neighborhood.

• LOL 1