@meechuttso   Thanks for all your updates and translations on SHS!  I have become a big fan of hers and plan to watch all her future projects.  I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate all your updates.  I hope she becomes a top actress one day and get a lead role :lol:

• Like 4

I like to imagine that she reads this thread and obliged my wishes by posting again :phew:

Translated:

Hello, this is Shin HyeSun. 7 months I lived as YeonTae. Through this drama called "Five Children", I have received the kind of love that I dared not have even imagined. To bid farewell now, rather than a sense of freedom, feelings of heartache(아쉬움- 'longing for something missed') and sadness comes first, but to the extent that YeonTae has become happy I would like to smile and let her go. Through 7 months of so many people's rooting and encouragement, this truly unworthy newbie actress seems to have matured leaps and bounds ('grown a hand taller'). When I look back these were times that feel like a dream. Together along with teachers and seniors, and colleague actors, I got to learn the joy of acting; and working alongside a top-notch staff worthy of director Kim JungGyu, writer Jung Hana, I got to know the happiness of the shooting scene. As I continue on in my acting, I shall always live while recalling this present mindset. And to my fans. For YeonTae and for caring for and loving this actress Shin HyeSun I thank you most truly. In the upcoming "One Day"(movie) and "Legend of the Blue Sea"(drama), I shall do my utmost to repay with yet different (facets of my) acting. Finally, please be sure to watch tonight's last episode of "Five Children". I shall endeavor to be an actress who will always keep the faith. Everyone I love you.

:heart:

While SungHoon / SangMin's tux pics float about, the bride YeonTae's white gown is a top secret so far. She coyly only posts a pic only of her script keeping her viewers craning their necks in waiting. What great drama! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, OliviaMT said:

@meechuttso   Thanks for all your updates and translations on SHS!  I have become a big fan of hers and plan to watch all her future projects.  I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate all your updates.  I hope she becomes a top actress one day and get a lead role :lol:

My guilty pleasure! I gave birth to this thread so I feel like her step mom, sort of - did you notice SungHoon's thread is quite neglected? Poor fellow. But you are right - she's the kind of actress who will be around a long time to come!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I like to imagine that she reads this thread and obliged my wishes by posting again :phew:

Translated:

Hello, this is Shin HyeSun. 7 months I lived as YeonTae. Through this drama called "Five Children", I have received the kind of love that I dared not have even imagined. To bid farewell now, rather than a sense of freedom, feelings of heartache(아쉬움- 'longing for something missed') and sadness comes first, but to the extent that YeonTae has become happy I would like to smile and let her go. Through 7 months of so many people's rooting and encouragement, this truly unworthy newbie actress seems to have matured leaps and bounds ('grown a hand taller'). When I look back these were times that feel like a dream. Together along with teachers and seniors, and colleague actors, I got to learn the joy of acting; and working alongside a top-notch staff worthy of director Kim JungGyu, writer Jung Hana, I got to know the happiness of the shooting scene. As I continue on in my acting, I shall always live while recalling this present mindset. And to my fans. For YeonTae and for caring for and loving this actress Shin HyeSun I thank you most truely. In the upcoming "One Day"(movie) and "Legend of the Blue Sea"(drama), I shall do my utmost to repay with yet different (facets of my) acting. Finally, please be sure to watch tonight's last episode of "Five Children". I shall endeavor to be an actress who will always keep the faith. Everyone I love you.

:heart:

While SungHoon / SangMin's tux pics float about, the bride YeonTae's white gown is a top secret so far. She coyly only posts a pic only of her script keeping her viewers craning their necks in waiting. What great drama! :sweatingbullets:

Beautiful & touching words from beautiful SHS (our YT)! :heart: And written just in time, especially as we now have mixed feelings of excitement about (including "the" wedding) :D and melancholy over :( the "last" episode of "Five Children" tonight! B)

@meechuttso, thanks for sharing! :D

• Like 4

Shin HyeSun - "'AeGyo' essence? Can't over do it".

[xsportsnews Kim EuJin reporting] Actress Shin HyeSun shows off her loveable charms through the pictorial.

Shin HyeSun recently moved ahead with her shooting with Star & Fashion Magazaine "InStyle".

Having shown her 'pure/simple' charms through her work in KBS drama "Five Children" which concluded on the 21st, Shin HyeSun conveyed her feelings on 6+ months of life as YeonTae, saying "because it's the first time being involved in one work for so long, there's much love and affection. Actually at the beginning of the story, how to portray this YeonTae girl who is unsophisticated and good-natured but outwardly given to prickly words, was rather difficult. Of course by now I've become so familiar with this character, but sadly I have to let her go now. But it's still OK", laughing.

And saying "YeonTae will go on living happier than me," during the entire shoot, with her unique eye-smiles and cute way of talking, she captivated the staff.

When asked about the secret to AeGyo, Shin HyeSun said, "in general I don't have much AeGyo, but due to my nasally voice people think that I do, perhaps. Don't know much about it, but the essence of AeGyo that I've come to realize is that 'one must never over-do it'" she revealed.

Shin HyeSun, who will star with fellow actors Kim MyungMin, Byun Yohan in the movie "One Day", and has been cast in second half(2016)'s most anticipated drama "Legend of the Blue Sea", is receiving a very warm spotlight - we can meet her in the September issue of her "InStyle" pictorial.

slowlife@xportsnews.com / photo - InStyle

AeGyo explained: http://www.soompi.com/2013/01/23/do-you-know-your-korean-slang-part-1/14/

This article http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=758896 goes with the pics above.

• Like 8

3517_3991_5756.png

Shin HyeSun, thru film/drama work rise to "GPW"*** status
Moved by her fans' love - "Endeavor to be an actress who does her utmost"

Shin HyeSun is showing rapid progression befitting a 'rising star'.

Shin HyeSun expressed on her Instagram her gratitude for the love received from fans through her work in the just-finished KBS2 weekend drama 'Five Children'.

Shin HyeSun, along with a photo of the final script, shared, "7 months I lived as YeonTae...." (see previously translated IG post on this thread)
In this work Shin HyeSun, while taking on the role of a dating-clueless Lee YeonTae's one-sided crushing on her friend for 7 years, caught the attention of the viewers for her pure and fresh appearance. In particular, for her portrayal of the awkward-at-love YeonTae's transformation into a 'high-level-lover' upon her meeting with SangMin (SungHoon), with her unique and loveable charms, has landed her the title of next-generation "RomCom Queen".

Having established her position as a "GPW", Shin HyeSun will work with Byun YoHan in a film 'One Day', and with Jeon JiHyeon/Lee MinHo couple in a drama written by 'My Love from a Star' writer Park JiEun in the coming second half (2016)'s most-anticipated work, SBS drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" (writer Park JiEun, producer Jin Hyuk), her quick casting in the role showing her rapid rise.

Jeong SeungJoon reporting: jsjiemn.kr

http://www.iemn.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=3517

*** Translator note:
GPW - "Dae-Se'-Neyo": 'woman with great authority & influence' - calling it GPW (great powerful woman) - just making this up as I go :phew:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

3517_3991_5756.png

Shin HyeSun, thru film/drama work rise to "GPW"*** status
Moved by her fans' love - "Endeavor to be an actress who does her utmost"

Shin HyeSun is showing rapid progression befitting a 'rising star'....

Having established her position as a "GPW", Shin HyeSun will work with Byun YoHan in a film 'One Day', and with Jeon JiHyeon/Lee MinHo couple in a drama written by 'My Love from a Star' writer Park JiEun in the coming second half (2016)'s most-anticipated work, SBS drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" (writer Park JiEun, producer Jin Hyuk), her quick casting in the role showing her rapid rise.

Jeong SeungJoon reporting: jsjiemn.kr

http://www.iemn.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=3517

*** Translator note:
GPW - "Dae-Se'-Neyo": 'woman with great authority & influence' - calling it GPW (great powerful woman) - just making this up as I go :phew:

Sorry to reduce the post. I just want to focus on her upcoming projects. It will be very beneficial if her role in the new projects increase and she gets more screen time as a result of her new found popularity. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, inlovewithtv said:

Hello everyone! Flush just updated the YouTube page with a video of SHS

Hello this is SHS. 1358 days, it's been I'm told, since my debut. Oh really, just time has flown by so fast, it's amazing. I had debuted with "School 2013", then "O My Ghostess", "High School King of Savvy", "She was Pretty", and then "Five Children" included,... oh such good productions I've appeared in it seems. I'm so moved.... Now with the "Five Children" finished, this time in the film "Haru" (One Day) and the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea", I plan to show you different looks, and so please anticipate those in the future, and I shall be working hard also.

---

We hope you're around for 13,580 more at least, oori-HyeSun-see :lol::heart:

• Like 7

The thread for Five Chilren has the sub for the YouTube clip above 

Spoiler
2 hours ago, alleram95 said:

I purposely haven't watched the subbed for ep 53 and 54.. If I watched, I must admit the series has ended.. :P 

There's a talk show(?) / a discussion (?) about the ending of 5Kids.. 

In the opening scene, one of the reporter (?) talked how she enjoyed to watch the drama with her whole family, how she asked her husband to be like Sangtae. Another woman said what made the drama so popular that the ratings are over 30%. She said that even thought the issue about remarriage and divorcee are quite heavy, this drama presented in a light way. About 8 minutes, we saw the highlight of the scene between the main couple, ST-MJ (omg I really miss the fun and comedy in the earlier episode)

Top 3 1 minute best scene..

in the 3rd place with percentage 43.4% was Wooyoung, Woojo and Sangtae scene in the supermarket where Woojo revealed that Sangtae are their stepdad, which also become one of the reason for Wooyoung and Soo's fight with their friend. The panel team talked that the situation is a fact and happened in the real world and how serious it is in their society. They also talked about the sensitive topic about remarriage especially in the children perspective. 

in the 2nd place with percentage 43.6% was Sangmin told Taemin that Yeontae wanted to break up with him because she knew about their relationship as brothers. The panel discussed about the problem that your past and current love/crush are brothers. They have different opinion. 

in the 1st place with percentage 44.8% was Minho faked angry and later the talked between him and Sangtae in the rooftop. Minho understood Sangtae's position. 

The panel talked about the appeal of this drama, despite the heavy atmosphere about divorce, remarriage, the problem with in laws etc etc was because it was shown without makjang but with comedy, sweet romance and happy mood. (skip the talked of the panel to 3:27 for the bts of last episode and interview with the actors)

I wished there would be official eng sub for this, in case there's none, I'll try my best to summarize what the actors said

So Yujin: 6 months aren't a short time, so I'm really thankful for the viewers who have watched our drama till the end...

Choi Jungwoo: Rather than relieved, I felt sad that it's already ended...

Im Soohyang: I also felt sad, but since all of us have worked really hard, I felt glad. To think that we couldn't greet the viewers anymore, I'm so sad...

Shim Hyungtak: During the shooting time (for about 7-8 months) we've become a family, so I'm sure I'll miss it. But, since the memorable moments were also a happy time, like this wedding scene, we shot it happily

Kwon Sujeong: We've been shooting for a long period of time, I've got closer with dad, mom, soo oppa and other friends too. Especially since I played the character as the girl who received lots of love from dad, I really liked it

The most memorable scene for the actors

So Yoojin: Mijung got an accident... There's a scene about the blind date and the black box too.. I think the comic scenes were the most fun (for me) 

Shim Hyungtak: The flour scene at the bakery. Whoa, I think that was the most fun scenes..

Shin Hyesun: For me there're many different scenes (about SM-YT) our first meeting, the first confession, the day we decided to be a couple and the first kiss. 

One woman from the panel talked her favorite scene(?) was when ST-MJ and the 5 children went for camping for the first time. They also talked how each of scenes was so well made that the viewers had many different reaction, they're happy and mad while they're watching the drama. They also discussed the chemistry between the actors. So Yoojin and Ahn Jaewook have known each other for 10 years so it's understandable that they could 'click' and have a good chemistry, They talked about So Yoojin's husband, Baek Jongwon who gave support for the staffs by sending food. They talked about the real life for So Yoojin and Ahn Jaewook (so you might skipped to 10:27 for the actors last message to the viewers)

So Yoojin: Thank you for watching our drama for the whole 6 months

Choi Jungwoo: I'm so grateful that our drama could reach over 30% in ratings, thank you

Im Soohyang: After this drama ended, we still have the opportunity to meet you with different project, so please wait and support us

Shim Hyungtak: You might have a hard time, but I hope while you're watching our drama, you can receive some strength and I hope you will enjoy other drama that will be aired after this

Shin Hyesun: Thank you for the viewers who have given love to our drama and to Yeontae. I'll work hard and I hope we can meet with a better project in the future. Thank you

video was taken from theajwworld youtube channel

*If anyone had the full link for this episode, can you share it to me? Since I found this in Ahn Jaewook fansite channel, they might cut the part where there's no mention about Ahn Jaewook..

• Like 4

Hug Me Tight, Shin HyeSun

20160820189DF2606(6).jpg

http://www.instylekorea.com/issue/article_view.asp?seq=1890

Continued InStyle Sept 2016 promo, but with a pic that's not in the previous link. The interview (before the end of 5Kids) questions mostly redundant but enough worthwhile comments and replies to warrant a translation. Makes ya wanna go out and buy a copy, no? EnjoyB)

Hug Me Tight, Shin HyeSun

If we were to pick the recent hottest new actor/actress, far and away Shin HyeSun would be the one. After having debuted with drama "School 2013", then in "Oh My Ghostess", "She was Pretty", and in film "Violent Prosecutor", making deep impressions, most recently through "Five Children" she has been receiving love from across all generations. That's not the end of it. Having been cast in the movie "One Day" and in second-half-2016's most anticipated drama "Legend of the Blue Sea", she has been receiving hot/bright spotlights. The conversation we had with the lovable [Shin HyeSun], with her graceful and expansive facial*** smile, was as warm and comfy as the knits she is wearing.
*** facial: 이목구비: 'ear/eye/lips/nose'

Q. Lived as YeonTae for over 6 months in "Five Children" but it's coming to an end soon.

"First time being in one production for such a long time, so there's much love and affection. Already if we rest from filming a day or two, I miss seeing the staff and coworkers, so it's worrisome. Actually at the beginning of the story, how to portray this YeonTae girl who is simple and good-natured but outwardly given to prickly words, was rather difficult. Of course by now I've become so familiar with this character, but sadly I have to let her go now. But it's still OK because YeonTae will go on living happily. Even more than me!"

Q. In the drama's love line YeonTae and SangMin couple received an unimaginable amount of love.

"It seems that we looked good together in our variety show appearance [HT3]. After that, much attention was given to YeonTae and SangMin's love story. There've been so much written about (SangMin role) SungHoon involving me, so I have been a bit apprehensive, but personally it has been an experience that made my 'heart flutter'. Because it means our acting was so good that people are wishing for it to be true in real life. (laughs)"

Q. AeGyo lesson probably due to a rather nasally voice?

"It's not like I'm usually full of AeGyo. But if possible, it's something I'd like to be good at even if I had to learn how to do it. Later on for my boyfriend if I can AeGyo (act cutely) and receive his attention I think it would make me happy. But the upside to all this is that during all these interviews whenever I don't shrink back but show a bit of it, I am gradually getting better at it (AeGyo). The real desirable essence of AeGyo that I've come to realize is that 'one must never over-do it', so please remember that!"

** Full version of the interview and many more pictorials can be seen in the September 2016 issue of InStyle magazine.

• Like 9

Thanks @meechuttso for all the translations! I wonder if she is shooting now?  Someone tagged her to her upcoming movie "A Day" in the naprogram instagram account.  I am guessing that there will be more BTS pictures when she starts shooting for her drama, since the stars are much more popular in her drama than in her movie. 

• Like 2

201608191402382410_2.jpg

201608191402382410_1.jpg

(Pics from a separate NewsEn interview a while back but not previously shown, but two of my favorite.:wub: This interview from 8/20). Revealing and frank! :phew::P:lol::w00t:

http://news.joins.com/article/20479530

"Five Children" Shin HyeSun "Job security constant concern, 'holding firm'***" (Interview)

*** Note: 'holding firm', 나름 선방 could mean 'breaking even', 'much ado about nothing', etc., used with irony. Title use of it and nuance of her use of the expression not clear.

NewsN published 2016.08.20 14:03 [ NewsN writer Lee MinJi, photos Lee JaeHa]

Shin HyeSun is one of the top new actresses in the recent spotlight. In KBS 2TV weekend drama "Five Children", as the nice/docile, innocent character with deep convictions, Lee YeonTae, she has been receiving much love. In the story Kim SangMin (played by SungHoon) and Lee YeonTae's love line has been boosting the drama's popularity and has even pulled in younger audiences to the front of this weekend drama.

Of receiving the greatest attention since her debut, Shin HyeSun says, "it's novel(??), but I only have good feelings about it. At times I feel embarrassed about it also. Want to enjoy it more, but it's not been that easy." she laughed bashfully.

"If I had already been been a seasoned actress for a few years and I was to receive this type of reaction, I think it would be more enjoyable, but now's not that time yet. Just feel embarrassed (by all the attention). When some ask, 'Do you sense the recent great response? Does it feel good?', that's what's so embarrassing," she stated.

Shin HyeSun's debut work was star-launching 'School 2013'. Kim WooBin and others, through this work, rose to stardom and are still going strong. In that drama Shin HyeSun was in the role of Shin HyeSun, a class room friend of the lead characters. Hers was not a role with much dialog or screentime, but afterwards Shin HyeSun gained opportunities to appear in many other interesting works.

Shin HyeSun says, "when thinking back on "School 2013", even I think it went very well. 'I am holding firm***, I think'. Wanted to tell myself that. When I look at Shin HyeSun from those days, I feel like she really worked hard. Back then, dialogues like "Ya", "No", "Umm" were really precious, so I was very nervous."

"I think back on those days often. I don't know if things will get better for me in the future, but even if it all goes well, it would be good not to forget my mindset from those days" she added.

When asked, "were you that nervous?", Shin HyeSun says, "I was totally that nervous/trembling. A line like "yea, that's not it" made me tremble. It was the 'one-shot' chance I had received in my entire life. The camera was in front of me,... you have no idea how badly I was trembling", and "compared to then it's gotten a lot more comfortable, but truthfully, even now it's not like I don't get nervous at all," she confessed.

From when a mere line of dialogue had made her nervous, she has since continued to appear in big name works "High School King of Savvy", "O My Ghostess", "She was Pretty", etc. While not the main character, each time as a noticeable character it's true that she had caught the attention of the viewers.

"When I mention the roles I played, people don't recognized them well, but when I explain which character in which work, then many people seemed to know. That was new to me. I knew that the characters I'd mentioned were somewhat opposites in nature, but I didn't think that people wouldn't know that it was all played by the same person. Even meeting with directors, I have heard "that was you?" a few times" she said.

She said, "I think I am working hard and moving along well. That's why I am always grateful for those around me, to myself and grateful to God, for everything. I am living with a thankful heart", laughing.

An actor's career is one that has to be a 'chosen' one. Shin HyeSun says of her popularity that, of course "could along with the drama just disappear", and "in fact isn't it an unstable profession?" she asked. "I have worked steadily, but here and there there were months of lull. After a drama is over and there's even a week of wait without knowing the next project, I can get nervous. Now I think I need to wait patiently," she stated.

Shin HyeSun says, "fortunately up till now I have not felt like it's too difficult. It hasn't even been that long since I started, and to avoid such worries I am at present running hard. Now I shouldn't worry and just go forward. If I have troubles in the midst of work, then that's a comfort," she laughed.

She added, "and thoughts like 'when this project is over I want to go again to another good project', 'I wonder what role I will play in what work?', 'will I be able to do it?', these are the things that make you worry," she added.

Before "Five Children" ended, Shin HyeSun has decided right away on the next work. Much anticipated work by writer Park JiEun, "Legend of the Blue Sea" is it. In this drama starring Jeon JiHyeon, Lee MinHo etc., Shin HyeSun will play a bold 'brainy-sexy-woman' KAIST laboratory scientist Cha Si-Ah role. Just what transformational acting Shin HyeSun will show us is making our anticipation grow.

• Like 7

"Oori-YeonDoo is pretty" Shin HyeSun, Innocent Beauty in her Bright/Elegant Smile

2016082501127_0.jpg

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/08/25/2016082501169.html

"Oori-YeonDoo is pretty" Shin HyeSun, Innocent Beauty in her Bright/Elegant Smile

Next generation actress Shin HyeSun cosmetic product endorsement behind the scenes cuts have been released.

In these photos published on the 25th, Shin HyeSun is showing her ample natural charms.:wub: In these cuts there're scenes of Shin HyeSun happily holding flowers, bright and sparkly smile showing off elegant and innocent charms, etc., containing Shin HyeSun's variegated charms.
Since signing on as AQUTOP's model, Shin HyeSun brightened the mood at the scene of her first photo-shoot with her unique, bright and open looks. Even in the midst of her recent drama and film's busy-ness, the first showing of her clear, clean skin aroused reactions from the shooting personnel.
AQUTOP spokesperson said "Shin HyeSun's clean and clear image meshes well with the brand's values and made us appoint her as our model," and "AQUTOP, preparing to take its leap as a global name brand, plans to work with Shin HyeSun to show off a variety of different charms."
Shin HyeSun worked with (just finished) KBS2 "Five Children" in the Lee YeonTae role is receiving much love from the viewers, and she plans to appear in this coming November's SBS's new main drama "Legend of the Blue Sea".

(full disclosure - meechuttso gets no cuts from AQUTOP :phew:)

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

2016082501127_0.jpg

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/08/25/2016082501169.html

Next generation actress Shin HyeSun cosmetic product endorsement behind the scenes cuts have been released.

In these photos published on the 25th, Shin HyeSun is showing her ample natural charms.:wub: In these cuts there're scenes of Shin HyeSun happily holding flowers, bright and sparkly smile showing off elegant and innocent charms, etc., containing Shin HyeSun's variegated charms.
Since signing on as AQUTOP's model, Shin HyeSun brightened the mood at the scene of her first photo-shoot with her unique, bright and open looks. Even in the midst of her recent drama and film's busy-ness, the first showing of her clear, clean skin aroused reactions from the shooting personnel.
AQUTOP spokesperson said "Shin HyeSun's clean and clear image meshes well with the brand's values and made us appoint her as our model," and "AQUTOP, preparing to take its leap as a global name brand, plans to work with Shin HyeSun to show off a variety of different charms."
Shin HyeSun who worked with (just finished) KBS2 "Five Children" in the Lee YeonTae role is receiving much love from the viewers, and she plans to appear in this coming November's SBS's new main drama "Legend of the Blue Sea".

(full disclosure - meechuttso gets no cuts from AQUTOP :phew:)

(Edit: Upon reflection, @AQUTOP, if you can get oori-YeonDoo, oori-HyeSun-see's eyeballs on this thread and have her wink at us, then I will do much more than these translations :w00t:):heart:

• Like 5