[Drama 2016] Woman with a Suitcase 캐리어를 끄는 여자 [Starring Choi Jiwoo & Joo Jinmo // Mons. & Tues. 22:00 KST] - Thank you for watching!

wolanah

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Juni Asat Where did you read "50 episodes"? I didn't see it anywhere. :sweatingbullets:

As far as I know the drama was supposed to run for 20 episodes but somehow got shortened (think they had script availability issue for tvN, maybe not enough scripts ready). But nowhere I've read from Korean portals it'd be 50 episodes. :lol:

Here an excerpt of K-articles mentioning about the drama running for 16 episodes. "그동안 월화드라마로 장편 50부작 드라마를 주로 편성해온 MBC는 이번에 16부작 미니시리즈인 ‘캐리어를 끄는 여자’를 통해서 젊고 트렌디함을 앞세워 시청자들과 소통의 장을 넓혀가겠다는 각오를 밝히고 있다."

July 26, 2016

Joo Jin-mo joins Choi Ji-woo for MBC's 'Woman with a Suitcase'

Source: TVJ via Hancinema.net

photo750404.jpg

Joo Jin-mo landed a leading role with "Woman with a Suitcase".

MBC has announced on July 26th, "Joo Jin-mo has been cast as the male lead for the forthcoming Monday & Tuesday special drama, "Woman with a Suitcase" also starring Choi Ji-woo".

"Woman with a Suitcase" is a legal mystery romance drama about an attractive and talented woman, who works as an office manager, makes her dream come true and also finds her love after a long time hardship, as she meets a man, who is an owner of a media with paparazzi tactics mostly. Joo Jin-mo will play Ham Bok-geo, the owner of the paparazzi media, who has all the detailed information about the figures in show business as well as political and business circles. Choi Ji-woo will play Cha Geum-joo, the attractive office manager.

While MBC has planned the 50 episode long dramas for Monday & Tuesday drama airtime mostly, they want to expand their communication range to more viewers with the new 16 episode trendy miniseries this time.

"Woman with a Suitcase" has been scheduled to air in September taking over the airtime from the currently running 'Monster – 2016'

29 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

see? 50 episodes or 16 episodes??? 50 episodes please :D

While MBC has planned the 50 episode long dramas for Monday & Tuesday drama airtime mostly, they want to expand their communication range to more viewers with the new 16 episode trendy miniseries this time.

Isn't that clear? B)

Ha ha viewers want 50 episodes to stare ar JJM.  I like 16 episodes though. Long drama could mean repetitive scenes and  fillers and script revisions.  But JJM is here so I'm gonna check. Hope the script will be a good one.

8 minutes ago, meelis said:

Jeon Hye Bin and Lee Joon confirmed too, so we already have our four leads:

Thank you for the great news, @meelis. So we have all our leads confirmed.

Already AsianWiki gives credit to the 4 of them in the drama, as does Hancinema

On 7/26/2016 at 3:23 AM, sajooni said:

There are other infos too, PDs behind the show are confirmed to be Kang Daesun and Lee Jaejin (they previously worked together in MBC weekend drama Golden Rainbow!)

@sajooni, indeed. Lee Jae-Jin also worked on "My Daughter Geum Sa-Wol" and he has done a terrific job there.

DramaFever ran this article yesterday, before the other confirmations came through. It is their "phishing" article to see if there is enough interest for them to bring the drama.

Choi Ji Woo confirmed for new MBC drama Woman with a Suitcase

058f98eb-1779-4b95-bec9-75c2b9f10ea9.jpg

Choi Ji Woo is ready for her 2016 K-drama comeback! Following her fan favorites Twenty Againand Like For Likes, the acting queen has finally chosen her next big K-drama role. Choi has decided to star in MBC's upcoming legal/romance series Woman with a Suitcase (aka Woman Who Pulls a Career). She accepted the role of Cha Keum Joo, the strong and charming head of a law office who falls victim to a conspiracy. The audience will follow her empowering journey back to the top when the series premieres in mid-September. 

MBC promises this won't be a stiff courtroom drama. They plan to put a spotlight on other important issues as well. They recently stated, "[Woman with a Suitcase] is a legal/romance drama in which a charismatic woman finds romance and fulfills her dream. It's not a stiff courtroom drama. Instead, it will be a drama which contains stories about your average person in the legal field, the media, and the financial and entertainment worlds, as well as in society. Further, [the drama] will unfold a warm and emotional tale of romance with a legal setting as the background, and the tale of a female lead who finds her dreams despite her hardships."

eabcb386-05c5-4076-bd1d-8936d4dde0c7.jpg

I have been a Choi Ji Woo fan since 2004. I can not wait to see her in a brand new series! I loved her recent series Twenty Again, and I hope this new MBC show has even more heart than the 2015 K-drama gem. Now that casting is underway, who do you want to want to see in the role of her love interest? Joo Jin Mo, Lee Joon, and Jun Hye Bin have received offers for this drama as well. 

Source: DramaFever blog

Please click on "Awesome" button, and also add a comment that you have interest to see this drama.
They will only consider to bring the drama if they see enough good response to it.

The response on FB has been quite good. Over 2,000 likes for the article, but only 24 comments on FB, (and even fewer on the blog)

https://www.facebook.com/DramaFever/posts/10153754384716961

It would help to get it licensed if more people will respond and comment.

Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Joon Will be Joining ‘Woman With a Suitcase’

ZZ.jpg?fit=618%2C480

On the July 28th, MBC announced that actress Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Joon are confirmed to join a new drama, ‘Woman With a Suitcase’. Choi Ji-woo and Joo Jin-mo have also confirmed to join this drama long ago.

‘Woman With a Suitcase’ is a story of a successful office manager, who ends up becoming a lawyer in order to gain enough power to seek retribution.

‘Woman With a Suitcase’ will be aired in September. Stay tuned for more updates!

source

Archived