[Drama 2016] Woman with a Suitcase 캐리어를 끄는 여자 [Starring Choi Jiwoo & Joo Jinmo // Mons. & Tues. 22:00 KST] - Thank you for watching!

wolanah

Viki-Presented-By-Banner.png

Angel-Eyes.png

121685_50015_5759.jpg

• Drama: Woman with a Suitcase (literal title)
  • Hangul: 캐리어를 끄는 여자
  • Chief producer (CP): Lee Joohwan
  • Executive producer: Lee Hyeyeong
  • Directors (PDs): Kang Daesun & Lee Jaejin
  • Screenwriter: Kwon Eummi
  • Network: MBC
  • Episodes: 16
  • Release date: September 26 - November 15 (2016)
  • Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 22:00
  • Language: Korean
  • Production company: Studio Dragon

Plot 

Woman with a Suitcase is a legal mystery romance drama about an attractive and talented woman, who works as an office manager, makes her dream come true and also finds her love after a long time hardship, as she meets a man, who is an owner of a media with paparazzi tactics mostly. (Sources: Hancinema)

Notes 

1. It takes over MBC's Monday & Tuesday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by Monster.
  2. Was first scheduled to air on cable channel tvN after drama series Dear My Friends, but due to various reasons including script delays the drama series was canceled by tvN.
  3. First script reading took place August 9, 2016 at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea.
  4. Ep.1 of "Woman with a Suitcase" will air September 26, 2016 (instead of its originally planned September 19, 2016 date) due to airing of the Summer Olympics.

Cast 

aqpFaPO.png

Characters' descriptions 

sub-cont-cast.png

Spoiler

cjw.jpg

Cha Geumjoo (Choi Jiwoo)

Cha Geumjoo is a titular professional, efficient career woman, who works as a legal office manager with everything on her resume except for a lawyer’s license. She is able to revive her career and become a successful attorney.

jjm.jpg

Ham Bokgeo (Joo Jinmo)

Ham Bokgeo is the CEO of a paparazzi company and holds secrets from the entertainment, political and financial worlds. He also used to work as a prosecutor. He takes an interest and helps Geumjoo (Choi Jiwoo) in a mysterious case. Their relationship develops romantically.

jhb.jpg

Park Hyejoo (Jeon Hyebin)

Park Hyejoo is a tough  and capable lawyer who’s willing to fight dirty to win both at her career and in her love life. She's reputed to be tough as nails. She doesn’t mean to come across as cold and fierce; it’s just that growing up under a stepmother who resented her father for bankrupting their family has made her defensive, often causing her to lash out preemptively.

lj.jpg

Ma Sukwoo (Lee Joon)

Ma Sukwoo is a bright-eyed optimistic, brainy and sexy lawyer who wants to fight for justice. He outwardly seems to have everything. But a little delving into his affairs reveals that he’s behind on the rent for his office space, for his failing law practice that employs only one other person beside himself.

Lee Dongsoo (Jang Hyunsung)

Lee Dongsoo is a famed chief prosecutor who now heads up a law firm. He’s a powerful person who knows the intimate secrets of his VIP clients.

Goo Jihyun (Jin Kyung)

Goo Jihyun is a richard simmons-stirring lawyer who says what she wants, when she wants, and she’ll frequently go head-to-head with Cha Geumjoo throughout the show.

Pro Kang (Park Byungeun)

Pro Kang is a negotiator and mysterious character who seems like an everyday ajusshi until he’s on the job — that’s when he’ll turn steely.

Prosecutor Choi (Min Sungwook)

Prosecutor Choi is a prosecutor whom Cha Geumjoo and Ham Bokgeo will encounter in the courtroom.

Oh Anna (Bae Noori)

Oh Anna is an elite investigator with effortless beauty and exceptional ability. She’ll be the reliable aide to Cha Geumjoo, providing her with emotional support and drawing out her full potential. She's loyal and has a boyish charm.

Sources: Dramabeans - Hancinema - MBC

A complete character description can be found there (in case someone is interested to translate it :))

Pictures 

• BTS still cuts: Choi Jiwoo (1 - 2 - ) // Joo Jinmo (1 - ) // Jeon Hyebin (1 - 2 - ) 
  • Posters: 1 -
  • Prayer Ceremony: 1
  • Others: 1 -
  • First shooting still cuts: Choi Jiwoo (1 - ) // Joo Jinmo (1 - ) // Jeon Hyebin (1 - ) // Lee Joon (1 - )
  • First script reading: 1 - 2

Videos 

Websites 

Soompi Forum Rules

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot / activities is considered spamming. 

Don't quote videos/images.

Do not post successively except for live blogging on drama's airtime.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Dramafever) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tvN schedules law drama Woman With a Suitcase for July

misskorea_49a.jpg

February 17, 2016

Cable station tvN is nailing down its scheduling quite a bit in advance, and has announced another show in its future weekend lineup, titled Woman With a Suitcase. Well, the title’s got my interest.

Woman With a Suitcase follows a successful careerwoman who gets framed for a crime and works her way back up after serving her time. She was once an office manager with a thriving career, but that takes a major hit when she is penalized for violating the Attorneys-at-Law Act and sent to prison for it. The drama follows the success story as she comes back as an ex-con, and follows her dream to become an outstanding lawyer. Does part of her dream involve payback to whoever set her up? Because that would be the first dream I entertained once I got back to the land of freedom and private investigators, just sayin’.

The drama will be written by Kwon Eum-mi of chaebol melodrama Royal Family and serial-killer mystery Gap-dong, and directed by PD Kwon Seok-jang of medical dramaGolden Time, heartwarming success story Miss Korea, and endearing rom-com Ex-Girlfriend Club. That sure is an interesting mix of credits, isn’t it?

So, the timeline will go thusly: Following current time-bendy thriller Signal on Fridays and Saturdays, we’ll get lawyer-with-Alzheimer’s human drama Memory, to be followed by star writer Noh Hee-kyung’s Dear My Friends, after which Woman With a Suitcase will air, July-ish.

M O D  N O T E

No new drama thread shall be created till either a. drama's press conference / prayer ceremony is held, or b. official homepage / poster for the drama is available, or c. there is at least 1 confirmed cast. 

• Guest locked this topic
  • 4 months later...

Woman With A Suitcase

캐리어를끄는여자  |  拖旅行箱的女人

Director: Kwon Suk Jang  (권석장 ) 

Screenwriter: Kwon Eum Mi (권음미)

Broadcaster: & Broadcast Info: MBC / Mons+Tues @ 2200 hours (KST)

Premiere Date: 2016-9-19 (taking over 'Monster' time slot)

xRjbZ7K.jpg

Cast

Choi Ji Woo as Cha Geum Joo (차금주) | Joo Jin Mo as Ham Bok Geo (함복거)

Jeon Hye Bin as Park Hye Joo | Lee Joon as Ma Suk Woo (마석우)

Synopsis

(To be updated when more is known):

A law firm rep meets a media rep who falls in love at first sight and decides to help her fulfill her legal dream, behind the scene, without her knowledge. But at the expense of his work and his own well-being. 

Character Description

(To be updated when more is known):

Translation from Kshows Weibo/韩剧吧官博 :

Choi Ji Woo will be Cha Geum Joo (차금주), a rep(to be confirmed - paralegal or office manager to lawyer) in a law office, very bold and brave, not afraid of anything in her way, with incredible investigative skills that can put one to shame (or be embarrassed of), builds a network system of the courts, lugs around a luggage filled to the brim (almost to the extent of breakage) with trial documents, wants to win against all odds, to the extent where nothing is impossible, accepts a new and dangerous case(law suit) and embarks on a new journey....

9807e00ac72e43bdf358763123160546.jpg

Joo Jin Mo will be Ham Bok Geo (함복거), a media rep, who meets up with the female lead protagonist Cha Jin Joo for the first time over a report of a law suit. falls in love with her at first sight, and decides to help her with her case, behind the scene. using his trusted connections, helps her to be admitted to law school, and later helps her to open her own law office. A man who would sacrifice himself for his love... 

photo510.jpg

Jeon Hye Bin will be Park Hye Joo, a five-star lawyer, who is not new to compliments of 'smart girl', having been told that all her life since childhood. Living with a father who usurped all of the family's assets prior to divorce, with a step-mother who loathes her, she endured it all for the sake of survival. Although she is originally good without any twisted trait, due to her professional background and the power it wields, which influences her to embrace evil....      

kxBR6MG.jpg

Lee Joon will be Ma Suk Woo (마석우), a perfect flower boy with a heart, who has no cause for scandals and has no reason for any criticism of his personality. Even though he has perfect evaluation in those aspects, he is but a lonely one-man employee in his own law firm. He is a lawyer who struggles to make ends meet monthly, and barely able to pay his rental on time...

hnvOuxf.jpg

CR: K-media, C-media, Weibo, Baidu, Daum, Dramawiki, Social Media and so on.

To Be Updated...

--------------

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot / activities is considered spamming. 

Don't quote videos/images.

Do not post successively except for liveblogging on drama's airtime.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, You Tube, Etc. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like   Viki, Dramafever) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

All Videos and photos are property of their respective owners (MBC). Fan cam photos and videos must credited to their rightful owner. 

----------------

Calling all Joo Jin Mo, Choi Ji Woo, Lee Joon and Jeon Hye Bin fandom, check this upcoming drama out! The plot sounds pretty interesting, and this first collaboration of Joo Jin Mo and Choi Ji Woo looks too good to pass up.:wub: Esp when I adore both main leads :heart:

It's only July and yet I just can't wait for September to come soon !! Finally Joo Jin Mo !!yxh04.gifyxh04.gif  you signed a drama ( its been a year long wait ...hahaha) and it's with  CJW !!   Omo...omo... this is so freaking good !!! cute-kitten-smiley-emoticon.gif

@jadecloud Thank you so much, for creating this thread , chinguya :)

Joo Jin-mo to become Woman With a Suitcase’s secret helper

joojinmo-01.jpg

Ah, Choi Ji-woo (Twenty Again) may have her leading man for MBC’s Woman With a Suitcase, as Joo Jin-mo (Beloved Eun-dong) is currently in talks to join the production. I’m not convinced the title was quite the right choice for a show about a successful office manager (Choi Ji-woo) who is given a prison sentence for violating the Attorneys-at-Law act, but I suppose it makes it more memorable than, say, Lawyers or Woman Attorney.

The charge that tanks the heroine’s career is a false one, so the blow is particularly harsh; the drama follows her journey as she bounces back to become an outstanding lawyer. Joo Jin-mo is considering the role of a media company president who first meets Choi Ji-woo at court regarding a lawsuit involving a reporter; he falls for her and helps her out quietly, without her knowing. For instance, he uses his contacts to help her go to law school and open her own firm, then finds cases for her and hides that he’s essentially the real owner of the firm.

The description gives me Lee Sang-yoon flashbacks in Twenty Again, where he spent a large chunk of the drama skulking around helping out Choi Ji-woo behind her back (while being bickery and gruff to her face). What is it about Choi Ji-woo that just makes you want to swoop in and help her out? It sounds like this drama is a bit more serious than the light-hearted Twenty Again, though, and I can see Joo Jin-mo slipping easily into the role of the silently devoted, stoic love interest, probably with a heavy brooding component. You don’t cast Joo Jin-mo and then not make him brood.

I suppose I see the romance of the faithful leading man remaining in the background as he helps without claiming credit, though I can’t help but find it vaguely unsettling, too — I always prefer when the heroes help out the ladies to their faces. Why can’t open communication ever be one of dramaland’s sought-after virtues? I know, I know, we’d never have any dramas if adults spoke openly and honestly and didn’t hide their true feelings for at least six to ten episodes. Sometimes a whole twenty (argh!).

Woman With a Suitcase will be a Monday-Tuesday drama to follow MBC’s current series,Monster. It kicks off in September.

Via TV Report

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/joo-jin-mo-to-become-woman-with-a-suitcases-secret-helper/

Just sharing it here :) 

Lee Joon, Choi Ji Woo, And Joo Jin Mo Considering Drama Comeback

Lee-Joon-Choi-Ji-Woo-Joo-Jin-Mo.png

We might be seeing Lee Joon, Choi Ji Woo, and Joo Jin Mo in a drama soon!

Lee Joon’s agency PrainTPC stated, “Lee Joon has been offered a role in MBC’s new drama ‘The Girl With the Carrier’ (working title) as the character Ma Suk Woo, and is positively looking over it.”

This new drama is about a woman who is a successful office manager but gets sentenced to imprisonment after violating the Attorneys-at-Law Act. After many hardships, she achieves her dream as a talented lawyer. It will air after “Monster” finishes its run.

Actress Choi Ji Woo is currently considering the main female role, while actor Joo Jin Mo is considering the role of Ham Bok Geo. The role that Lee Joon was offered is Ma Suk Woo, a lawyer who will work together with press representative Ham Bok Geo.

What do you think of this drama?

Source (1)

Annyeong @jadecloud:) thanks for creating this thread. I love Choi Ji Woo so definitely I will watch this drama. I also like Joo Jin Mo and Lee Joon. Need to wait a month plus before this drama debuts.......

Would like to invite my chingu gang over here too.......

:wub: @moodypie @rain719 @ck1Oz @emme85 @heartoppaya @Mau_Cherry @delfin @kyunii88 @siena407 @yaqiyuki @Kasmic @pandalover1 @uglypearl @SeGafanlady @ilwoo_aein @onnififi @UnniSarah @evie7 @dimples21 @dnkt @rrmski @nonski @NRGchick @ruzikie @andy78 @Misstwilightfan1416 @jeonghyang @emy_rose @realistic2280 @Bambiina @valsava @Go Seung Ji @awsparkle @mcleen @marie67 @briseis @nikkisjs @otchosais @nazzy1109 @maplekist @Ahpheng @jongski @lclarakl @Ayame

But of course... afrer MLED..JJM back on screen so I'm gonna watch this! He's got that c-drama too but I prefer this.  Thanks for the shout, @alekanou:D

Okay here's the thing...  the title! it's a tongue twister Lady who Lugs a Luggage. Say that 10x times 5 seconds :lol: I'll bow to  you :P

Hi @jadecloud! Thank you for opening this thread!! Can't wait for this drama and to interact with you all. If you do not mind, I think you directly translated from Chinese, so some words might no be known by i-fans:

1. Kwon Sukjang isn't 'Woman with a Suitcase' PD but Kang Daesun, according to this edaily.
  2. Choi Jiwoo's character name isn't Cha Jinjoo but Cha Geumjoo (차금주)
  3. Joo Jinmo's character name isn't Hyun Foojoo but Ham Bokgeo (함복거)
  4. Lee Joon's character name isn't Ma Shiwoo but Ma Sukwoo (마석우)

^.^

Archived