[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Memories of Loves 一路繁花相送

sugarplum892

On 2/20/2018 at 5:28 AM, USAFarmgirl said:

Just started this drama but I am always moved by stories about love that survive the test of time.  I just hope in the end this one is one of those....:heart:

Agreed. I love  love stories that survive the test of time.  This one is slightly opposite of Silent Separation where the main lead leaves the girl but they end up together eventually. haha. Some small misunderstandings and there but nothing that makes you want to slap anyone yet. bahahaha.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnE6W3_m05elZL9Xbmeua9723bcf6dfaf4d668071e7b8a672fa10.jpeg?x=RM0UjLhZC-0WOi_qwIcQxg_homepage_memories

What takes us back are our memories of love... What brings us forward are of hopes & dreams...

@thunderman1 Always a pleasure to read your posts and be a part of a thread you're on.  I love Chinese drama although my heart breaks for the threads here that follow them as unlike Korean dramas they are not subbed as fast and often are not even finished. I hope someday that changes.  It makes it hard to follow a drama as a group as in this one everyone is in a different place and experiencing different feelings.   Still I always seem to forge ahead and watch them anyways and it's because they are just so well written.  I don't think I can explain it well enough in mere words because it's not always easy to write what your feeling.  Except to say that there is a beauty to their story telling in that it's not just about the acting it's about everything and everyone that surrounds it and the words within it are able to pierce your heart and last year alone there were more than a few that were able to do just that!!!

On 2/21/2018 at 8:41 PM, cheeriekwan said:

I m up to 16 now and surprisingly i pity Aaron more than Wallace :D

I find Aaron a pretty boy only.. but then again I haven't seen him in major dramas yet other than his previous works in 2012? It has been a while since i have seen him taking on main role.

17 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

What takes us back are our memories of love... What brings us forward are of hopes & dreams...

@thunderman1 Always a pleasure to read your posts and be a part of a thread you're on.  I love Chinese drama although my heart breaks for the threads here that follow them as unlike Korean dramas they are not subbed as fast and often are not even finished. I hope someday that changes.  It makes it hard to follow a drama as a group as in this one everyone is in a different place and experiencing different feelings.   Still I always seem to forge ahead and watch them anyways and it's because they are just so well written.  I don't think I can explain it well enough in mere words because it's not always easy to write what your feeling.  Except to say that there is a beauty to their story telling in that it's not just about the acting it's about everything and everyone that surrounds it and the words within it are able to pierce your heart and last year alone there were more than a few that were able to do just that!!!

I actually used to sub Chinese dramas. I would normally wait for Viet subs but looks like viet subs are always out faster than Chinese subs. It is on ep 22 now. I'm all caught up and if you would like spoilers PM me or post on here and I can spoil for you. I just like this drama even though it is slow because I can connect to some aspects. 

I agree. It is hard to write out your feelings if you haven't experienced it because love is tough. 

Also, there are a lot of die hard fans out there subbing for free on the viet forums. I am very surprised as I have a full time job and I have two small children (who thankfully my parents are taking care of them during the day) and at night all they do is eat and sleep. 

I took a peek on Aaron in Fall in Love with Me but just like you said find him a pretty boy and didnt continue. I would say he looks better here. Think his eyeliner faded a bit :D

I m up to 20 now and glad that the focus is mainly on the main. Pls dont switch to her uncle's story which i find extremely bored. The thing i like abt this drama is that there is not many sub stories. 

cropped-2018-21.jpg13f69757bcfa4281868788a0b9299ad6.jpeg?x=flashlight.gif?quality=100.3016082509160

A Flicker Of Light From One Heart To Another...  To Help You Find Your Way... And Remind You Someone Is Waiting...

Moving from the past to the present and back and forth  still there are so many moments that show the beautiful process of how love begins and how playful and precious those experiences are.  Sometimes it's the smallest and simplest acts of tenderness that this OTP are able to show us that speak the loudest.  Not only about the many ways we love but about the meaning of physical caring, comfort and touch and that of having someone who not only believes in you but also believes in your dreams. Because they see you like no one else can...

Even more the value of having found that love at such a young age and having those feelings imprinted upon your heart and life.  Just like that beacon of light going on and off inside saying remember with every thought filled with memories that lingered within them for years.  That couldn't be covered up or erased no matter the time or distance it's that light of love that flickered within their thoughts and their hearts...

Episode 16 I didn't even have to know all the words just their body language alone and their facial expressions said all I needed to know...  Her throwing her arms around and crying out and him placing his arms and his body around her tightly taking in all her brokenness, pain and hurt upon himself.  His face and eyes saying more than his words ever could...  This story may seem slow paced to some but to me it's as if it's being shown moment by moment one heartbeat at a time.... 

Just like the rhythm of that light... Thump... Thump... Thump... Thump  :heart: Your able to feel the warmth and light of their love too...

8 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

A Flicker Of Light From One Heart To Another...  To Help You Find Your Way... And Remind You Someone Is Waiting...

Moving from the past to the present and back and forth  still there are so many moments that show the beautiful process of how love begins and how playful and precious those experiences are.  Sometimes it's the smallest and simplest acts of tenderness that this OTP are able to show us that speak the loudest.  Not only about the many ways we love but about the meaning of physical caring, comfort and touch and that of having someone who not only believes in you but also believes in your dreams. Because they see you like no one else can...

Even more the value of having found that love at such a young age and having those feelings imprinted upon your heart and life.  Just like that beacon of light going on and off inside saying remember with every thought filled with memories that lingered within them for years.  That couldn't be covered up or erased no matter the time or distance it's that light of love that flickered within their thoughts and their hearts...

Episode 16 I didn't even have to know all the words just their body language alone and their facial expressions said all I needed to know...  Her throwing her arms around and crying out and him placing his arms and his body around her tightly taking in all her brokenness, pain and hurt upon himself.  His face and eyes saying more than his words ever could...  This story may seem slow paced to some but to me it's as if it's being shown moment by moment one heartbeat at a time.... 

Just like the rhythm of that light... Thump... Thump... Thump... Thump  :heart: Your able to feel the warmth and light of their love too...

I love your insight here.  It's like that little drummer boy who will do its best to beat his way into your heart. I feel the love in this "slow" story. I like the pace thus far. 10 years of time yet they still end up together. That's true love right there. 

On 2/24/2018 at 5:00 AM, cheeriekwan said:

You gals are so romantic :wub: 

Btw did you watch Remembering Lichuan? Its another bittersweet story. I really love the drama. 

It is on my watchlist. I hear it has two different endings?  

This drama only has 4 eps left.. time flies. And she still doesn't know her uncle is her dad. lol 

1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

It is on my watchlist. I hear it has two different endings?  

This drama only has 4 eps left.. time flies. And she still doesn't know her uncle is her dad. lol 

On remembering lichuan, i only saw one ending. Not aware of 2nd ending. I believed its our own interpretation of the ending...I love it somehow. A cleaner cut Godfrey is so dam handsome.

4 episodes left? That is really fast. 

On 2/25/2018 at 7:08 PM, cheeriekwan said:

On remembering lichuan, i only saw one ending. Not aware of 2nd ending. I believed its our own interpretation of the ending...I love it somehow. A cleaner cut Godfrey is so dam handsome.

4 episodes left? That is really fast. 

i prob will watch it for main lead. he is very good looking!

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@USAFarmgirl Did you finish this ? What’s your objective review ? ( though I know it’s hard to be objective since it Wallace Chung) :lol:

Hard for me too.. it's my man. :D 

I just finished it. Overall, it wasn't bad and it wasn't good. There really wasn't a plot at all other than the love both had for one another and the challenges of their respective jobs, and the secret of her birth. But all of it was obvious to begin with in first 6 episodes so I am glad the Chinese are cutting it back to less than 30 episodes now per drama. The ending just left me hanging but then I interpreted it that even if they are separated across the world or across the sea, regardless they'll still find each other again hence the Memories of Love.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0pY_w6f5_gm1aRegRsWlp2373464438.jpg?resize=400,600&ssl=1c099486995d641d0b9de2c4448136039.jpeg

WHAT ARE MEMORIES OF LOVE? PICTURES THAT ARE TAKEN WITH OUR MINDS AND TUCKED SAFELY WITHIN OUR HEARTS...

@triplem posted...Did you finish this ? What’s your objective review ? ( though I know it’s hard to be objective since it Wallace Chung) :lol:                (I haven't finished it yet still waiting on subs but here is what I can tell you...)

At first view you might think it's a story only about a couples first love that although separated by time and distance never allowed themselves to let go of each other or their memories.  Yet it's so much more than that for this slow and simple paced love story would cover more than one kind of of love and more than one love story...

It covered how important family those within our lives whom inspire us,comfort us and believe in us mold us into the people we become.  That love gives us faith, courage and hope and that it allows us to believe all things are possible.  That an uncles love that turns out to be so much more makes her realize that we don't often know everything there is. Whether it's in the past or the present or how it started or will end.  Just that love can't be given, taken or forgotten without ones willingness.  

If perfection in a drama is what your seeking than for some this won't be it.  Yet not unlike real love it's those imperfections that allow one to grow and see within our own selves the value of loving and being loved through what ever means.  That love if held onto can survive any storm, distance and even time.  For if two hearts truly love one another they will always hear that calling like a whisper within them drawing them to one another to where they belong...

Until that happens their memories of love will softly dance in and out through their hearts and minds.  Always seeking to return to the person whom lives forever within them.  No matter how long it takes for no time is to long and no distance to far.  When it comes to love that lives within the heart...

Spoiler

13 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

WHAT ARE MEMORIES OF LOVE? PICTURES THAT ARE TAKEN WITH OUR MINDS AND TUCKED SAFELY WITHIN OUR HEARTS...

@triplem posted...Did you finish this ? What’s your objective review ? ( though I know it’s hard to be objective since it Wallace Chung) :lol:                (I haven't finished it yet still waiting on subs but here is what I can tell you...)

At first view you might think it's a story only about a couples first love that although separated by time and distance never allowed themselves to let go of each other or their memories.  Yet it's so much more than that for this slow and simple paced love story would cover more than one kind of of love and more than one love story...

It covered how important family those within our lives whom inspire us,comfort us and believe in us mold us into the people we become.  That love gives us faith, courage and hope and that it allows us to believe all things are possible.  That an uncles love that turns out to be so much more makes her realize that we don't often know everything there is. Whether it's in the past or the present or how it started or will end.  Just that love can't be given, taken or forgotten without ones willingness.  

If perfection in a drama is what your seeking than for some this won't be it.  Yet not unlike real love it's those imperfections that allow one to grow and see within our own selves the value of loving and being loved through what ever means.  That love if held onto can survive any storm, distance and even time.  For if two hearts truly love one another they will always hear that calling like a whisper within them drawing them to one another to where they belong...

Until that happens their memories of love will softly dance in and out through their hearts and minds.  Always seeking to return to the person whom lives forever within them.  No matter how long it takes for no time is to long and no distance to far.  When it comes to love that lives within the heart...

Hide contents

Amen, sister. :) See you around.  I have been playing that song on repeat. Just lovely.

@thunderman1 Always a pleasure to see you on any thread my Chingu!!!  Give me a shout out if you find another good Chinese drama I can always use a suggestion from someone I trust and who has the same taste as I do.  Thankful you were on this thread it made the experience so much better!  Take care and hopefully see you soon...:heart:usafarmgirl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived