[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季

sugarplum892

I actually couldn't press the send button last time so I didn't reply to anyone, sorry about that. But I was laughing so hard at some of your posts! lol Yeah, An Yue Xi is soo pretty, has great actings, and sings really well. I hope she gains a larger fanbase and gets more opportunity to play better roles. Some people actually think she looks like Zheng Shuang, which is funny because Zheng Shuang is in Love 020 with Yang Yang, who supposed to be in WG2. But I do agree they look alike. I like An Yue Xi a lot more though I miss Zheng Shuang's old looks. 

Anyway, I didn't get to watch live today :( School started so I'm so busy but I saw some gifs on Weibo. Gosh the more they make CA to be a lovable character, the more I think they gonna kill off his character next season. I feel like there's gonna be a third season like @ridingtherush suggested. It's ashamed because it's already messy this season but I guess they gonna keep milking the novel. But I hope if they make season 3, AYX won't play BC again bc she deserves a better role. She's sooo pretty with her hair down. I watched some of the clips with her hair down and how I wished they let her have her hair down more often, but it would be unrealistic since she's always practicing. At first, I actually thought AYX won't look good with her hair down because I always see people doing some weird crap with her hair, but I was wrong. She looks amazing. Also, I'm loving all BC and CA scenes. They are not intimate but it shows a tons amount of care and love from CA. How I wish they allow BC to respond to his affection. Makes me mad she's always shy. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply love the BC & CA moments! :heart::D
The family is back together and haters are gonna hate. (TH & Miss Ex Disciple & TY ofcourse) 
Look at TH trying to be the good guy and give her an umbrella hells no that ship has sailed my brother :P
I like how everyone is rooting for CA & BC to start dating and etc :wub:
Oh's mo's is something bad going on with CA that he might leave the dojo!? :o I hope not :(

If there's a season 3, I probably won't watch it or I won't be interested in it. :( BC/CA is what really makes the show for me. Imagine if the original BC actress and Yang Yang come back for season 3 and they try to go back to the book's story... I feel like season 2 would be considered like non canon filler lol. How sad because I like this season so much :( 

CA has been so happy lately. I want it to last so badly. Are we sure that season 2 only has 28 episodes? Because I feel like this season is nowhere near ready to end. I have no idea how the season is going to wrap up.  :bawling:

Grrr YF why you gotta ruin the mood and drop that bomb of 'what if' :crazy: :angry:
TH you best realize that she doesn't want you still. You done lost a good friend and it's to late to fix things with the way you are now.
Ah TY is finally warming up to BC. Can't wait for some more BC and CA moments tomorrow :) but sad that it's over tommorow :'(  

On 8/27/2016 at 11:43 PM, ridingtherush said:

Season 1: Something bad happens and BC is sad. BC needs a guy to teach and help her. Ting Hao is in love with her, but she doesn't feel the same way. BC and love interest have meaningful development throughout the story, but feelings aren't told until the last minute when it's all too late. Love interest dies.

Season 2: Something bad happens and BC is sad. BC needs a guy to teach and help her. Ting Hao is in love with her, but she doesn't feel the same way. BC and love interest have meaningful development throughout the story, but feelings aren't told until the last minute when it's all too late. Love interest dies.

Season 3: BC is moping over CA. RB/new love interest teaches and helps BC. TH is still in love with her and the chase continues. The romantic teasing continues. But the big questions on everyone's mind... WILL TH EVER GO AWAY? IS ANYONE REALLY DEAD? WILL WE EVER GET A GODDAMN KISS ON THE LIPS? WILL THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER??? WILL THE GUY FREAKING STAY ALIVE THIS TIME?????? 

Producers be like: NOPE BC WE GOTTA KEEP MILKING THIS SHOW. SEE YA IN SEASON 4! :glasses:

BTW BC will never achieve her dreams in this mess of a show. We need her to keep playing the sad crying girl that can't admit her feelings until it's too late.

Haha I'm just trying to make some jokes in light of the dreaded ending...

Seriously if CA dies, season 3 might be like an exact copy of season 2...

I laugh soo hard at your post. LOLLLLLL why do I have a feeling An Yue Xi isn't good at romantic scenes? She might not be able to react well to kisses. Sometimes I wish I'm the director and let BC run into CA and hug him. React to his affection already. Can't she initiate sometimes? 

6 hours ago, ridingtherush said:

If there's a season 3, I probably won't watch it or I won't be interested in it. :( BC/CA is what really makes the show for me. Imagine if the original BC actress and Yang Yang come back for season 3 and they try to go back to the book's story... I feel like season 2 would be considered like non canon filler lol. How sad because I like this season so much :( 

CA has been so happy lately. I want it to last so badly. Are we sure that season 2 only has 28 episodes? Because I feel like this season is nowhere near ready to end. I have no idea how the season is going to wrap up.  :bawling:

I knowww. But I doubt they gonna do that, if so that would be dumb. Anyway, yeah I hope it will be 32 episodes. It reminded me of JOF how it got to the ending but it didn't feel complete. I guess it's one of those things where modern drama has to be shorter than ancient drama. I notice the current CA is sooo different now, like he smiles soo much whenever he talks to BC. He's going 100% all out for her, which makes me sad that she's only the same to him from the beginning to now. I can't even tell if she likes him at all. I feel like his former student liked him or something. 

5 hours ago, gaby81 said:

Grrr YF why you gotta ruin the mood and drop that bomb of 'what if' :crazy: :angry:
TH you best realize that she doesn't want you still. You done lost a good friend and it's to late to fix things with the way you are now.
Ah TY is finally warming up to BC. Can't wait for some more BC and CA moments tomorrow :) but sad that it's over tommorow :'(  

Lol TH is probably going to still pursue her in season 3 LOLLLL I have that feeling he won't give her up until he has her. Maybe he just likes the chase. 

This show is BC centric. In that respect it has a very big flaw. Any drama or film which is going to concentrate only on one character has to make sure that character has been fleshed out very well. BC to be honest isn't such an interesting character. She has tunnel vision and has single dimensional relationships with everyone. I think she is a little emotionally stunted as well. Hence its boring to watch her for 28 episodes doing the same thing over and over again with no development in character at all. 

The only highlight was the CA/BC dynamics and I frankly think that JCW was wasted in this series. I had extremely high hopes... but his character was not at all used properly. After the initial training and getting BC out of RB obsession i think his character has been slowly made redundant with not much to do. Therefore i am thinking that there will be no CA/BC endgame and hence i have no hopes from tonight's concluding episodes. Too much concentration on BC isnt working. Trying to show that her single minded devotion to TY and her goodness of heart made TY change her behavior isnt having any impact to be honest.

the last 3 weeks have been the most boring when it comes to whirlwind girl 2. If RB comes back this season would have been a total waste. 

7 hours ago, Annie Choice said:

This show is BC centric. In that respect it has a very big flaw. Any drama or film which is going to concentrate only on one character has to make sure that character has been fleshed out very well. BC to be honest isn't such an interesting character. She has tunnel vision and has single dimensional relationships with everyone. I think she is a little emotionally stunted as well. Hence its boring to watch her for 28 episodes doing the same thing over and over again with no development in character at all. 

The only highlight was the CA/BC dynamics and I frankly think that JCW was wasted in this series. I had extremely high hopes... but his character was not at all used properly. After the initial training and getting BC out of RB obsession i think his character has been slowly made redundant with not much to do. Therefore i am thinking that there will be no CA/BC endgame and hence i have no hopes from tonight's concluding episodes. Too much concentration on BC isnt working. Trying to show that her single minded devotion to TY and her goodness of heart made TY change her behavior isnt having any impact to be honest.

the last 3 weeks have been the most boring when it comes to whirlwind girl 2. If RB comes back this season would have been a total waste. 

Lets just hope that the ending satisfies you and everyone else, yes I agree that JCW could have been ultilized a lot more and could have made him more of a central/main character and gave us more of his background with his previous Hall and how he knows of CY. I hope these final two episodes are longer to give us a more satisfying ending, a good one if there's no season 3 and no Zombie RB :P 

!@#$%^&*() Ok....first, I caved and watched ep 26. JUST ep 26.

At the rate things are going, it looks like they may try for a S3.

IF, IF they do, then this would be a filler, and had they NOT attempted so much to have CA take over as RB, the story would still make sense in terms of novel-verse. As previously mentioned, there are years unaccounted for in the novel which has BC leaving Yuan Wu Dao.

However, because of the way they made S2...much of what becomes the basis for the entire latter half of the novel will no longer apply or even make sense. 

The novel had an opening for what they did in S2 (i.e. have Chu Yuan and Ruo Bai disappear). But this should have occurred aaaaallllllll the way after S2.

IF they make S3 without YY and bring back RB, I will refuse to watch it T_T

8 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

GUYS EPISODE 28 IS NOT THE END!!!!!

I just watched the episodes live and during the second episode I knew that there was NO WAY this was the end. And it wasn't. There was a preview at the end of episode 28. Where the hell did we get that there was only 28 episodes? 

Daebak! Really! :o but on mydramalist it shows that it's finished at episode 28? 

Spoiler

I was so worried about the ending that I didn't pay attention that much to the episodes...

Just random thoughts, but they keep pushing BC/CA so hard! CA kissed BC on the forehead again and BC had mixed feelings about it. TY and BC are on good terms now and she told BC to keep fighting so it seems like this drama is over. LOL BC lost to one girl because she was haunted by the TY accident. I swear they showed that clip of her hitting TY at least 5 times in episode 27. It was annoying seeing it over and over. WE GET IT WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!  Then she won fight in episode 28 by closing her eyes and fighting. Also I really need to rant about HOW MUCH SONG BAI (EXCEPT FOR BC AND FY) SUCK AT MARTIAL ARTS! One of the guys lost and it didn't look believable at all. It looked like he had no idea what he was doing... Seriously these people are like white belt level. TH was seen wearing the Feng Yun uniform and I don't think it looks good on him lol. 

On to the previews. Commercial preview #1 showed BC and CA at the horse place and TH and ex student are also there. Uh oh what are they doing there. After episode 28 preview showed CA doing a romantic surprise for BC and another forehead kiss happens. Another scene shows TH dragging BC into his car and driving off. Commercial preview #2 showed Fei Yu is back and just showed interaction between him and XY.

BUT I'M SO GLAD THAT IT AIN'T OVER BECAUSE WE GOT SO MUCH MORE TO COVER AND I HAVE HOPE FOR THE ENDING AGAIN! 

4 minutes ago, gaby81 said:

Daebak! Really! :o but on mydramalist it shows that it's finished at episode 28? 

The previews shown during the commercial breaks had brand new scenes and there was a preview for episode 29 after the episode! Also I really doubt they would end the show with TH looking pissed af lol. I remember hearing that the show aired ahead of schedule? So maybe that messed up airing schedules? I really don't know what happened.

12 hours ago, Annie Choice said:

I definitely agree with you that this show is veryy BC centric, but after all, it's called WWG. But I do agree with you that the only thing that went wrong is that the character isn't strong enough to carry the drama. If they had made this drama more JCW centric, perhaps people would like the character BC more. It's like everything revolves around her life and they just added more of her scenes, but all of these scenes involve her being very emotional and vulnerable for a fight girl. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the prequel, there was more focus on RB as compared to this season with CA, which was smart considering fans like to watch more boy centric drama than girl centric. Also, JCW has the most fans among the show so I was surprised to see how much screen time he had to share with Chen Xiang. 

1 hour ago, ridingtherush said:

GUYS EPISODE 28 IS NOT THE END!!!!!

I just watched the episodes live and during the second episode I knew that there was NO WAY this was the end. And it wasn't. There was a preview at the end of episode 28. Where the hell did we get that there was only 28 episodes? 

Omgosh I'm so happy!! I didn't get to watch live today. please give me spoilder. Btw, did you ever post in JOF thread because I realized your name sounds really familiar. 

1 hour ago, gaby81 said:

Btw, did you ever post in JOF thread because I realized your name sounds really familiar. 

5 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

There's a total of 32 episodes as shown on HunanTV 

http://www.mgtv.com/v/2/293050/index.html?cxid=95kqkw8n6

Looks like they ended up extending the drama but no one seemed to know before it started airing.

I think that they might want to test the water a bit to see if there are people watching it. If ppl don't like the show then they might cut it back to 28 eps, but since people do watch this they extended it. I'm sure they filmed a lot of scenes and realized they didn't want to cut them down so that it could flow better. Smart of them. I hope they better not waste these final four episodes. But honestly though, if they didn't put in so many flashbacks, it would have been 28 episodes worthwhile. 

10 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

I definitely agree with you that this show is veryy BC centric, but after all, it's called WWG. But I do agree with you that the only thing that went wrong is that the character isn't strong enough to carry the drama. If they had made this drama more JCW centric, perhaps people would like the character BC more. It's like everything revolves around her life and they just added more of her scenes, but all of these scenes involve her being very emotional and vulnerable for a fight girl. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the prequel, there was more focus on RB as compared to this season with CA, which was smart considering fans like to watch more boy centric drama than girl centric. Also, JCW has the most fans among the show so I was surprised to see how much screen time he had to share with Chen Xiang. 

Omgosh I'm so happy!! I didn't get to watch live today. please give me spoilder. Btw, did you ever post in JOF thread because I realized your name sounds really familiar. 

Btw, did you ever post in JOF thread because I realized your name sounds really familiar. 

I think that they might want to test the water a bit to see if there are people watching it. If ppl don't like the show then they might cut it back to 28 eps, but since people do watch this they extended it. I'm sure they filmed a lot of scenes and realized they didn't want to cut them down so that it could flow better. Smart of them. I hope they better not waste these final four episodes. But honestly though, if they didn't put in so many flashbacks, it would have been 28 episodes worthwhile. 

JOF? I'm sorry but what does that mean? I'm sorry but I'm clueless :( 

What the heck. They should have tied a neat little bow at Episode 28 and just ended the season nicely...with a BC/CA happy ending. As IMOmusings commented, in season 2, the writer used CA character to get BC where she is now, so there isn't much more of the novel to cover if RB comes back.

In season 1, although RB is more handsome,  I preferred the gentle doctor Yu Chu Yuan over Ruo Bai (based on personality, not looks). It bothered me that BC later would be interested in RB, who her best friend had a huge huge crush on for a long time. It's not like her best friend has any choice but to accept it, but the storyline was disappointing from the best friend's perspective. Also, it bothered me that RB was a martyr and kept BC in the dark for so many things, even if it was for her benefit. And it's just not ok to let someone you love think you're dead, unless it would otherwise cause them great bodily harm or death (which I can't imagine being the case). For those reasons, I would not watch season 3, unless it's with CA or a brand new character.

6 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

LOL sorry I meant to say journey of flower. I followed that drama a while ago and there is a thread in this forum. if you don't know, just ignore that lol 

Nope never seen that drama, who knows I've been in many threads maybe you've seen me in one of those ..

40 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

There's a total of 32 episodes as shown on HunanTV 

http://www.mgtv.com/v/2/293050/index.html?cxid=95kqkw8n6

Looks like they ended up extending the drama but no one seemed to know before it started airing.

Exactly.  Every other site out on the Interwebz said it was only going to be 28 episodes... which I found odd since WG1 was 32 episodes itself.  I guess we're all set now for THE FINAL SHOWDOWN.  Or not.  *praying hard that there is NO Season 3*

OMGOSHHHH i just finished ep 28 and I died from all the cute CA and BC scenes. PLEASE GIVE ME A KISSSSSS AND PLEASE LET CA LIVE AND PLEASE LET BC INITIATE FOR ONCE TO MAKE HIM HAPPY!

p.s. why do I feel like practice scenes between CA and BC are times for him to seduce her? 

41 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

Lmao they are bringing back Fei Yu and I find his character so useless. -_- 

I just want these last episodes to be packed with plot! I noticed that BC's friends are getting a lot more screen time at the end of the season vs. the beginning where they were pretty irrelevant. Now it feels like they're shoving these characters down our throats by force. :angry: This show really doesn't do a good job developing the non main characters. 

Archived