[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季

sugarplum892

I might be the 1000th person to add to the discussion but this is no where in comparison to the first season.. Why make a second one if they cannot keep the same cast. 

But I do understand that YY is busy with Just A Smile is Very Alluring which is so cheesy and good!! :D His smile is indeed alluring.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thunderman1 said:

I might be the 1000th person to add to the discussion but this is no where in comparison to the first season.. Why make a second one if they cannot keep the same cast. 

I guess the to finish the novel to drama version, I'm pretty sure that the writer had it all figured out but due to the two main actors had other hpthings to do and or didn't want to do the same role again :'( but such is life.. So those of us that didn't read (because we can't read Chinese:( ) For Closure of sorts for BC and all.

15 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

But I do understand that YY is busy with Just A Smile is Very Alluring which is so cheesy and good!! :D His smile is indeed alluring.

Well the first season did well so why not make a second season? TV networks don't care about plot or continuity. They only care about ratings. If season one did bad then there wouldn't have been a second season no matter how unfulfilling the ending was. Actor conflicts aren't uncommon so it's up to shows to adapt and work with what they have. I'm glad they did make a second season because I love CA! :) 

6 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

Well the first season did well so why not make a second season? TV networks don't care about plot or continuity. They only care about ratings. If season one did bad then there wouldn't have been a second season no matter how unfulfilling the ending was. Actor conflicts aren't uncommon so it's up to shows to adapt and work with what they have. I'm glad they did make a second season because I love CA! :) 

The man can act but the dubbing is not working with me on my end... 

14 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

The man can act but the dubbing is not working with me on my end... 

LOL the mismatch of mouth movement and dubbing LORD xD

BUT I have to admit, the person they got to voice act him is pretty close to what he sounds like in Korean O_O or at least it gives of the JCW vibe =)

1 hour ago, gaby81 said:

Okay so I just finished watching both episodes RAW and it's so ridiculous that everyone is getting mad that TY is seriously injured and they are getting mad at BC, hello it's a competition people. Like TY was out for blood and was really serious in crippling BC but that's ok but no on can hurt TY is that it :huh::angry: That's FYH for you cripple and win at all costs. Shame on TH for getting all bouty hurt at the out come he could have done something or said something to BC before hand like his sister was out to seriously hurt hurt. That Girl is crazy it's a competition not a blood sport, have a good ole fashion fisticuffs. Well it's good that TH will be out of the picture now so that CA and BC can finally come together and that she can see who's truly has been by her side:) but somethings tells me TH will manage to come back into the picture and act like nothing's wrong or anything :angry:

I knowww. I give props to the girl playing TY though, she has that look to play a villain. Her expression is always heavy or mad. But I guess it shows she's a great actress. and yassss please take TH out of the picture for me. He's getting real despicable. 

26 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

I know right. I guess I understand why people are mad but it's not like it's the producer's fault that the old leads don't wanna play. They gotta figure out a way. I actually find CA a refreshing character. I like his personality and JCW's acting is really nice. Too bad China is banning Hallyu cuz they can really use him for a lot of roles. I'm not a big fan of YY's acting, maybe not yet. 

12 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

I knowww. I give props to the girl playing TY though, she has that look to play a villain. Her expression is always heavy or mad. But I guess it shows she's a great actress. and yassss please take TH out of the picture for me. He's getting real despicable. 

I know right. I guess I understand why people are mad but it's not like it's the producer's fault that the old leads don't wanna play. They gotta figure out a way. I actually find CA a refreshing character. I like his personality and JCW's acting is really nice. Too bad China is banning Hallyu cuz they can really use him for a lot of roles. I'm not a big fan of YY's acting, maybe not yet. 

Try his latest new drama and you'll have a change of heart. :) Everything is consistent so far. So many netizens fangirling over this drama.  

His acting is on point.. although he does have that pretty boy vibe, he's still very handsome in my eyes.

7 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Try his latest new drama and you'll have a change of heart. :) Everything is consistent so far. So many netizens fangirling over this drama.  

His acting is on point.. although he does have that pretty boy vibe, he's still very handsome in my eyes.

Yeah I saw the trailer of his new drama but Idk, it seems overly cheesy for my taste. I'm not a fan of the author's works though so I can't seem to get into that drama. Plus Zheng Shuang's acting is a no for me. I guess it's not YY's fault, more like I don't have the mood to watch it now. I will watch his other works in the future.

4 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

Yeah I saw the trailer of his new drama but Idk, it seems overly cheesy for my taste. I'm not a fan of the author's works though so I can't seem to get into that drama. Plus Zheng Shuang's acting is a no for me. I guess it's not YY's fault, more like I don't have the mood to watch it now. I will watch his other works in the future.

It is hard to watch something without a basis for it just like you said. Gu Man's novels are always on point and scriptwriter (normally is the writer herself) stays consistent with drama adaptation. 

Even for American adaptations, I normally have to read the novel first before proceeding to the movie.

2 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

It is hard to watch something without a basis for it just like you said. Gu Man's novels are always on point and scriptwriter (normally is the writer herself) stays consistent with drama adaptation. 

Even for American adaptations, I normally have to read the novel first before proceeding to the movie.

Yeah, that's true. I heard Gu Man is a good writer and all of her works are top ranked among chinese online romance novels. However, I saw You're My Sunshine in both drama and movie adaptations and I didn't like them. I also watched Shan Shan Come to Eat, but I also didn't like that although ZLY was really adorable in her role. For me I am okay with adaptation being varied from the novel as long as it is creative and well directed. So if I haven't read the novel, as long as the drama version makes sense or has reasons to justify for the variation then I'm fine with that. 

By the way, I really love the novel First Love Forever Love by Shu Yi and I think that An Yue Xi and JCW will be the perfect candidates to play Zhao Mei and Sun Jia Yu. Have anyone read that novel? It's sad!!

---

Bai Cao can be a stubborn and sometimes annoying character but props to An Yue Xi's crying skills!

8xDIUx3.gif

T585smp.gif

AU629hQ.gif

KNuFfof.gif

n738Hbb.gif

Bonus: LOVEEEE!

Fl8RUrM.gif

cr: weibo

14 minutes ago, Maansi Gupta said:

It's getting exhausting now..what happened in these two episodes ? Nothing much at all...they didn't even show enough practice scenes. Only 6 episodes left and no development in relationships.

Getting very tiring and irritating

yeah all the flash back scenes are taking up the whole episode. They could have added more progression between BC and CA.

7 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

yeah all the flash back scenes are taking up the whole episode. They could have added more progression between BC and CA.

I see the flashbacks as signs of a shift to more CA goodness and story :) 

23 minutes ago, Maansi Gupta said:

It's getting exhausting now..what happened in these two episodes ? Nothing much at all...they didn't even show enough practice scenes. Only 6 episodes left and no development in relationships.

Getting very tiring and irritating

Hopefully these last six episodes will be more jam packed with more drama between the trio and way more with BC & CA  fast and speedy developed relationship :) I wanna see how much more of a Richard Simmons TH can get.

Omgosh I'm looking at A Smile Is Very Alluring theme video right now and the heck?! They got so many sweet kiss scenes but all we got here is forehead kiss! Unfair! It has nothing to do with censorship I guess

I'm watching the preview of ep 23 and it seems like TH is finally letting go of BC!!!!!!!!! YAS!!!

@minshinlover, nope I will have to check that novel out later when time persists. I'm an ahjumma always fangirling on cheesy dramas. :) 

42 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

Omgosh I'm looking at A Smile Is Very Alluring theme video right now and the heck?! They got so many sweet kiss scenes but all we got here is forehead kiss! Unfair! It has nothing to do with censorship I guess

Reveal hidden contents

I'm watching the preview of ep 23 and it seems like TH is finally letting go of BC!!!!!!!!! YAS!!!

Come join the crew, hun. :) HEHEHEHEHE. Everything is playing out well in comparison to the novel. The movie was horrid in my eyes, all except the game scenes. Although I give them credit for trying to condense a 50 chapter novel into a 1.5 hr movie. I can't blame them there.

13 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

@minshinlover, nope I will have to check that novel out later when time persists. I'm an ahjumma always fangirling on cheesy dramas. :) 

Hahah it's okay, I'm getting older too but I still watch high school dramas sometimes. 

13 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Come join the crew, hun. :) HEHEHEHEHE. Everything is playing out well in comparison to the novel. The movie was horrid in my eyes, all except the game scenes. Although I give them credit for trying to condense a 50 chapter novel into a 1.5 hr movie. I can't blame them there.

LOL!!! Okay I'll definitely check out tomorrow and let you know how I feel about the drama. But yes, I saw the movie well skimmed through it. I thought Angelababy is pretty and funny somewhat. She did better than some of her other works. But yeah, I can see why you would hate it since movie adaptation always feels underdeveloped. 

---

Stills of upcoming episodes

4kHDohs.jpg

9YMLVHS.jpg

2aWvmWg.jpg

7N2N3Hg.jpg

A2cx2G4.jpg

JCW has a way to make me feel like he's in love with his co-star, so good at acting! He seems very comfortable with skinships as opposed to many other actors. 

Even with all the crabbing about new cast members and all that, SOMEONE must be watching because WG2 just turned over 1 BILLION views on Mango TV... faster than WG1 did during its run in 2015.  *yaaaaaaay*

005Ri5EFgw1f75rilzisbj31jk2le4lm.jpg

I'll catch up this weekend, but in adding my two cents:  I doubt Chang An and Bai Cao will be end game, unless the writer-nim decides to not even attempt a third season.  Ji Chang Wook has to go off to his mandatory military service and there's no way that he could reprise the role unless they do it in flashbacks like what has been shown with Yang Yang's flashbacks.  Which would be utterly stupid and demeaning to anyone who watched both Season 1 and Season 2.  But the 'teasing' of potential Season 3 storylines in the past few episodes makes me worry a bit.  Actually, a lot. *hmpf*

But Chang An is a little ray of sunshine compared to Ting Hao, who I want to throw out a window every time he comes up on screen.  Chen Xiang is obviously doing his job well if we all want to inflict bodily harm upon his character, ne?  :P

8 minutes ago, cherkell said:

Even with all the crabbing about new cast members and all that, SOMEONE must be watching because WG2 just turned over 1 BILLION views on Mango TV... faster than WG1 did during its run in 2015.  *yaaaaaaay*

I'll catch up this weekend, but in adding my two cents:  I doubt Chang An and Bai Cao will be end game, unless the writer-nim decides to not even attempt a third season.  Ji Chang Wook has to go off to his mandatory military service and there's no way that he could reprise the role unless they do it in flashbacks like what has been shown with Yang Yang's flashbacks.  Which would be utterly stupid and demeaning to anyone who watched both Season 1 and Season 2.  But the 'teasing' of potential Season 3 storylines in the past few episodes makes me worry a bit.  Actually, a lot. *hmpf*

But Chang An is a little ray of sunshine compared to Ting Hao, who I want to throw out a window every time he comes up on screen.  Chen Xiang is obviously doing his job well if we all want to inflict bodily harm upon his character, ne?  :P

Woooww! woohoo! I'm happy for this season because I could tell that the main casts had a lot of weight on their shoulders from the pressure of the prequel's success. But I think that we need to give credit to season 1 because without its previous success, people wouldn't be as interested to see whether this one will be as good. I've heard people complaining on and on about this drama yet they say they still can't stop watching it. Same for me. As much as I know there are many flaws, I'm hooked! 

Seriously? I hope not because it would be so weird to have RB come back in season 3 and then they gonna kill off CA this time? Can you point out some of the 'teasing'? Cause I can't really tell yet. If they do make season 3, I hope they at least keep An Yue Xi, but if she doesn't play BC then I wouldn't mind since there won't be JCW anyway. Though I won't be complaining the same way other people have with this drama. 

If they do a S3...and continue to persist in making a new character fit in to RB's novel mould, I would pitch a fit. In all seriousness, if they do that then the writer isn't really thinking of writing a good drama, they're just thinking of how to string along lovers of the novel =.="

I just watched finished ep 22 and I felt like complaining here!!

OMG LIKE throughout the whole episode I was like OMG TY YOU BISHHHHHH LIKE OMG WHY YOU SO EVIL?!!?!!!

And when BC gave her that awesome kick, I was like SHOOT, NOW EVERYONE'S GONNA BLAME HER FOR WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO TY!!!! (Since TY looked like she was about to faint even before that kick happened) 

Sure enough they did, but omg, it's TY's own fault (I mean I'm sure she must have had too much training that caused her to have brain to malfunction) that made her become vegetative state. and now BC's getting the blame :( 

Saw the preview for next eps, kinda sad to see TH being so caring for BC at first and then all of the sudden, he hates her immediately after what happened to TY. I understand though, I mean it's his sister after all, but still, knowing BC, she obviously will blamed herself for the whole incident. 

I'm not too sure if BC and CA will end up together, I hope they do, but I feel like that won't happen though :( 

Archived