[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季

sugarplum892

AHHAHAHAH as much as we all complain about BC's non-reaction, that's actually how her character was written in the novel xD

If you've read the novel, it's likely you'll be very very happy with the way her emotions are shown in the drama. 

IMO, the whole BC getting attacked was written purely to keep in line with the novel's development. The same situation in the novel makes much more sense as to why the girls have no phones and no bags, and is a tad more hilarious before it gets too serious.

The novel BC actually ends up being out of competition for months (i.e. she doesn't take part in the championship iirc). That's also what leads to actual development in the whole RB-BC saga.

As I've stated previously, a lot of what has happened this season was probably only written in to satisfy the novel readers. In actuality though, they really needed to create a brand new story for CA because now, you have all these weird situations that don't make sense to anyone @_@

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

AHHAHAHAH as much as we all complain about BC's non-reaction, that's actually how her character was written in the novel xD

If you've read the novel, it's likely you'll be very very happy with the way her emotions are shown in the drama. 

IMO, the whole BC getting attacked was written purely to keep in line with the novel's development. The same situation in the novel makes much more sense as to why the girls have no phones and no bags, and is a tad more hilarious before it gets too serious.

The novel BC actually ends up being out of competition for months (i.e. she doesn't take part in the championship iirc). That's also what leads to actual development in the whole RB-BC saga.

As I've stated previously, a lot of what has happened this season was probably only written in to satisfy the novel readers. In actuality though, they really needed to create a brand new story for CA because now, you have all these weird situations that don't make sense to anyone @_@

Oh I see...But it's weird because An Yue Xi's acting is a bit emotional for someone who doesn't show emotion. The only area she doesn't show emotion in is romance. As someone who read the novel, how would you rate her acting for this particular role, and in comparison to Hu Bing Qing? Because I see a lot of people complaining about her acting innocent and stuffs. To me she seems pretty natural and her fights look real good.

I think this sequel actually did a good job covering the change because as someone who didn't read the novel nor have watched the first drama, I understand what's going on. The flow seems logical enough, I mean I didn't even feel like I needed to watch part 1 to understand what happened. 

@minshinlover Hmmm I would say both actress' did well to portray BC. That may seem an odd thought but there's a section between season 1 and 2 that people seem to forget. TH's sister sustained serious and life threatening injuries from BC after the last match in season 1.  Based on the novel, BC actually leaves Yuan Wu Dao for an extended period of time because of this. Season 2 totally disregards this and her return. Anyone that watches season 2 as a direct continuation will have issues with AYX's acting, but based on the timeline, her more serious nature makes sense. 

Season 1 is BC pre-TH's sister. She's still young, naive and without much experience in Yuan Wu Dao or tournaments in general. Season 2, she's more aware of the damage that she can inflict and has to live with the knowledge that she nearly killed someone. It's not expressly shown in season 2 which is a pity, because most people don't understand the reason for her change.

You could technically watch season 1/2 as standalone dramas without issue. Mainly because of the removal of RB and total personality change of BC. She's still naive in season 2, but she's also becoming more aware and more serious about Yuan Wu Dao.

I would say HBQ acted more 'innocent' and a tad more 'air headed' compared to AYX. Complaints about AYX acting innocent, I think, is more to do with how she looks. Her acting isn't really 'innocent' per say. Keep in mind, she's in total denial about RB so she ignores anything and everything that says otherwise. She's only meant to be in her late teens and RB is meant to be in his 20s? mid-20s I think by the time season 2 starts. So she has reason to be 'innocent'. She was brought up sheltered and not really aware of the world. Think of her like a bubble wrap baby =D

56 minutes ago, minshinlover said:
  Reveal hidden contents

omgosh omgosh I love your post! I actually watched it live because I was too into the show. I'm too emotionally invested in this drama by this point. I didn't watch Part 1, tbh. I heard about its success but I couldn't come to watch it due to the main girl's image. But I got into this by chance because I didn't have anything good to watch atm. I love Zhao liying from JOF so I started Zhu Xian but it is disappointing me so badly so far. So glad I got into this. A lot of people still complain about the change in casts but I just treat them as two separate dramas. I'm not gonna judge since I haven't watched part 1 but I still think I like part 2 because of more development between the BC and CA compared to BC and RB. I really love CA's character. He's not the typical cold guy, but he has a backstory and character development. I like the fact that he's true to himself and speaks his mind (but in a way that doesn't force his opinions on others coughs TH coughs) TH, on the other hand, is just a straight up creep. Tbh, I understand he loves BC but that doesn't justify for his actions. I'm really wondering whether the was any reason from part 1 that showed why he likes her that badly. Yes, there could be no reason to love but I'd see it more as an obsession/infatuation, whereas love has more foundation to it. Like with CA, we get why he loves BC. She's the only one who believed in him, helped him, initiated to bring him back when no one did. He used to be a lone wolf until she came into his life; they spent time alone together and he kept finding himself having to help her. Hence, as time goes on he has unconsciously invested in her as a mentor. She also changed the way he viewed martial arts -- that is, not to be the best but to be the best one can be. 

I agree with you about how unrealistic that scene was. They went out without bags, what kind of girls go out at night without phones and bags?! Lost signal, got lost, and how TH and CA actually waited for them outside together and got worried real quickly knowing these girls know how to fight. I also found it unrealistic and upsetting how they made BC's friend so weak. How could she not be able to fight back a little?! 

Btw, gotta rant a little about those awkward scenes where TH provoked CA by being intimate with BC. It was funny yes but really out of character for CA. 

Oh lastly, I also hate the fact that they don't show BC's reaction to CA's confession. WHy?! So what happened after all the things he confessed to her? Did she also stared into space and just not say anything? I know it would be awkward for her to say no or something but at least, it means there's an answer to it. Urghhhh...Gosh I need moreee of BC and CA.

Same I think of season 1 and season 2 as two separate series! I find it hard to watch season 1 because I don't like the way the girl looks and I'm not a fan of RB or Chu Yuan so the season didn't appeal to me. Without season 2 BC actress and JCW, I probably wouldn't have watched the show. I watched a bit of season 1 to get to know more about TH (season 2 got me interested in him). In season 1, he seemed to portray more of a rich arrogant pretentious guy. His usual hair style wasn't the bangs, but similar to the style he had in Japan. I'm more attracted to season 2 TH. Imao I want to punch season 1 TH whenever I see him because he looks like such a jerk to me. In season 1, he was seen as a famous champion and got a lot of attention. Season 2 definitely downplays it and his fashion style changed too. Season 2 is more mature businessy while season 1 was like hot rich teenager. I guess TH wants her so badly because she rejects him. Any girl would love to date him, but he was going after the girl nobody liked in s1. I guess it was one of those "love the chase" situations. But he was never obsessed with her to s2 level. Then again s1 had 3 guys for BC so he didn't have as much spotlight as s2.

46 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

I'm curious, what parts of season 2 are from the book? Was Feng Yun made up for CA? What about Lu Fei Yu? What percentage of this season so far is based on the book?

I saw someone else talk about this, but do you guys think they tried to make season 2 more western? After watching parts of season 1, it kinda seems that way. Everyone in season 2 has a lot of makeup to make them pale and the colors of the show seem cooler? Season 1 had a more warm hue to me. I don't dislike what they are doing, but what do you guys think? Some people seem to hate the change. 

Basically, any back-story to do with CA and all characters involved in that story are made up (as far as I'm aware). However, any one-on-one interaction between BC and CA, for the most part, occurred between BC and RB in the novel as well. Her recent 'injury' was also a part of the novel, but the reasons for how she became injured was changed in the drama. TH also isn't such an richard simmons in the novel =D

S2 TH is more 'mature' because he's taken over from his grandfather as the head of his dojo and transitioning empire. I think there was a reason for TH's agreement but can't remember off the top of my head.

15 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

@minshinlover Hmmm I would say both actress' did well to portray BC. That may seem an odd thought but there's a section between season 1 and 2 that people seem to forget. TH's sister sustained serious and life threatening injuries from BC after the last match in season 1.  Based on the novel, BC actually leaves Yuan Wu Dao for an extended period of time because of this. Season 2 totally disregards this and her return. Anyone that watches season 2 as a direct continuation will have issues with AYX's acting, but based on the timeline, her more serious nature makes sense. 

Season 1 is BC pre-TH's sister. She's still young, naive and without much experience in Yuan Wu Dao or tournaments in general. Season 2, she's more aware of the damage that she can inflict and has to live with the knowledge that she nearly killed someone. It's not expressly shown in season 2 which is a pity, because most people don't understand the reason for her change.

You could technically watch season 1/2 as standalone dramas without issue. Mainly because of the removal of RB and total personality change of BC. She's still naive in season 2, but she's also becoming more aware and more serious about Yuan Wu Dao.

I would say HBQ acted more 'innocent' and a tad more 'air headed' compared to AYX. Complaints about AYX acting innocent, I think, is more to do with how she looks. Her acting isn't really 'innocent' per say. Keep in mind, she's in total denial about RB so she ignores anything and everything that says otherwise. She's only meant to be in her late teens and RB is meant to be in his 20s? mid-20s I think by the time season 2 starts. So she has reason to be 'innocent'. She was brought up sheltered and not really aware of the world. Think of her like a bubble wrap baby =D

Woww thanks so much for clearing it up for me. I really like the way you interpreted their actings. You definitely used logic to reason instead of some people who just blindly hate on part 2 due to the cast change. I definitely think An Yue Xi's looks is somewhat a disadvantage for certain roles because of how 'innocent', deer in the headlight she looks at times. But I can see potential in her acting. I reckon her as one of those actresses that don't seem wooden but actually understands what her role requires. I wish she gets the opportunity to play a breakthrough role like Zhao Liying in JOF soon. She deserves it.  

13 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

Same I think of season 1 and season 2 as two separate series! I find it hard to watch season 1 because I don't like the way the girl looks and I'm not a fan of RB or Chu Yuan so the season didn't appeal to me. Without season 2 BC actress and JCW, I probably wouldn't have watched the show. I watched a bit of season 1 to get to know more about TH (season 2 got me interested in him). In season 1, he seemed to portray more of a rich arrogant pretentious guy. His usual hair style wasn't the bangs, but similar to the style he had in Japan. I'm more attracted to season 2 TH. Imao I want to punch season 1 TH whenever I see him because he looks like such a jerk to me. In season 1, he was seen as a famous champion and got a lot of attention. Season 2 definitely downplays it and his fashion style changed too. Season 2 is more mature businessy while season 1 was like hot rich teenager. I guess TH wants her so badly because she rejects him. Any girl would love to date him, but he was going after the girl nobody liked in s1. I guess it was one of those "love the chase" situations. But he was never obsessed with her to s2 level. Then again s1 had 3 guys for BC so he didn't have as much spotlight as s2.

Haha same. Hu Bing Qing is quite pretty without that ugly hairdo actually. But the styling was so bad in part 1. I think they mainly wanted to put the focus on Yang Yang haha. Chen Xiang is soo handsome though especially with the combed back hairstyle. I guess that's why a lot of viewers still justify for his character. smh I really like his acting in ROTCH 2015 as Lu Zhan Yuan, but he disappoints me here. He seems to overact sometimes whenever he confronts CA. 

I think they are planning a Season 3. There was a mention of BC finding her brother and there are only 8 episodes left with no development between BC and CA. If BC manages to win the national competition let alone compete... it will be totally unrealistic. Feng Yun arc also hasn't developed much. They have wasted 20 episodes on TH obsession and i feel disappointed now. I am wary of how season 2 is going to end. 

4 minutes ago, Annie Choice said:

I think they are planning a Season 3. There was a mention of BC finding her brother and there are only 8 episodes left with no development between BC and CA. If BC manages to win the national competition let alone compete... it will be totally unrealistic. Feng Yun arc also hasn't developed much. They have wasted 20 episodes on TH obsession and i feel disappointed now. I am wary of how season 2 is going to end. 

Well I hope there's going to be a season 3 because I'd like more info on Feng Yun Hall, More of CA's youth to his whole broken leg injury, why they want him so desperately and what's the deal with CA's ex student that has a hard on to seek her old mentor & teacher, also BC's brother who has never been mentioned in season 1 until recently. I have yet to watch episodes 16-20 subbed yet. If there is going to be a season 3' I'd hope they develop more of the FEng Yun Hall Arc & BC's Brother Arc. Fingers Crossed.

7 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

If there is a S3, they would need to change the male lead again xD JCW needs to enlist soon 

As for BC's brother, that would be another arc they totally made up (no brother in the novel)

Lol well there goes that ideas and hope :bawling:

This is just my opinion:

1) I think the forehead kiss is as far as they'll go. I'll take whatever I can get. In season 1, there weren't any kisses or anything. Just 1 measly hug between BC and RB . That's it. Heck I hug my friends/parents like that. I think that's because there are also kids watching this - since it's on chinese television

2) I also think Yue Xi is doing a fine job as BC in general. It's hard to follow the original, but I think she has more confidence and athleticism than the 1st. Many of her martial arts scenes are a pleasure to watch, including the ones where she's training with Chang An. I expect BC at this point would have progressed to that level of confidence and athleticism at this point in the story - right before the National Youth Championship. 

3) Do keep in mind that the same writer who wrote the novels also wrote the script for season 2. So she can really make these characters whatever she wants them to be. Fans of her novels will of course want her to stay in line with the novels, but I think it's ok for her to re-write and re-create to suit the needs of a drama. At the end of the day, I think this season is in keeping with the spirit and themes of what she wanted to relay by her writings. So, I am curious as to how she's gonna end season 2. 

Spoiler

Anyways, the writer and production have a real dilemma on their hands. If I were them, I'd just assume YY is not coming back ever and give the girl to Chang An (make the current season fans happy) and end it there. But I think RB is coming back and it will be a cliff hanger or something like that. Excited to see how they'll tied it up in the next 2 weeks.

My opinion is that it would be stupid for there not to be a kiss because this season puts a lot more emphasis on romance than season 1. They showed a couple kissing in the couples competition so they aren't trying to censor kissing. CA flat out stated that he wanted to kiss BC. This show teases us so much that it would be anticlimactic for nothing to come out of it. 

I think we can all agree that we're worried about how season 2 will end and season 3 being messy. Storytelling wise it would be awful for them to just bring RB back because it would feel like a lot of season 2 was a waste. I think the perfect ending would be CA/BC endgame with RB staying dead. With all the actor conflicts, I would worry about doing a season 3... I'm fine with no season 3 as long as we get a satisfying ending.

I don't know if I'd want part 3 without yue xi and JCW in it. China is currently banning korean actors from holding activities in China so I doubt they would let JCW back + plus, the enlist thing. lol 

1 hour ago, cookiesncream123 said:

This is just my opinion:

1) I think the forehead kiss is as far as they'll go. I'll take whatever I can get. In season 1, there weren't any kisses or anything. Just 1 measly hug between BC and RB . That's it. Heck I hug my friends/parents like that. I think that's because there are also kids watching this - since it's on chinese television

2) I also think Yue Xi is doing a fine job as BC in general. It's hard to follow the original, but I think she has more confidence and athleticism than the 1st. Many of her martial arts scenes are a pleasure to watch, including the ones where she's training with Chang An. I expect BC at this point would have progressed to that level of confidence and athleticism at this point in the story - right before the National Youth Championship. 

3) Do keep in mind that the same writer who wrote the novels also wrote the script for season 2. So she can really make these characters whatever she wants them to be. Fans of her novels will of course want her to stay in line with the novels, but I think it's ok for her to re-write and re-create to suit the needs of a drama. At the end of the day, I think this season is in keeping with the spirit and themes of what she wanted to relay by her writings. So, I am curious as to how she's gonna end season 2. 

Hide contents

Anyways, the writer and production have a real dilemma on their hands. If I were them, I'd just assume YY is not coming back ever and give the girl to Chang An (make the current season fans happy) and end it there. But I think RB is coming back and it will be a cliff hanger or something like that. Excited to see how they'll tied it up in the next 2 weeks.

Is China really that conservative? I'm not surprised seeing how much new rules they are enforcing regarding television censorship. But I don't see whats wrong with a light peck on the lips. It's realistic enough yet nothing too provoking for children. Oh also, why do you think there is a possibility that RB can actually come back? I thought he's already dead by all the evidence hinted from this season. CA even said it explicitly. It would be real weird to have him back after having CA + BC relationship for this season. I'd be mad if he's back. Too many love stories for BC, tbh. I'd rather have them focus on one foundational one.

2 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

iirc, BC should still be underage (i.e. <18 y.o) I THINK!! Wasn't she 16 in S1?

Wasn't there a 2 year time skip in season 1? I'm pretty sure she's at least 18 by now. She's old enough to be in college as CA mentioned in the last episode. Btw how old do you think CA is?

15 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

Wasn't there a 2 year time skip in season 1? I'm pretty sure she's at least 18 by now. She's old enough to be in college as CA mentioned in the last episode. Btw how old do you think CA is?

I don't think it was two years, but I don't have any concrete reference so it would only my guess at best. I'm not sure what the 'legal' age in China is so this is all just theories being thrown out there, but college could still mean 17 by international age (not sure if they do the whole +1 like Koreans do). CA....probably same as RB? so mid 20s? He's meant to be around the same age as RB/TH/CY or a few years older - since he was their instructor before.

A Random Theory I Had Last Night:

What if BC gets TY's whole fighting accident that almost gets her killed and sidelined for a good while, since it didn't happen to her and now she's off training with FYH and that trains students on being little monsters that hurts and cripples fighters. Just another thought if they decided to go down that road and continue this into season 3. It would be interesting to see how they'd do that and all that it's entails. 

I still haven't seen these past four episodes subbed as they haven't been fully subbed yet on the site and app I watch it from :'( anyone know where I can see it fully subbed at? PM me if you help a fellow drama addict :D

I am watching episode 10 currently, and the whole thing about her and that strawberry hair pin is pissing the s*** out of me !! Like seriously!!!! I just want to go in and slap the writer...It's so stupid!! she wants to go to the final tournament because Ruobai will be proud, and now she is faltering over a stupid hairpin. Okay I understand it is important for her, but c'mon she tries to run back to the hotel in Japan when she is all dressed up before a fight?? :angry: This is sooo stupid I think my IQ dropped by 500 points and I banged my head against the wall like a thousand times. Please!!! why do they do this to us??

38 minutes ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I am watching episode 10 currently, and the whole thing about her and that strawberry hair pin is pissing the s*** out of me !! Like seriously!!!! I just want to go in and slap the writer...It's so stupid!! she wants to go to the final tournament because Ruobai will be proud, and now she is faltering over a stupid hairpin. Okay I understand it is important for her, but c'mon she tries to run back to the hotel in Japan when she is all dressed up before a fight?? :angry: This is sooo stupid I think my IQ dropped by 500 points and I banged my head against the wall like a thousand times. Please!!! why do they do this to us??

Not to be rude, but have you seen season 1 or know what happened in it? Ruo Bai did a lot for Bai Cao so the hairpin is extremely important to her. It's the last reminder she has of him. I have seen a lot of people complain about BC when it comes to RB, but you really need to put yourself in her shoes and think about what she went through and how much Ruo Bai meant to her. 

Archived