[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季

sugarplum892

Just re-watched with subs. It seems that RB is definitely dead then? Hopefully the story can move on now. Another 16 episodes to go,, and we still have to see some relationship build up and romance going on between CA and BC, don't know the mystery of the new guy out to make trouble and whats gonna happen with Ting Hao!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I'm visiting China and it was raining a lot so I was watching random Chinese shows. My sis and I stopped on this show because we found the two guys especially the guy in the black attractive. I found myself really into the show and I wanted to understand what's going on so I looked all over the web for the show. I watched it last Thursday and at like 5/6ish they showed some old episodes and at 10/11 I'm guessing their showed the new ones. I'm really curious on what the airing schedule is like for this show? Since I'm in China for a while I can watch it live even tho I understand nothing haha. I can't understand mandarin or read Chinese to save my life. 

I really enjoy this sequel, even more so than the first one! However, I do miss Ruo Bai, but adore the new actress for BC. And our poor TingHao who is forever in love with her, but she won't give him the time of day.

For more of my thoughts and opinions on this drama, please click here: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/whirlwind-girl-2-lets-kick-it-off/

PS. Is this drama still airing, it seem to have stopped at ep12, and no new episodes were uploaded this week sadly. I hope that the ban on the dramas is not applying here! 

38 minutes ago, picadrama said:

PS. Is this drama still airing, it seem to have stopped at ep12, and no new episodes were uploaded this week sadly. I hope that the ban on the dramas is not applying here! 

Episodes 13 and 14 aired today at its usual timeslots, and none of Wook's scenes were cut out (as previously falsely rumoured).  Give Viki some time to upload the raws and work on the subs, as these are all volunteers doing this on their own time.  :)

I'm not sure why fans still held hope for RB (I seem to remember reading a synopsis somewhere that specifically mentions the reason we don't see him in S2).

As for CA - BC - TH triangle...well damn TH just digs a hole for himself without the other two needing to do anything. He's not much of a love rival when he makes himself out to be the baddie O_O".

JCW in ep 13/14 reminds me of his Healer character. A lot of the subtle gestures that he has is reminiscent of the 'dumb' side to the character he played =X

On 8/10/2016 at 5:35 PM, cherkell said:

Episodes 13 and 14 aired today at its usual timeslots, and none of Wook's scenes were cut out (as previously falsely rumoured).  Give Viki some time to upload the raws and work on the subs, as these are all volunteers doing this on their own time.  :)

Ah my bad, I had forgotten it was a wed/thurs air time. Somehow i had thought it was a mon/tues! 

I was checking on Maplestage for raws since I don't need the subtitles (I understand Mandarin). I didn't know that viki was subbing this drama!

Thanks for the reassurance! I am glad this drama is still airing! <3

1 hour ago, picadrama said:

Ah my bad, I had forgotten it was a wed/thurs air time. Somehow i had thought it was a mon/tues! 

I was checking on Maplestage for raws since I don't need the subtitles (I understand Mandarin). I didn't know that viki was subbing this drama!

Thanks for the reassurance! I am glad this drama is still airing! <3

I do agree; MS was a little late on their uploads with last week's episodes, but fortunately not by much.  But thank goodness all is back on schedule again.  *yay*

We're now past the halfway point with this week's episodes, and the show is getting very good ratings country-wide, so Hunan TV would be shooting themselves in the foot if they tampered with the episodes at all.   ^_^

I recently got into this show and I have been loving it! I'm really rooting for BC and CA to be end game. I have noticed some stuff from the opening and trailer that are spoilerish and wanted to see what people had to say about them. :)

Looking at the opening, I noticed the CA and TH fight and how TH is wearing red so is he going to fight for Feng Yun? Because if so then that's messed up considering everything he has said about them. But I guess he hates CA more. But then again the last episodes have shown that he has problems so he probably can't think straight. 

In the 6 minute trailer, someone attacks BC and another scene shows her holding the flag for the hall at a competition. So I'm guessing that someone is purposely sabotaging them so that they can't win in the 3 person competition. But the trailer also shows scenes of lots of Song Bai Hall students training so I guess everything works out and there's a good chance they won and combined the two groups.

4 hours ago, ridingtherush said:

I recently got into this show and I have been loving it! I'm really rooting for BC and CA to be end game. I have noticed some stuff from the opening and trailer that are spoilerish and wanted to see what people had to say about them. :)

Hide contents

Looking at the opening, I noticed the CA and TH fight and how TH is wearing red so is he going to fight for Feng Yun? Because if so then that's messed up considering everything he has said about them. But I guess he hates CA more. But then again the last episodes have shown that he has problems so he probably can't think straight. 

In the 6 minute trailer, someone attacks BC and another scene shows her holding the flag for the hall at a competition. So I'm guessing that someone is purposely sabotaging them so that they can't win in the 3 person competition. But the trailer also shows scenes of lots of Song Bai Hall students training so I guess everything works out and there's a good chance they won and combined the two groups.

Hmmm:

Spoiler

Is TH in full red or just his collar? If it's just his collar then that's his normal uniform, I can't remember seeing him in full red though...

The scene where BC is attack...iirc isn't actually meant to be someone sabotaging them. I think it's the production team's attempt at keeping somewhat true to the novel as in the novel, BC gets attacked while protecting her friend from some guys who were trying to harass them. Her knee ends up being damaged so badly that she has to pull out of a competition and go into intensive therapy and recuperation. This happens just before RB is admitted to hospital for surgery.

I'm actually more interested in the possibility that CA becomes 1 of the 3 put up for the group fight since the trailer has shots of him in competition uniform~~

1 hour ago, IMOmusings said:

Hmmm:

Reveal hidden contents

Is TH in full red or just his collar? If it's just his collar then that's his normal uniform, I can't remember seeing him in full red though...

The scene where BC is attack...iirc isn't actually meant to be someone sabotaging them. I think it's the production team's attempt at keeping somewhat true to the novel as in the novel, BC gets attacked while protecting her friend from some guys who were trying to harass them. Her knee ends up being damaged so badly that she has to pull out of a competition and go into intensive therapy and recuperation. This happens just before RB is admitted to hospital for surgery.

I'm actually more interested in the possibility that CA becomes 1 of the 3 put up for the group fight since the trailer has shots of him in competition uniform~~

Around the 1:00 mark in the opening you see CA fighting a guy in full red. I thought it was TH. And dang watching a show based on a book really doesn't let you have too much speculation lol.

@ridingtherush although many of the main points of the drama reflect the novel, but with the introduction of CA the why is a bit up in the air. A lot of what happens now, no longer match the timeline of the novel. Major turning points appear e.g. CA suffering in Japan BUTTTTT novel and drama aren't exactly linear so there's still a bit of room for the imagination =D

Wrt BC and the 'attack' the reason that her friend is there in the first place should no longer apply xD because RB doesn't exist at this point in time for the drama. So I'm questioning why they were where they were @_@

I have some thoughts... :P

Spoiler

First off, even though Ting Hao and Chang An are competing against each other at Feng Yu dojo, still one participant has to be clothed in blue and the other has to be clothed in red.  It's just the procedural heritage the dojo is following.

Secondly, I never trust spoilers/previews/trailers, even with a pre-produced drama.  The production was re-filming certain scenes up until the last day of shooting, so some of those scenes may be scrapped prior to the episode's actual airing.

Lastly, the introduction of Chang An turns out to be more of the writer's call when Yang Yang couldn't appear in WG2 because of prior commitments and they had to come up with another actor ASAP.  Ji Chang Wook's China contract allowed the production to cast him as 'the new guy' but the writer is still trying to hold true to the novel.  So we're going to see some deviation from the original storyline; at this point, I don't find it that distracting.  Yet.  :phew:

Spoiler

I assumed the show decided to throw that in for 'artistic licence.'  Both the boys are still at the Feng Yun dojo, no?  Didn't Young Ting Hao say in a prior episode that he was going to fight Young Chang An when he finished his training to avenge the death of that other little kid who died?  I'm not quite sure if it was expressly spoken, but it was more or less inferred from the earlier scenes between the youngsters.

Argh, now you have me wondering.  I'm going to have to go back and watch that episode again.  Was it 11 or 12 with the first showing of that fight?

1 hour ago, cherkell said:
  Hide contents

I assumed the show decided to throw that in for 'artistic licence.'  Both the boys are still at the Feng Yun dojo, no?  Didn't Young Ting Hao say in a prior episode that he was going to fight Young Chang An when he finished his training to avenge the death of that other little kid who died?  I'm not quite sure if it was expressly spoken, but it was more or less inferred from the earlier scenes between the youngsters.

Argh, now you have me wondering.  I'm going to have to go back and watch that episode again.  Was it 11 or 12 with the first showing of that fight?

You have me a bit confused. I don't remember Young Ting Hao saying anything about avenging the little kid. The latest flashback I remember is TH calling CA a demon and running away. Off the top of my head, I don't remember anything CA/TH related in ep 11 or 12. When you say fight do you mean the fight from the pics I posted? That was from the opening theme song. I really don't think they would have a clip in the opening that won't play out in the show considering most opening clips have happened in episodes. Just doesn't make sense to have one odd scene out.

@endingday7 See you if can watch on Viki.com when you get back from your China trip. Do be sure to check out a drama called "Healer" which the guy in the black was in. Excellent drama.

Actually I am very very curious to know how they are going to end the show. Because I don't think YY will want to reprise Ruo Bai unless they pay him alot $$$$..

@cookiesncream123 They'll most likely end the show the same way the novel did, just using CA instead of RB. So far the story pans itself out the same way with a few minor adjustments. The only major arc deviation is the inclusion of CA's backstory, but even then, it's a filler for the novel rather than and outright veering off course.

As for TH in red...I have a funny feeling it may actually be CA fighting for the opposition (don't quote me on this). It seems like his old dojo is still dangling for him to return. Even with his injury, if he were to actually put effort into a fight, he could probably outfight anyone currently in competition. Probably RB/TH and the other guy (the doctor? for the life of me I can never remember his name) too.

Plus, TH is always in some form of red xD

@lawyerh Welcome! I think BC/CA have great chemisty too. 

@IMOmusings I wonder how it would've been if Ji Chang Wook played RB in the 1st quarter. Because RB/CA just feel like 2 totally different characters to me. RB, to me, always felt he was withholding himself from BC. He usually had his poker face on 90% of the time. But CA, once he felt at home, wears his heart on his sleeve and seems more affectionate towards BC overall - like when he was touched that she came after him and brought him back to Song Bai on the bike, when he was helping her with the ice sculpture, and would follow her around and try to make her eat when she was grieving, and when he's sculpting her with wood and thinking about her etc. 

Spoiler

I personally feel that RB (BC's former flame who's supposedly dead) will be back at the end of the drama. Do I think there's gonna be a 3rd season? No, not unless they can find an actor willing to possibly ruin their career trying to play RB or CA.  

Guys guys, new follower of the drama here. I've watched up to episode 18 today. Really loving CA + BC couple. I really like An Yue Xi, she's soo pretty and emotes well with her acting. It's just a bit vulnerable looking for a fight girl. but I really like the chemistry between her and Ji ChangWook. 

2 hours ago, cookiesncream123 said:

Hide contents

I personally feel that RB (BC's former flame who's supposedly dead) will be back at the end of the drama. Do I think there's gonna be a 3rd season? No, not unless they can find an actor willing to possibly ruin their career trying to play RB or CA.  

Unless they change the actor, YY hasn't come back for it. So the only way that would happen is if someone else played him. If they do that, I will be so freaking pissed as to why they just didn't give JCW the role and continue the story. I'm fairly certain he was written out, and the other guy too (which is why you hear his voice - probably pre-recorded, and never see him [the doctor I mean]).

Archived