[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季

sugarplum892

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Thuc-NghiT Don't even bother watching S1, it ends on a cliffhanger and then the guy is possibly dead in S2 and that question never gets resovled. You'll know what I mean if you end up watching S1. Also, the writer definitely seemed to have writer's block towards the latter half of the show - really injudicious use of flashbacks constantly.

Anyways, thanks all for the thread. Everyone seems really nice here. Here's hoping JCW's and An Yui Xi's next projects are better. 

Hey everyone I'm new here but I have been a silent reader since the show started.  Haven't seen S1 of wwg and watched this season just because of Jcw! <3. He's a pure eyecandy throughout the show, don't know how many times I died seeing his eyes. Gosh you just stare into them.. Okay back to his role,  Chang an was just perfect.. they could have shown more of him as a coach than a love sick puppy... IMO he owned episodes 33 & 34 with his fighting scenes. They could have shown more of his martial arts throughout the show as USP, too bad they left for last.

Coming to the last two epis I saw it raw on YT , that was a total waste of time, was so disappointed. Just a rerun of what had already been shown.  

My question- Why didn't they showed something of that guy named Chenzhou or that secret box Yin xiu said about? 

There's definitely a season 3 going by the ending and as much as I want JCW in it, I know he can't be there so what would they do to CA? It would have been better had they shown CA going back to US for some reasons attached to that box..or to meet that patient Yifeng was talking about.

As for Bia cao, I haven't seen a FL as boring as her! She simply doesn't have any romantic bones in her. Also if she still had/has only that one person in her heart why the heck did she let CA kiss/hug/flirt with her at first place. She could have kept distance from him just like she did for TH. Though I admit all those scenes were cute but it only made our CA look one sided lover... 

Did anybody else liked the chemistry between the CA and his former student Yin xiu?? I was hoping she would apologize to him and makeup with a hug in the end.

So I thought long and hard about why there were a bunch of recaps through ep 35 and 36 and finally the only thing I could think of was that they had to change the ending. I think the originally ending was with BC and CA, but during the process they felt like it wouldn't satisfy some audiences and also knew JCW ain't coming back next season. Soo what they thought was best was to do another open ending and bring RB back in part 3. I saw a clip at the end of part 2 that edited YY in a preview or something (from his cut in part 1) to show he's coming back. I dont know if they will really let YY act in part 3 but there will definitely be part 3. I'm not watching part 3 unless JCW is in there. I'm not gonna complain like the other viewers who supported part 1 but I will definitely not touch it. 

Btw, i know some of you guys don't like BC and I hate this character as well. But I think it's simply how her character is written (poorly fleshed out character), so don't blame Yue Xi pleasee. She's a pretty good actress. She wasn't like this in her other dramas. 

@minshinlover I like BC as a player, i think her dedication to her sport is something to watch but coming to relationships she is a big fat zero. She doesn't even know how to respond to a proposal. Total bland.. Why let a guy kiss/hug you when you don't even feel for him 1%. I blame the makers for fooling fans,  letting them hope that CA and BC would end up together. Even though somewhere I knew that won't happen just by looking at her expressions..  

15 hours ago, cookiesncream123 said:

@Thuc-NghiT Don't even bother watching S1, it ends on a cliffhanger and then the guy is possibly dead in S2 and that question never gets resovled. You'll know what I mean if you end up watching S1. Also, the writer definitely seemed to have writer's block towards the latter half of the show - really injudicious use of flashbacks constantly.

Anyways, thanks all for the thread. Everyone seems really nice here. Here's hoping JCW's and An Yui Xi's next projects are better. 

augh that sucks to hear :( thanks for saving me major investment in RB though haha I can't deal with multiple seasons

27 minutes ago, Lulu said:

On funny note though.. BC showed more emotions to the darn strawberry pin than CA.. Lol.. Director just probably let them read the script and not really directed them how they should attack the scene.. 

Lol no I'm sure it's because of the darn director who directed the film this way. and yeah the strawberry has way more scenes than it deserved. it symbolized RB's presence, though, but why the darn pin? couldn't they have thought of something more symbolic and substantive?

Season 3 will be a hot mess. I have no idea how they will incorporate Feng Yun and Ruo Bai/new guy together. The Feng Yun story is no where near done and there's so much backstory that we don't know! Feng Yun has to be included if Ting Hao is in the next season. So they could leave him out, but he's done so many shows for Hunan TV that he'll probably come back. I would feel weird that they would ignore all the events in season 2 because CA is gone. Ugh just thinking about this show makes my head hurts. I bet the producers are either trying to get Yang Yang back or looking for the next hot Chinese actors. Sadly no more Korean actors. I feel sorry for any new actors dragged into season 3. 

It was a nice ride talking to yall. We saw the greatness of this show and it's sharp turn into disaster. Now it's time to forget about this mess and look up news next summer. And then revive my hatred. But whateves I might forget this show completely. If there's some things we can take away, it's that to keep fighting and reject guys hard before they turn into Ting Haos! 

Suffered through 36 episodes with every episodes having recaps over and over again.  If not for JCW, I would have totally stop watching it all together.  And the last 2 episodes of recaps, totally a waste of time.  I'm glad this drama is over, it was really a pain watching it.

On 9/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, minshinlover said:

Lol no I'm sure it's because of the darn director who directed the film this way. and yeah the strawberry has way more scenes than it deserved. it symbolized RB's presence, though, but why the darn pin? couldn't they have thought of something more symbolic and substantive?

I recently finished watching Season 1 and popped by this thread to see whether Season 2 was worth watching now that it's completed.  In reading through the comments, I can't help but comment on your observations/questions regarding the strawberry clip.  I don't know what, if any, explanation they provided for it in Season 2, but from a Season 1 perspective, the strawberry clip is significant.

In Season 1, RB gave BC the strawberry clip as a birthday present.  The strawberry clip was something she'd really wanted, so she was excited to receive it -- as she later explained, she was touched by the fact that someone had noticed she really wanted the clip even though she couldn't afford it and gone out of their way to get it for her -- but, due to certain events, she ended up mistaking someone else as the gifter of the strawberry clip (specifically, Chu Yuan).  The strawberry clip thus became one of the many things RB did for her that she remained unaware of.  Even at the end of the drama, after learning just how much RB had done and sacrificed for her over the years, the real origins of the strawberry clip remained unknown to her so she was never able to thank him for it.

I assume that by Season 2, BC has figured out that RB was the one who (in fact) gave her the strawberry clip.  It would mean a lot to her as one of the last vestiges of RB.  It symbolizes his love, sacrifice, and care for her, and proves that he was at all times watching out for her.

14 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I recently finished watching Season 1 and popped by this thread to see whether Season 2 was worth watching now that it's completed.  In reading through the comments, I can't help but comment on your observations/questions regarding the strawberry clip.  I don't know what, if any, explanation they provided for it in Season 2, but from a Season 1 perspective, the strawberry clip is significant.

In Season 1, RB gave BC the strawberry clip as a birthday present.  The strawberry clip was something she'd really wanted, so she was excited to receive it -- as she later explained, she was touched by the fact that someone had noticed she really wanted the clip even though she couldn't afford it and gone out of their way to get it for her -- but, due to certain events, she ended up mistaking someone else as the gifter of the strawberry clip (specifically, Chu Yuan).  The strawberry clip thus became one of the many things RB did for her that she remained unaware of.  Even at the end of the drama, after learning just how much RB had done and sacrificed for her over the years, the real origins of the strawberry clip remained unknown to her so she was never able to thank him for it.

I assume that by Season 2, BC has figured out that RB was the one who (in fact) gave her the strawberry clip.  It would mean a lot to her as one of the last vestiges of RB.  It symbolizes his love, sacrifice, and care for her, and proves that he was at all times watching out for her.

Ohh trust me I understand where the strawberry pin comes into play. It's just the pin itself is such a...I guess for me "minute" item to be used as a symbol but I totally understand why they add it in this season. I was just upset that they gave it too much screentime lol

21 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Yup I know all about the Strawberry Pin and I liked Season 1 a lot. When Season 2 came, i wouldn't have liked to see BC with anyone but RB, but the directors played a master stroke and got JCW in. Now its not always the actor, but his character and role was also so well done that you couldnt just help fall hopelessly in love with him that the fact that BC wasnt even moved a bit by him and gave more loving glances to the pin instead of him was a little too much to take. Chang An's character had the maximum change, growth and development. Plus he was mysterious and fun. By the end of Season 2 he also had a good sense of humor, could tease BC and shared friendship with BC. He became a confidant for her, someone she could depend on and had a fun and easygoing relationship with BC that RB never had. RB and BC as a relationship was still like a coach and junior.. BC was just very devoted and dependent on him. With Season 1, BC started realizing how much RB meant to her only when he told her that he wouldn't coach her since had found someone else. Hopefully if there is a Season 3 she does the same for CA.

In a way, Season 3 should happen, JCW should be back.. hopefully China, South Korea tension would have reduced by then. It would be great to have BC choose CA instead of RB even when he is alive. If they do not get Yang Yang for Season 3, but a different actor, it should be possible... since fans wouldn't mind ;) 

Times like these, i wish there were some good fanfiction writers for this tv series.... sadly there are none :( 

14 hours ago, Annie Choice said:

Yup I know all about the Strawberry Pin and I liked Season 1 a lot. When Season 2 came, i wouldn't have liked to see BC with anyone but RB, but the directors played a master stroke and got JCW in. Now its not always the actor, but his character and role was also so well done that you couldnt just help fall hopelessly in love with him that the fact that BC wasnt even moved a bit by him and gave more loving glances to the pin instead of him was a little too much to take. Chang An's character had the maximum change, growth and development. Plus he was mysterious and fun. By the end of Season 2 he also had a good sense of humor, could tease BC and shared friendship with BC. He became a confidant for her, someone she could depend on and had a fun and easygoing relationship with BC that RB never had. RB and BC as a relationship was still like a coach and junior.. BC was just very devoted and dependent on him. With Season 1, BC started realizing how much RB meant to her only when he told her that he wouldn't coach her since had found someone else. Hopefully if there is a Season 3 she does the same for CA.

In a way, Season 3 should happen, JCW should be back.. hopefully China, South Korea tension would have reduced by then. It would be great to have BC choose CA instead of RB even when he is alive. If they do not get Yang Yang for Season 3, but a different actor, it should be possible... since fans wouldn't mind ;) 

Times like these, i wish there were some good fanfiction writers for this tv series.... sadly there are none :( 

YAS! and I hate the fact that she never clarified to him that she had no interest in him. She should have said it when he made his first move. That's why I said BC was so leading. I hate leading people like that. I know she didn't want to close her option but like hey, he confessed to you at least 3 times and you never really said no. urghhh and do you really think JCW will be back? I hope not. He deserves way better. I would love to see him and An Yue Xi in a different production together tho. I ship them so much. Lol I used to write fanfics before. I would really want to give it a try with these two in the future when I have time. Maybe spice up An Yue Xi's character a bit. 

37 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

urghhh and do you really think JCW will be back? I hope not. He deserves way better. I would love to see him and An Yue Xi in a different production together tho. I ship them so much. Lol I used to write fanfics before. I would really want to give it a try with these two in the future when I have time. Maybe spice up An Yue Xi's character a bit. 

Seeing as how the production had a 7-month gap in between the series' airings, unless WG3 is filmed within the next 3 months, Ji Chang Wook will not be back.  He's turned 30 years old (Korean), so he has to serve his mandatory military service soon and will be unavailable for 2 years.  Granted, if he's smart, Wook should run away screaming from any attempts to bring him back physicially for another season.  Use massive amounts of flashbacks like the production did with Yang Yang for WG2.  *smh*

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

Seeing as how the production had a 7-month gap in between the series' airings, unless WG3 is filmed within the next 3 months, Ji Chang Wook will not be back.  He's turned 30 years old (Korean), so he has to serve his mandatory military service soon and will be unavailable for 2 years.  Granted, if he's smart, Wook should run away screaming from any attempts to bring him back physicially for another season.  Use massive amounts of flashbacks like the production did with Yang Yang for WG2.  *smh*

LOLL you're right. He should really flee from any proposal from this production crew. They're so greedy. I wonder why he agreed to film this drama in the first place considering he once said his criteria in choosing drama is a good script. People are saying there's news on Baidu that Season 3 will air in summer 2017 but the main casts are unconfirmed. They put JCW's name as one of the casts while no An Yue Xi. Hu Bing Qing's icon is pending as Bai Cao for now. What are they even thinking? 

P.s.

I really wish I could watch K2 because it seems so interesting, but I don't really like yoona as an actress. 

46 minutes ago, minshinlover said:

LOLL you're right. He should really flee from any proposal from this production crew. They're so greedy. I wonder why he agreed to film this drama in the first place considering he once said his criteria in choosing drama is a good script. People are saying there's news on Baidu that Season 3 will air in summer 2017 but the main casts are unconfirmed. They put JCW's name as one of the casts while no An Yue Xi. Hu Bing Qing's icon is pending as Bai Cao for now. What are they even thinking?

People on Baidu go and make shite up.  I never consider them a valid source of information whatsoever.  Unfortunately, Wook had to fulfill his Chinese contract with two dramas -- Mr. Right (which still has yet to see the light of day due to the THAAD controversy) and Whirlwind Girl 2.  Contracts are not in perpituity (meaning that they auto-renew themselves year after year), so hopefully starring in these two productions will mean his term is done and dusted and he can move on.  But there's no way in hell he's gonna do another Chinese drama without major soul-searching... or I'm gonna fly over there and kick his butt.  Seriously.

It's not just Baidu, there are actually quite a few articles in recent days with the suggestion that there's a S3 to air in summer 2017 (same schedule as for S2)...not sure how valid they are though but even then, S2 didn't confirm lead actors until start of this year...so we could be waiting a while. Or at least until Hunan does their yearly schedule announcement for next season.

Archived