[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季

sugarplum892

20 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

Not to be rude, but have you seen season 1 or know what happened in it? Ruo Bai did a lot for Bai Cao so the hairpin is extremely important to her. It's the last reminder she has of him. I have seen a lot of people complain about BC when it comes to RB, but you really need to put yourself in her shoes and think about what she went through and how much Ruo Bai meant to her. 

Yes you're right, I haven't seen season 1, but even then, I think it is very far fetched for her to make the hair pin control her so much. I just found it so impractical. But yeah, you're right in a way.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ridingtherush said:

Not to be rude, but have you seen season 1 or know what happened in it? Ruo Bai did a lot for Bai Cao so the hairpin is extremely important to her. It's the last reminder she has of him. I have seen a lot of people complain about BC when it comes to RB, but you really need to put yourself in her shoes and think about what she went through and how much Ruo Bai meant to her. 

In saying that, the adoration she has for the pin basically ignores every single thing that RB ever said to her or taught her from S1. She still hasn't reached the seriousness thats needed for Yuan Wu Dao based on what RB is expecting of her. 

One the one hand, I can understand her emotions, but on the other, it's like she obsesses over him when he's not there, but picks and chooses what she wishes to remember from their time spent together =/

I guess the writer/director is in a dilemma. If he/she allows BC to easily get over RB's death, it would richard simmons off the viewers especially fans of the original. So he has to sorta weave RB's name into the sequel and give BC and him a more complete ending. But because RB can't exist in the sequel, it makes BC's reaction over the top for someone who never went out with RB. Just like when she told CA that she never went out with RB, he got surprised because the way she acted made him think they had a history together, which they did but not in the context he thought. 

@gaby81 I watch it on Viki.com    All 20 episodes are subbed.

@minshinlover I agree, the writer/director had to acknowledge how much RB had meant to BC using the strawberry pin, esp for the fans who read the novels.

24 minutes ago, MeiY said:

@gaby81 I watch it on Viki.com    All 20 episodes are subbed.

@minshinlover I agree, the writer/director had to acknowledge how much RB had meant to BC using the strawberry pin, esp for the fans who read the novels.

Oh yes I know it's on Viki that's where I watch it butt was wondering if there was another site that had it fully subbed. But I was informed earlier today there was not :( but yes I'm going to watch it later on tonight.

1 hour ago, gaby81 said:

Oh yes I know it's on Viki that's where I watch it butt was wondering if there was another site that had it fully subbed. But I was informed earlier today there was not :( but yes I'm going to watch it later on tonight.

@gaby81, check the PM I just sent you.  :D

See...the whole over the top reaction to the strawberry...LOL ok so in the novel:

Spoiler

The over the top reaction also happens BUT, it was because she thought CY gave it to her as a secret present for her birthday. She still hadn't realised that it was RB who gave it to her by this point.

She still manages to lose the thing during the Japan tournament but of course, when RB goes to look for it, it makes his heart condition flare. This is the first of many instances that she realises he puts a lot on the line to help her. 

However, it is also the first time that RB gets really angry at her for her close relationship with CY. Not sure if it's really because he hates how she relies on it for her confidence in Yuan Wu Dao, or because he hates to think that she actually likes CY.

Whereas in the drama:

Spoiler

Instead of being grateful that CA went to look for the strawberry pin at all, she just gives him a lot of anger and grief because he admonishes her for putting so much into a pin instead of her abilities.

12 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Are you looking for the novel?

The novel doesn't have an english translation.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. If nothing definitive happens with BC/CA today then i do not have many hopes of getting a good ending for this season :(

21 minutes ago, Annie Choice said:

The novel doesn't have an english translation.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. If nothing definitive happens with BC/CA today then i do not have many hopes of getting a good ending for this season :(

I hope that CA finally has enough of TH's obsessive and controlling behavior and finally speaks out to and for BC since she isn't putting him in his place and saying that enough is enough they are absolutely over now that the three months are over :angry:

1 hour ago, minshinlover said:

For anyone who wants to watch it live 

[snipped]

This post was removed because it links to an illegal streaming site not authorized by Soompi.  Only links to Viki, DramaFever and Crunchyroll are allowed.  Thanks for your cooperation. :D

Oops, sorry about that! 

---

I just finished the two newest episodes. Spoiler below:

BC was able to convince CA to allow her to compete with FTY. TH found out and got really mad and confronted CA. BC told CA to talk to TH one on one. She told him about how they won't have a future together since she doesn't like him. He asked if it's because of CA and like the preview, told her to get rid of the idea of competing against his sister. He blamed things on CA again (gosh he needs to disappear!). Basically TH talked to his sister about not competing against BC and they argued. She wanted him to choose who he wanted to win in the competition and he couldn't pick either, which provoked her even further. BC won a round against another contender and TY won a round, leading to the final competition. CA told BC not to compete again and she begged him (literally crying on the floor to beg. I feel bad for her but they need to write this role more likable. Not her fault, but a lot of people kept saying how she cries too much, which is out of character. *sighs*) There are tons of flashbacks these two episodes!!!! Got on my freaking nerves. They wasted at least 15 minutes to go through flash back scenes! Anyway, back to the competition, 1st round TY won. She knew about BC's injury and kept hitting the spot. 2nd round, she also had an advantage at first and knocked BC almost unconscious. CA told BC to remember her promise that if she couldn't do it anymore, she should quit. But BC ignored her promise and said she will carry on the competition. This time, BC got hit again and again by TY, but there was a final knock where TY hit her injured spot, but somehow, BC managed to reverse the situation. She spin around and up in the air many times, and used her good leg to make TY dizzy, and at the right moment attack with the other leg. TY was instantly K.O. but BC also went K.O right afterward. TH rushed to his sister while CA rushed to BC. Then the next scene showed TH rushed to the ER with TY. BC, CA, and her friend went to check on them. BC asked TH how was his sister but he didn't answer, showing he was angry at BC. His grandfather came in and slapped in for not taking care of his sister. Then, BC said it was all her fault and he reprimanded her. Her friend told him that it wasn't just BC's fault because TY did attack her several times. Basically, it ended there. The preview showed TH getting mad at BC. BC went missing in action and CA was looking for her.

Honestly, I'm happy that TH could finally let go of BC for this. It's actually a blessing in disguise lol I think this is somewhat similar to the novel as someone pointed out, where BC injured TY severely and realized how impactful it is. I just think BC's personality is a bit too stubborn at times. She's good hearted and has good intention, and tbh, objectively she has no fault in this competition. It's a competition. But if she were to listen to CA more, everything wouldn't have been so severe. I also think that she has finally realized in a way that she has feelings for CA, if you follow these new episodes, you can see what I mean. There are moments where she thought of what they did together. I'm guessing this season will end with them being together but no kiss scenes or anything. I guess it's fine but just slow paced and lack luster. There are scenes where I just wished BC would have hugged him, but they end abruptly. I wish they could have ended each scene more realistically with an answer to things. Like when CA said he wanted BC to be his girlfriend, I want to know what she did but they just fade it out like nothing. You get what I mean. 

Spoiler

Today's episodes were so emotional. :bawling:

There was so much back and forth between CA and BC. But still no confessions from BC... I GET SO FRUSTRATED OVER THOSE TWO! I think BC learns more about Chang An's past and Feng Yun because flashbacks happened during her perspective. The ending tho was really shocking. Spoilers, the BC and FTY fight ends in a draw with both girls getting knocked out. BC is ok, but FTY seems to be severely hurt (maybe even dead?). It kinda felt weird for FTY to be so hurt because she was kicking BC's butt the whole time until the end. TH was very emotionless at the end and the preview showed TH being mad at BC. The preview has me confessed because BC is cleaning a boat (maybe TH's?) and CA is seen driving somewhere. The other preview after the second episode ended showed Guang Ya is back and everyone at Song Bai was really sad. A preview was shown after the first episode and it showed a confrontational with CA's old student, CA, and BC. I found these episodes super hard to interpret in raw. There's just so much dialogue during very emotional scenes. Can't wait for subtitles because I need to understand what they're saying ASAP.

FYI I think BC/TH thing is still going on because their confrontational shown in last week's preview ended with TH hugging BC and refusing to let her go and ignoring her protests. God I hope BC doesn't stay with TH because of grief...

6 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

I've given up on this drama...all hopes of it being anywhere as good as it should be went out about 6 episodes ago T_T

Honestly, I love this show, but at the same time I know it's faults. I find this show a guilty pleasure and you kinda need to turn off your brain and throw out any logic. Lets be real, a lot of people are probably only watching because of the eye candy haha. Tbh JCW makes this show very pleasing to watch and I love his facial expressions. Chen Xiang isn't too bad either (when he's not speaking nonsense XD). But yeah I hate that this shows loves to throw in drama without any real buildup. 

18 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

I've given up on this drama...all hopes of it being anywhere as good as it should be went out about 6 episodes ago T_T

I hope you do stick around to watching til the end though, yes it's understandable you feel that way and TH and BC's goody two shoes and her lack speaking up for herself ( She listens to TH and Not to A which gets me so mad at her) doesn't help any. I still haven't watched RAW waiting for the website to upload them :( 

lol I've read the spoilers but I'm still going to watch them though :)

@ridingtherush & @gaby81, most times...I can deal with braincell depleting dramas T_T and as much as I love JCW and all the actors in the drama so far (no fault to be found)...but seriously T_T the story they've written to justify having CA replace RB just makes me want to break something. They took something that had so much potential (since honestly, introducing a brand new character opens up a whole new world of development that you can grasp to make the story even better than it was originally), but instead, they've basically turned it into a farce by trying to connect CA to RB's novel character T_T.

I can understand them wanting to keep it true to novel for purists, but the introduction of CA completely removed the need for that. Those that love the novel would have already thrown their hands up in surrender when CA was introduced T_T

I had such high hopes. As much as I loved the novel, I really wanted to see this second season take the story to new heights, so far though - it's all disappointment T_T

1 hour ago, IMOmusings said:

@ridingtherush & @gaby81, most times...I can deal with braincell depleting dramas T_T and as much as I love JCW and all the actors in the drama so far (no fault to be found)...but seriously T_T the story they've written to justify having CA replace RB just makes me want to break something. They took something that had so much potential (since honestly, introducing a brand new character opens up a whole new world of development that you can grasp to make the story even better than it was originally), but instead, they've basically turned it into a farce by trying to connect CA to RB's novel character T_T.

I can understand them wanting to keep it true to novel for purists, but the introduction of CA completely removed the need for that. Those that love the novel would have already thrown their hands up in surrender when CA was introduced T_T

I had such high hopes. As much as I loved the novel, I really wanted to see this second season take the story to new heights, so far though - it's all disappointment T_T

I get what you mean. I feel like the CA/BC/TH drama is getting in the way of the plot. They have been drawing it out for too long and a lot of fans are sick of it. I hate that Yuan Wu Dao is pushed to the side for the sake of drama. They made the National Youth Championship seem like a big deal, but it's just a tool for more drama... I love JCW's character, but he deserves better smh. The season is almost done and we still know like nothing about him. I know BC is the main character, but sometimes I hate that the show is so centered on her to the point where they ignore everyone else... I get that this show is a drama, but it's literally the same pointless romance drama over and over again.

Okay so I just finished watching both episodes RAW and it's so ridiculous that everyone is getting mad that TY is seriously injured and they are getting mad at BC, hello it's a competition people. Like TY was out for blood and was really serious in crippling BC but that's ok but no on can hurt TY is that it :huh::angry: That's FYH for you cripple and win at all costs. Shame on TH for getting all bouty hurt at the out come he could have done something or said something to BC before hand like his sister was out to seriously hurt hurt. That Girl is crazy it's a competition not a blood sport, have a good ole fashion fisticuffs. Well it's good that TH will be out of the picture now so that CA and BC can finally come together and that she can see who's truly has been by her side:) but somethings tells me TH will manage to come back into the picture and act like nothing's wrong or anything :angry:

Archived