sugarplum892

photo Taek2 133.jpg

cr: as tagged

Details:

Chinese Title: 旋风少女第二季 / Xuan Feng Shao Nu Di Er Ji
English title: Whirlwind Girl 2
Genre: Martial Arts, Modern, Love

Episodes: 36
Director:  Cheng Zhi Chao (Pretty Man 国民老公)
Broadcast Date: July 20, 2016

Cast:

Ji Changwook

An Yuexi

Chen Xiang

Wu Lei

Tang Song Yun

Synopsis:

Qi Bai Cao successfully conquered martial art competitions across Asia and gained a deeper understanding of her field. But with the loss of her mentor, she didn't know how to go on. She then met Chang An, a mysteriously talented man who took over her training. Under his grueling couching, Bai Cao regained her spirit and continued her path toward martial art glory.

Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季 Viki English Subbed Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Whirlwind Girl 2 旋风少女第二季 Raw Episodes

An Yue Xi 安悦溪 Official Thread

Pretty Man 国民老公 Official Drama Thread

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Drama/Video] More Ji Chang Wook teasers for “Whirlwind Girl 2”

wg2preview4.jpg?w=600&h=362

As you may expect, there is going to be a humongous promotional push leading up to the 20 July premiere of “Whirlwind Girl 2,” as evidenced by two more teaser videos posted by Mango TV today.  The jury’s still out on their choice of dubbing voice for Ji Chang Wook’s dialogue, although it looks like we may be able to hear him actually speak a few words in Chinese in some of these episodes.  I guess we’ll find out more soon!

The official Press Conference for “Whirlwind Girl 2” will be streamed live via the iFensi mobile application on 14 July at 1:00pm CST.  (The app for both iOS and Android platforms can be downloaded through iFensi.com; use the QR Code Reader on the right-hand side of the site to assist with your download.)  You can find the :30 trailer here, and the 1:00 trailer here.

wg2preview9.jpg?w=600&h=334

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/12/drama-more-ji-chang-wook-teasers-for-whirlwind-girl-2/

[Drama/Event/Video] Ji Chang Wook attends “Whirlwind Girl 2” press conference (image heavy)

cnnuc8suaaabguq.jpg?w=900&h=1349

The press conference for “Whirlwind Girl 2” was held this afternoon at the Beijing Wanda Sofitel Hotel.  The main and secondary cast members were all in attendance, along with director Cheng Zhi Chao (成志超), producers Zhang Yong (张勇) and Zhou Wen Jie (周文洁), and screenwriters Ming Xiao Xi (明晓溪) and Li Lei ( 李雷).  Streamed live via several Chinese online platforms, the press conference itself did not actually begin until 3:30pm… and not without its usual share of technical glitches so common with live events.  Here are some highlights gleaned during the live feed watch!

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/15/dramaevent-ji-chang-wook-attends-whirlwind-girl-2-press-conference-image-heavy/

Ji Chang Wook Makes Ratings Promise For Upcoming Chinese Drama

Ji Chang Wook Makes Ratings Promise For Upcoming Chinese Drama

Actor Ji Chang Wook has made fans a promise about what he’ll do if his new show does well in the ratings!  On July 14, Ji Chang Wook took part in a press conference in Beijing for his new Chinese drama, “Whirlwind Girl 2” (working title). During the press conference, he showed off his strength by lifting a female co-star up and down again several times, and also showed off his taekwondo skills.

ji chang wook

Ji Chang Wook also confessed his love for hot pot, and said that he loves to exercise. The host teased him that he sounded as though he as introducing himself at a blind date, and Ji Chang Wook replied, “It’s true, I’m working really hard on introducing myself right now. It’s similar to being on a blind date, because I’m really hoping that you all will like me.”

When asked who his ideal type is, Ji Chang Wook replied, “Someone who can always love me, no matter what I look like at the time.”

Reveal hidden contents

Source:  Soompi News

Editor's Note:  "Whirlwind Girl 2" is NOT the working title; it has been and always was the official title.

005Ri5EFgw1f61d33amsoj30w61c8e1c.jpg

"Whirlwind Girl 2" is off to a great start, with a 1.59% rating for its premiere episode!  Maybe those 3% rating promises are in sight?  We shall see!

The Viki link for Episode 1 is here: http://www.viki.com/videos/1106903v-whirlwind-girl-2-episode-1.  And on a personal note, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not harangue the subbers, as they are volunteers and working as fast as they can.  Subbers Fighting!!!

Hello everyone!

thank you @sugarplum892 for creating this thread and thank you @cherkell for mentioning this in one of your post in JCW thread.  

I am so happy for TG2.  Watched the first four episodes raw (without understanding a word)  wow so far it is good and JCW exceeded my expectation of him in this cdrama!  He is absolutely gorgeous, stunning and hot even though his character Chang An seems cold and tough.  Lookig forward for the next eps.  

Congratulations JCW and the rest of the team!  I think Chinese fans also also gave the drama a very warm acceptance!

Does anyone know where I can see the whirlwind girl aka" Tornando girl" subbed at? It's at Viki but no videos are posted :( I really would like to watch the first before the 2nd season. I've watch the first two episodes and I liked it :) 

42 minutes ago, gaby81 said:

Does anyone know where I can see the whirlwind girl aka" Tornando girl" subbed at? It's at Viki but no videos are posted :( I really would like to watch the first before the 2nd season. I've watch the first two episodes and I liked it :) 

The first season of "Whirlwind Girl" has all its videos fully-subbed and online here:  https://www.viki.com/tv/29384c-whirlwind-girl?q=Tornado Girl.  If you cannot view the episodes, then you're probably restricted due to Viki's geo-blocking.

NOTE:  Only legal streaming site links to DramaFever, Viki and Crunchyroll shows can be posted in these Soompi threads; we cannot share links to illegal streaming sites.  If someone has other sites where WG may be viewed, please share them via PM instead.  Thanks!

As much as I like JCW...I'm not sure how I feel about them trying to make his character RB v 2.0. Considering both have this air of mystery about them, quiet, aloof and suffering from some form of health issue...

At least we can count on FTH to be an richard simmons to his love rivals (sure go kick a guy when you know how much pain you will cause =.="), his sister is no better *sigh*

I saw the first episode. I liked it mainly bc I missed JCW on my TV. I was probably a little biased about the whole episode. The dubbing didn't bother me much, which is good. The white editing was a bit annoying, everyone looks super white like just one shade of white. It looks weird. 

News bites: July 23, 2016

jcwch1.jpg

Whirlwind Girl 2

• While he hasn’t confirmed K2 yet, Ji Chang-wook’s Whirlwind Girl 2 is on fire in China, and has already garnered over a billion clicks on Weibo. In the second season, a romance blossoms between Ji, an Olympics-level martial artist, and An Yue Xi, whom he coaches. The lead producer heaped praise on Ji, calling him a role model, and his co-star An also had nothing but accolades: “Ji Chang-wook Oppa is so respectful and well-mannered and careful. When we first started practicing and Oppa would speak in Korean, I felt as though I was filming a Korean drama. He treated everyone warmly. Plus, isn’t he the Korean drama lead we all love?” The youth romance in a martial arts setting premiered on Hunan TV on July 20. [Sports Chosun 1, 2, TV Report]

jcwch2.jpg

Spoiler

jcwch3.jpg

jcwch4.jpg

jcwch5.jpg

jcwch6.jpg

jcwch7.jpg

jcwch8.jpg

jcwch9.jpg

Credit:  http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/news-bites-july-23-2016/

I saw the 1st 4 episodes on Viki and enjoyed it. I saw Season 1 too, and I think the writer/novelist of the series did the best she could under the circumstances. They left Season 1 on a cliff-hanger with Season 2 already with a guaranteed broadcasting slot in Summer 2016, But the lead actor/actress both did not make time to do Season 2 and instead are in other dramas/projects. The writer did a time jump - and Whirlwind Girl 2 is the 7 mysterious years referred to in the novel series. I won't spoil anything, but I believe that the current drama is/will be totally compatible with her novels - hee hee, after all, she wrote it. She got so much abuse for the injection of new characters and the inevitable change in lead actress (because I read that the original actress broke her contract), that it kind of made me sad. Anyways, let's see where the story goes. Happy watching everyone!

@cookiesncream123 I'm not sure if this season will even keep true to the novel as there was no reason to introduce a new character i.e. Chang An, if the actress playing QBC was already being replaced. I read somewhere that this season is based on the premise that:

Spoiler

RB has already died at the end of season 1.

If you strictly follow the novel, he doesn't get hospitalised until much later in the story, and by then there's already a tentative establishment of the relationship between QBC and him. This is all just before the championships I think?

@IMOmusings There isn't any actor that would want to play Ruo Bai after YY, since it would've caused a huge uproar among his fanbase, 18M strong. The hysteria was well-noted on weibo. As for QBC, hu bing qing was not as well-loved as that character, as evidenced by her measly 2M followers, so there wasn't as much of a problem to replace her. Plus she breached her contract. 

Spoiler

I read the mysterious 7 years occurs after Ruo Bai's hospitalization but before the championships. Sorry I put this under spoiler, but no spoils here. 

Hi, first time posting on soompi and my first Chinese drama. I don't understand the episodes length and schedule. It seemes like they have 4 episodes per week but they have different length episodes, some about an hour some about 30 min? anybody knows how it works?

Also, in a post above it says that 1.59% rating is a great start, what would be considered a good rating? because 1.59% sounds very little to me. 

6 hours ago, didadi said:

Hi, first time posting on soompi and my first Chinese drama. I don't understand the episodes length and schedule. It seemes like they have 4 episodes per week but they have different length episodes, some about an hour some about 30 min? anybody knows how it works?

Also, in a post above it says that 1.59% rating is a great start, what would be considered a good rating? because 1.59% sounds very little to me. 

I dont know much about Chinese dramas since I just started watching some recently, but 1.59% is pretty good from what I have seen. I think anything above 2% is amazing and 3% you are known everywhere. I think if the drama has an average of over 1.5% if would be considered a success.

I am so happy the drama is doing well ^__^

@mrsyooknit thanks, I'm really glad the drama is doing well.

Actually I started watching because of JCW and I didn't particularly enjoy the first 3 episodes, but I started to enjoy it at episode 4. I feel that I could finally relate to the characters' emotions and motivations, and actually started to care about them a little bit. I hope it continues to improve. 

Archived