[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to watching this on Dramafever tonight! I love cranky guy/spunky girl match-ups! I'm also looking forward to seeing what they kept from the original series. It had a different sensibility from current dramas. How will they bring it up to date?

It's been subbed already & uploaded by Dramafever. I'm liking the pace of this remake. It's much faster, and the chemistry between Ha Suk-Jin & Jun So-Min is good. So far, it's much, much better than the original.

1 hour ago, whome said:

It's been subbed already & uploaded by Dramafever. I'm liking the pace of this remake. It's much faster, and the chemistry between Ha Suk-Jin & Jun So-Min is good. So far, it's much, much better than the original.

Thanks @whome I will see it there.

I am happy with the first episode and am looking forward to the next.  The pace is slightly faster but that is expected considering that its less episodes than the original.  They also did a slight twist in that the heroine actually lives on her own, and bring in a lawyer who so happens to the be lead's friend, so I am looking forward to seeing how they are going to introduce her cousin who end up being part of pair 2.

I enjoyed first episode,  Ha Suk Jin has a sweet face that he can't seem arrogant and Jun So Min is a sweet and beautiful girl. Their chemistry is big. The lawyer (Kim Sun Hyuk) and Kim Hyung Min are too hansome. The plot looks great. I'm already hooked with this drama.

I liked the first episode. They dived right into the story, simple setup, quirky characters but likable. I like the two leads. Their reactions to the absurdity of the situation was realistic as much as it can be allowed within the setup. I am in. Can't wait to see more. I like that they changed the core theme from marriage to dating. That makes more sense to me watching this in 2016 anyway. The challenge here is not for him to inherit the company but rather for him to fall for her or for her to do the same, lets see how this rolls.

Raise your hand, who else loved that dance at the classroom by Da-Hyun, that looked so much fun.

Also, I never actually agree with Han Cinema review guy, I think he really doesn't like his job from most of his reviews that I've read.

7 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Also, I never actually agree with Han Cinema review guy, I think he really doesn't like his job from most of his reviews that I've read.

:lol: LOL..... kekeke... never thought of that explanation on why I didn't get most of his reviews. makes sense! hahahah....

and yea, that dance looked totally fun @Nymeria289. too bad the kids and her didn't finish it. :D

liking the first episode though some of it felt a bit deja vu from watching the original. I liked the quirky touches that she is a president of a fan club and is torn between being a grammar nazi and encouraging loyal fans. hahahah... found it hilarious that she fell asleep on watching the new MV but still felt compelled to post an encouraging message. we have been there right? hahahha...

but I did wonder why they had grandpa have fake greys on his head -- it looked like someone had dropped chalk powder on his head or something. is he a young-ish person in real life? not old enough to play grandpa? :huh:

@Lmangla This is the first time watching this show in its 2016 reincarnation, I have no idea what went down in the original other than the fact that it was one of the earliest or perhaps the very first contract marriage drama and the writer from the original is involved. I also liked that she can't figure out whether to be a Grammar Nazi or a cool fanclub president. I kept imagining the Ji Soo we know to be playing the Ji Su in their. I like the lawyer friend and I find the petty fight between the grandfather and the grandson to be super hilarious. I'd say let the hijinks continue in full force and more skinship if its possible too. :lol: :wub:

@Nymeria289 ~ have been watching kdramas for a long time! hahahah.. so I just watched the original on TV and then rewatched it a few years back online. when I re-watched it, I felt like I was watching it mostly for the first time since I couldn't remember the original watch. guess it wasn't as memorable as some of the other dramas that caught my fancy then. but what I really liked in the original was actually the second pairing -- there was something darkly romantic because the second lead pairs were quite depressed and hardened characters due to circumstances. plus, the extended family comedy was quite funny.

in the original, she simply helps the grandfather one day in the subway when he is off to see his wife's grave and then ends up running into him often at the park where she runs. so she develops a friendship with him even though she has no clue that he is chairman. here, they made the chairman's choice based on a one-time dramatic incident -- makes sense that it would be memorable for him but it does seem a bit of a stretch that he would choose her after just one encounter.

I like the small changes they made in her character; she seems to be bit more of a ditz whereas she was more teach in the original. so those sort of little changes make it seem fresh enough for me to keep watching. :)

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@Nymeria289 ~ have been watching kdramas for a long time! hahahah.. so I just watched the original on TV and then rewatched it a few years back online. when I re-watched it, I felt like I was watching it mostly for the first time since I couldn't remember the original watch. guess it wasn't as memorable as some of the other dramas that caught my fancy then. but what I really liked in the original was actually the second pairing -- there was something darkly romantic because the second lead pairs were quite depressed and hardened characters due to circumstances. plus, the extended family comedy was quite funny.

in the original, she simply helps the grandfather one day in the subway when he is off to see his wife's grave and then ends up running into him often at the park where she runs. so she develops a friendship with him even though she has no clue that he is chairman. here, they made the chairman's choice based on a one-time dramatic incident -- makes sense that it would be memorable for him but it does seem a bit of a stretch that he would choose her after just one encounter.

I like the small changes they made in her character; she seems to be bit more of a ditz whereas she was more teach in the original. so those sort of little changes make it seem fresh enough for me to keep watching. :)

I don't think this was a sudden decision. We don't exactly have any idea about a timeline. So maybe, he did an extensive background check on her. Lets see because her file included the fact that she was the fanclub president. I don't think you can get that sort of information so easily. I'm curious about that, I hope they explain this much. Because she can't remember the old guy she had helped, there has to be some sort of time jump here.

Just now, Nymeria289 said:

I don't think this was a sudden decision. We don't exactly have any idea about a timeline. So maybe, he did an extensive background check on her. Lets see because her file included the fact that she was the fanclub president. I don't think you can get that sort of information so easily. I'm curious about that, I hope they explain this much. Because she can't remember the old guy she had helped, there has to be some sort of time jump here.

makes sense! another thing I like in this new version is the guy seems better dressed and better haircut! hahahha... so the old drama had him wearing a lot of large suits that seemed to just hang on him (fashion those days! hahahah) and he had that bowl haircut (which made me want to cut it the last time I rewatched the drama! hahahahh).... so it is nice to see a better dressed lead! kekekek..... :lol:

Second episode was only half an hour long. So they are very short episodes. I don't recall how many episodes there will be in the end.

I think she stayed with the grandfather until he regained consciousness and also looked after him while he was there as she was his guardian. You can tell a lot about a person when they act kindly towards someone with no expectation of anything in return as she was of the impression he was not well off.

I loved her spunk but I loved that about the original character too. I love how she talks back and reasons with him. She really slams his ego and leaves it in shambles. He is a pain and deserves it.

The guy who acted as the cousin was a much more charming fellow. Well still time to see how this actor performs. So far the main leads have chemistry and they both act reasonably well.

I hope that they don't waste all that orange juice the original drama did. Every meet 2 full glasses of orange juice would lie between them and it remained untouched and someone would stalk off . It was a running gag in my opinion and I was not the only one who noticed it when I saw a youtube viewer say"all that wasted orange juice " lol.

5 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

@Lmangla This is the first time watching this show in its 2016 reincarnation, I have no idea what went down in the original other than the fact that it was one of the earliest or perhaps the very first contract marriage drama and the writer from the original is involved. I also liked that she can't figure out whether to be a Grammar Nazi or a cool fanclub president. I kept imagining the Ji Soo we know to be playing the Ji Su in their. I like the lawyer friend and I find the petty fight between the grandfather and the grandson to be super hilarious. I'd say let the hijinks continue in full force and more skinship if its possible too. :lol: :wub:

@Nymeria289  The original was also very good but comparing the OTP's I like this couple better both KDH characters are not the same the first one she was more conservative and the new KDH has and upbeat and spunky personality.. She's more in tune with her students then the one in the original..

I so enjoy this KDH she gives LJI (Mr. Free Gift) a run for his money were as in the originial LJI was always leading KDH around I want to see if the roles reverse between KDH and LJI from the original, I would love it if this remake take on this approach.. 

13 minutes ago, hyall said:

Second episode was only half an hour long. So they are very short episodes. I don't recall how many episodes there will be in the end.

I think she stayed with the grandfather until he regained consciousness and also looked after him while he was there as she was his guardian. You can tell a lot about a person when they act kindly towards someone with no expectation of anything in return as she was of the impression he was not well off.

I loved her spunk but I loved that about the original character too. I love how she talks back and reasons with him. She really slams his ego and leaves it in shambles. He is a pain and deserves it.

The guy who acted as the cousin was a much more charming fellow. Well still time to see how this actor performs. So far the main leads have chemistry and they both act reasonably well.

@hyall  I like how they introduce her to G/pa in the originalo she meets him on the train here she found him past out on a trail so I'm enjoying the difference in begaining of the drama.. In the original G/pa didn't look well off one would think he just old run of the mill man that just retired and just enjoying the rest of his life.. 

I love how she gives it to him about the cfompany and money and really lay it on him when she makes those sarcastic remarks about his personality. But from episode 2 her rejection of him over and over again I see now he's showing interest in her he refuse to lose to her he's so surprise that a woman of her caliber would flat out refuse him..  

2 hours ago, hyall said:

I hope that they don't waste all that orange juice the original drama did. Every meet 2 full glasses of orange juice would lie between them and it remained untouched and someone would stalk off . It was a running gag in my opinion and I was not the only one who noticed it when I saw a youtube viewer say"all that wasted orange juice " lol.

Haha. Your comment was on-spot. Literally died from laughing while reading it. I cant even recall how many glasses of orange juice they had throughout the drama, yet none of them was finished. Oh yes, sometimes they would change to coffee but again, they never finished it lol

Archived