[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

@gladys57 Thanks so much for the update~ I just checked some Japanese news articles on it, and it does seem to be doing well. It seems like they started their own official Japanese twitter account: https://twitter.com/re_1percent_JP

I've been really busy with life outside of soompi recently. I actually just graduated from university with a BA in Japanese language last week lol. Now that it's summer, I'm relaxing a bit (finally after going through the hectic schedule I had the past few months haha). I think I might re-watch the drama again soon. ^^

@Ayame, CONGRATULATIONS!:blush:

Wow! So glad to hear that there is also a JP 1% of Something twitter account. :heart:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I'm currently rewatching this drama as I'm looking for some romcom fix hahhaa. I think I've read it here the interpretation on the rains in the drama. SOmething like they associated it with the progression of the couple? 

Hehehe! Found it. It's in Ep 8 Dramabean's recap. Hehe

The running motif with the rain is also an interesting reflection of the progress of their relationship. Just a few months ago, the two had shared an umbrella under a brief but heavy shower, and that’s probably when the first inklings of an actual romance was starting to develop between them. Fast-forward a few months later, and their romance isn’t just a brief shower anymore, but a heavy thunderstorm that continues nonstop.

-Dramabeans

@Joey_Zee...you are still lurking here?...seems you're not alone!...nice analysis! 

Thanks for sharing such! :heart: 

The running motif with the rain is also an interesting reflection of the progress of their relationship. Just a few months ago, the two had shared an umbrella under a brief but heavy shower, and that’s probably when the first inklings of an actual romance was starting to develop between them. Fast-forward a few months later, and their romance isn’t just a brief shower anymore, but a heavy thunderstorm that continues nonstop.

-Dramabeans

On 5/20/2017 at 7:50 PM, gladys57 said:

HSJ is almost a CF prince in Korea. We get to see him almost everyday on TV. Last year he did a Huai mobile CF wearing that infamous 1% of Something maroon suit with pokka dots shirt combo. There was one with Cha Seung Won and others.

Funny. I'm still here in Seoul and I see HSJ's ads when I ride the subway, at personal stores, TV. He's quite popular domestically but he's not a Hallyu one. But that's ok. CFs are where the money's at haha. B)

Seems I'm not the only one still rewatching. Tunnel ended and MSR is ending soon so I'm thinking of rewatching it again lol. I ought to move on by now, right? Anyway, sharing here some alt cuts from the Japanese Director's Cut DVD. They're quite sweet. :wub::wub::wub:

And also check out @somethingabout1p IG account. 

Screenshot_20170522-164835.jpg

Screenshot_20170522-164815.jpg

@jellybellymonster, which is why our HSJ is contented just doing CFs. I did mention during 1%:days that he's really popular in Korea because almost every Korean I know knows him. Now tyen you know that he can be seen everywhere.

I'm still rewatching different episodes now and then as I've my favourite episodes downloaded in my SD Card.:wub:

On 5/20/2017 at 6:50 PM, gladys57 said:

what's happened to HSJ 's personal Soompi thread?

Annyeong everyone! 

@gladys57  When I requested to re-open the thread, I did it because I felt that Ha Suk Jin should have at least a thread on soompi. I had been asking for fans willing to step up as threadkeeper because I knew I would not be able to do a good job. However to date, no one has done so. If anyone is willing, I will be the most happy. 

14 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Annyeong everyone! 

@gladys57  When I requested to re-open the thread, I did it because I felt that Ha Suk Jin should have at least a thread on soompi. I had been asking for fans willing to step up as threadkeeper because I knew I would not be able to do a good job. However to date, no one has done so. If anyone is willing, I will be the most happy. 

@mrdimples thanks for your reply. I'd love to take over but due to time constraint, I just CANT.

Moreover I'm also an IT idiot halmoni who cant share anything! :cold_sweat:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm very late to this party.  I just finished rewatching this show.  I think this may be my go to for a quick binge on a sweet rom com in between other rom coms.  I love everything about this show. Especially the ending - it has everything a gal could ask for :)  Here's to future binge watching!  Ching ching!!! 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, balletgoddess said:

Just started watching this (two years later :D), such a cute light hearted drama!!

I hope you enjoy it!

This drama is one of those series that I always looked forward to each and every episode considering I get tired of a drama easily.

• 4 months later...

I am 2 years slow...just finished watching this drama & love it to the max! Found it too short though, would have been nice if it was longer.

The chemistry between HSJ & JSM is superb! Something nice about this drama is that it concentrates on their relationship so we don't really have those unnecessary characters where you have to ""fast forward"" (hahaha). 

Plenty of tender moments too. I like how Jae In will just pull her in for a hug or for a kiss but at the same time he's gentle with her. Although this is a remake, but my personal opinion is that i like the remake better than the original. Jae In is handsome here. The scenes are cute especially i like how DaDa fell asleep at the Piano Recital .... 

40 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I am 2 years slow...just finished watching this drama & love it to the max! Found it too short though, would have been nice if it was longer.

The chemistry between HSJ & JSM is superb! Something nice about this drama is that it concentrates on their relationship so we don't really have those unnecessary characters where you have to ""fast forward"" (hahaha). 

Plenty of tender moments too. I like how Jae In will just pull her in for a hug or for a kiss but at the same time he's gentle with her. Although this is a remake, but my personal opinion is that i like the remake better than the original. Jae In is handsome here. The scenes are cute especially i like how DaDa fell asleep at the Piano Recital .... 

@budgerie welcome to THIS CLUB! You're never too late to comment here. Even my own daughter recently has become a huge fan of this drama and became so obsessed with it that she kept rewatching it a few times! :heart:

33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@gladys57 Thank you!  My only curiousity is whether they did it or not in episode 13? Because in episode 14 after they broke up, think i remembered a scene where DaDa said "she should have done everything with him" or something like that. 

Welcome.  Another big fan of this remake drama.  

No, they did not.  They will get married in ep.16 and will seal the deal after that.  OMG, watching it live when it aired was a torture.  Enjoy!!!!:love: 

• 4 weeks later...

@pad-hariThank you! Btw, anyone knows where can watch the japanese version? Seems that version has more "complete" kiss scenes :wub: example : the jungle gymn kiss, the birthday kiss, the kiss when DaDa was going to drive off (episode 16) for some bazaar, she had some "naughty" interaction with her husband...oh so sweet & lovey dovey! And also she did feed him ice cream in episode 11.....

4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

do they have a japanese version?  Did they remake after the 2003 old series?  when i browsed the net, i could not get any info on the japanese version.  

@pad-hari  As I remember they did makw a Japanese version of this one Yes the 2016 version is the remake 2003.. The 2016 version is more funnier then the old one.. Also I don't have a clue what site it's listed on

Archived