Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Next week! It's probably after jae in's birthday..

It looks like DaDa initiates the kiss :blush:

In the preview, Jae in hugs her, i was wondering if DD returns the hug. And she will! 

• Like 11

Anyone maybe can translate the long preview that posted before? They are just so sweet.

The story is simple, but its enough to make my heart flutter. I envy you, DaDa siii. I am dreaming to have boyfriend as honest as Jae In.

• Like 6

@rumasa79 Thanks for sharing~ That's right, they usually air the episodes on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday on Oksusu (with the episodes being 1 week ahead of the TV broadcast). I wish I could watch it on Oksusu, but too bad you can't download the app outside of Korea. ;_;

• Like 8

On 10/21/2016 at 2:39 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Poor Dahyun... Honestly if a guy doesn't show up within an hour it's best you moved on. I never understood in dramas how the female protagonist just waits and waits AND waits:crazy: Is that why Jaein despise flashy, sexy women? Because his ex-fiancé was such a person?:huh: But Hyunjin was right, Jaein IS very controlling, heck he should just pee round Dahyun to mark her as his - y'know the way dogs do to mark their territory:P That dress was hardly revealing goodness LoL, I've seen ones that would really cause him to go into panic attacks! Dahyun looks like she's fallin' for Jaein hard. Is it me or does Jaein's cousin look like he's interested in Dahyun too?? 

just thought jaein's cousin looked super confused. wonder if he thought she had something going on with jisu. maybe it runs in the family -- this lack of knowledge about friendships! hahahah.... and talking about the dress, I actually thought it was kind of boring -- the nude/beige colour kind of washed her out and the only thing interesting was back. if it was in some other colour, it would have really stood out.. but the whole waiting thing is supposed to show how much they are invested in the relationship I guess. but not all times... there was one drama that I watched where she waited forever for the first lead and a while later, she got engaged/married to the second. so the waiting had no relevance to her heart! hahahah...  but I wonder if his possessiveness is simply because he has got very few things that are truly his own. and as he learns to trust her, then he won't be as possessive because he is assured that she is his.

• Like 5

It is so cute..i finally watched it..

The lead female looks so much like jhan na ra from her smile, soft voice tone to all mannerisms..

Chemistry is super cute...

How many episodes are there in total? I thought it was supposed to be 8.. but at the end of 6 it doesn't look like that they can finish it off in 8

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Ayame said:

@enigmatic_zephy There's 16 episodes. (It was announced to be 8 back in June, but in September it was changed to 16 episodes.)

Damn!..

Shouldn't have watched it.. and would have waited..

( basically they have broken 1 hr 8 episodes into 30 min 16 eps)..

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGh.. why did i start this now!

• Like 7

I am glad more and more people are liking the show. Its such a fun watch and the length keeps you wanting more which is part of the charm. For a pre-produced show which was mostly under the radar, the production team did a good job with the overall delivery. 

Now, can anybody tell me how the show is fairing in its home turf, what is the rating and all??

• Like 4

Sharing the love!

Do watch, comment and like! Just 6 eps and preview of 7-8 and we get this much, it's so happy to imagine more of these!

tumblr_offqobrxDn1vi5rrgo1_500.jpg

• Like 7

Ha Suk Jin needs to lead more drama's, he is nailing the cold arrogant jerk male lead. I love him in this drama and Drinking Solo. He is also a very handsome guy, and definitly needs more recognition. Does he have a girlfriend :P ?

• Like 7

On 10/18/2016 at 1:35 AM, Nymeria289 said:

Dramabeans comment section is seriously damping my spirit with all the serious comments. This is a light breezy drama, why over-analyze it to death??

Aye yaya I try to stay away from the comments there but I had to peek but stopped when the term abusive/dominate was brought up. It's just a drama and these type of remarks are boarder line drama queenish.  People there can't help themselves to not just latch on to the negative and run w/it.;)

On 10/18/2016 at 11:28 AM, Lmangla said:

wish people would stop having so many hang ups over this wrist grab thing.  -- if they are showing it in so many dramas, then there must be a cultural interpretation and acceptance that obviously folks with some backgrounds are simply not going to get. remember discussing this in another thread and I realized that I have been wrist grabbed myself so many times which is why it never bothers me to see it in dramas. no, it isn't offensive in anyway because in asia, you don't want someone holding your hand unless you are actually a couple. so a wrist grab is actually a way of slightly moving someone without breaking into their physical space... and if you are helping elders out (getting them from the sofa, helping them up the stairs, crossing the signal, moving you from ongoing traffic), they will grab your wrist. .. just a few practical examples.

It has never bothered me and thank you I remember reading that post.  I'm from the United States and I think someone grabbing my hand is too intimate too. But I have to think this is another example for the would be critics to latch on to the negative and run w/it. It's sad people can't just sit back and be entertained.

Hello crazy-monkey-emoticon-076.gifI started watching this drama a few weeks ago after JSM hit HSK's character in DS over the head w/a lobster. They were so funny that I had to check this drama out. I'm loving it.

• Like 7

@Lmangla Dahyun's supposed sexy makeover looked like a cheap prom dress LoL #sorrynotsorry I mean what Hyunjin wore was more suggestive! I am still uncomfortable by Jaein's possessive behavior.. This would be a total red flag alert if it happens in real life. And perhaps it does 'cause frankly how else can you explain the success of 50 Shades Of Grey LMFAo!??! Women do love to be dominated & Jaein displays certain characteristics though not on Grey's level but yea still...

I think f/Jaein's cousin he's acting f/selfish reasons. By discovering his weakness (Dahyun) he could get a heads up w/Grandpa & win the race f/the heir to the business empire thingy!? 'Course in true drama fashion he'd fall f/Dahyun's charms as well hence the clichéd love triangle.

Really LoL!? 'Cause even in Chinese dramas, the girl waits from sun up to sun down! It's just ridiculous! 

• Like 5

I think I would like to clarify something about the wrist grabbing. By itself it is fine . I have no problem with someone grabbing my wrist to show me something but to drag somebody against their will by their wrist while they are resisting is wrong. It's okay in the context of this drama because people look upon it as cute but in the original drama he hurt her so bad she had bruises on her wrist that horrified her mother and father. The father even asked him "is this how you treat my daughter"'... damn right ! So you know it is one thing to pull someone by their wrist and draw their attention or steer them to a path but to do so against their will and actively resisting is a big no in my book.

Also Jae In in the original drama realised he had hurt her and apologised to the parents but when he met her privately he blamed her for his hard pull that caused bruises. I was shaking my head the whole time. I so enjoyed it when Da Da got him into trouble with the police because he kept treating her badly and she told the police she did not know him. I thought serve him right. I notice in this updated version he threatens her by saying he'd pick her up and carry her instead of just ignoring her wishes and dragging her or threatening to kiss her if she fell asleep, it was more effective instead of brute force. Nice modernisation of an old trope. Good job that the writers realised dragging her by force was not going to fly any more.

Of course it is cute when a drama lead grabs a girls wrist and many think it is the start of the male lead's interest in her and I agree I like it too but I draw the line at something that hurts and one that is done while the female lead is kicking and shouting trying to get away.

• Like 5

@evie7 I stay away now-a-days from there, I want to enjoy this drama, its a short, fun drama and I like the feeling each episode end leaves me with. Reading too much into it can kill the joy. Sometimes, things need to be taken lightly. Also, I think the cultural difference plays a part into the interpretation here. Again, I don't like him trying to control everything but that is in his character description. A control-freak won't change over night. 

And so far, each episode end had Jae-In and Da Hyun making progress one step at a time. Episode 6 actually shows how much Jae-In is changing. The guy who broke a 3 year old engagement over a prenup actively stayed and waited outside of Da-Hyun's house to explain himself. And he didn't have to considering he is a workaholic, Da Hyun was angry but her exact words can be summed up more or less like this, "I am trying to not get angry as our relationship came with an expiration date anyway". That's exactly what Jae-In was seeking so why should it matter to him if he didn't care. I don't think he has ever been in a relationship involving two way communication. I also liked what he said in the preview that he wants to have his own money and not just be a third generation conglomerate heir. I think he is exactly like his grandfather which is why he was so good at picking a girlfriend for his grandson. 

@hyall well, I agree that hurting somebody is not okay. I really hope the writers here won't go that far. There's a line and hurting by wrist-grabbing is it for me and absolutely wrong.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

And so far, each episode end had Jae-In and Da Hyun making progress one step at a time. Episode 6 actually shows how much Jae-In is changing. The guy who broke a 3 year old engagement over a prenup actively stayed and waited outside of Da-Hyun's house to explain himself. And he didn't have to considering he is a workaholic, Da Hyun was angry but her exact words can be summed up more or less like this, "I am trying to not get angry as our relationship came with an expiration date anyway". That's exactly what Jae-In was seeking so why should it matter to him if he didn't care. I don't think he has ever been in a relationship involving two way communication. I also liked what he said in the preview that he wants to have his own money and not just be a third generation conglomerate heir. I think he is exactly like his grandfather which is why he was so good at picking a girlfriend for his grandson. 

I loved that he missed her and wanted to see her too. I can see the progress from being too busy to make time for her also. What struck me was he waited to tell her why he stood her up. At first he didn't think it was necessary to explain himself. Dada should have just accepted the fact he was busy and not say a thing. He probably just had to show up in his other relationships, since his rich and handsome. Now with Dada he has to make an effort.  

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

just thought jaein's cousin looked super confused. wonder if he thought she had something going on with jisu. maybe it runs in the family -- this lack of knowledge about friendships! hahahah.... and talking about the dress, I actually thought it was kind of boring -- the nude/beige colour kind of washed her out and the only thing interesting was back. if it was in some other colour, it would have really stood out.. but the whole waiting thing is supposed to show how much they are invested in the relationship I guess. but not all times... there was one drama that I watched where she waited forever for the first lead and a while later, she got engaged/married to the second. so the waiting had no relevance to her heart! hahahah...  but I wonder if his possessiveness is simply because he has got very few things that are truly his own. and as he learns to trust her, then he won't be as possessive because he is assured that she is his.

@Lmangla   I think you might be right about the reason he is so possessive. Loook at how his grandfather used Da Da to get him back in the company but in actually he is just trying to get his grandson married. I think the grandfather is sick and want to to see both his grandson married.  Even now Jae In owns the Hotel and that is why he worked so hard so he finally have something that is his. All those late busy nights he chose work over loving his ex was so he can have his own company. He even hates sharing info with grandfather about his base of operations and he has red telephone

• Like 6

I think Dada is very good for JI because she's so fresh and real, something his Grandpa saw right away, as Dada reminds him of his own wife.  What Dada is intrinsically teaching JI is that relationships take time and work.....so he's clearly fallen for her, as he got the message, that he needs to make time for her if he wants her. YAy, Dada!!!!!

• Like 8

Oksusu's episodes are faster than the ones on Dramax. I guess we're gonna have sweetest moments of our OTP before the gloom hits them ?

• Like 11