[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong everyone :)

I have just finished Ep1 & 2 and I like this drama :wub: definitely. It's always enjoyable to watch how the bad boy managed to get tame by the nice girl. But of course it's also good to see how the nice girl starts to fall for the bad boy due to his hidden charms.

Wanted to continue to Ep3 but too bad, the sub doesn't sync properly with the video thus I can't continue. Any chingu here can recommend a good Eng sub site? Gomawo

@alekaonu I messaged you with a link. :)

--

And also, I like the episodes this week. I feel like I say that every week lol, but I honestly do. It's been quite a few years since I watched the original, so maybe I'll skim through it again later. (Just because I want to compare it more closely.)

Also this is the song that played at the end of Ep 6:

English Translation:

Why are you doing this to me?
Why is my heart like this?
I close my eyes, I shut my ears
But you keep coming into my eyes

Even when I’m quietly walking
When I’m tired and laying down at night
I keep thinking of you, I can’t sleep
You keep coming into my heart

Nothing is easy, nothing goes exactly as I want
Even if love is a common word
It’s a word I practiced every day
Words that only stayed in my mouth
I love you, those words are so hard

My face after not sleeping a wink
Even I think it looks pathetic
Words that are said all the time in dramas
Words that only I can’t say

I can’t even figure out my heart
So I can’t help it
I don’t want to regret alone

Words that are so hard to say, I love you

Why are you doing this to me?
Why is my heart like this?
I close my eyes, I shut my ears
But you keep coming into my eyes

Even when I’m quietly walking
When I’m tired and laying down at night
I keep thinking of you, I can’t sleep
You keep coming into my heart

My face after not sleeping a wink
Even I think it looks pathetic
Words that are said all the time in dramas
Words that only I can’t say

I can’t even figure out my heart
So I can’t help it
I don’t want to regret alone

Words that are so hard to say, I love you

https://popgasa.com/2015/09/23/sohyun-nothing-is-easy-쉬운-게-없구나-noble-my-love-ost/

I guess since this is such an abridged version of the story, the whole idea is for them to fall in love, with minimal shenanigans. It's obvious that they are both "there", but they both are either not aware of it, or just in denial? Whatever the case may be, this is the reason I watch these dramas......the journey of an OTP to becoming an OTP, that's where the fun is at! Really enjoying the chemistry and the bold skinship....HSJ is a really charming version of JI, I really like this version!

" fanning myself"

Wow. Forget about the original version. This is moving at the speed of light. There is no way I can wait patiently for next week.  Ep 7 and 8 previews were sizzlingly suggestive. I am stil trying to work out if they get together so fast where would the story go?

I am trying but can't recall the preview's last scene in the 2003 version. And now back to ep 3 of Drinking Solo.

I loved the original version and I am very familiar with HSJ's work so I was looking forward to this drama. Wasn't sure of what to expect from a remake because I figured it may even be pretty much almost the same as the original version except maybe a different feel from the new casts. 

Oh boy, it didn't disappointed. I really love how refreshing the remake is. It is sooo different yet still rather similar. I am totally enjoying the drama and the pace. I mean a cute peck after only 4 epsiodes? Awesome! Dada is a little different to the original dada, tihis one is more fiesty and its fine. I really love the developments. HSJ is effortless in all his mad, sulky and other annoying scenes. 

I am worried about the cousin in case they do not follow the original story. But lets see

Preview looks really promising, so I am soooo looking forward to their developments. 

@Ayame

Thank you for sharing the lyrics of Nothing Is Easy(ep 6) and pointing out that it is the OST of Noble My Love which is my alltime favourite webtoon drama. Looks like this drama will join it as my joint favourite now as from the look of it, the production company is making it into a webtoon drama with 15 min episodes on the other chanel.

Comparing the 2 leads, I thought CEO Lee Kang Hoon of Noble My Love was too overly possessive but  our Lee Jaein here is WORSE! But I'm not complaining as I'm LOVING him to bits as he has his CHARM in his own seductive way! 1st time watching Ha Suk Jin and I'm his instant fan just like when I watched the original drama and swooned over Kang Dong Won. Omo! They sure know how to choose the correct actor as our beloved JAE IN!:blush:

Despite excessive wrist grabbing, I still enjoy this version as much as the original. :heart:

6 hours ago, Ayame said:

Ep 7 & 8 (Ep 13-16 on Oksusu) Longer Preview

Thank you for posting this!

Aigoo..this drama is really torturing me with its short episodes.

Next week is gonna be full of sweet moments, 5 days seem so far awayyyyy :(((

If you notice the way Oksusu names the episodes in three gaps it adds to 32 so 16 episodes of about 35-40 minutes seem right and I for one am really happy .8 would have been to ridiculously short for me. I love the adaptation as they have modernized it and got rid of the draggy bits but the original had the second OTP which I loved and I am sad that's not here and not to forget the lawyer and the sister but still loving this breezy and fun drama a lot.

I love this drama because it has the elements I love about this trope. The borderline tush hero with the feisty heroine and the shenanigans of them falling in love. I love to watch the way they develop the relationship it is always the very best part of these types of dramas.

OK, so I asked God in media, the production company, they said total runtime is almost 640 minutes, the TV version is around 16×40 per episode while the web/mobile version is around 20×32. They said while editing each episode, they put greater emphasis on the ending so the length of each episode varies accordingly. 

I think that's enough confirmation, happy watching people. :)

14 hours ago, Ayame said:

Ep 7 & 8 (Ep 13-16 on Oksusu) Longer Preview

Thank you chingu!

Did she asked him to just get married?! OMG! And why is she staying at his home? Did something happened at her home or something? And I have some doubts with the cousin. Is he finally making a move on her?

And I still have things I want to know what will happen if she finds out about the ex-fiancee.

11 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone :)

I have just finished Ep1 & 2 and I like this drama :wub: definitely. It's always enjoyable to watch how the bad boy managed to get tame by the nice girl. But of course it's also good to see how the nice girl starts to fall for the bad boy due to his hidden charms.

Wanted to continue to Ep3 but too bad, the sub doesn't sync properly with the video thus I can't continue. Any chingu here can recommend a good Eng sub site? Gomawo

@alekaonu eonnie!!! Welcome to the thread. I hope you get to enjoy the drama like I did. I'm totally solved with this one and I can't wait for Wednesday and Thursday to come. I have found my oasis again.

I just enjoyed episode 5 and 6 to One Percent of Something. It would seem DaDa and Jae In are a match made in heaven. One is cold and the other is just clueless to romance. Da Da has already fallen for Jae In and will keep falling for her. Sun Woo Oppa does have feeling for her but I think Da Da just never really caught on Sun Woo actually liking her. smh smh smh  Jae In is so clueless that his ex gf had feeling for him but she just knew he wasn't in love with. She was so hurt by him when he "BLUNTLY POINTED OUT THAT HE DUMPED HER". Ha ha ha ha If she had signed the prenup I think they would have gotten married but Jae In would still be too busy and she would have been lonely and wanting his attention then she would cheat then divorce even though she only did it for attention he wasn't giving her. But Da Da would push him to change and spend more time with her. Da Da is so simple, not materialistic and has so much warmth Jae In desperately needs. His ex girlfriend is materialistic and not exactly warm. She would never be angry or show how she felt. Jae In needs some kind of emotional bond with his partner to shake him up or he will never change. 
Da Da showing up in that dress was the best thing she did to shake him up. He hated the other guys checking her out. He removed his blazer to cover her up. He really doesn't want to share her but I have faith Da Da will make him see he has nothing to fear. I wonder where that protectiveness comes from. Is it because his father has a mistress??!
I think even though he acts like his stepmom but he falls for a woman who is just like his birth mom. Someone plain, warm and affectionate. Someone who won't be afraid to speak their mind. It seems Jae In's grandfather and father all like the same type of woman. Lol LOL 

30 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I just enjoyed episode 5 and 6 to One Percent of Something. It would seem DaDa and Jae In are a match made in heaven. One is cold and the other is just clueless to romance. Da Da has already fallen for Jae In and will keep falling for her. Sun Woo Oppa does have feeling for her but I think Da Da just never really caught on Sun Woo actually liking her. smh smh smh  Jae In is so clueless that his ex gf had feeling for him but she just knew he wasn't in love with. She was so hurt by him when he "BLUNTLY POINTED OUT THAT HE DUMPED HER". Ha ha ha ha If she had signed the prenup I think they would have gotten married but Jae In would still be too busy and she would have been lonely and wanting his attention then she would cheat then divorce even though she only did it for attention he wasn't giving her. But Da Da would push him to change and spend more time with her. Da Da is so simple, not materialistic and has so much warmth Jae In desperately needs. His ex girlfriend is materialistic and not exactly warm. She would never be angry or show how she felt. Jae In needs some kind of emotional bond with his partner to shake him up or he will never change. 
Da Da showing up in that dress was the best thing she did to shake him up. He hated the other guys checking her out. He removed his blazer to cover her up. He really doesn't want to share her but I have faith Da Da will make him see he has nothing to fear. I wonder where that protectiveness comes from. Is it because his father has a mistress??!
I think even though he acts like his stepmom but he falls for a woman who is just like his birth mom. Someone plain, warm and affectionate. Someone who won't be afraid to speak their mind. It seems Jae In's grandfather and father all like the same type of woman. Lol LOL 

I don't know, but maybe because his parents left him behind with his grandfather and his "mother" (or is it his Aunt turn mother) remarried to Canada and he was always left behind. All the women in his life left him and he never really attatched himself to any. The Kang-guy said to his Grandfather, that he usually meets women a few times, sleeps with them and after that ends it ... like a hunt "Of to catch another v*gin*", he agreed to the match with that woman 3 years ago, as his Grandfather wanted it, but after she didn't want to sign the prenups he probably lost that bit trust in her he had. Still a potential woman to run with his money and crush his heart.
But DH is different, she rejects the money from the beginning, rejects the idea to marry him and actually loathes him to the point that she calls him free-gift and the last man she would marry to get to money. He is used to the idea of woman flocking around him to get close to his money, probably using every possible mean "You are the only man for me" "I love you" "I am pregnant", sexy clothes, cocky smilies, flashing skin .... but DH is not even doing that, she makes no effort to display her best features, more skin, beating eyes ... that's why his heart threatens to jump out of his chest when he sees her all dressed up and sparkling, his world takes a turn and her picture gets a tiny crack. Because she changes back without any argument and gives in his heartbeat is back to normal.
It's the old cliche ... "No woman ever treated hi like that before and that's why he falls in love"

It looked in the long preview like TH tries to come onto D, but he is just a beat to late ...

I almost DIED while watching Jae In's reaction at the sight of Da Da's photo wearing a sexy, tight fitting dress which her bestie had posted to him while he was busy at work. He certainly loves it, coming from someone who objects to her wearing revealing clothes. THAT LOOK WAS EPIC!!!:blush:

Oh, HA SUK JIN! What have you done to me??? :wub:

Archived