[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Go Seung Ji

I started watching this drama just last week and I'm totally in love with it. Finally! A drama I could watch but it's making me cry for having only 30 minutes per episode and only two episodes a week!

I didn't watch the original one so I'm not really familiar with the story but I love this one.

The two leads are soooo cute together. This is one drama that I don't mind re-watching while waiting for the new episodes to come out. And I like the personality of the female main lead. I hope it continues to be like that.

That umbrella scene in episode 4 is sooooo cute and sweet.

Lee Jae In is warming up to Kim Dada (oh how I love how he saved her number with her nickname :wub:) and falling so fast. He just doesn't realize it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another difference in the remake as compared to the original: Jae In was NOT a player, didn't seem as though he was interested in any woman or dated until he met Dada. He was totally into being a self made man rather than riding on Grandpa's coat tails. That's why he didn't like it when she had supposed liaisons with other men, even if their relationship wasn't "real", he insisted they both commit to each other for the duration of their contract.

On 13/10/2016 at 10:25 PM, Ayame said:

@itzibitzispider Yeah, you got one of the songs right. ^^ I just checked the songs are:

- Na Yoon Kwon - 멈칫하던 순간 (The Moment of Hesitation) [at 1:36 mark of 6-minute trailer]

- Na Yoon Kwon - 아름다워 (Beautiful) [at 3:11 mark of 6-minute trailer]

- Na Yoon Kwon - My Girl [at 3:58 mark of 6-minute trailer]

- Sung Si Kyung - 외워 두세요 (Please Remember) [at 4:20 mark of 6-minute trailer]

- Sung Si Kyung - 팝콘 (Popcorn) [Ep 3, at 4:40 mark]

- Sung Si Kyung - Kiss할까요 (Shall We Kiss) [at the end of Ep 3]

- Na Yoon Kwon - 364일의 꿈 (364 Days Of Dream) [at the end of Ep 4]

Many thanks @Ayame for the songs. You're awesome. I will look for the lyrics.

7 hours ago, auntyem said:

Another difference in the remake as compared to the original: Jae In was NOT a player, didn't seem as though he was interested in any woman or dated until he met Dada. He was totally into being a self made man rather than riding on Grandpa's coat tails. That's why he didn't like it when she had supposed liaisons with other men, even if their relationship wasn't "real", he insisted they both commit to each other for the duration of their contract.

Since I cannot tell the the difference since I didn't watch the original, I could just praise his character here since he's just loveable and all. He may be a jerk but well he knows it and he doesn't give a damn.

Just like someone pointed out here, I like how he looks after her like taking her phone with him and all since he knows she forgets it most of the time. And that time when they were talking and she was drinking coffee and he wipes the foam off her mouth. He's such a sweet guy in his own way.

18 hours ago, hyall said:

@valsava I think they gave him an added layer of complication to explain his rather cold ,hostile manner and inability to connect with people. If you remember in the original drama his mum was a warm and wonderful person and so was his sister both balanced individuals but he was this abnormally repugnant boor. There seemed to be some explanation about his anger that his father died when he was young and left his mother to cope alone in a hostile situation having been taken by the grandfather. There was some estrangement between his father and his grandfather because he opposed the marriage and his mother was never really comfortable or happy with the grandfather. I mean this is what I recall and I could be mixing up dramas which I hope not. I think they decided to make this Jae In have a more compelling reason to be the way he is.

Although to be honest the original Jae In was way more aggressive and actually dragged her around far more and even hurt her. After he bruised her even in his apology he tried to blame her for having been with the teacher when she knew he would get angry (charming fellow). Well there is still time for this Jae In to do the same but I think this updated modernized 2.2 version of Jae In is current with the times. I do not think viewers these days enjoy that type of character and his rough handling of Dada like she's a piece of luggage.

@hyall  No you got the right drama but over a period of time G/Pa understood where is son was coming from and knew that his son married the right wife it was more of JI Aunt that gave his mom a hard time.. But in the 2.2 version LJI have dated and slept with other women but in the original it seems he had never dated or had a girlfriend before certainly never had slept with a women so I had thought.. So yes your observation on the 2.2 LJI is correct he is a layered character the original wasn't dating her because he never lost to a women or anyone like this one.. He's very shrewed but our wily fox does tame him and love how anytime each one score one over the other that chicken sound comes out.. I crack up even harder.. Just love this version.. So I think he falls for her thinking he could get the best of her but they both will take that contract and turn it into a seriopus relationship..

14 hours ago, rumasa79 said:

Yeah..the new version does more exploration on Jae In's character. If i'm not mistaken, in this version his mum is actually not biologically related? His aunt and grandpa say the same thing. I hope future episodes will clarify more. I guess if Jae In isn't explained to be having past psychological wounds, present viewers will have a hard time accepting his initial as*y behaviors toward DaDa.

@rumasa79  I'm with you on this I also want to know more about what happen to his mom and could it be his so called Aunt and cousin living in Canada is really his real mom and sisyer..If so did mom remarry or what do LJI and the so called cousin in Canada is really biological brother and sister or is she his half sister.. I'm wondering if they rook LJI in because he's the first male child of G/Pa linege..

@thereroos & @Oly40 Thanks for the gifts,, I"m with you when it comes to that hot lawyer I know they not goingf to leave him single..  

@valsava I am interested in the back story as well. I think the mother remarried and he had to stay with his family as he is the only son of the son of the household. Tae Ha's mother and his aunt who raised him are both are the daughters of the household if I am right. Also, there's a certain amount of childish side in him that only comes out around Da Hyun, its because I think he knows his usual rude, haughty demeanor won't even make her bat an eyelash. On the contrary, he might get kicked again. I liked how he kept playing those emoji's again and again saying nobody ever send him those things. He clearly likes her, lets see how long he will deny the obvious.

So, you like the lawyer, here's another gift,

and this,

5 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am interested in the back story as well. I think the mother remarried and he had to stay with his family as he is the only son of the son of the household. Tae Ha's mother and his aunt who raised him are both are the daughters of the household if I am right. Also, there's a certain amount of childish side in him that only comes out around Da Hyun, its because I think he knows his usual rude, haughty demeanor won't even make her bat an eyelash. On the contrary, he might get kicked again. I liked how he kept playing those emoji's again and again saying nobody ever send him those things. He clearly likes her, lets see how long he will deny the obvious.

So, you like the lawyer, here's another gift,

Ok @Nymeria289  Yes That Lawyer is suave and handsomne to me,

But I thought the one he meet in the resturant was his stepmpther being that she was the only one at the fruneral.. Yes but Dada do bring out that childish side in him but I'm also looking forward to the jealous side of him comes flying out when gods knows what will come flying out of his mouth.. LOL  I hope she'll be giving him a lot of chicken kicks  LOL

I have a question in the 4th episode (?) when they showed some part of Lee Jae In's past. During the funeral, was that lady crying his mom or aunt? I'm really bad at recognizing faces (it took me time to recognize the grandfather as well).

What I mean is the one crying is mom or aunt whom they were saying not related to him by blood.

4 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

I have a question in the 4th episode (?) when they showed some part of Lee Jae In's past. During the funeral, was that lady crying his mom or aunt? I'm really bad at recognizing faces (it took me time to recognize the grandfather as well).

What I mean is the one crying is mom or aunt whom they were saying not related to him by blood.

Is she his stepmom? In the scene where she, the aunt and grandpa together, aunt reminds her that Jae In doesn't have any blood relation with her. Could it be that Jae In's dad remarried her? But because she lost her son, she already loved JI like her own. 

Hi to all here :)

Only 4 eps to go? :(...i did see original but it was to long if you ask me....and this version will be to short...i like this one more

I watched all 4 eps day before yesterday and now i wish for more...OTP is great...can't wait for more of their dates :D

If i remember right in first version her family were against their marriage or did i mixed up with another drama? ...and that lawyer was crush of her sister...

P.S. DramaX broadcast network? Never heard before...is it possible to watch live?

@zagigirl @raewonkim No, it is 16 episodes. I mentioned this on the previous page, but I'll post it again here: 

In this Korean article here (from back in September) it says that it will be 16 episodes (about 40 minutes each) on Dramax, and 32 episodes (about 20 minutes each) on Oksusu, so I'm going to assume that's what we're getting. (It's mentioned in the 3rd paragraph, 3rd sentence of the article.) Article: http://www.tvj.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=35731

So technically, we have 12 more episodes to go, which I'm happy about. ^^

7 hours ago, Ayame said:

@zagigirl @raewonkim No, it is 16 episodes. I mentioned this on the previous page, but I'll post it again here: 

Thank you for this confirmation. I was ready to cry if this drama ends up only with 8 episodes.

This is one of the two drama that made me watch Korean drama again after how many attempts in getting back to dramaland (The other is Go Ho's Starry Night).

I'm getting excited for Wednesday. I want more of this drama.

Archived