YeonSang Couple (Shin Hye Sun 신혜선 ❤️ Sung Hoon 성훈)

kdramamich

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--------------------
http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201607120100082500005958&ServiceDate=20160711
--------------------

Even in a romance scenario as 'plugged up' as though you've just swallowed a sweet potato, Actor SungHoon is shining brightly.

[Translator note: "답답한" refers to a frustrating, 'plugged up', 'heart-burn'-like feeling one gets when you swallow whole a hard-boiled egg or a sweet potato (the popular korean 고구마) and you desperately need some water to flush it down while choking. For translation purposes we will use the phrase 'plugged up' or 'sweet-potato' depending on context.]

KBS2 weekend drama "Five Children" - (Screenplay: Jung HyunJung, Jung HaNa, Producer: Kim JungGyu)'s SungHoon (Kim SangMin role) and Shin HyeSun (Lee YeonTae role) - the couple that had sent our hearts aflutter in our home theaters has now turned into the top 'sweet-potato' couple. YeonTae, who had finally begun to open her heart to SangMin's unrelenting love, has bid goodbye to SangMin after finding out that SangMin is the older brother to her 7-year one-sided crush.

Nevertheless SangMin is clinging onto YeonTae to the end. He was heart-broken at the sudden turn of events, even having to rely on a stay at the emergency room, and all day long not knowing what to do while only staring at his phone. Seeing the sweet pumpkin (dish) at the meal table, he could only envision YeonTae and could not eat, either. Even in the midst of the difficult situation, in an effort to woo her back he goes to her house to spill his guts to her, but she was still cold. Yelling at her asking why her 7-year crush was a big deal he pleads with his tears, but to this also she still would not listen.

Even in the totally frustrating scenario, SungHoon is able to paint a vivid portrait of a love-forsaken man's trials, thereby gaining sympathies of male viewers. Beyond portrayal of the process of a 'rough and tough' superstar falling in love with YeonTae, after falling for her, his rushing in headlong to YeonTae with such child-like purity and display of gazes 'dripping with honey' made the female viewers swoon. Although faced with the break-up, rather than focus on his own pains, his worries and heart-sickness over YeonTae's hurting heart - this fond, lovable acting is what makes us wait and continue to watch this 'sweet-potato' romance.  [애틋is part of the title of another current drama 'Uncontrollably Fond']

When shall we see this 'caring man' again leap and fly as the 'lover-man' we all once loved? Viewers are counting the days for SangMin-YeonTae couple's recovery of their relationship and soon return as the 'top lovers' couple of "Five Children".

gina1004@sportschosun.com
--------------------

Did you read the news on the drama thread? KBS is treating the crew to a trip to Cebu after the drama ends.. So, SHSHS will be spending some vacation time together? How about some pool time in the resort? SH is such a good swimmer.. How about showing off his skills to SHS? Oh no.. My thoughts are all over the place now.. :w00t:

@kdramamich Chincha!!! This SH/SHS vacationing together scenario is making my thoughts run wild!!! I am now having daydreams that rival those of both YT and SM :phew: 

BTW, has anyone here seen Sunghoon finswim on Cool Kiz? Even the commentator called his swimming style "sexy". This man goes beast mode in the pool, so good luck to SHS trying to resist his charms ;) <3 <3 <3

55 minutes ago, kdramamich said:

Let's count the names for our OTP:

1. YeonSang Couple

2. The golfer couple

3. The socks couple

4. The hand lotion couple

5. The sweet potato couple

6. I just made this up: SHSHS (even their names matched each other!)

7. Ladies first: SHSSH (as in whisper)

8. The bowling couple

I watched SH on Cool Kiz and damn was he hot!! And ya, I think our Hand Lotion Couple would probably be applying Sun Tan Lotion while holidaying in Cebu. Hahahahaha :phew::w00t::D

Gotta love the production crew for giving them the vacation. Really hope that SH and SHS can make it as they would probably be busy filming their respective movies. Let's wait and see :wub:

12 hours ago, kdramamich said:

Let's count the names for our OTP:

1. YeonSang Couple

2. The golfer couple

3. The socks couple

4. The hand lotion couple

5. The sweet potato couple

6. I just made this up: SHSHS (even their names matched each other!)

11 hours ago, meechuttso said:

7. Ladies first: SHSSH (as in whisper)

8. The bowling couple

If I may offer my opinion

YeonSang is good, that's what k-netizen called them right? 

SHSHS is a little bit confusing for me, although combining their name together looks good too

sweet potato couple -> i think it's used for yonghwa-seohyun couple when they did wgm? o.o

golfer couple, bowling couple -> we haven't yet seen Yeontae to play golf with Sangmin and while they did play bowling together and quite good, I don't really see their chemistry when they're bowling together (the scenes were cute, their reunion after Sangmin finished hiding also nice

socks couple -> uh, not really suitable imo, although whether they deliberately wore it together or not when they shot HT3 is still a mystery :phew:

hand lotion couple -> this is nice too. If this scene not only an imagination of Yeontae I would vote for this too

another suggestion from me is balloon couple.. Sangmin helped Yeontae to forget about her crush and release a balloon. When Sangmin got rejected for the 1st time from Yeontae, he sought comfort with another balloon (which was not successful). Sangmin proposed with tens or more balloons and from the latest preview, we found another scene with balloon on mapo bridge.. maybe with balloon, they will reunite once more and forever (till the end of series and maybe in real life too (?)) :wub:

My babies :wub::wub::wub:

Can't wait for this weekend's episodes!

After watching Ep 42, I am certain that our YT really loves SM but it is that conflicting emotion of being uncomfortable with both brothers in any interactions she might have with either one or both of them.

The moment where she sat down by the door and started crying, my heart aches for her. SM has been kind and forgiving towards her. And yes, I agree that she should finally have that wake-up call and fight for her love.

So much feels right now... Uri YeonSang Couple 화이팅!!! :blush::blush::blush:

OMG @Liza Hassan that Instagram photo of uri Hand Cream Couple is everything! Thank you for posting!!! Just seeing the two of them together, in such close proximity to a bed, is making me giddy and I'm feeling all of the feels :wub:

I am sooo ready for Saturday to roll around, so that these two can hurry up and reconcile already! I am also convinced that Yeon Tae genuinely loves Sang Min, but that she just does not have the relationship/life experience to manage the discomfort that has come along with their uniquely complicated situation. She also does not have the personality to express her feelings as freely as the uber bold Sang Min. She is definitely starting to crack though and I can sense that she is going to grab ahold of Sang Min and never let him go this time!!! I also loved the photo on the Five Children thread of Ho Tae carrying Sang Min on his back, with the whole Lee family following close behind. It is a great sign that Yeon Tae's family is showering Sang Min with care and affection; they are team Sang Min and I'm loving it <3 <3 <3

That seems to be copied from here:

--------------------
http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/413850
--------------------

Actor SungHoon "I'm a failure at love / dating, from an all-boys middle, high school and sports college, I found dating very difficult."

*** Is it because he's receiving so much love? From his gaze to his skin, he glows all over. ***

Right now (Actor) SungHoon is having the busiest and the funnest each day of his acting career (since his 2011 debut). Starring in KBS2 weekend drama "Five Children" (national viewership exceeding 30%) is what has brought about the transformation. Together with actress Shin HyeSun (Lee YeonTae role) as the "YeonSang couple" (YeonTae-SangMin couple) portraying a romance making our hearts flutter, his popularity has skyrocketed. In articles about him, seeing comments like "SungHoon #?*!!?$?", "Exploding with too much awesomeness", "Tasty acting" has him amazed also. We meet this SungHoon, still the same good guy today as he was when he started out. [Translator note: '연상 커플' YeonSang couple also has the meaning of the increasingly popular older woman-younger man couple - October-May vs the May-October.]

*** Like a player? "Perhaps also because of love..." ***

Perhaps their acting was too real(istic). 'Sunflower love' that ripened to fruition as the 'YeonSang couple', overflowing with love that is indeed hot. "Five Children" has been getting request for this couple's (screentime) portion to increase. "Even couple of months ago, when I saw such sentiments I was so happy. But since getting those comments every week, it's a bit, how should I say, embarrassing? Feels like I might be stepping on toes of more senior actors and other colleagues and inconveniencing them, so lately I do feel that it might be good if we cut back a bit."

The 'YeonSang couple' that had been enjoying such sweet romance has now been suffering a trial. SungHoon's role SangMin is the older brother to TaeMin (Ahn WooYun), who was YeonTae's 7-year crush, the fact of which, after finding out, has caused YeonTae to choose to part with him. Watching YeonTae's attitude in these moment has left many a viewers frustrated with a heart-burn as though they just swallowed a whole korean yam (sweet potato). "For me also. After YeonTae's request to break up, when I watch SangMin's behavior, I wanted to say to myself (SangMin), 'why go to this length, punk'. Although I wouldn't have any bright ideas if I had been in that situation either, but from a third party's perspective, you don't know (could be different). In a situation like this, rather isn't there a need to let her go a little to see if she might get drawn back on her own?"

Regarding SangMin's love life he has much to say, but about his own, (SungHoon) says he's the type not so good at love. "In reality, I'm a 'lover-fail'. Even if there was a woman I liked, I couldn't initiate first, and I act shy. Being from all boys' middle and high schools, and even sports college, I grew up in an environment where we didn't know anything about women (girls). At the age of 21, I met my first crush and while dating her for 3 years I think I learned about love. When it comes to acting in romantic roles, no matter how one might try to imagine it, there's nothing like real life experience."

As he (SangMin role) has grown in love with the slow-witted and cluelessly-innocent YeonTae, he says he hears much demand for him to "date her in real life" also. How similar is YeonTae to SungHoon's actual 'ideal type'? "I like a woman who's cute, but if a friend like YeonTae actually existed, depending on how she does herself up, she can easily be plenty sexy, I think. Cute and sexy at the same time, it's truly difficult, you know. When dating I really like to be the one taking care of / providing for her. But instead she's the the type to say, 'I'll be the one taking care of you, you just love me back', so I can feel a bit sad about that also."

*** Gotten even better looking? "Secret to taking care of your body learned from So JiSub" ***

SungHoon, who was a competitive swimmer at 184cm height and big boned also, maintaining good physique is life. If around the time of his debut he seemed like an action movie actor type, now he can even seem skinny with nearly 0% fat on him. "Because I'm larger I have a compulsion not to let myself get fat." "While doing KBS2 'Oh My Venus' I got slightly chubbier, but working out more I'm controlling my weight again. What I learned from So JiSub at the time is that even with his schedule so busy, he would sleep an hour less and work out, he told me. I felt I really needed to learn this. There's a 24hr fitness place nearby, so I do at least 1hr of work out each day."

Although he has a long habit of working out, he still finds it difficult, he said. "If I just work out it's tough physically, but I could eat and rest well. But in acting I can't do that. Either not eat at all, or if you eat, have to work out. My manager helps me out so even if I have to work out while dozing off I could do it, but otherwise, no way."

He also mentioned a bit about maintaining facial health. "I have thick lines on my face, but after receiving facial treatment I hear alot from others that the lines have become softer. Since everyone's response is good, the 'doctor' is also doing it with even more effort. 'I will make you totally awesome', he says. Enduring the pain of it has paid off, ha ha."

*** Immature? "We hope you stay untainted forever." ***

In association with Lee MinHo's SBS drama 'Faith(2012)', SungHoon's name was introduced to the Chinese market and then through Chinese drama 'Body Guard(2013)' he became popular as a Hallyu star. Early last month through premier Chinese music site Kugou.com's chatting site, he gained fans DJ-ing a live broadcast also. Later this month, along with actors Lee JungJin, Yang DongGun, Chinese actor ImDalHwa (Simon Yam?), he will begin shooting the movie 'Come Back to BuSan Harbor'. Isn't he a bit scared of the kind of walking-on-air popularity even while not doing anything in particular? "Apart from whether I'm popular or not, I think there was always bit of a fear on my part. Will I overcome that and do my part, or will I be paralyzed by that fear, is the question. Even the top actors in South Korea must have those kinds of fears, so I, who am a newbie and haven't established my name fully yet, of course it's even more scary. But I've got to enjoy it. There's no other way."

If you were to look at the 24-hour day and compare it to the length of your acting career, at about what hour are you currently, he was asked. "3AM", he replied. "From 11pm until the sun comes up, at about 3AM the air smells different and it feels calm. I really love that feel. The hour when it's neither the start nor the end, when you become quite emotionally sensitive and your thoughts become clear, shall I say? Movies, also, I like night scene movies. When the movie's over and I walk out, because that air feels so good. If after the movie I were to walk out into a daylight, then all the emotions I felt in there would be gone. That hour is just for myself (strictly my own), a real special hour."

The person SungHoon sees of himself is one "who hasn't grown up yet" [untainted]. He states that he hopes to always remain this way. "I try hard to not change. My current state of mind, being humble, and considerate, I would always like to maintain that no matter where I go. As I live life I don't know what I might come across or how I might change, but I plan to make an effort to guard myself. The nature of acting profession requires maintaining one's self like a blank canvas in order for the transformation to be possible always, no?

gag11@sportsseoul.com

Explains the double meaning of the YeonSang couple name also. A great article and a must read for all who dwell here.

Yasss @Liza Hassan, I couldn't agree more! Sang Min may be the one taking the lead in the show, but looks like Shin Hye Sun needs to take the reigns on this relationship in reality ^_^ Common though Sung Hoon, she did not drop enough hints at HT3??? Haha! She went as far as saying that she was "disappointed that he did not have feelings for her". 

BTW, how handsome is he looking during that interview? :wub: I feel like Sung Hoon is the younger, up and coming version of So Ji Sub: both ridiculously manly and handsome, both have deep shmexy voices, both used to swim competitively, both act brilliantly and both seem shy when it comes to the ladies (which is too ridiculous and oh so endearing)! 

an excerpt from an interview with Ahn WooYeon, the actor who plays TM, on the atmosphere between our YeonSang couple after their HT3 guesting. 

another pic, this time just a screen grab froms scenes/preview. they look so sad though, and it really looks like SM lost quite a few pounds! :(

credits IG: @sangminyeontae

"She is always cute

"Yeontae is ideal woman for me . I like Hye Sun

"I like cute woman

" She has no weakness (hye sun)

He already gave u  hints la SHS.  Better than that he look like won bin ma . What are you waiting for?  Still play hard to get? Aiyo ppali pali make the move la.  Sang Min will wait.  Sung Hoon will not wait for u. 

Sorry for my bad english.  

P/S : stepping stone couple? Book store couple? Cleaner couple? :P

About 'YeonSang' couple, I was totally confused when I saw screen caps for HT3 before the episode came out cause I was like ??? Hyesun is older than Sunghoon?? Turns out she's not and YeonSang is just from their character names. Not sure if that means it's possible for the double meaning.

and ooh so Sangmin /is/ going down the memory lane and prolly ending at the roadside store drunk before the family gets nudged by the store owner to pick him up? 

Cant wait for the 'bed scene' ROFL though, and drama sets always surprise me because Yeontae's room looks so comfy and here you see it's open to open air :o

Archived