[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Remembering Li Chuan 遇见王沥川

sugarplum892

• 3 weeks later...

Li Chuan version between the book and the drama gave off a total different feels. Li Chuan in the book was tough, selfish and cold. He'll just reject Xiaoqiu just like that and his disappearance was truly felt and left Xiaoqiu alone and in despair, which I truly feel for her. Her degradation over the years, consuming in alcohol & smoking, damaging herself only to see him again, was truly one heartfelt scene as I read the book.

But the drama gave off these vibes about Li Chuan. His expressions gave him off. He's not as cold & as strong as the book version but this version felt so warm & relatable and I truly felt for him instead because Xiaoqiu's drama version came out as more annoying than someone who truly despair and desolated.

Godfrey is Li Chuan. I can't really imagine any other actors playing this role. Even when i seen the trailer few years back, as I was reading the novel, imagining him as Li Chuan was not difficult at all.

• 11 months later...

Hello Everyone! Have you watched the sequel of " Remembering Li Chuan" in chinese is called 再见王沥川。Ok, it's a total different actor/actress & the feel just isn't correct anymore. Wonder why even bother filming a sequel if the leads aren't Godfrey/JY. The most put off is the one who acts as Li Chuan. Is like .....argh! 

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hello Everyone! Have you watched the sequel of " Remembering Li Chuan" in chinese is called 再见王沥川。Ok, it's a total different actor/actress & the feel just isn't correct anymore. Wonder why even bother filming a sequel if the leads aren't Godfrey/JY. The most put off is the one who acts as Li Chuan. Is like .....argh! 

Really!!!  I have been waiting for the sequel. I love Wang Lichuan i love Xiao qiu. Will just check it out to see how bad lol... Tqvm!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cheerieK said:

Its heart wrenching to read the posts on weibo. :dissapointed_relieved:

When I watched the part where he was brought to the parlour, it got me real upset. The tabloids are really insensitive and ask stupid question, like his memorial photo looked very nice, how was it chosen. The reporter asked Godfrey's father. Isn't this insensitive? His parents are in so much grief. As leave them alone. 

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Media really need to be re-educated....

Hi @angelangie@cheerieK@caranita

What a way for us to re-connect in this thread via this kind of event. Can only wish Godfrey "rest in peace".

You're right @angelangiethe media really needs to be re-educated. For the sake of news, they're stooping so low. If you have watched the snippets, you'll get upset as well when the family was bringing his body into the parlour. Can't even let the family walk. The cameras are like literally shoving into their faces.

And asking Godfrey father if he felt "relieved" that his son's body is back in Taiwan?? Huh? What do you expect his father to reply?

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

sigh.....i stop myself from watching it as it will cause me heartache......knowing someone so young passed away too soon....

did u know that there is a custom in Taiwan that if a son / child passed away before the parents, they have this custom that the parent can choose to cane the coffin as in a sense of disobedient.... im not sure if this is only for child that passed away by suicide or it is across the board.

What do you mean by cane the coffin?

I watched some of his work, and he is a brilliant actor; and so handsome!!!

So unfortunate and sad that he is no longer here :(. I feel sorry and sad for his parents, his loved ones. RIP.

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

did u know that there is a custom in Taiwan that if a son / child passed away before the parents, they have this custom that the parent can choose to cane the coffin as in a sense of disobedient.... im not sure if this is only for child that passed away by suicide or it is across the board.

Yes I know about it. Have watched it in a taiwan documentary before. But GG and his parents live in Canada, I don't think they will follow these (traditional) customs. His parents have opted for the Buddhist rites for him. 

19 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

What do you mean by cane the coffin?

I watched some of his work, and he is a brilliant actor; and so handsome!!!

So unfortunate and sad that he is no longer here :(. I feel sorry and sad for his parents, his loved ones. RIP.

In traditional chinese customs (no longer in practice now I think), if the deceased died before his parents/grandparents, is considered "disobedient". It is said that white hair (referring to his parents/grandparents) should not send away (funeral) the black hair (the deceased who is younger than their parents/grandparents). Hence, the parents/grandparents have the "right" to cane the coffin. I watched it in a documentary before long ago.

But with us in the current century, I believe it is no longer in practice unless maybe the rural areas or countryside might still follow the tradition and I'm sure GG parents who live in Canada, aren't following such tradition anymore.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2016 at 1:03 AM, angskeet said:

I can't believe that after many years, the drama is finally out!!!  I really hope there are some wonderful people out there who can English sub this drama. 

On 8/18/2016 at 1:40 PM, vivovivo said:

Finally, after my long waiting,... Godfrey gao... If anyone have english subtitle... please share the link here... ^^

On 8/30/2016 at 1:41 PM, 0ly40 said:

Where can I watch this series with subtitles? Please

On 2/3/2017 at 11:35 AM, hppatronus said:

any site in which i can watch this drama with eng sub?

On 10/10/2017 at 11:47 AM, vbijwe said:

I want English subtitles please

On 11/19/2019 at 10:54 AM, Kurniawaty said:

Please help me engsub Remembering Lichuan

Good News! This drama is currently being subbed in English at Top Chinese TV Series YouTube Channel. It looks like they are a spinoff of MZTV so I believe they are an official site. So far they have subbed up to Ep. 27 and are adding new episodes each week.
Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMR5qLmbPu-lROVwSvaM9l-KZdMQGDVRK
Link to Top Chinese TV Series YouTube Channel Mainpage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgoxtY3gA3ryLANKkbvKwlw

I am very happy that this drama is being subbed in english and that many more people will be able to watch and understand this drama and appreciate Godfrey Gao's  amazing performance here, especially since his tragic death means we need to treasure the work he left behind all the more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived