[Chinese Webmovie 2016] Uncontrolled Love 不可抗力

IMOmusings

006jQOK5jw1f3lu28s2yxj31jk208qv8.jpg

As there are no 'Official' videos for this, unfortunately there will be no links.
If you would like to watch this movie duo, please search YT using the Chinese title.
The movies come with Eng subs direct from the production company.

SYNOPSIS

A web drama adapted from a novel of the same name authored by Lan Lin. The novel is also known by another name Force Majeure.

Shu Nian, who stays in an orphanage, has wanted to be like a princess since childhood—to have a prince come to his rescue. In the end it wasn't a prince who came for him, but rather a hot-tempered “master” called Xie Yan…

Xie Yan, convinced that he doesn't like men, can’t tolerate the advances of the man beside him. Hence he just wants Shu Nian out of his sight. But he never thought that by sending Shu Nian away, he would also be sending away the very person that can cool his hot temper—his “stabilizer…”

One wants to love him and one doesn't want him to love. This “love” between two men; will they be able to find equal footing one day?

- Credit to dairytea & 小鱼 at Chinese BL Translations

MAIN CAST

Wang Bowen as Shu Nian

006jQOK5jw1f2tyeeq7qoj31c50w3ajn.jpg

Meng Rui as Xie Yan

006jQOK5jw1f2tyecf467j31c50w3qck.jpg

WUDONG interviews  -  Masterlist (official order)
Courtesy @Ayachou

xJD8T5Pu.png

Spoiler

Wudong 1 (ENG)

Wudong 2 (ENG, incomplete)

Wudong 3 (ENG)

Wudong 4 (unsubbed)

Wudong 5 (unsubbed)

Wudong 6 (unsubbed)

Wudong 7 (ENG)

Wudong 8 (ENG)

Wudong 9 (ENG)

Wudong 10 (ENG)

Wudong 11 (ENG)

Wudong 12 (ENG)

Wudong 13 (ENG, uploader mistitled the video it is wudong 13!)

Wudong 14 (ENG)

Wudong 15 (ENG)

Wudong 16 (ENG)

Wudong 17 (ENG)

Wudong 18 (unsubbed)

Wudong 19 (ENG)

for all links:

• Videos are complete if not indicated otherwise
  • (ENG) means they have english subs (please turn on CC button on youtube video)
  • don't forget to like & comment the video on yt :)
  • HERE is a list with links to wudong with korean, thai and vietnamese subtitles. Enjoy, like & comment!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@IMOmusings I would love to read the novel but can't seem to find an English translation, I've read what's been translated of the novel that comes after - Love Late. Pretty great. 

The first part is out! With engsub! Now I just need to know when the rest is released! 

OMG this movie was the cutest thing ever!!! I can't!!! The ending was perfect. My heart goes out to Xie Yan and Shu Nian. The scene where Xie Yan finally comes face to face with his feeling for Nian...my heart broke. I cried so bad and laughed at the same time. I anticipating the second part. Loved this one!!

2 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

OMG this movie was the cutest thing ever!!! I can't!!! The ending was perfect. My heart goes out to Xie Yan and Shu Nian. The scene where Xie Yan finally comes face to face with his feeling for Nian...my heart broke. I cried so bad and laughed at the same time. I anticipating the second part. Loved this one!!

He hasn't really come to face with his feelings yet though xD He's just realised that without Shu Nian he goes crazy~~~~ there's still quite a bit more before he will admit to it ^.^

44 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

He hasn't really come to face with his feelings yet though xD He's just realised that without Shu Nian he goes crazy~~~~ there's still quite a bit more before he will admit to it ^.^

that's still a big step for him. He actually acknowledged that Nian is someone he can't ever live without. that moment is plain sweet. Very powerful...I was so affected by the whole incident + the scene when he goes after his ex. Big indicator to how much he care for Nian~

Guest skeletonworks

The acting is really good and I really enjoyed the movie albeit the missing kiss scene lol. Also I can tell it's a quite high budget movie judging from the setting and the car they used...

I do wonder how did Xieyan found out where Nian lives.. Did he tell him? Maybe he did because Xieyan threatened to kill him if he didn't lol. 

Gosh I have a thing for aggressive, spoilt seme. lol....

I have questions for those who've read the books. When Master first came back, Xiao Nian was texting with someone and had a kind of lovey dovey smile on his face. Is that a character in the books? Can you tell me more about them? 

Secondly obviously a lot of the way Master treated Nian before he found out he was gay was quite intimate. Stoking cheeks, pressing up against him, biting the ear etc. Do we get Masters POV in the books? Does he do it out of a feeling of ownership, like Nian mentions in the childhood flashbacks he had a'cranky pet owner'. Does Master think of Nian as his pet? or just with a sense of 'this is mine' type ownership? 

Is it sexual or does Master repress that side so much that he doesn't recognise it as sexual? Or does he just ignore it? I figured other people in his life (parents) recognised that the relationship was too close and that's why he got sent abroad to study without Nian. But the way Master reacts to Jiang's joke (non-joke because she meant it), he's obviously highly homophobic so do we know how he justifies his previous relationship with Nian?

5 hours ago, lolalarue said:

I have questions for those who've read the books. When Master first came back, Xiao Nian was texting with someone and had a kind of lovey dovey smile on his face. Is that a character in the books? Can you tell me more about them? 

Secondly obviously a lot of the way Master treated Nian before he found out he was gay was quite intimate. Stoking cheeks, pressing up against him, biting the ear etc. Do we get Masters POV in the books? Does he do it out of a feeling of ownership, like Nian mentions in the childhood flashbacks he had a'cranky pet owner'. Does Master think of Nian as his pet? or just with a sense of 'this is mine' type ownership? 

Is it sexual or does Master repress that side so much that he doesn't recognise it as sexual? Or does he just ignore it? I figured other people in his life (parents) recognised that the relationship was too close and that's why he got sent abroad to study without Nian. But the way Master reacts to Jiang's joke (non-joke because she meant it), he's obviously highly homophobic so do we know how he justifies his previous relationship with Nian?

he was a texting a reply to the young master.

the events from the novels differ a lot from the the movie. they kept the general storyline, but almost every detail is different. i think the thing that changed the most is xie yan's character. and imo its a change for the better

Spoiler

reader do get xie yan's pov in the novel. yes, the physical contact stems from possessiveness and ownership. he thinks of shu nian as a pet and loves teasing him, making him cry etc. (i know its pretty weird but if you know anything about lan lin she loves her "变态" creepy semes) when he returned from abroad, all the touching is still out of habit. he finds out shu nian is gay and sent him abroad, imo out of true homophobia. in the novel, shu nian actually went abroad. xie yan misses him, came to visit, and during one night with too much alcohol they had sex. xie yan now sees shu nian in a sexual light. it makes him uncomfortable so he continued being cruel.

basically, xie yan in the novel is your typical "i'm only gay for you" bl character who was born a controlling creep. here's the big catch when it comes to the movie: jiang yao doesnt exist in the novel, and neither does her constant suspicion of xie yan's sexual orientation nor the tidbit about xie yan's british "friend". i have to praise the filmmakers' for this addition to the story bc i'm now looking at xie yan with different eyes! i can finally be more understanding of why xie yan is such a weird pervert and his kneejerk homophobic behavior: he's just a total closet case.

If I was in Shu Nian's shoes every time Master touched me my nerves would be on fire! The actor who plays him really gets it across IMO. You can practically feel his fear that Master would find out how he affected Shu Nian. And Xie Yin is superbly played by Meng Rui, so repressed, so hot. My god the way he spoke, touched and looked at Shu Nian was so intimate, even if it wasn't knowingly sexual. Can't wait for part 2. 

my review of the first part. contains a lot of references and spoilers from the novel

Spoiler

storyline wise, if you don't like melodrama, this is not for you. lan lin is the chiung yao of bl so in all her stories the characters go through hell and back, happy ending not ensured. y'all be ready for part 2 (and beautiful nightmare that is the upcoming "a round trip to love"...*goosebumps*).

actor wise, first, meng rui. in the novel, xie yan's physical appearance is a 25yo that's handsome like an "angel". meng rui meets neither of these qualities. i doubted him at first, but boy he made me eat my words. when he's in the role, he emits every single one of xie yan's true qualities: arrogant, rich young master, pampered, childish, possessive, volatile and, most of all, 变态. (there are many characters from lan lin that i honest don't know how to describe them with anything other than  that word, "pervert" just doesn't carry the same feeling, it has to be  变态 ). like the scenes where he was molesting shu nian: 变态. when he was making out with his girlfriend and staring at shu nian: omg 变态!!!! my favorite scene is the crying scene lol. honestly its been awhile since i have seen crying like that bl dramas. a man crying so achingly like a child who had lost his favorite treasure. another favorite scene is the one at the end when they were lying on the bed. that look of tenderness and love like he finally realizes what is imporatant to him...omg his eyes were so clear and glassy it gave me goosebumps. there are so many places in the novel where the reasons behind xie yan's actions just didn't reach me and i just wanna shake him and ask "why are you doing this???" but the changes to the plot and meng rui's acting actually make me go "ok, i get it, you're being mischievous/you're confused/you're in pain/you're in love". a round of applausal from me.

second, wang bowen. in the novel, shu nian is a 30yo with a small and delicate frame. wang bowen also possesses neither of these qualities. the guy is only 22yo and is 183cm tall lol. i could overlook the discrepancies with meng rui's appearance but watching wang bowen's baby face talking about being 30 and being called "uncle" was hard to ignore. i also felt his casting brought a lot of changes to the character. the shu nian in writing was, to put it frankly, total weaksauce. i felt like wang bowen's shu nian had some sort of silent strength to him. he's quiet and calm but not weak in front of people; that is people other than the young master. it can't be helped if he's weaksauce in front of the young master bc that's the object of his affections, but i really like that the filmmakers/actor made him stronger in other aspects. standing up to jiang yao is one example but moreso when i saw MAJOR SPOILERS: the attempted rape scene by 3 thugs.  those scenes are not in the novel; what is in the novel is shu nian actually getting raped by a single 18 yo, barely able to resist. switching it out for 3 thugs gave him a legit reason to be completely overpowered and even then he was still giving a good fight. (actually, it's possible that the rape scene from the novel will still happen bc, yes, that 18 yo is ke luo :mellow: ...but i really hope not bc nothing good happens during or after that scene and i'm scared regulations might get them for sexual violence involving a teenager lol). i found wang bowen awkward during several scenes with xie yan, but i feel like it's on purpose bc of how freaking embarrassed and fearful shu nian is of his feelings towards xie yan. there's no way he can be natural. wang bowen is not as good as meng rui but i'm still satisfied with his performance.

now, let's talk about the bad. that RIDICULOUSLY obvious project placement. i just want to scream and throw those damn phones in the river. but ok i get it, that was probably how they got their funding in the first place. but it just ruins the mood with all those looooong shots and zoom ins.

overall, the adjustment to xie yan and shu nian's characters made me like them better. of course the visuals for both the actors and sets can't compare to my imagination but i can see the effort the filmmakers put in to achieve this quality. and i'm definitely very happy with the acting. it's a movie worth checking out. 

also i love their 2 osts??? ost lyrics written from the character's pov just robs me of all my tears
the first one by meng rui has an mv and it's great but the one by wang bowen...weeps, i hope they have an fan event eventually so i can get some performances

@shuwei Thank you! I'm totally obsessed with these two, I didn't realise Wang Bowen was so young but I love the softness of Shu Nian and I love how he reacts to the way Xie Yan treats him. I can really feel from his reactions just how much he longs for Xie Yan (just happy to be in his presence) and how terrified he is of being found out. Xie Yan on the other hand is so terribly ridiculously seductive with his face stroking, touching and that voice. Unf! So amazing. I don't want this to end. 

I've read what's been translated of the second novel Late Love which features Xie Yan/Shu Nian as secondary characters and I love reading about them in that. 

gifspam!

06/28 livestream. it was surprisingly cute and entertaining watching 2 clueless guys bake. for such depressing roles in the movie, they're really funny together lol. i felt like i was watching a romantic comedy

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro4_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro2_250.gif tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro3_250.gif 

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro6_250.gif

THIS is what xiao bai was showing meng rui in the last gif...don't you love mature men

i guess xiao bai got the unstable chair and almost fell off twice but luckily there was a gentleman around

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro1_250.gif tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro5_250.gif

planning the cake decoration but did y'all have to be that close :>

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro7_250.gif tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro8_250.gif

the RESULT...i feel like they are trolling on purpose =v=

EDIT: added moar

Spoiler

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro8_r1_250.gif tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro9_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o9l1ygC3O11r374bro9_r1_250.gif tumblr_o9l9g7qR841r374bro1_250.gif

oh lordy, this is some we got married realness...

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro10_r1_250.gif tumblr_o9l9g7qR841r374bro2_r1_250.gif

video cr.

oh, and they also sang the osts several times. they sounded gooood :wub: especially xiao bai. sadly the meng rui cannot remember the lyrics to his own song lol

06/28  wudong interview. y'all idek what to say about this one. it's just satisfying in many ways

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro7_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro1_400.gif

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro4_400.gif

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro2_400.gif

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro3_400.gif

tumblr_o9l23wtG6I1r374bro5_400.gif

4 hours ago, missmeiz said:

@shuwei can you give me, the main cast profile? Shu Nian/Wang Bowen is so cute that I think he is younger than Xie Yan/Meng Rui....:wub:

meng rui (nickname: young master?? i have never heard wang bowen or anyone on staff call out his real name lol)

dob: 12/26/1987

height:1.81m

job: actor, MC

weibo

wang bowen (nickname: xiao bai)

dob: 5/18/1994

height:1.83m

job: actor, singer, professional table tennis player

weibo

1 hour ago, shuwei said:

meng rui (nickname: young master?? i have never heard wang bowen or anyone on staff call out his real name lol)

dob: 12/26/1987

height:1.81m

job: actor, MC

weibo

wang bowen (nickname: xiao bai)

dob: 5/18/1994

height:1.83m

job: actor, singer, professional table tennis player

weibo

@shuwei thanks dear... so xiao bai and meng rui is a popular people in China?

Archived