[Chinese Webmovie 2016] Uncontrolled Love 不可抗力

IMOmusings

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xiao bai performed dream on a music show yesterday :heart: sobs i really like this song

it won the most votes!! and he gave an adorable reaction

btw, i didn't realize there were so many random vids of him at the gym lol

there's a saying in fandom that meng rui's seme status can crumble at any moment. mainly bc xiao bai looks skinny with clothes on but he's still a pro athlete and very fit (which makes his body is completely at odds with the character description of shu nian lol but i digress)

Spoiler

although imo meng rui isnt too threatened bc rather than height or body, the interest and desire to top is the more important, and xiao bai seems to have neither lol

Cm6rCYUVUAAfbU9.jpg

Cm6rCTUUcAAfSqw.jpg

Cm6kxVBVUAEsOu2.jpg

Cm6kxVCUIAIdb3g.jpg

(and maybe a stronger interest in the opposite)

Cm6kxVAUcAAB0n_.jpg

Cm6kxVAVYAAWwDR.jpg

2 things to share~

1. rough trans of a compilation vid of all the "interesting" convo from their livestream on 6/15. if you were wondering what they were talking about in broad daylight infront of such scenic view, well...

Spoiler

1. mr: wait a sec, someone requested for me to feed xiao bai. get ready to take screencaps. i'm feeding him cake. here, qiu qiu qiu qiu ~

xb: i don't want that one

mr: then which one do you want? this one?

xb: i love earting the one in your mouth

mr: ready to take screencap?

2. mr: thank you for all the gifts. but what's the meaning of giving me soap?

xb: give you soap so you can pick it up (yes, its a reference to "dont drop the soap"...)

mr: which one of us pick it up

xb: you pick it up. thank you for all the gifts. you guys should send young master more soap. he likes picking the soap up the most.

3. mr: "young master, where will you take xiao bai to play tomorrow?" tomorrow we are staying in the hotel

xb: where? we are playing on the bed?

mr: yeah

xb: play what?

mr: play what you like the most

xb: hehe

4. mr: he said he doesn't want to be with me. so you guys wanna tie him up and hit him? did you guys watch the wudong interview? didn't many people are saying they want to tie him up and hit him?

xb: hoho, tie me up and hit me. that's fine

5. xb: i have to keep attacking you to continue surviving. or else you would have done me to death

mr: how did i do you to death? i'm still fine???

(lord, what ARE they talking about...)

6. xb: when everyone comes here, remember to bring a jacket. it gets cold at night. last night young master was frozen like a dog, crawling on the floor

mr: good thing he pulled me in the sleeping bag and kept me warm

xb: there was no place for you

7. mr: when two french people meet, how will they greet each other?

xb: they kiss, right? on the lips or forehead? or hand? 

mr: lets say its 2 men, where do you think they kiss?

xb: ...the chin?

mr: hahahaha

xb: no...i'm just saying...kiss...

mr: on the chin?

xb: that's right

mr: incorrect. i want to inform everyone, french people kiss on the cheek. 2 men will do the same. like this for example...

8. xb: young master, i'm cold. give me your jacket

mr: if i take this off i'll be butt naked

xb: that is ugly i don't wanna see

9. mr: he wanted to greet you but then he sees your boyfriend sitting next to you so he decided not to

xb: when he left he said something, what did he say?

(they are talking about some scenario regarding xiao bai but the fans noticed in the place that's normally supposed to be "girlfriend" meng rui said "boyfriend" hmm)

10. mr: hey, don't draw phallic shapes. i think you are too vulgar. you didn't see enough last might?

the other 2 compilation vids on that channel are all in the same vein: SM references and countless bed jokes. i guess dirty minds attract :)))

2. fancam of the guys arriving to record koala fm on 7/7. the only thing i wanna point out is what a gentleman meng rui was being by blocking the door frame in case xiao bai bump his head getting off the car (but sadly didnt extend the same courtesy to the female staff?? lol) and acting like a bodyguard the whole way

Spoiler

Cm6rCSUUcAA3v3P.jpg

Cm6rCQzUcAEGOgD.jpg

I have always appreciated the closeness that the Asian guys give off when they do a movie. Even if some of it is for fan wanking, you can still see a closeness. Between those that play a couple. I enjoyed this movie and am patiently waiting for part 2

@shuwei are you their number one international fan? :) You are doing great work sharing with the rest of us. I'm loving these two together. One thing I really like is that they seem really close in the bts, though in their interviews they seem a little adversarial (though in a fun way) but they're always arguing/play fighting. When you see video of them bts just doing stuff, they seem very close. Meng Rui seems to really dote on Xiao Bai (even though he obviously teases him a lot). I just find them so cute together. 

@lolalarue haha, i simply just wanna share everything i come across bc as you said these two are really entertaining. it's probably due to them having previous showbiz experience, but both of them are outgoing, well spoken, and have a good sense of humor. it makes their promo activities fun to watch.

tbh, with these bl productions i know everything is fanservice, but i can tell when its forced/awkward and when its fun. i only needed to glance at one interview to see how strong their rapport is and how comfortable they are with each other. the amount of details in their answers about each other is pretty amazing, and also the inside jokes, part flirting, part staying in character, part bullying each other etc. even the staff and the author have fun fooling around with them :)))

as a bonus point, i really appreciate how they don't act like indifferent straight guys who don't know anything about the important theme their drama/movie is trying to portray or just give some neutral curt answers when asked. among the bl actors trend lately, these 2 are the first i have seen to express their complete and well-formed thought about lgbt. (meng rui did so much research he even knows a lot of bl terms lol). wudong 12 haven't been subbed but if anyone is curious about what they said, i'll leave a little preview here:

Spoiler

q: does love transcends gender?

xb: whether its liking men or women, everyone wants their love to be respected. each person will not like the same thing. if you found someone you truly love, i think you should use all your courage to express those feelings, so i support it. love does transcend gender.

mr: love transcends gender. i have many friends of that orientation, and i also did a lot of research recently. when i ask them, i get new information but i also adapted to them, find out what kind of community they have. after all that, maybe you will find that their love is more genuine than ours. after seeing their world, you will see situations and people differently. that is, realizing love transcends gender. a man liking another man isn't wrong, and you also cannot stop their relationship. if you can't congratulate them, then don't disapprove. you don't need to say bad things, because to them...we're also the same. after acting in this movie, we met a lot of people, encountered many things, saw and went through a lot. it's something we definitely support. 

they look super sleepy in the new wudong vid but they still gave it a 110% lol

reenacting the bath scene. i remember it going a bit differently, but i'm not complaining!!

Spoiler

00652S3xgw1f5q1mbm1w6g30fk0cgb2j.gif

00652S3xgw1f5q1n31h2fg30fk0cgx6y.gif

cr.

before & after. omg the cutest :wub:

Spoiler

60f58edfgw1f5q64n7hgmg20e4078u16.gif

60f58edfgw1f5q64y2qn3g20e40787wo.gif

bath scene if it was xiao bai instead of shu nian lmao

Spoiler

60f58edfgw1f5q6hvjqzmg20ee07ux76.gif

cr.

btw there's a funny fandom theory that meng rui is a real rich "young master" and an investor for uncontrolled love bc he chose xiao bai himself and is overly invested in xiao bai like showing up to recording for dream just to creepily stare...

@shuwei I would love that theory to be true! Hehehe. I'd say that's more of a soulful stare! I have to say 'investor' or not they made a good decision in letting Meng Rui choose Xiao Bai. He's so protective and invested in Xiao Bai that it's like he's promoting him as well as the movie! Win win all around for the production company. 

Speaking of you comment earlier about fan service, I tend to avoid the live videos because yeah it's obvious that they are two straight guys, flirting with their characters and each other but it's not real. The gifs on the other hand leave me to my imagination! Which is very dirty. 

Edited to add: Okay that's not true about not watching the videos. Once they get subbed in English I can't resist.

On 8 July 2016 at 7:05 AM, shuwei said:

2. the novel has two endings because lan lin wanted to write a bad ending more but after she posted it the fans cussed her out so she wrote a happy one afterwards. so technically the bad ending is the official one

Hide contents

(but the film crew already released a bts pic hinting that the movie will adapt the happy ending. so no one will cuss them out haha)

Can you spoil the ending for me? Both of them? 

Spoiler

And tell me what bts pic suggests the happy ending? 

2 hours ago, lolalarue said:

Can you spoil the ending for me? Both of them? 

Reveal hidden contents

And tell me what bts pic suggests the happy ending? 

Spoiler

bad ending: shu nian separated from xie yan. shu nian got into a car accident and died. xie yan heard about it and is miserable for the rest of his life. the end.

happy ending: shu nian separated from xie yan. shu nian got into a car accident and survived, but it left one of his leg crippled and his face heavily scarred. xie yan eventually found him again after many years and they get back together. in the epilogue, xie yan took shu nian to korea for cosmetic surgery and recovered his old appearance.

fans noticed that in this pic xiao bai's face is scarred and his clothes really fit with the scene when xie yan finds shu nian again

6b4ba0a3jw1f5meyjjke8j20qo0zkae0.jpg

@lolalarue yeah both of them are so much more enjoyable in love late lol. actually i really like love late in general and would die for a live-action...uncontrolled love is probably one of my least favorite lan lin novels but the movie and the actors made me like it more now.

another adorable and "insightful" interview

the guys discuss:

xiao bai playing hard to get

meng rui's kissing skills (you have to admit "dragonfly skimming the water surface, leaving a fragrance" is an amazing description)

meng rui being 36 years older and having legs lengthening surgery lmao

daddy kink (omg their impish reactions are killing me...you dirty boys)

plans for their 7 children

Book spoilers

Spoiler

I'm kind of laughing now when I think about the 'bad ending'. I like that it's referred to as bad and not sad. Because that is a totally terrible ending! I'm glad Lan Lin was shamed by her fans into correcting it. Hee hee. I would have been soooo mad. Thank god, I read Late Love before I spoiled myself on Uncontrolled Love. 

Even the mentions of the two kids make me smile with delight, I can't imagine that not happening now and Young Master being alone :( 

Gah these two are just the cutest! So sly together, it's great! I've been going over and over the videos and gifs on 

@shuwei posts. I finally had to go back and watch the movie again. I really wished someone subbed the written stuff (and also wish someone would re-do the bad bits of the translation). So because I just watched the movie again and it's fresh on my mind I want to ask what you all think. Young Master honestly doesn't acknowledge to himself that the way he acts towards Shu Nian (before he finds out) is totally smexy and romantic? Like the growly, deep, voice, lips pressed up agains Shu Nian's ear, that's not sexual? Crowing with drunken delight at getting to sleep with 'his' Xiao Nian again? 'You are mine, don't date girls, don't tell me if you do'? 

picture updates for today's star release interview of the lead actors

from the show and uncontrolled love's weibo

Spoiler

006jQOK5jw1f5us3vfyjfj31kw2dcqiy.jpg

0063RVPNgw1f5unumlv50j31kw11vdo8.jpg

0063RVPNgw1f5unuqeeyhj31kw11x10n.jpg

0063RVPNgw1f5unuizip8j31kw11xdp1.jpg

0063RVPNgw1f5unu3zy62j31kw11wajt.jpg

0063RVPNgw1f5unuyg2erj31kw11w10y.jpg

0063RVPNjw1f5uuhip5srj317m1kqx6q.jpg

0063RVPNjw1f5uuhwhjxbj31f01w0u0z.jpg

0063RVPNjw1f5uuhnw1a3j31f01w07wk.jpg

006jQOK5jw1f5us3rz4k1j31kw23uh4r.jpg

from their personal weibos

Spoiler

4a3d4e49jw1f5uojdl12sj21hc1z47wk.jpg

62f8accfjw1f5uweh4ovqj21f01w0qv7.jpg

fantaken pics

Spoiler

99e3e923jw1f5uvwvupbtj21900xrx6p.jpg

5e1ac6c4jw1f5uy4rqbptj20qo1be4af.jpg

6f14e19ejw1f5um3rqml5j21hc2mse81.jpg

6f14e19ejw1f5up7vda6qj21hc2msb29.jpg

cr.

006uVXyUjw1f5um5u19jnj30zk0qon1p.jpg

i haven't watched the whole show but meng rui's outfit is enough to crack me up. some highlights:

reenacting ear-biting scene i love xiaobai's manner legs for his short master

doing fan requests LOL

xiaobai singing dream and meng rui singing uncontrolled love. meng rui's struggle with beats and lyrics is real lmao, even though he has a good voice. i'm still praying so hard for a duet ost in part 2 

hello, I always check this forum for the update link, thanks for all of you for information that you're share with us..

I need part 2 as soon as possible huhuhu

btw could you give me video link from cut gifs and photos which has been share?

the new interview, is that any video with eng sub?

On July 14, 2016 at 5:54 PM, lolalarue said:

Book spoilers

Hide contents

I'm kind of laughing now when I think about the 'bad ending'. I like that it's referred to as bad and not sad. Because that is a totally terrible ending! I'm glad Lan Lin was shamed by her fans into correcting it. Hee hee. I would have been soooo mad. Thank god, I read Late Love before I spoiled myself on Uncontrolled Love. 

Even the mentions of the two kids make me smile with delight, I can't imagine that not happening now and Young Master being alone :( 

I really wished someone subbed the written stuff (and also wish someone would re-do the bad bits of the translation). 

yeah the viet version i read didn't even bother translating the bad ending because the translators found it so ridiculous lol. i only know about it from hearsay.

i also wish someone would re-engsub the movie. i watched it with vietsub before the engsub version and the engsubs are truly terrible and distracting...

10 hours ago, fufulo said:

btw could you give me video link from cut gifs and photos which has been share?

any video relating to uncontrolled love can be found on one of these yt channels: 1 2 3

3 hours ago, shuwei said:

yeah the viet version i read didn't even bother translating the bad ending because the translators found it so ridiculous lol. i only know about it from hearsay.

i also wish someone would re-engsub the movie. i watched it with vietsub before the engsub version and the engsubs are truly terrible and distracting...

any video relating to uncontrolled love can be found on one of these yt channels: 1 2 3

is that any video with eng sub? cz I didnt found video with eng sub in that channel #sorry my bad english

Archived